List Your Top 5 Players You Want This Weekend

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Apr 2020 11:24
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Apr 2020 22:47
There is just no point to get locked into prospects. It only serves to make you angry when we inevitably do not take who you want.
OR to make you an overjoyed fanboy for years like I was when we picked Randall Cobb as I watched from Afghanistan in the middle of the night.

Actually, I looked at the old forum and I made an "early wish list" in like January of ten players I wanted in the 2017 draft and we ended up taking three of them. That was pretty fun for me, too. Don't only look at the downsides. Look at the upside of locking into players you want. It's just MUCH less likely.
Johnathan Franklin for me. I will always have that day in Cincinnati. He would have done great things if he would have stayed healthy.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I hit our first pick of Jaire on the head 2 years ago.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Apr 2020 11:25
Backthepack4ever wrote:
23 Apr 2020 09:28
Jefferson or Reagor in the 1st

2 Logan Wilson. Fell in love with his kid
3 Noah igbinoghene. Hes not falling but he will be a stud
4 Dalton Keene end of draft hard nosed prospect to groom
5 Antonio Gibson
We're really on the same page this draft cycle.
Yea like the your 1st 3 picks in the draft contest are the 3 I was going to do but I'll go a different route bc this is getting weird :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
23 Apr 2020 09:11
It might be beating a dead horse, but at least it is on topic. Look, we all think we know what is best, but those that have a more open mind will probably enjoy the process so much more.
to think people dont or shouldn't have a few fav players doesn't make any sense, I don't know anyone that follows this stuff that doesn't.

and when we have a high pick then people do have a few they like more then any others, for me, Gary was not even close to a fav for me, I get the team or Guty would never say we got stuck there, or we couldn't find a trade partner, but to come out and say they had him targeted as THERE guy is out right preposterous to me, to be honest I didn't even have a #1 guy last year, I had hoped a lber would fall, or one of the TE's, possibly a couple others, when Guty took Gary is was one of the bigger disappointments I can remember in a long while, not because of who he was, simply that we just signed two guys I new he wouldn't beat out for playing time.

and as we saw against SF last year, Pettines schemes to stop the run suck, and you can't just pin your ears back and rush every down, teams actually count on you to do that (SF) then just wall you out of the play, so what good does it do to draft a guy that can't win a edge start, and wont hold up against the run, so excuse me, but Gary was a very poor choice at such a high draft slot, Guty could have done so much more to increase the value of that slot. water under the bridge, sure, and he can redeem himself in about 8 hrs or so, I hope he does.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Murray
Queen
Josh Jones
Aiyuk
Mims
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
23 Apr 2020 11:53
and when we have a high pick then people do have a few they like more then any others, for me, Gary was not even close to a fav for me, I get the team or Guty would never say we got stuck there, or we couldn't find a trade partner, but to come out and say they had him targeted as THERE guy is out right preposterous to me
1.) I didn't either. I hated him, but saw him more as a DT than an EDGE.
2.) This is the part where its no wonder you feel the way you do. And I don't get it. You think he was lying about liking Gary more than anyone else? There was no reason to make that up. He could have just said he was the best player on our board at the time. If you are able to put this aside and take him at his word, it should be much easier for you to understand how most are willing to let this play out.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Bogey wrote:
23 Apr 2020 11:55
Murray
Queen
Josh Jones
Aiyuk
Mims
Oh an actual Josh Jones fan!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Apr 2020 11:44
you and most everyone else here if my memory is correct, well some of us wanted Edmunds and where upset when Guty traded way back and then back up, when he did that I know I thought it would be Alexander, CB was still a big need position.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Apr 2020 11:57
Bogey wrote:
23 Apr 2020 11:55
Murray
Queen
Josh Jones
Aiyuk
Mims
Oh an actual Josh Jones fan!
Couple of others on here too I think.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
23 Apr 2020 11:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
you and most everyone else here if my memory is correct, well some of us wanted Edmunds and where upset when Guty traded way back and then back up, when he did that I know I thought it would be Alexander, CB was still a big need position.
Your memory isn't because no one else picked him as our first pick. You wanted Edmunds, don't say otherwise. <snip>
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
I don't think that is true. I loved Jaire Alexander, but didn't even think the Packers would have them on their board because of his height. Good thing Gutey made an exception (and he has literally said he did make an exception) to draft Jaire.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Bogey wrote:
23 Apr 2020 12:05
Couple of others on here too I think.
For sure.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
23 Apr 2020 12:08
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
I don't think that is true. I loved Jaire Alexander, but didn't even think the Packers would have them on their board because of his height. Good thing Gutey made an exception (and he has literally said he did make an exception) to draft Jaire.
Yeah, we're debating a subtle difference between LOVE and PREDICT. A handful of us loved Jaire, but only 23 picked us to draft him in the board contest.

