Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2021 13:03
I just want to say that I am incredibly confident for tomorrow and everyone here knows I am not that way normally. But I am very confident we are going to the Super Bowl.
I want to feel great about this but what if you’re a jinx
:lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here is why I say that. Rodgers in NFCCGs:
image.png
image.png (27.38 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Now, here is Rodgers in the first half of those games:
image.png
image.png (5.84 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Like I said, if Rodgers comes out hot in the 1st half, the game is over, we will be headed back to Tampa!

That lone TD in the first half came in the 1st quarter of the Seahawks game.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 23 Jan 2021 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Jan 2021 13:17
go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2021 13:03
I just want to say that I am incredibly confident for tomorrow and everyone here knows I am not that way normally. But I am very confident we are going to the Super Bowl.
I want to feel great about this but what if you’re a jinx
:lol:
You and I are documented often on this thread about how confident I was for Week 1 vs MN. So I felt okay saying that.

Trust me. I have gone through all the scenarios in my head. ;)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2021 13:19
image.png

image.png

Like I said, if Rodgers comes out hot in the 1st half, the game is over, we will be headed back to Tampa!
Holy sh*t Rodgers was booty putty poo if his first two title games.
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Jan 2021 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2021 13:29
Pckfn23 wrote:
image.png

image.png

Holy sh*t Rodgers booty putty poo if his first two title games.
Just as bad in the first halves of the last 2 as well:
image.png
image.png (5.11 KiB) Viewed 475 times
Only looked better because of garbage time in the 2nd half.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I just re-watched the December 2014 match-up between the Patriots and Packers at Lambeau. It was cold.......that was back in the day when Davante was #3 (and dropping passes) behind Cobb and Jordy, Lacy was our RB. We still had Kuhn and Starks. Quarless was the TE. And we had that great line upfront Bakh, Lang, Sitton, Linsley and Bulaga. 2014 D was maybe a snitch better than our 2020 rendition (but only a snitch) with Hawk, Clay, Daniels, Neal, Peppers, Burnett, Hyde, Tramon, HaHa. Can't recall seeing Shields play that day ...... he may have been injured. Devon House #31 was out there instead maybe. Anyway....even with soft pressure to Brady, he was throwing inaccurate passes. Didn't matter who the receiver was........Gronk, Edelman, Amendola or LaFell, or how open they were. Brady was off target a lot that day.

I think we've got this one. Our 2020 running game is off the charts. R-E-L-A-X

GO PACK GO!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Pckfn23 wrote:
image.png

image.png

That lone TD in the first half came in the 1st quarter of the Seahawks game.
Skip Bayliss was using this as an argument all day yesterday. That Rodgers is not good in the big moment.

We were whipped the last two NFCCG's, but that San Fran team was miles better than us. Atlanta was really hot in 2016, and our defense was atrocious and so banged up. Maybe we should have expected ass whippings here.

I was a bit surprised with our run with the Bears. I have all "roses in the valley" memory for that performance. He definitely played worse than I remember.
RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Well the 1st pick in the bears game was a bad pass but Driver flipped it up to Briggs, and we got it right back on Shields pick. The second one was missing Urlacker in the middle and Rodgers took him down with the shoe string tackle. Cost us some pts but the bears went 3 and out so no harm no foul. The Seahawks game AR was damaged. So I don't really put much into either "bad," game.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Cdragon wrote:
23 Jan 2021 14:14
Well the 1st pick in the bears game was a bad pass but Driver flipped it up to Briggs, and we got it right back on Shields pick. The second one was missing Urlacker in the middle and Rodgers took him down with the shoe string tackle. Cost us some pts but the bears went 3 and out so no harm no foul. The Seahawks game AR was damaged. So I don't really put much into either "bad," game.
The Bears game he was bad. I think the only TD he had was a rushing one on a PA boot. It was a good play. The pick to Urlacher was in the red zone.

Against the Chickens the first pick should have been a free play. Refs missed Bennett offsides somehow so Rodgers threw up a prayer to Adams. 2nd pick was bad. Still the entire team did everything they needed to be able to win that game until that idiot jacked up the onside recovery.

