NO or TB?!? What's the better choice for us in the NFC game?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

For which team should I root tonight?

Poll ended at 18 Jan 2021 06:23

NO
80%
TB
20%

Total votes: 20

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

salmar80 wrote:
17 Jan 2021 22:23
I don't love the style of D that Tampa plays as a matchup vs us. They crowd the line, blitz often and play tight man (you know, what everyone wishes Pettine would play all the time ;) ), and that has given the risk-averse AR fits in the past. There's obviously chances for huge plays if we handle that pressure, but I think it's tougher style for us than the Rams' D was.

I do believe LaFleur can analyze film and can figure out a counterplan, especially as we have the self-scout from our regular season game. In our first meeting, blitz-countering screens were conspicuously missing. Our usual "pick" plays can beat man coverage quick. If you get protection, the sidelines will be open deep vs cover-1. AR will have to stand there, deliver in time and take some hits. Fascinating to see what LaFleur/Hackett come up with.

Their O isn't as scary. We can handle it. Could use some turnovers.
They were playing Brees who couldn't throw the ball more than 10 yards. They'll have to loosen up against AR.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I would have rather played NO. It's clear that Brees is too old to be effective at this point and he sort of reminded me of 2015 Manning out there. Additionally, TB matches up better against us, and they beat the &%$@ out of us earlier this year, which, although it can be overcome when it happens in the NFL should the teams match up again, usually happens for a reason.

Bruce Arians is a smug son of a bitch who teaches his players to play aggressive to the point of playing dirty, and his teams have given Rodgers trouble throughout the years. I watched their DBs play physical at the line today, and Devin White is a monster in the middle of the field. They also have Suh and JPP on a very solid D Line. I would rather take their defense than ours in January, they're built moreso like a SB winner than we are on that side of the ball even though we have players who technically grade better.

They also have way better WRs than us. Davante is the best WR on the field, but after that, it's the 3 TB WRs. I'd probably take Tonyan over Gronk though, but Gronk is always going to be a threat.

Where we have them beat is QB and RB though. Rojo and Brady are good to great, but Rodgers and our RB corps are elite. Also, I tend to think our scheme is the best, whereas Arians basically runs nothing special. So if we are to win, I think it has to be like we won last week with a mixed attack centered on the run.

Despite everything I wrote, I have to think we are the favorites here, and even if we match up poorly, as I believe, this isn't the classic Rodgers Kryptonite opponent that we frequently run up against in the playoffs. Honestly the Rams were more of that than TB is. TB is a typical Arians bruiser team with a laughably potent WR corps and the GOAT under center (Brady has to be the GOAT but Rodgers is the best player ever).

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I thought we would dominate the Saints. I think we still beat the Buccs will it will be a harder and more physical game. They shut the run down. We live off the run. The run the ball efficiently and we allow teams to run. They are susceptible to big plays and penalties over the top because of their corners aggression. Our secondary can hang with their receivers. It’s their TEs that worry me against our linebackers.

The pass rush is gonna need to be great but we need to enable them by keeping Brady in long situations. You do that by tackling. King needs to have someone in his ass about his pussy &%$@ tackling. Savage too for that matter. These dudes need to start using their arms in playoff games like these.

Fortunately both special teams are really bad.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

The only thing that worries me is how bad Pettine's gameplan was last time around and that he seems committed to that general approach with pretty much every opponent, which I do not think is the right one against this opponent.

It is imperative that our pass-rush comes alive next week and really gets in Brady's face. That is, and always has been, the way to beat him.

And, of course, special teams... my god. That unit just looks abysmal in general.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
18 Jan 2021 01:31
The only thing that worries me is how bad Pettine's gameplan was last time around and that he seems committed to that general approach with pretty much every opponent, which I do not think is the right one against this opponent.

It is imperative that our pass-rush comes alive next week and really gets in Brady's face. That is, and always has been, the way to beat him.

And, of course, special teams... my god. That unit just looks abysmal in general.
What was bad about his gamelan? They gave up a pick six, another setup of field position because of a pick. They punted 7 times. The offense didn’t do their job last time around.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

In that game Clark was just coming back from his injury, Adams too and Bak got hurt. Pressure up the middle is key against Brady. I like what we did with Z in the middle vs Rams. If it snows that will negate their speed at LB.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:

The one thing going for us this time is our D is playing much better than it did back in October.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pugger wrote:
18 Jan 2021 07:08
Labrev wrote:

The one thing going for us this time is our D is playing much better than it did back in October.
Other than Bak being out everything is going for us!!! We're going to smoke these guys!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Cdragon wrote:
18 Jan 2021 07:22
Pugger wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Other than Bak being out everything is going for us!!! We're going to smoke these guys!

If we execute the offense like we did against the Rams I like our chances. Tampa has a nice D but I don't know if it is better than the Rams'.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Cdragon wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Labrev wrote:

The big kicker is we are going to have fans with boards slapping against the bleachers to make it a bit harder for their offense to hear. Could be a factor.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Jan 2021 08:35
Cdragon wrote:
Pugger wrote:

The big kicker is we are going to have fans with boards slapping against the bleachers to make it a bit harder for their offense to hear. Could be a factor.
the Boards are our 12th man :banana:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2021 08:48
lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Jan 2021 08:35
Cdragon wrote:

the Boards are our 12th man :banana:
Sorry, this is all I can think of... :lol:

Read More. Post Less.