Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

The weird thing about this game is: we had it all in our hands.
If this dumb half time TD does not happen (because before we get
the INT!) or if we score after gettin two!! INT's from Alexander
then we probably win. Tampa - just like last week vs. Saints - didn't
win it, we just gave it to them.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Dare I say that next year is the start of a rebuild? Lots of moving parts on the team with a tight cap.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lulu wrote:
24 Jan 2021 20:20
Dare I say that next year is the start of a rebuild? Lots of moving parts on the team with a tight cap.
Definitely going to be some movement.

Lafleur and Gute better get someone in the draft for Rodgers I don't even care if they think it's needed.

WR, CB, ILB are my wants.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

lulu wrote:
Yeah, probably a soft rebuild, unless the owners rework the cap or something
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah everyone close to the Packers knows this was our shot. This was our year.

So to do as well as they did all year and it end on 4 bullsh*t plays is gutting like Rodgers said.

I mean I am with Aaron. I need take a few weeks and reevaluate my relationship with the team too.

f*ck brady.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Jan 2021 20:23
lulu wrote:

Lafleur and Gute better get someone in the draft for Rodgers I don't even care if they think it's needed.

I'm assuming that besides King, Jones and Linsley will be gone. Preston cut. Jamal Williams, Lane Taylor, and Big Dog get offers?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
lulu wrote:

Yeah for sure we need a CB2. I doubt that is King. It may be another FA but likely could be a draft pick which I think we need to hit if we want to do anything in 2021.

I see us competing for the North in 21. But I think we are looking at a 4 or 3 seed and exit in the Divisionals next year. I just don't think we can make the 21 Packers better than the 20 Packers.

And I think Rodgers knows it too which is why he sounded so dejected.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

In retrospect, the Packers overachieved and we should be proud that they took the top seed and made it to the championship game again.
Very "un-normal" season due to coronavirus. Nothing has been easy. Losing Bakh was huge.
The team's weaknesses are well known and documented on packers-huddle.com. Gutey needs to keep plugging away.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Jan 2021 20:31
In retrospect, the Packers overachieved and we should be proud that they took the top seed and made it to the championship game again.
Very "un-normal" season due to coronavirus. Nothing has been easy. Losing Bakh was huge.
The team's weaknesses are well known and documented on packers-huddle.com. Gutey needs to keep plugging away.
We did not over achieve. This was a great team. We under achieved
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
24 Jan 2021 20:28
TheGreenMan wrote:
lulu wrote:

I'm assuming that besides King, Jones and Linsley will be gone. Preston cut. Jamal Williams, Lane Taylor, and Big Dog get offers?
What kind of market will Jones attract? How much will Preston cost? After we stopped putting him on TEs his play improved. I suspect Big Dog might retire. Williams should be back. Taylor? meh

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jan 2021 20:35
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
I agree. We deserved where we got. No one, other than the Bucs were better than us. Still need to plug away, like every year. But over-achieve? No.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

German_Panzer wrote:
24 Jan 2021 20:07
This was our best shot at the SB since forever... gone. We were good
enough to beat Tampa, just look at all those missed opportunities.
Now fire Pettine, get some decent pass rush, and next season looks
promising.
Yeah this was a giant missed opportunity. Next year we will have to play a healthy 9ers team and who knows how healthy we will be. Outside of Bak we were able to keep our best players all year long with a few missing here and there.

A lot of people said no rookie would have made the difference between wins and losses this year but what makes that any different next year? You know what would help us next year is a 2nd year jump from our first round pick. That isnt going to happen with him as a backup QB. Aaron Jones is as good as gone. We just cant afford him. Linsley is likely good as gone. King was the most likely to go before this game. Injury prone and just not a good player. Losing him will be addition by subtraction like I said about Graham last year.

We are going to be relying on huge leaps from Savage and Gary into year 3 and big leaps from our rookies this year combined with hopefully some useful picks. Its going to be an interesting offseason for sure. Gutey needs to have an excellent draft class that can help us compete with the 49ers or it will be much of the same next year.

This mindset of being good enough needs to stop from management. You cant just wait until the playoffs and then decide its time to try and push this team over the top. By then its too late.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

If Rodgers wants out of GB trade him to the Texans for Watson.

I was a GB fan before AR and will be when Rodgers is gone.

