Rams @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/16 - 3:35 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
17 Jan 2021 06:18
Just one more side note to my previous.

However, Pam Oliver rocks!
You're joking right?

Like I have MAD respect for Pam Oiver and how she trailblazed her career.

But she needed to be off the air 3 to 4 years ago. It's really too bad because again I have such mad respect for her. But her inability to speak properly makes her a liability at her job and devalues the product when it doesn't need to be.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

flapackfan wrote:
17 Jan 2021 06:38
Great game plan, with good execution! One complaint; botched extra points happen but going for two to chase the botch was a mistake. Sure it would of increase our lead to 17 making it a 3 score lead but 16 would of made it a 2 TD and 2 point conversion lead. Not to mention it was too early in the game not to take the 1 point normally assured by kicking the extra point.
I don't have a problem with it. Trust your offense to ensure it is a 3 score game. If you fail, like we did, our defense still needs to make just one stop on a 2 point conversion because 8+6 = 14.

Just so many reasons this game "appeared" closer than it was.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Billy Turner and Rick Wagner have earned their play checks, after all. Having two mid-priced vets seemed wasteful before the season, but they have come through BIG when we have needed them. Lucas Patrick - cheap as vodka in Russia, and I have zero complaints about his game. Elg is a phenom. Bak and Linsley All-Pros.

Someone go tip a hat to Gutey for putting that crew together.

I personally think that having a quality OL and running game helps AR a helluva lot more than any 2nd WR could.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:24
Billy Turner and Rick Wagner have earned their play checks, after all. Having two mid-priced vets seemed wasteful before the season, but they have come through BIG when we have needed them. Lucas Patrick - cheap as vodka in Russia, and I have zero complaints about his game. Elg is a phenom. Bak and Linsley All-Pros.

I personally think that having a quality OL and running game helps AR a helluva lot more than any 2nd WR could.
If there are two things fans look really stupid at right now for b*tching about Gute, it's about complaining in one breath, "we have no depth!" and then the next breath, "terrible allocation (waste) of resources! They won't play!"

I think the pick of Rashan Gary, the signing of Billy Turner and Wagner, all somewhat unpopular moves, for the exception of Wagner to a lesser point, is making Gute look pretty smart right now.

And how about our WR2 and WR3 yesterday huh? I mean they had the one drop. But other than that, they consistently got open and made imapctful plays.

That MVS conversion on 3rd and 3 before the Lazard TD was BEAUTIFUL. That was top level sh*t right there. Davante Adams couldn't have done any better.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:30
salmar80 wrote:

If there are two things fans look really stupid at right now for b*tching about Gute, it's about complaining in one breath, "we have no depth!" and then the next breath, "terrible allocation (waste) of resources! They won't play!"

I think the pick of Rashan Gary, the signing of Billy Turner and Wagner, all somewhat unpopular moves, for the exception of Wagner to a lesser point, is making Gute look pretty smart right now.

And how about our WR2 and WR3 yesterday huh? I mean they had the one drop. But other than that, they consistently got open and made imapctful plays.

That MVS conversion on 3rd and 3 before the Lazard TD was BEAUTIFUL. That was top level sh*t right there. Davante Adams couldn't have done any better.
Gary was a stupid pick, it took him a year to be a good rotational player, a slot 12 pick after spending 100 mil on the same position is not wise, we needed help elsewhere last year, it took that depth player a year to be that.

everyone drops a pass, just like everyone makes a spectaculer catch once in a while, it's the ones that do less of the first thing and more of the 2nd will keep a QB throwing them the ball, for christ sakes scantling haS A 50% CATCH RATE, those stats don't lie.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:02
Scott4Pack wrote:

You're joking right?

But she needed to be off the air 3 to 4 years ago. It's really too bad because again I have such mad respect for her. But her inability to speak properly makes her a liability at her job and devalues the product when it doesn't need to be.
I haven't seen her in a long time. I really had to question whether she was drunk yesterday. It was that bad.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If there is one common theme I am noticing while watching this game again, it is that Rashan Gary is our best edge rusher both against the run and the pass.

Even on the drive the Rams scored a TD on before the half, Gary plugged the hole on his end but nobody helped fill the other side of the hole and Akers gets 15 yards. Then the pass completion to Woods, Gary was a quarter second from getting a sack (the ball was out quick).

Each play you just saw Gary push that tackle inside the pocket. Meanwhile you would see Z. Smith always be about 3 steps farther away from the quarterback.

Rashan Gary is so close to breaking out like a 3 sack, take over game.

My hope is it just happens this year. It is inevitable it is happening next year.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:46
go pak go wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

Gary was a stupid pick, it took him a year to be a good rotational player, a slot 12 pick after spending 100 mil on the same position is not wise, we needed help elsewhere last year, it took that depth player a year to be that.

everyone drops a pass, just like everyone makes a spectaculer catch once in a while, it's the ones that do less of the first thing and more of the 2nd will keep a QB throwing them the ball, for christ sakes scantling haS A 50% CATCH RATE, those stats don't lie.
If you could watch the game yesterday and call Rashan Gary a depth player... then I cannot help you. He was absolutely a game changer and has been trending that way all season.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:51
Rashan Gary is so close to breaking out like a 3 sack, take over game.
HE DID THAT YESTERDAY in absolutely every way except in the box score and only because Kenny happened to kill his guy and get to the QB at the same time as Gary. Gary led them team with 3 QB hits and finished with 1.5 sacks. That is all the break out I need.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

You're joking right?

