Rams @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/16 - 3:35 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
17 Jan 2021 11:21
This is pretty cool, saw a couple of really strong rushes from him last night

"Rashan Gary was the highest graded defensive player for the #Packers against the Rams.
Gary tallied (7) total pressures, tying a single game high for his career."
Was it notes anywhere what his grade was?

Just curious.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Gary is one of my favorite draft picks we've ever made. I love elite physical specimens, especially at premium positions like EDGE. He was a Top-5 athlete, just was not a complete player yet, but with our OLBs coach and veterans like the Smiths, this was the perfect place for him to hit that very high ceiling (a point that I made even back then in my many arguments against, uhh... certain detractors #GaryGang).

I can't wait 'til we fully unleash him -- he's gonna be such a beast! :o :aok: :dude:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 12:21
3. Jeffrey Simmons would not have had any impact last year vs San Fran. The 9ers had their success beating our edge boys and our offense only mustered 20 points scored primarily in garbage time. A hole plugging DT would not have changed htat.
this is very debatable, SF ran a lot between the tackles as well as outside, when Clark is your olny DT that can stand up a double team then the other has to at least control ONE gap and they couldn't, it's why Martinez looked lost, when more then one gap is open the Lber has to much to think about.

we only scored 20 points because of the pass rush and coverage, a WR might have helped, but that is also debatable

the rest of your thread is long, and I'am busy, I'll have to read it again later, but this just jumped out to me

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2021 13:42
go pak go wrote:
3. Jeffrey Simmons would not have had any impact last year vs San Fran. The 9ers had their success beating our edge boys and our offense only mustered 20 points scored primarily in garbage time. A hole plugging DT would not have changed htat.
this is very debatable, SF ran a lot between the tackles as well as outside, when Clark is your olny DT that can stand up a double team then the other has to at least control ONE gap and they couldn't, it's why Martinez looked lost, when more then one gap is open the Lber has to much to think about.

we only scored 20 points because of the pass rush and coverage, a WR might have helped, but that is also debatable

the rest of your thread is long, and I'am busy, I'll have to read it again later, but this just jumped out to me
I just think it's ridiculous to say, "if we had a rookie DT we would have won a game that we lost 37 to 20 including being down 27-0 to at halftime and 34 to 7 early in the 3rd quarter.

While at the same time having the same defensive players (except a rookie UDFA taking over Blake Martinez) one year later completely stiffen up vs the run including stopping the league's best rusher and also holding guys like Cam Akers to under 100 yards when the Rams clearly wanted to run the ball.

While also at the same time our very own rushers absolutely destroyed a Titans defense who has that specific DT on their squad. Again. Our team is really good. So far the front office has shown since taking over they know how to build a team. Hopefully they continue to prove they knew how to build a football team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 14:03
Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2021 13:42
go pak go wrote:

I just think it's ridiculous to say, "if we had a rookie DT we would have won a game that we lost 37 to 20 including being down 27-0 to at halftime and 34 to 7 early in the 3rd quarter.

While at the same time having the same defensive players (except a rookie UDFA taking over Blake Martinez) one year later completely stiffen up vs the run including stopping the league's best rusher and also holding guys like Cam Akers to under 100 yards when the Rams clearly wanted to run the ball.

While also at the same time our very own rushers absolutely destroyed a Titans defense who has that specific DT on their squad. Again. Our team is really good. So far the front office has shown since taking over they know how to build a team. Hopefully they continue to prove they knew how to build a football team.
never said we'd beat SF, my point was that Simmons would have helped more then Gary, you keep defending Gary the player, when my issue was using that slot on him.

The narrative changes. Halfway through the season in 2019 you wanted to trade up for Bush or take Fant because Graham wasn't cutting it at TE. Then we lay an egg with bad run defense and it changes to we should have taken Simmons.

ya GPG, like most people I have more then one player on my short list, however once they are gone, I move down my list, Bush was my #1 and went top 10??? after him I had Fant, then a slide back for Simmons and I can't even remember now who else, but sure as hell another edge rusher wasn't on it.

we had just spent a 100 mil. on edge rushers, why would I draft one when we had plenty of other positional needs.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This defense just seems to go as Kenny goes.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
17 Jan 2021 18:54
Some new soundbytes this week.

Love the tick tick tick boom timing.

Also, watching this back, was Lazard better than I realized yesterday? (aside from the drop, obvi)

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Go Pack Go!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Jan 2021 20:54
NCF wrote:
17 Jan 2021 18:54
Some new soundbytes this week.

Love the tick tick tick boom timing.

Also, watching this back, was Lazard better than I realized yesterday? (aside from the drop, obvi)
He was really good. He was literally one drop away from being Here's Johnny.

He was 2019 Lazard yesterday. Incredible moving the chains for us. Another thing that popped out at me on his presser, he said he was down on himself because he made some bad plays by missing some blocks...not the drop. He talked about his blocking.

Like when have you ever heard a WR talk about being upset on missing their blocking?

I love it.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Peaking at the right time.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
18 Jan 2021 02:19
Peaking at the right time.