Looking at that year's draft contest again, I also had Natrell Jamerson and Tremon Smith as late round picks for us--neither of which came true but both ended up on our team after waiver claims. That was the year I made the earl draft wish list with ten names, including Jaire, Josh Jackson, and EQSB. I honestly came off of Jackson hard and don't even remember having liked him. In the end, I didn't predict we'd get any of those three.

I think there's room in th discussion for both loving a player before he was picked and for correctly predicting that we'd pick him, but note the difference rather than argue about it. In this case, 23 is right that he predicted it and was the only one. Yoop is right that Jaire was a favorite of many on the board. No need to be hostile about it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Apr 2020 12:27
I think there's room in th discussion for both loving a player before he was picked and for correctly predicting that we'd pick him, but note the difference rather than argue about it. In this case, 23 is right that he predicted it and was the only one. Yoop is right that Jaire was a favorite of many on the board. No need to be hostile about it.
Quit being so diplomatic... but 100%, yes.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Also, no Badgers pls. Our last two Badger picks were busts and that's a big enough sample-size for me to conclude that Packer-Badgers are irredeemibly cursed.

NO BADGERS!!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
23 Apr 2020 12:47
Also, no Badgers pls. Our last two Badger picks were busts and that's a big enough sample-size for me to conclude that Packer-Badgers are irredeemibly cursed.

NO BADGERS!!
If Taylor dropped to our 2nd round I would be disappointed if we didn't take him. That won't happen, but it would be fun!

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Apr 2020 12:49
Labrev wrote:

NO BADGERS!!
If Taylor dropped to our 2nd round I would be disappointed if we didn't take him. That won't happen, but it would be fun!
I think Taylor will be a good pro. My 5 are Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, Tyler Johnson, Chase Claypool and Darius Anderson. I would love to see them get 3 of those guys.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
22 Apr 2020 08:28
NCF wrote:
22 Apr 2020 08:24
1.) Henry Ruggs
2.) Patrick Queen
3.) Josh Jones
4.) Markus Bailey
5.) Jalen Reagor/Chase Claypool

HM.) Jordan Love (like, if we could get him in the 4th-round... just love the prospect)
where already considered a soft team by some, can you imagine what they'd be saying if we trot a player onto the tundra named love? :lol:
I don't have to imagine any longer. I'm getting the full brunt of what they'd say. :lol:

Read More. Post Less.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Apr 2020 12:49
Labrev wrote:

NO BADGERS!!
All I ask is no division rivals take a Badger. I just don't want to have to root against them.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
23 Apr 2020 11:27
YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Apr 2020 11:24
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Apr 2020 22:47
There is just no point to get locked into prospects. It only serves to make you angry when we inevitably do not take who you want.
OR to make you an overjoyed fanboy for years like I was when we picked Randall Cobb as I watched from Afghanistan in the middle of the night.

Actually, I looked at the old forum and I made an "early wish list" in like January of ten players I wanted in the 2017 draft and we ended up taking three of them. That was pretty fun for me, too. Don't only look at the downsides. Look at the upside of locking into players you want. It's just MUCH less likely.
Johnathan Franklin for me. I will always have that day in Cincinnati. He would have done great things if he would have stayed healthy.
Pckfn23 wrote:
Josh Jackson in rnd 2 for me. I'm not doing so hot fellas. :lol:
RIP JustJeff