Against the Falcons everyone was hurt. Nelson had broken ribs. Adams had an injured ankle I think. The defense was all types of banged up. We were just outmatched here. It was a wonder how they pulled it out vs the Cowboys the week before.

The 9ers just dominated us. They were the best team in the NFC and it wasn’t even close. Rodgers played poorly for sure but only so much you can do when you’re that overmatched.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Jan 2021 15:22
Cdragon wrote:
The Bears game he was bad. I think the only TD he had was a rushing one on a PA boot. It was a good play. The pick to Urlacher was in the red zone.

Against the Chickens the first pick should have been a free play. Refs missed Bennett offsides somehow so Rodgers threw up a prayer to Adams. 2nd pick was bad. Still the entire team did everything they needed to be able to win that game until that idiot jacked up the onside recovery.

Against the Falcons everyone was hurt. Nelson had broken ribs. Adams had an injured ankle I think. The defense was all types of banged up. We were just outmatched here. It was a wonder how they pulled it out vs the Cowboys the week before.

The 9ers just dominated us. They were the best team in the NFC and it wasn’t even close. Rodgers played poorly for sure but only so much you can do when you’re that overmatched.
2007, 2010. 2011, and 2014 we were legit champioship teams. 2013 we would have too if Rodgers didn't get hurt.

2016 and 2019 I agree we were justly beat.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Jan 2021 13:39
I just re-watched the December 2014 match-up between the Patriots and Packers at Lambeau.
That was one of the best Packer games I have ever watched -- two very good teams playing really good football and had to earn every point/yard they got. 2014 was a really fun season... minus that one part. :oops:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

2011 defense was historically bad, so I wouldn't say they were, but 2007 and 2014 were for sure.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2021 15:42
2011 defense was historically bad, so I wouldn't say they were, but 2007 and 2014 were for sure.
Agreed. The distance between 2010 and 2011 was insane. So, not sure I'd say 2011 was championship worthy.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2021 15:28
lupedafiasco wrote:
Cdragon wrote:

2007, 2010. 2011, and 2014 we were legit champioship teams. 2013 we would have too if Rodgers didn't get hurt.

2016 and 2019 I agree we were justly beat.
lets not start allibying Rodgers now, I'am sure other QB's have played well with a dislocated shoulder on there throwing arm :lol: I don't want to hear all these excuses :lol:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Learning from the Seahawks-Packers game in January, 2020 .......... just stay in the fight without turning the ball over. I think we're finally done with the dropsies too.

This time with HOME ICE ....... we have a heckuva consistent running game. The Bucs will tire.......and it will just snowball from there. Crosby is ready too.

We can do this, We must do this, We will do this.

R-E-L-A-X. Slow Down Young Man.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

What's everyone drinking and cooking up tomorrow for the game?

Thinking I'll smoke a pork butt and mac n cheese.
RIP JustJeff

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Williams and the dagger that brought home the SB XLV victory! Tramon here’s hoping you’ve got some left in the tank.
:hail:
Attachments
017CDBA3-10A2-46A9-8345-C53E2407ACC8.jpeg
017CDBA3-10A2-46A9-8345-C53E2407ACC8.jpeg (649.47 KiB) Viewed 384 times
GO PACK GO!!!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Cdragon wrote:

Great post. Also in 2010 he went on to win superbowl mvp - pretty important game. The pressure and coverage in alot of those games was nuts - I don't think Tampa is as good as our other nfcc games.

People on this forum praying for a Rodgers bad game it seems lol just deal with the fact this team has had the best QB of all time.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
23 Jan 2021 17:12
Williams and the dagger that brought home the SB XLV victory! Tramon here’s hoping you’ve got some left in the tank.
:hail:
Jennings calling coverage and then scoring was pretty special.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
23 Jan 2021 16:54
What's everyone drinking and cooking up tomorrow for the game?

Thinking I'll smoke a pork butt and mac n cheese.
I'm gonna do a Blue Cheese Butter Burger, Sweet Potato Fries, greek salad and Miller Lite.

Cannot wait.
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Jan 2021 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote: