R.I.P. Old Girl - Old forums talk & links

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
01 Jul 2020 08:09
I would imagine it has something to do with sexism, ignorance and me being a bad person.

R.I.P. non-binary identifying forum. :lol:
Yeah, I was going to say, I am offended. :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Looks like the old girl rose from the dead. :dunno:
RIP JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

TheGreenMan wrote:
19 Jan 2021 19:25
Looks like the old girl rose from the dead. :dunno:
It’s a miracle
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If you have any old draft takes, tables, etc. you want to bring over again now. Do so now or forever hold your peace.

I was able to bring over our old draft history for dynasty league the past few weeks since is been back up.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 09:18
If you have any old draft takes, tables, etc. you want to bring over again now. Do so now or forever hold your peace.

I was able to bring over our old draft history for dynasty league the past few weeks since is been back up.
One of the reasons why I bumped it.

Did anyone actually hear from louder before the board went back up?
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
21 Jan 2021 10:10
One of the reasons why I bumped it.

Did anyone actually hear from louder before the board went back up?
Nope. PN.net rising from the dead came as a total surprise. And we have zero idea how long it'll be up. My suspicion is Louder got a warning that if server isn't paid, they'll delete all data, and he paid outta charity, but this is just a guess. :idn:

Enjoy while it lasts!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

For an archeological expedition, back to the Primetedthompsoneoic Era from spring 2008 to the summer of 2013, seems like the PHPBB2 version of PN.net is also still readable: http://www.packersnews.net/phpBB2/index.php :shock:

You can go look back at the Favre trade, Championship celebrations etc. I was posting elsewhere back then, but still a fascinating time capsule. :read:

Does anyone know of a forum that goes back even further? Would be fun to go all the way back to the AR pick.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
22 Jan 2021 00:06
For an archeological expedition, back to the Primetedthompsoneoic Era from spring 2008 to the summer of 2013, seems like the PHPBB2 version of PN.net is also still readable: http://www.packersnews.net/phpBB2/index.php :shock:

You can go look back at the Favre trade, Championship celebrations etc. I was posting elsewhere back then, but still a fascinating time capsule. :read:

Does anyone know of a forum that goes back even further? Would be fun to go all the way back to the AR pick.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... tart=25720

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

PSA: everyone of these posters on this forum now all claim they supported drafting Rodgers at the time and everyone could see his talent.
image.png
image.png (118.51 KiB) Viewed 435 times
image.png
image.png (44.79 KiB) Viewed 435 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

deleted

whoops wrong thread
Last edited by Yoop on 22 Jan 2021 08:07, edited 1 time in total.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Pretty sure both Dain and Haus bailed from there (and from GB in general) long ago. Haus followed Favre to NYJ then was seen posting a couple times on the Vikes board before he vanished, Dain disappeared around the same time too, summer '08.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2021 08:02
wow, Teds ulogy has turned into a glouting session about who was right or wrong concerning decisions Ted made, seriously people why are you trying to divide this forum, this is so childish.
This is not the Ted Thompson thread... There is no one turning Ted's "ulogy" into a "glouting" session or being childish.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Yoop wrote:
wow, Teds ulogy has turned into a glouting session about who was right or wrong concerning decisions Ted made, seriously people why are you trying to divide this forum, this is so childish.
Ummm, this thread is about the old forum (and the discussion has generalized to other old forums).

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

There were a lot of Favre only Packers fans. There are a lot of Rodgers only Packer fans too.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
22 Jan 2021 08:05
Yoop wrote:
Ummm, this thread is about the old forum (and the discussion has generalized to other old forums).
sorry, my bad.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I don't think the effect is nearly as extreme as it was for Favre. Favre was thought by some to be the human form of all the truck commercials you see between plays throughout the game.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jan 2021 08:06
There were a lot of Favre only Packers fans. There are a lot of Rodgers only Packer fans too.
who? I don't know ANY, most fans, like most people are reluctant to give up on what has been successful for someone or something unproven, thats human nature, and Favre like Rodgers now had proven to be successful over a long period of time, heck half the members here wanted to give Favre another year including the person that started this forum.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2021 08:30
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jan 2021 08:06
who? I don't know ANY, most fans, like most people are reluctant to give up on what has been successful for someone or something unproven, thats human nature, and Favre like Rodgers now had proven to be successful over a long period of time, heck half the members here wanted to give Favre another year including the person that started this forum.
I didn't bring up the older forums so that we could go back to fact check, nitpick, and make fun of people who got things wrong (hint: that's you, me, EVERYBODY). But rather it's nice to have those links stored in case you wanna go back and reminisce.

We tend to have more level-headed crowd on this here forum, but there are a lot of AR die hards on more casual Packers forums. Not to Favre fanboy -levels, since Favre worship had it's roots in the miserable decades preceding him, and fear of them returning, but to enough level to go nuts due to picking another QB low in 1st round...

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Waldo wrote:
22 Jan 2021 08:13
I don't think the effect is nearly as extreme as it was for Favre. Favre was thought by some to be the human form of all the truck commercials you see between plays throughout the game.
I 100% agree, definitely not as extreme.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

ehhhhh, big diff imo between the pick of Rodgers and Love, Favre had been trying to intimidate the FO for years with threats of retirement to get them to bring in Moss and other FA's, to date I don't remember Rodgers ever doing this stuff, at least nothing to the extremes Favre did, in that sense I felt the Love pick was premature and didn't support the pick.

none of this has anything to do with the way I will feel about Love 5 years from now, if he does well I will be happy and grateful that we where able to replace Rodgers with another great QB, if not I will chalk it up to a miss along with all the other misses Guty is bound to have, I simply would have waited a couple more years to draft Rodgers replacement.