Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

It's been stated several times that our offense should take care of business against this Bucs D, however White can really change that defense. As long as Rodgers gets rid of the football quickly and we don't get away from the ground game, we should be fine.

Regarding the Bucs O: Honestly, if we took care of business with Akers running the football, I'm not too concerned about Fournette and Jones. I see some posters thinking Brady isn't going to be a problem, but he's Brady and is always a problem 99.9% of the games he's in. If it does snow, that will have an impact on our pass rushers (I don't get the power/speed argument here, if it's going to effect Tampa, it's going to effect us too). The biggest thing with Brady is his check downs to his backs and the TE. We're usually really bad against big TE matchups, so hopefully we have something prepared here. If I was a guessing man, the TE is going to be taken out of the equation because we dealt with Brady, not because we blanketed Gronk. They have some pretty decent guys at WR too. Alexander is playing great football, King needs to step it up.

So, really, yeah it's going to be about containing Brady. You can doubt his physical ability all you want, but when you have the rings you have my respect. The D just has to show up and the O just can't &%$@ the bed and we'll be fine.

We're a much more dangerous team than the Saints, and I think Tampa is about to find that out.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

The more I listen to smart people talk, the more I realize how much the Packers missed Tyler Ervin in that first Bucs game and how little they had figured out as far as how to replace him.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
19 Jan 2021 14:55
The more I listen to smart people talk, the more I realize how much the Packers missed Tyler Ervin in that first Bucs game and how little they had figured out as far as how to replace him.
It's honestly a night and day's difference.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
19 Jan 2021 14:25
Yoop wrote:
19 Jan 2021 14:09
go pak go wrote:
19 Jan 2021 12:36

:clap: :clap:

Couldn't agree more.
I'am confused, if Brady is efficient and gets that ball out fast then why would we play base with 2 ILB's versus Amos at ILB/hybrid, that is a lot better option to cover those short zones then either of Kirksey or Martin.

are we more concerned with stopping the run, or the pass? obviously both, but I don't want to see Brady get on a roll.
I think it's not so much the personnel, which depends on how many WRs they trot out, rather playing a tight 8-man box close to the LoS with corners usually manning up (often in press) and (at least threaten) rushes from different positions. Idea being "stop the run, aim to create quick pressure, and make quick short and intermediate routes tough". The obvious risk with this is that if Brady isn't pressured quickly, WRs will have time to beat their 1-1s and there's often just one S to help the CBs.
thing is Brady, like Rodgers this year beat the pass rush almost regularly, so ya need that initial coverage both Martin or Kirksey lack instincts for, and imo Brady and the Bucs scheme will dictate whether we can bunch tight, we have to go where they line up, and in space I'll take the coverage ability of our safety's over the LBers, to bad we don't have Green to team with Amos and Savage.

saw this , we have 4 players the best in the league at there positions

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pff-packer ... 21254.html

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Tampa's offense couldn't put a drive together unless it was a turnover. If we control the turnover game, we should be fine. I don't think Brady looked particularly great against the Saints D, and was only able to put together 3 TD drives of 3, 20, and 40 yards (off turnovers). That's not good. Tampa is thriving off taking the ball away, which our first game definitely backs this too.

So, honest.... Brady looked ordinary last weekend. Much more reliance on the Tampa D.
RIP JustJeff

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

JW and Dillon both had 20+ yard runs in the first matchup. AJ had essentially nothing. He bounced outside a lot and the LBs are too fast for that.

If Jones starts bouncing anything he will need to be pulled for Williams. Williams is the better blocker as well.

On defense Brady dropped back 27 times and was pressured only 5 times. That can't happen again.

And obviously we lose if AR throws INTs.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
19 Jan 2021 16:18
JW and Dillon both had 20+ yard runs in the first matchup. AJ had essentially nothing. He bounced outside a lot and the LBs are too fast for that.

If Jones starts bouncing anything he will need to be pulled for Williams. Williams is the better blocker as well.

On defense Brady dropped back 27 times and was pressured only 5 times. That can't happen again.

And obviously we lose if AR throws INTs.
I've thought about this too. White and David are much to quick to be running outside of the tackles. We're much better creating holes up the middle and running right at these guys. It will also help take the speed away from the pass rushers.

If I'm afraid of anything in this game, really afraid, is getting stuffed in the running game and then we'll see Tampa really pin their ears back for Rodgers. And when this happens, Rodgers is either really, really good.. or really bad. It's important to get that rushing attack established, at least to keep the defense honest, and Aaron needs to do exactly what the game plan looked like against LA, dink and dunk down the field if needed. His poor throws on the day were mostly down field/long ball.

We can't be afraid for our unstoppable offense to "look" ordinary when it's needed.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Bucs CBs are super aggressive and sit on a lot of routes. They did it vs us and they did it vs the Saints.

I actually think this is the type of game where we should throw down the field. The Bucs also did a lot of man to start the game in week 6 and we destroyed it with our man beaters. I hope they try it again but am guessing they will play primarily zone.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
19 Jan 2021 16:39
The Bucs CBs are super aggressive and sit on a lot of routes. They did it vs us and they did it vs the Saints.

