Rams @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/16 - 3:35 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Boy, built this to kind of look to see how good our D was down the stretch, and what I found is yeah, we were decent, right there around 6th to 10th.

But also, holy hell Rams.

image.png
image.png (138.13 KiB) Viewed 470 times

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Jan 2021 10:07

so then he needs another SB win to be a goat, for his legacy to sky rocket, NO HE DOESN'T, because everyone that watches these games knows he's carried this team now for a decade, except I guess you, and some of these sports writers that get paid to sell there opinions whether there accurate, half accurate, or complete ballony, how many times has Rodgers snatched victory from defeat, when you say he didn't elevate the team when he should have, then who could have, and when you bring up a play here or there where he could have made a better decision your being unrealistic, who doesn't, what you neglect is the 45 other plays that he made the right one.
What are you mad about here?

We haven't lost yet. My only comment was to BudFox who started laying ground work for the excuses of yelling at the Packers for doing such a large disserve to Rodgers in the event we lose because our defense allowed 5 trips to the redzone against Chicago whereas the Saints allowed 2 or 3.

We literally go through this conversation every January - August when we have lost the past decade. The naysayers are getting ready to copy and paste their rants that were used in 2019, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011. All they need to do is click "Replace Gute for TT"

Everything is in front of this team. This is a very good football team. Now go get it. Do amazing things. I'm excited to see an amazing player and an amazing team do amazing things.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Yoop wrote:
13 Jan 2021 08:11
BBBUUUUUUTTTTTT. This is the time of year fans start building the case of how the Packers screwed Rodgers. It literally happens every postseason.

You want to be the goat Rodgers? Go win a Super Bowl.
not so much mad, but this is how you start so many comments, basically directed at me since I bitch about the lack of receiver talent next to Adams, and you put up these idiotic standards, Rodgers isn't a goat unless he wins another SB.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think this probably fits for both of you.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

-1 internet point for mentioning wide receivers and inside linebackers out of context of the conversation!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
13 Jan 2021 11:07
I think this probably fits for both of you.

Last edited by Yoop on 13 Jan 2021 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

BF004 wrote:
13 Jan 2021 10:15
Boy, built this to kind of look to see how good our D was down the stretch, and what I found is yeah, we were decent, right there around 6th to 10th.

But also, holy hell Rams.

image.png
Awesome, thanks for that! This is interesting, and supports both that our defense has been getting better as the year goes on and that the Rams defense is definitely legit. Another note is that the Rams allowed 18 PPG during this stretch and the Packers allowed 20.6 PPG.

Just over the last six weeks of the year, the defensive points allowed changes to Rams - 17.3 PPG and Packers - 18.5 PPG.

I agree with GPG; It's on Rodgers this weekend. He can, and needs to, take care of his GOAT business.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
12 Jan 2021 08:18
Ew.

Seeing how this year these 2 players are now operating at an elite level how many All-Pro corners have we faced so far this year?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
12 Jan 2021 08:40
I like the old cliche that "defense wins championships." Maybe our most modern football has tossed that from the lexicon in recent years. But I think it's only changed phases.

Instead of winning the LOS on every snap (old school), the D has to make more big plays than it gives up (new school). On that level, the Rams have Ramsey and Donald. We have Z, Clark, and ? Alexander.

I want our Safeties to make some game changing plays. If they do, they take a big step forward and help the D become what it needs to be.

Even at home in the cold, we need to steal a couple of turnovers and not give them up. WIN the turnover battle.

I think that our WRs will do fine, even against Ramsey. Adams has taken his game to another new level this year. He might be reduced by Ramsey, but not eliminated.

Like some have said, get our running game going and you're setting up the pass. We've had a solid OLine this year. I think that'll continue.

What could be fun for once, is a low-scoring defensive debacle where there's a war on every play. And we win 10-9. Yeah, it'd be grueling to watch. But it'd also say something about our questionable defense.
Jaire may not be at the LOS but he can take away our opposition's be WR so the Rams will not be the only team at 1265 with an elite DB on the field.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

who here doesn't want Rodgers, or expect Rodgers to play up to the ability he has shown us all year---------?

who here expects or is worried that Rodgers will go back to stringing out plays waiting for someone to clear 40 yrds deep in the EZ as he has done in the past ? me, you, everyone.

but here is the thing, we usually won then too, thing is that was under a different coach and schemes, it may have taken him a season to accept and become comfortable in them, but he sure seems to have adjusted well to them now, I doubt there is a player on the field that wants a SB more then Rodgers, I'am sure he'll do everything he can to win, if we do, he'll be the goat, if we lose, he'll be the reason why from most fans.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

TheGreenMan wrote:Order that I don't want to see in the playoffs, #1 being the one I don't want to see the most:

1. New Orleans (Brees and Kamara)
2. Seattle (this D is playing much better too, it's like the O and D flipped)
3. Washington (Front 7)
3. Chicago (Rival)
4. Tampa (Tom)
5. L.A. (No other choice)
Okay, so going back to this from a previous thread.

Watching and reading up on Rams defense, and I'd have put the Rams ahead of Chicago and Seattle for sure.

