Divisional Round Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Jan 2021 19:22
I really wish we had a less professional, by-the-book commentating crew for this. Can I watch an alternative broadcast with someone who breaks the rules of showing proper respect and reverence to great careers and just trashes these guys all night?
Oh my goodness I agree. I hate it when commentators won't say it how it is when legends play like trash.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I hate Ty Montgomery.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ooh. big injury for the Bucs.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

YoHoChecko wrote:
I really wish we had a less professional, by-the-book commentating crew for this. Can I watch an alternative broadcast with someone who breaks the rules of showing proper respect and reverence to great careers and just trashes these guys all night?
I want sarcastic commentators to be a thing. I have for a while. I can see how I would possibly come to regret getting my wish, and yet...
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Years ago there used to be a guy who livestreamed games and he offered the kind of commentary yoho is talking about. It was pretty funny stuff.

"Number 64 took a break from beating his wife to beating their LG instead."

NFL shut it down.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
17 Jan 2021 19:39
YoHoChecko wrote:
I want sarcastic commentators to be a thing. I have for a while. I can see how I would possibly come to regret getting my wish, and yet...
Yeah I remember the Pat McAfee experiment with the Packers Lions game in 2018. At the time I hated it. Now that I know what he's all about...I think it's funny. Especially because like Pat said...it was week 17. Both teams were both done. There is nothing professional about that game. Have fun with it. He just needed a better co-color guy.

Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

That ball was poorly thrown. No need to hold the WR there.
Yoop wrote:

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 19:29
YoHoChecko wrote:
Oh my goodness I agree. I hate it when commentators won't say it how it is when legends play like trash.
In case you missed the intro Joe Buck tells us that Troy Aikman is in the pro football HOF.
:bkw:

That guy is so nauseating,
GO PACK GO!!!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
17 Jan 2021 20:02
go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 19:29
YoHoChecko wrote:
In case you missed the intro Joe Buck tells us that Troy Aikman is in the pro football HOF.
:bkw:

That guy is so nauseating,
2nd to worst HOF numbers. 64.8 on the HOF monitor average of the QBs in is 101.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think Troy Aikman is an overrated QB for sure. You have a guy like LeRoy Butler who changed the way the safety spot is played and first team all 90's team and may never get the Hall nod...meanwhile Aikman rides the coattails of an amazing Oline and running back and he is first ballot.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Has the feeling the Saints won't be able to win this if the Bucs find their way into the endzone here.
Yoop wrote:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

I don't quite know what to make of this game. Neither team looks like they really want it. Sloppy play on both sides.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If Tampa gets 6 here, that will probably do it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

I hate the idea of playing TB because Brady has clearly sold his soul to the devil. Never seen such incredible luck.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Well. We didn't get the matchup we wanted.

But we get the matchup we crave.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean Brees what is the point of "teaching moments" at this point.

I mean really....
Yoop wrote:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

They should have pulled Brees he can throw more than 5 yards.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drew Brees' career is going to end with a 3 INT game when literally a Taysom Hill game or heck an Alex Smith game would have won it easily.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Why is it every time we play an NFC Championship game we are playing the team we lost to on the road earlier in the season?

2010 - Chicago
2014 - Seattle
2016 - Atlanta
2019 - San Francisco
2020 - Tampa Bay

I mean that is incredible.
Yoop wrote:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Jan 2021 20:42
Drew Brees' career is going to end with a 3 INT game when literally a Taysom Hill game or heck an Alex Smith game would have won it easily.
No kidding. I feel for him a bit if it indeed it's his last game.
RIP JustJeff