I actually think this is the type of game where we should throw down the field. The Bucs also did a lot of man to start the game in week 6 and we destroyed it with our man beaters. I hope they try it again but am guessing they will play primarily zone.
I think the issue with that is how much time will Rodgers have, to throw down field. You're going to see a lot of press man coverage, that will look to rattle our WR's. This definitely impacted the Rodgers-Adams connection - it was almost not existent. Having Lazard back here will certainly help things. If 12 has the time to avoid rush in the pocket, heck yeah take a shot or two down the field, but I'd rather see this "new" Rodgers in taking what's given, and work our way down.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Perfect way to screw with man pressure... motion!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Jan 2021 17:37
Perfect way to screw with man pressure... motion!

Flood one side of the field, with an opposite side cross and a chip and glare TE as hot reads.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

A little something to get ya hyped, as if you needed more... :beer2:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

salmar80 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 02:28
A little something to get ya hyped, as if you needed more... :beer2:

Battle of the Bays. Winner is going to the Super Bowl. It's time baby!
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheGreenMan wrote:
19 Jan 2021 17:23
go pak go wrote:
19 Jan 2021 16:39

I think the issue with that is how much time will Rodgers have, to throw down field. You're going to see a lot of press man coverage, that will look to rattle our WR's. This definitely impacted the Rodgers-Adams connection - it was almost not existent. Having Lazard back here will certainly help things. If 12 has the time to avoid rush in the pocket, heck yeah take a shot or two down the field, but I'd rather see this "new" Rodgers in taking what's given, and work our way down.
I gotta think our OL will play a much better game this week than they did in October up in Tampa. I seriously doubt the Bucs' D front is better than the Rams' front (even with Donald not 100%).

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
20 Jan 2021 08:43
I gotta think our OL will play a much better game this week than they did in October up in Tampa.
A lot of post game analysis showed that our OL was not nearly as bad as it seemed. Tampa took advantage of our RB's in pass protection and then we dealt with a mid-game injury to Bak while playing from way behind. This is time for LaFleur to shine. He is going to make their LB's look... well, like ours.

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Better pass rushers on the outside for sure.

Get the ground game going inside. The backers are too good to try and get to outside the tackle. They have been run on inside though. Punch them in the mouth right away. I'm really sick of the narrative that we arent physical. Its bs. Whites comments should light the fire.

No turnovers we win by 2 scores

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
20 Jan 2021 08:51
Better pass rushers on the outside for sure.

Get the ground game going inside. The backers are too good to try and get to outside the tackle. They have been run on inside though. Punch them in the mouth right away. I'm really sick of the narrative that we arent physical. Its bs. Whites comments should light the fire.

No turnovers we win by 2 scores
Yeah. We were really successful with the outsize zone scheme leading up to the Bucs game and we just kept it going and it played right into their hands.

We lately have been using the inside runs a lot more and have been really good at it.

That Bucs game was so weird in that 2nd quarter. We are up 10 - 0 with the ball. Rodgers throws to Adams and Dean picks 6's it. If Adams and Rodgers better recognized what was happening....Adams does a double move and Rodgers hits him for an easy TD.

Next drive Rodgers hits a wheel route to Jones at midfield. Arians challenges it and it was a close call but ruled incomplete. Rodgers then missed Packers face a 3rd and 4. Bucs jump offsides. It's not call and a bobbled ball gets picked to get a TD. Should have been 1st and 10 GB but instead is 1st and Goal for the Bucs.

Next drive Aaron missed M. Lewis who is left wide open up the middle. Packers forced to punt and Bucs get ball around the 40. Bucs get a first down. Then Gary pushes his LT into the QB. Gets the hand on the facemask of Brady. Ball is no at the 20. Bucs face a 3rd and goal. Pettine sends 3 and you can guess what happens (we had Jackson and Oren Burks in coverage).

I mean under normal circumstances, the game is 17 to 10? 24 to 10 Packers? But instead everything goes the Bucs way, including a horrible non-called offsides (funny how the commentators never bring these up when it happens against us but always does when we do it) and it's suddenly 21 to 10 Bucs. All in like 8:00 of time.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah, this was the game that really emphasized the "punch them in the mouth and they can't respond" narrative even though it's the only game where that happened.

But yes, up 10-0 with the ball, it felt like we were on the path to a blowout. But then the quick 14 and we just never recovered and the blowout went the other direction. It feels like we learned from it with our ability to respond throughout the season, so hopefully we don't lay an egg again, even if a few things go against us.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Shaun O'Hara did a good segment this morning on GMFB showing a couple of blitz pickups that we screwed up. On both plays Adams had burned Davis and was off to the races. Remember we put Wagner at LT when Bak went out that game and Jamal had his worst day of blitz pickups. I think both improve this game and addin the snowy field which will slow their LBs down a bit. Aaron could have a field day this time.

Also, Jones really missed Lazard on the outside zone runs. Different story this time. Feeling more optimistic this week.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

What should I be worried about with this game? Something is nagging me and I can not figure out what it is.

I mean other than the normal, this is the NFCCG and it is going to be tough.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."