I'm not really worried about our defense in this game, I think whomever they play at QB can be handled. We have the talent on D to stop them, only if our offense doesn't &%$@ the bed every single drive, like they were doing against Tampa's and Carolina's D. As long as our offense gives our defense a breather, this shouldn't be a problem. With that being said:

The concern is definitely with Rodgesr and this Rams D. Just like Tampa and an extent Carolina, they had the perfect recipe to stop Rodgers. Staley has been known for showing confusing looks, stunts, and has no problem just rushing only 4 guys, backing out of blitz looks after the snap. This might be Rodgers biggest test in the playoffs, when it comes to opposing defenses. The way Staley runs a lot of 3,4 down linemen looks should help us establish a rushing attack, so I think it's going to be important that we don't get away running the ball. Especially if Rodgers starts to struggle with the unique looks Staley is going to be throwing at us, and he has a handful of guys that are well known for disrupting, but also I see a lot of "nobodies" showing up on the stat sheet that are making plays.

Anyways, I don't think this game is going to be a walk in the park. And many will probably disagree with me here, but it's not the Pack D we need to be worried about, but the Pack O. Rodgers needs to be sharp, and LaFleur needs to realize if Rodgers is struggling - go to a nice dose of Jones, Williams, and Dillion.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

If we can contain Akers like we did Henry in week 16, not the turn the ball over and keep Rodgers upright we should win. But anyone here suggesting we'll win by double digits is kidding themselves. The Rams took care of the seachickens on the road. Fortunately, even without Bak, our OL is light-years better than Seattle's so our offense should be able to function a hell of lot better.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Jan 2021 12:32
if we do, he'll be the goat, if we lose, he'll be the reason why from most fans.
I disagree with this. I am in the minority who calls him out. Rodgers is adored in GB no matter the performance and I would say amongst Packers fans it is the popular thing to blame everyone but Arod. I think it deserves all the above.

But enough of that talk. We have a great opportunity in front of us. We have a great shot at this thing. Best shot we have had in a long while.

I am growing more confident by the day heading up to Saturday. I think we can expect 27 points against the Rams and that should be enough. I also think our defense is primed and ready to pop on the national stage. Our secondary is really starting to click. We have some absolute stars budding out there.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jan 2021 09:15
bud fox wrote:
12 Jan 2021 22:27

Bears had 5 red zone appearances and 21 first downs against us. The Saints kept them to 2 red zone appearances and 11 first downs.
Why the focus on this ONE game? I suspect that the only reason is because it fits the narrative.

Packers were the 8th best defense in the red zone all season. Oh, can't say that because it wouldn't fit the narrative.

The Packers allowed the exact same number of drives to enter the Red Zone as the Saints, 52. Oh, but again, can't say that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

:messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup:
Used it because our most recent game, saints most recent game, common opponent and both meaningful games.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Weather update:

Looks warmer. Temps in the low 30's. Wind could be 10 to 20 mph (wind speed has increased) and cloudy.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
13 Jan 2021 14:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jan 2021 09:15
bud fox wrote:
12 Jan 2021 22:27

Bears had 5 red zone appearances and 21 first downs against us. The Saints kept them to 2 red zone appearances and 11 first downs.
Why the focus on this ONE game? I suspect that the only reason is because it fits the narrative.

Packers were the 8th best defense in the red zone all season. Oh, can't say that because it wouldn't fit the narrative.

The Packers allowed the exact same number of drives to enter the Red Zone as the Saints, 52. Oh, but again, can't say that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

:messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup:
Used it because our most recent game, saints most recent game, common opponent and both meaningful games.
So you cherry picked :aok: Tell us again how bad the defense is and how it will be our downfall... And how everyone else is terrible outside of Rodgers... And how the organization is doing Rodgers a disservice...

Our defense isn't perfect. Our offense isn't perfect. Our team isn't perfect. Rodgers isn't perfect. But GOD DAMN IT, this is one of the top 2 teams in the league, if not the best and one of the best squads we have seen in some time.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What is everybody making on Saturday to celebrate the day?

Usually I will make a dish of the opposing team's city but because it's playoffs, we already played both NFC South teams, we are home and the Rams aren't really "LA" yet to me...I am going to make Brats, beans and curds.

Good ole fashioned Wisconsin cookout! :)

That I can't grill with because I still live in an apartment :( Price to pay for following the wife around the country while she is in residency programs.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
13 Jan 2021 15:36
What is everybody making on Saturday to celebrate the day?

Usually I will make a dish of the opposing team's city but because it's playoffs, we already played both NFC South teams, we are home and the Rams aren't really "LA" yet to me...I am going to make Brats, beans and curds.

Good ole fashioned Wisconsin cookout! :)

That I can't grill with because I still live in an apartment :( Price to pay for following the wife around the country while she is in residency programs.
Whiskey? Maybe I'll buy some brats. Wife won't be home, so I can watch, eat, and drink in peace.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Jaire is a freak and our best player on def.

He has it all to be the number 1 corner in the game and I don't think he is far from it.