Nope. Not joking. I look forward to what she has to say, not HOW she says it.
She gets good quotes. She makes good, intelligent use of her reporting time.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Nobody is going to say this WR grouping is the second coming of Jennings-Nelson-Driver-Jones and squad. But if they can string together two more games like yesterday, Adams-MVS-Lazard- tbd are really holding their own.

Credit QB and OLine play if you want. That’s fine. But I see these guys, as a whole, making more plays and maturing nicely.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

Yoop, I do wish we had a great WR2, and AR is the MVP. But can you find it in your heart to admit that this O has many pieces that help AR succeed?

We have a very high level OL with All Pros and quality depth. That line gives AR ample time to go through his reads, and also opens up holes for the.... the 3-deep high-quality RB corps, who are not only good at pass pro and Jones can catch, but whose running takes pressure off AR, and helps set up... the play-action game, where we can achieve surprise due to teams having to actually respect the run. Then you have an All Pro WR and a top 10 TE. You have a speedy WR to take the top off (albeit with bad hands), and an OK all-arounder in Lazard.

Yes, Jefferson would've made this O even better. But I think it's frankly disrespectful of you not to give credit to any of the guys we currently have, except for your man-crush AR.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Scott4Pack wrote:
17 Jan 2021 08:00
go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

You're joking right?

Nope. Not joking. I look forward to what she has to say, not HOW she says it.
She gets good quotes. She makes good, intelligent use of her reporting time.
You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but I thought it was typical coach-speak. I wasn't engaged by anything she was saying and her delivery was really distracting. I do like Kristina Pink much better.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I wanted to come in here and burn [mention]Yoop[/mention], but after looking at the box score MVS had 4 receptions on 8 targets, so pretty much par for the course. I thought it was better than that. But, Rodgers missed him twice, early, with high throws that I put more on the QB than the WR. We can argue that until we are blue in the face, but neither one would be considered a drop. Then there was the throw up the left sideline that went over his head. Finally, I think there was one deep shot that was broken up by the DB chopping his arms (but nice play by the DB, no PI). During the game, I thought it was one of MVS' better games. Caught some critical balls and made some moves in the open field. 4 receptions for 33 yards with a long reception of 12, but 3 of those were for 1st downs. That means he was functional in the offense without completing a shot play. I will take that from him and that shows a lot of growth to me.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

Gary was a quality pick. He’s also an example of BPA drafting.
Guty and MLF alike saw the abilities of this guy and stated how rare his combination of size, speed, and ability are. They justified the pick of Gary quite well. And they are being proven to have chosen well as Gary matures. He is showing ability against the run and the pass, a true 3-down player. And he reliably puts pressure on QBs.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:55
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

If you could watch the game yesterday and call Rashan Gary a depth player... then I cannot help you. He was absolutely a game changer and has been trending that way all season.
I didn't like the pick at the time, and he has been a backup rotational player most of his first 2 years, I expect more from a 12 slot pick then most here it seems.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
17 Jan 2021 08:14
I wanted to come in here and burn @Yoop, but after looking at the box score MVS had 4 receptions on 8 targets, so pretty much par for the course. I thought it was better than that. But, Rodgers missed him twice, early, with high throws that I put more on the QB than the WR. We can argue that until we are blue in the face, but neither one would be considered a drop. Then there was the throw up the left sideline that went over his head. Finally, I think there was one deep shot that was broken up by the DB chopping his arms (but nice play by the DB, no PI). During the game, I thought it was one of MVS' better games. Caught some critical balls and made some moves in the open field. 4 receptions for 33 yards with a long reception of 12, but 3 of those were for 1st downs. That means he was functional in the offense without completing a shot play. I will take that from him and that shows a lot of growth to me.
The box score doesn't give MVS justice like it didn't give Gary justice.

I mean he was effectively a 125+ yard day and two TDs. Also could have had a flag called on him on the deep shot; though watching again I think it was good the refs let the play it out.

I agree that MVS could have done a better job on the 5 yard TD failure. It looked to me he didn't time the jump properly. Like he was surprised the ball was so high.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2021 08:16
I didn't like the pick at the time, and he has been a backup rotational player most of his first 2 years, I expect more from a 12 slot pick then most here it seems.
Fine, at the time you didn't like it. I don't care. But, since then, what has he been? You describe him as a back-up, rotational player. True Year 1, absolute complete BS in Year 2. They might call Preston Smith the starter, but it's crystal clear that Rashan Gary has surpassed Preston Smith in almost every way. It's a position group that uses a high rate of rotation, so whatever they are doing seems to be working. So I guess it depends on how badly you want to stick with your take, but reality is telling a different story right before our eyes.

Read More. Post Less.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Lol at calling Gary a rotational player. He led the team in pressures and sacks yesterday and is easily the best run defending edge on our team. And he's 23.

Come down from that hill, it'd be real silly to die up there on it.