Yeah, the team &%$@ the bed today. Rodgers played well but isn't blameless in the loss. There is enough blame to go around.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Absolutely underachieved. This could have been a 15-1 regular season and we should be in the SB. The thing we had in common in 3 losses this season was mistake prone football. Mistakes like ST gaffes, bad punts, dropped passes, fumbles... These are things bad teams do. We werent a bad team the majority of the year but in our losses we played like bad teams play.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Jan 2021 20:46
go pak go wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Absolutely underachieved. This could have been a 15-1 regular season and we should be in the SB. The thing we had in common in 3 losses this season was mistake prone football. Mistakes like ST gaffes, bad punts, dropped passes, fumbles... These are things bad teams do. We werent a bad team the majority of the year but in our losses we played like bad teams play.
Two of our loses this year to the same damn team was because our OL got manhandled again - just like SF did last year - so we couldn't run the ball and AR got harassed all game long. Linsely, Jenkins and Bak are great but we need a center if Corey goes, perhaps Runyan will be our RT going forward and we need a RG. If we don't fix this we'll get mauled again in 2021.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
24 Jan 2021 20:44
If Rodgers wants out of GB trade him to the Texans for Watson.

I was a GB fan before AR and will be when Rodgers is gone.

Yeah, the team &%$@ the bed today. Rodgers played well but isn't blameless in the loss. There is enough blame to go around.
Trading him to a dysfuntial team would be the &%$@ thing we could do. I expect him to be here next year but if he is destined to go give him a chance.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2021 17:55
Raptorman wrote:
24 Jan 2021 17:22
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
24 Jan 2021 17:11
All that holding and grabbing all game and then that gets called.
Well, he did switch hands holding the jersey. First the right hand then the left. Pretty obivous.
Then that needs to be called all game. It wasn't.
He was holding and slowing him down when the pass was in the air. It wouldn't have mattered, holding or pass interference, it was 1st down no matter what.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

JKB wrote:
24 Jan 2021 17:49
Raptorman wrote:
24 Jan 2021 17:48
Shouldn't have kicked the FG. If you don't make it on 4th, you have 3 timeouts and the Bucs pinned on the 8 yards line. Instead, you kick off and give it to them on the 30.
Agreed, sure hindsite but I would never bet agaisnt Brady getting a first down
Here's the thing. If you can't stop them from the 8, what makes you think you can stop them after the FG and the kickoff?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

3 series in a row end in INTs for the Bucs and we scored a grand total of 6 points.

They scored 14 points off our 2 turnovers.

Don't chase points. Had we kicked the XP instead, we would have been down 7 at the end instead of 8 and definitely going for it. The FG instead of going for it, I understand, but don't like it. Rodgers should have run it on 3rd and it would have been 4th and 1-3 yards at the worst.

Redzone targets today:
Lazard - 0-1
Adams - 3-8, 20 yards, TD
Tonyan - 1-1, TD

1 was thrown away.

Play within the damn offense and stop looking in on 1 guy even if it is Adams.

Kevin King was atrocious in coverage all game, but good at tackling...

We beat them in ToP by 9 minutes and 14 seconds.
We beat them in total yards by 30 yards.
They had 3 turnovers, we had 2.

So frustrating that we lost that game. We were more than capable of winning that and outside of Alexander, Valdes-Scantling, and Clark, the team as a whole didn't put up their best performances.

By far not the most frustrating NFCCG loss, but should have had this.

I am not going to doom and gloom in January. 2021 will be another year, we have a good base of talent and aren't losing too much. Rodgers will be back. He isn't retiring and we can't cur or trade him. Sign Linsley and we are looking for a CB, ILB and RT.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
24 Jan 2021 21:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2021 17:55
Raptorman wrote:
24 Jan 2021 17:22

Well, he did switch hands holding the jersey. First the right hand then the left. Pretty obivous.
Then that needs to be called all game. It wasn't.
He was holding and slowing him down when the pass was in the air. It wouldn't have mattered, holding or pass interference, it was 1st down no matter what.
AGAIN, it needed to be called all game long then, instead of only on a critical play with under 2 minutes left. That was &%$@.

"“I think it was a bad call,” Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said in his postgame press conference. “I think there were a few opportunities for some plays down the field for us that weren’t called. Just surprised that call in that situation was made. You know we get the ball back with probably 1:35 and a timeout with a chance to win the game and go to the Super Bowl. It didn’t look like it was even catchable. So, yeah, that was a bad call.”"
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."