Rams @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/16 - 3:35 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
12 Jan 2021 10:37
ouch

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Not really sure where to put this, but I've been thinking about how this year's team compares to our 2010 team , especially during our run - so I went back and watched some clips of that team.

It's pretty clear that our defense is nowhere near how the 2010 D was playing - they were straight dominant and probably won us week 17 and at least two playoff games. I don't think it's realistic to expect that level of defense from this year's team.

But I don't think we'll need that level of play either, because I think our offense is much better than the 2010 team. I have warm and fuzzy memories from that year of our offense carving people up (probably because that Atlanta game is my favorite Packer game ever), but our offense really got drug along during that run a few times. We scored 10 against the Bears in week 17, 21 against the Eagles in the WC, and 21 in the NFCCG and 7 of those were from the D. The offense was only responsible for 24 in the SB too. This offense is much more lethal.

We're a better offense this year than any year of the Rodgers era except for maybe 2011, and I think if we ran that one back we'd win the SB more often than not. Our defense was much worse then too. That gets me excited, because there are these rare times where guys are playing so well that you just know they won't be stopped, and I'm starting to feel like this might be one of those times for Rodgers. Imagine this year's defense on the 2011 team - that's a SB team, right? And is there that much of a difference right now between those two offenses?

There's no real point here, just doing some thinking about how this is a real chance for Rodgers and the O to carry us through and really cement his legacy. It's right there in front of us.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I think this year's Packer team has much more in common with the 2014 squad than the 2010 one, not in terms of end result (sure hope not) but as a roster: offense was killing it, defense was doing well enough for the O to win most games, and the special teams was... an issue. :oops:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
12 Jan 2021 18:34
Not really sure where to put this, but I've been thinking about how this year's team compares to our 2010 team , especially during our run - so I went back and watched some clips of that team.

It's pretty clear that our defense is nowhere near how the 2010 D was playing - they were straight dominant and probably won us week 17 and at least two playoff games. I don't think it's realistic to expect that level of defense from this year's team.

But I don't think we'll need that level of play either, because I think our offense is much better than the 2010 team. I have warm and fuzzy memories from that year of our offense carving people up (probably because that Atlanta game is my favorite Packer game ever), but our offense really got drug along during that run a few times. We scored 10 against the Bears in week 17, 21 against the Eagles in the WC, and 21 in the NFCCG and 7 of those were from the D. The offense was only responsible for 24 in the SB too. This offense is much more lethal.

We're a better offense this year than any year of the Rodgers era except for maybe 2011, and I think if we ran that one back we'd win the SB more often than not. Our defense was much worse then too. That gets me excited, because there are these rare times where guys are playing so well that you just know they won't be stopped, and I'm starting to feel like this might be one of those times for Rodgers. Imagine this year's defense on the 2011 team - that's a SB team, right? And is there that much of a difference right now between those two offenses?

There's no real point here, just doing some thinking about how this is a real chance for Rodgers and the O to carry us through and really cement his legacy. It's right there in front of us.
Def is nothing like the top teams. It is going to be an absolute mission for Off to win this through.

Bears had 5 red zone appearances and 21 first downs against us. The Saints kept them to 2 red zone appearances and 11 first downs.

Giving Bills, Chiefs, Bucs, Saints more red zone opportunities will be the killer. Good QBs and off's finish in red zone.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

bud fox wrote:
12 Jan 2021 22:27
kyle.mccarroll wrote:

Def is nothing like the top teams. It is going to be an absolute mission for Off to win this through.

Bears had 5 red zone appearances and 21 first downs against us. The Saints kept them to 2 red zone appearances and 11 first downs.

Giving Bills, Chiefs, Bucs, Saints more red zone opportunities will be the killer. Good QBs and off's finish in red zone.
And do you know why they had 5 red zone appearances?

watch at 3:20

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
kyle.mccarroll wrote:

True. The Saints defense is better than ours. I won't argue that.

But Darnell Mooney, their most productive WR, lately, was also out for the entire game and Anthony Miller got ejected. So there is two top end WRs that are out. Also helps that Javon Wims drops a wide open and easy touchdown. ON TOP OF THAT....two of the Bears Red Zone trips were really aided by STs. One they started in the red zone. The other they started at the 40 yardline.

I don't think the differences are as stark as you make it appear between GB and NO's, though I will say NO's is still better until GB proves otherwise.

BBBUUUUUUTTTTTT. This is the time of year fans start building the case of how the Packers screwed Rodgers. It literally happens every postseason.

You want to be the goat Rodgers? Go win a Super Bowl. I have documented countless times on this forum that 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2019 the Packers failed to put up 24 points in their playoff losses. In fact I think the most they scored is either 22 or 23 in all those seasons.

If you want to win in the playoffs, you have to put up 24 points or else it is a defensive bailout. Go win it Rodgers. I know you can do it. Go do it. Come one Packers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Prove otherwise?! $%@# that! We $%@# beat them in their place!!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
13 Jan 2021 07:26
bud fox wrote:
kyle.mccarroll wrote:

True. The Saints defense is better than ours. I won't argue that.

But Darnell Mooney, their most productive WR, lately, was also out for the entire game and Anthony Miller got ejected. So there is two top end WRs that are out. Also helps that Javon Wims drops a wide open and easy touchdown. ON TOP OF THAT....two of the Bears Red Zone trips were really aided by STs. One they started in the red zone. The other they started at the 40 yardline.

I don't think the differences are as stark as you make it appear between GB and NO's, though I will say NO's is still better until GB proves otherwise.

BBBUUUUUUTTTTTT. This is the time of year fans start building the case of how the Packers screwed Rodgers. It literally happens every postseason.

You want to be the goat Rodgers? Go win a Super Bowl. I have documented countless times on this forum that 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2019 the Packers failed to put up 24 points in their playoff losses. In fact I think the most they scored is either 22 or 23 in all those seasons.

If you want to win in the playoffs, you have to put up 24 points or else it is a defensive bailout. Go win it Rodgers. I know you can do it. Go do it. Come one Packers.

as though it was Rodgers fault that we didn't score more during those losses, if not for Rodgers we wouldn't have even played those games, first you blame him for losing those games, then your convinced that he can win this one even though it'll take 10 others to play well too, if we win you'll give credit to those 10 for carrying Rodgers to victory :thwap:

we do this because it's TRUE, you would rather blame Rodgers for either other players failing, or a scheme that didn't fit the players we did have, and you do this to protect whichever GM, coach or FO people we have versus throwing some of the blame there way, Rodgers isn't perfect, but he's as close to it as any fan should expect, and if he had had a better player or two to support him we may have won more of those playoff games.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last 6 weeks of the regular season Packers gave up 4 less points and 51 less yards.

I am not prepared to say that the Saints defense is better than our defense right now.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

All the talk is about how scared we should be of the Rams. I don't get it! Rams should be scared of us! They lost to the Jets and 49ers twice. Any team capable of that shouldn't scare us. Aaron Donald is a beast. But when was the last time a D-Lineman won a playoff game? Just ask JJ Watt. Jalen Ramsey is awesome. So? MVS, Tonyan, Jones, Lazard, Williams, Dillon, Austin, St. Brown, and Aaron F'in Rodgers. I think we can find some offense if they double Adams all day.

Jaire, Savage, Amos, Z. We got some damn good defense too.

Packers 31
Rams 20
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Jan 2021 08:11

as though it was Rodgers fault that we didn't score more during those losses, if not for Rodgers we wouldn't have even played those games, first you blame him for losing those games, then your convinced that he can win this one even though it'll take 10 others to play well too, if we win you'll give credit to those 10 for carrying Rodgers to victory :thwap:

we do this because it's TRUE, you would rather blame Rodgers for either other players failing, or a scheme that didn't fit the players we did have, and you do this to protect whichever GM, coach or FO people we have versus throwing some of the blame there way, Rodgers isn't perfect, but he's as close to it as any fan should expect, and if he had had a better player or two to support him we may have won more of those playoff games.
I mean this is exactly the time to show you are a GOAT. GOATs do GOAT things.

If our 10 other players were good enough to win 13 games they are good enough to win 3 games now. I don't protect front offices but I do expect our players to step up when the opportunity is there or they should be judged accordingly.

2011 and 2014 were missed opportunities. 2015 and 2016 they played above their record and 2019 the offense was still a year behind.

This is their window. This is their opportunity. This is the best shot Rodgers has at a ring since 2014 and 2011. It is time. Go get it.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:

Why the focus on this ONE game? I suspect that the only reason is because it fits the narrative.

Packers were the 8th best defense in the red zone all season. Oh, can't say that because it wouldn't fit the narrative.

The Packers allowed the exact same number of drives to enter the Red Zone as the Saints, 52. Oh, but again, can't say that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

:messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I am settling into this one.

Packers - 38-13

One score comes from D or ST. Offense hits 30 and D dominates.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
13 Jan 2021 09:08
Yoop wrote:

If our 10 other players were good enough to win 13 games they are good enough to win 3 games now. I don't protect front offices but I do expect our players to step up when the opportunity is there or they should be judged accordingly.

2011 and 2014 were missed opportunities. 2015 and 2016 they played above their record and 2019 the offense was still a year behind.

This is their window. This is their opportunity. This is the best shot Rodgers has at a ring since 2014 and 2011. It is time. Go get it.
so then if we win he's a goat, if we lose, Rodgers lost the game, got it....

I can't remember a loss attributed to Rodgers playing poorly in any of those play off games, what I do remember is poor defense, receivers not getting open, the ol breakdowns where Rodgers was under constant pressure, poor coaching decisions and schemes so archaic every DC had a blue print how to attack them.

yet you'll ignore all that stuff and blame Rodgers, if we should happen to lose this one I very much doubt it'll be Rodgers fault, unless of course you expect him to play better then he should have to, it's time the other's play up to there QB, theres plenty of room for more then one goat on this team

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Jan 2021 09:28
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I can't remember a loss attributed to Rodgers playing poorly in any of those play off games, what I do remember is poor defense, receivers not getting open, the ol breakdowns where Rodgers was under constant pressure, poor coaching decisions and schemes so archaic every DC had a blue print how to attack them.

yet you'll ignore all that stuff and blame Rodgers, if we should happen to lose this one I very much doubt it'll be Rodgers fault, unless of course you expect him to play better then he should have to, it's time the other's play up to there QB, theres plenty of room for more then one goat on this team
Never said any of that. Never said Rodgers stunk the pooch, but I also will say he didn't elevate the team when they needed it. I did say our offense in all of our playoff losses outside of 2012 couldn't put up 23 points which effectively is losing football. Especially when your team is designed around the offense putting up the points. That's all I ever said.

Obviously it's not just on Rodgers. But he also shares responsibility. And yes I do view his legacy skyrocketing if he gets another ring. And he would deserve it.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
13 Jan 2021 09:18
I am settling into this one.

Packers - 38-13

One score comes from D or ST. Offense hits 30 and D dominates.
Pretty sure only I'm allowed to make that prediction and you didn't even say in a laugher.

I think their D does make it difficult, but our D just smothers them all game and keeps giving back to our O, we dominate TOP and eventually wear them down in the 2nd half and pull away, rams get a garbage TD late, forum freaks out over it all week.

Packers 31-17

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
13 Jan 2021 09:45
Yoop wrote:
13 Jan 2021 09:28
go pak go wrote:

Never said any of that. Never said Rodgers stunk the pooch, but I also will say he didn't elevate the team when they needed it. I did say our offense in all of our playoff losses outside of 2012 couldn't put up 23 points which effectively is losing football. Especially when your team is designed around the offense putting up the points. That's all I ever said.

Obviously it's not just on Rodgers. But he also shares responsibility. And yes I do view his legacy skyrocketing if he gets another ring. And he would deserve it.
so then he needs another SB win to be a goat, for his legacy to sky rocket, NO HE DOESN'T, because everyone that watches these games knows he's carried this team now for a decade, except I guess you, and some of these sports writers that get paid to sell there opinions whether there accurate, half accurate, or complete ballony, how many times has Rodgers snatched victory from defeat, when you say he didn't elevate the team when he should have, then who could have, and when you bring up a play here or there where he could have made a better decision your being unrealistic, who doesn't, what you neglect is the 45 other plays that he made the right one.