Yeah he’s on an absolute tear.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't know if this was said on Sunday or not.
Green Bay pressured Jared Goff on 15 of Goff's 31 dropbacks which gives a pressure rate of 48.4%. That is the highest pressure rate the Rams allowed in a game under any game during Sean McVay's tenure as coach.
:clap: :clap:
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

DL Damon Harrison: The Packers had him on the field for just three plays. He got washed out of all three, so Dean Lowry and Tyler Lancaster got much of the work the rest of the way. The Packers might have been uncomfortable with having Harrison on the field against the Rams’ up-tempo looks.
https://sports.yahoo.com/studs-duds-pac ... 35082.html
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I dont usually agree with Cow Turd but hes right here. Rodgers is really making MM look awful. Its something I had been saying for years. Management was failing Rodgers. MMs offense was horrible. Everything looked hard. Every pass needed to be one of those passes that was throwing someone open. Nobody was ever being schemed open. Then you had TT who was probably getting his players from games of bingo at his local senior citizen home.

ML comes in here and everyone is moving. Everyone is beng schemed open. You basically cant play man vs this team because of the motions and picks and crosses. Zones hard as well because of the motions and floods making defenses make adjustments in play with minimal communication prior to the snap.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What's so strange is how abrupt the MM/TT era went from peak to clearly trying to survive.

I mean 2014 2nd half of season, after they move Matthews to ILB, the team was clearly the best in football. It got seriously hampered by a Rodgers injury at Tampa before the postseason but the defense stepped up so big towards the end of the season that it didn't matter and it was looking like Rodgers would benefit from the SB bye week and bring home the 2nd trophy for the Rodgers/MM/TT era.

Add on that a GREAT 2014 draft....TT seemed to do a fantastic job of transitioning the team to Phase II beyond the SB team.

Nelson and Cobb took over Jennings and Driver
Eddy Lacy was a clear upgrade over even Ryan Grant
The offensive line completely flipped and looked strong as ever

On the defensive side of the ball, new and young draft picks looked exciting.

Mike Daniels seemed to take the torch from Raji
Clinton Dix fell in our laps and looked to continue carrying the #21. Morgan Burnett was getting experience.
Nick Perry was a strong and young Pass rusher who is a great compliment to Matthews and oh by the way, TT signs Peppers in the most TT fashion by complete secrecy. Sam Shields is looking to be an All Pro and we have Casey Hayward taking over Tramon Williams.

I mean the team looked stacked. We signed all our big time FAs in the 2015 offseason. Then we draft Randle who started 2015 with a bang. The Packers are 6-0 relying on their defense as the offense is adjusting, but adjusting well with life without Jordy. Big Packers wins include beating the Seahawks and the 9ers in dominating fashion. Our biggest thorns at the time.

And then just like that, Sunday Night Football against Denver they find something. And literally the TT/MM era is over. It is just so baffling to me how a team can be peaked so high going into a bye and coming out....it's literally the beginning of the end.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Jan 2021 21:58

I dont usually agree with Cow Turd but hes right here. Rodgers is really making MM look awful. Its something I had been saying for years. Management was failing Rodgers. MMs offense was horrible. Everything looked hard. Every pass needed to be one of those passes that was throwing someone open. Nobody was ever being schemed open. Then you had TT who was probably getting his players from games of bingo at his local senior citizen home.

ML comes in here and everyone is moving. Everyone is beng schemed open. You basically cant play man vs this team because of the motions and picks and crosses. Zones hard as well because of the motions and floods making defenses make adjustments in play with minimal communication prior to the snap.
I thought the play when Adams motioned left and then motioned all the way back to the right -- to catch that superultrafast snap pass from Rodgers in the endzone for the touchdown with All-Pro DB Jalen Ramsey exasperated was the perfect definition of MLF coming in here and getting everyone moving. Quite the genius offense. Those wide open deep passes to Lazard and MVS seem unique as well. Some of this was there under McCoach for example the pass from Aaron Rodgers to Randall Cobb versus Da Bears in Chicago (when Rodgers escaped to the left and fired the bullet to a wide open Cobb). But the motion plays and the run blocking schemes under MLF are much better than anything we saw under McCoach. Also the emergence of the 3 RB threat has been unique as well. How we do this without a blocking Kuuuuuuuuuuuuhn type FB is baffling. It's that offensive line that Gutey partly built I guess ....... :aok:
Go Packers!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Jan 2021 21:58

seriously now, how many here enjoyed watching Rodgers extend plays hoping someone would clear, right to the point of taking a sack, or throwing it away, year after year, once Nelson, Cobb, Jones etc. skills had diminished that stuff became a regular routine, on schedule throws had become much more difficult, and the offense struggled.

everyone here loves what MLF has brought, his up tempo approach has made everything better, Rodgers gets the ball out faster which eliminates the pass rush, and scheming up ways for receivers to get open faster makes it more difficult for defenses to cover, plus MLF wasn't just spouting lip service when he said we would be more balanced, and run more, and our success with it also helps the passing game.

several years back some of us marveled at the ability of NE and Brady (marveled might be a bit much, we hate NE as much as we hate any other team, Brady too ;) ) to dink and dunk using pre snap mis direction plays doing so, imo it's impossible not to love watching gadget and trickery when it's done to near perfection, and NE at the time was pretty good at it.

now we are the team that others will want to copy, cause we are doing it now as good or better then anyone ever has imo, it will be fun to wipe that smirk off Brady's face next Sunday when we run up the score against his new team :aok: