Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 08:55
Yoop wrote:
25 Jan 2021 08:49
go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 08:24

There were two drops. One by the best WR in football. The other by a 4th string WR. If you can name me any other mistakes by this WR group other than those two plays outside of Adams, because I already pointed out yesterday he was a major star who let us down...I will concede.

But I'm not listening to general statements of WRs not getting open and being an overall incompetent group because overall they were not that yesterday. They were fine enough. I don't really care about the Oline either. We had our All Pro LT out against a good front. They didn't play good but they didn't play terrible either considering the circumstances.

I am upset though on not handing the ball off to Dillon on any of the drives after the Alexander picks. We ran fantastic on the scoring drive prior and then 6 straight drop backs and 2 punts with no first downs.

If there was one common theme with the 2020 Packers as far as failure is concerned...it is the offense stalling in the 3rd quarter when they needed a drive.
2 drops, thats probably average, to bad 1 was for a TD, didn't say there was a problem with the receivers except that they couldn't get open fast enough to beat the pass rush, if you only have one receiver that demands doubles, then someone else has to get open, that you deny this obvious issue tells me all you want to do is look at any other reason for this loose.

for crip sakes look how good this offense was with Ervin, and how everything got harder once he was injured, to think the rest of the receiver situation was fine because we could beat up on weaker teams was a distraction from reality, same with this OL, up against tough front 7's it folds, now your going to complain that we didn't run Dillon enough, the problem with the run, well besides being a couple score down was that the run didn't move the chains when we weren't 2 scores down.
What games were we clearly better on offense with swerv in the lineup compared to when he was out? Our offense was plenty fine after the Jaguars game with swerve not in the lineup.

What we are arguing is Davante Adams not making the play when the play was there plus Q dropping the ball. Those are the only real demerits by the WR corps yesterday. MVS had a hell of a day as your complimentary weapon outside Adams. Which again leads to me to my point yesterday. Our stars outside of Jaire and Clark let us down yesterday. I would probably put Rodgers in that group as well. Overall he played a pretty damned good game but not enough to put us over the top.

But Adams left points on the board. King allowed 14 points on the board. Savage allowed 7. Those stars let us down.
you just refuse to deal with the fact that Lazard, MVS, Q, and Taylor are slow off the line, long stride type receivers, there aint a slot type receiver in the bunch, that cause the OL to have to block longer to give those receivers time to separate and thats if there ever able to do so.

we where better in every game Ervin played, Austin was never able to garner respect from a defense, and unless your motion man is able to do that, then pre snap motion doesn't have it's desired affect which is to freeze the defense for a split second and give the receivers that time to help beat the press, either your purposely being obtuse concerning this, or you simply neglect it's value through outright ignorance.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jan 2021 09:30
you just refuse to deal with the fact that Lazard, MVS, Q, and Taylor are slow off the line, long stride type receivers, there aint a slot type receiver in the bunch, that cause the OL to have to block longer to give those receivers time to separate and thats if there ever able to do so.

we where better in every game Ervin played, Austin was never able to garner respect from a defense, and unless your motion man is able to do that, then pre snap motion doesn't have it's desired affect which is to freeze the defense for a split second and give the receivers that time to help beat the press, either your purposely being obtuse concerning this, or you simply neglect it's value through outright ignorance.
Yoop. I get having more better players makes you better. Just like I get having more money makes you richer. It's not hard to concede to that.

But football organizations also have fixed resources and fixed decisions. There wasn't a WR on the board on draft day that would have helped us. Only Higgins was available and he is the same type of WR we already have.

But having all said that, all NFL teams have strengths and weaknesses. Our offense and WR this year was not a weakness. You don't put up those kind of points and production when it's a weakness. We also got tremendous production from our WR group outside of Adams with the play of MVS yesterday. He did it not only on the long TD but he also did it on shorter routes.

No our roster was plenty fine enough to win it all this year. At some point you have to trust your players to just make the plays. You have to trust trust Kevin King doesn't get smoked 4 times. You have to trust that Davante Adams catches a ball he always catches. You have to trust Aaron Jones doesn't put it on the ground twice when he normally doesn't fumble. You have to trust Rodgers doesn't throw an interception when he normally doesn't throw interceptions. You have to trust Darnell Savage plays like a safety and doesn't allow the ball to be caught on his responsibility.

I know we love to obsess ourselves in making this "perfect" roster so we are ensured of not feeling pain in January but the roster we had this year was about as close as you're gonna get to that. At some point you just have to trust your players or else you will always for the life of you be mad at your GM. Sometimes...sometimes it's the player's fault when they just didn't make the play when the play was there to be made.

I also think Mike Pettine's call to end the half is unforgivable. To not have both safeties back for the long ball is inexcusable.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 09:41
But having all said that, all NFL teams have strengths and weaknesses. Our offense and WR this year was not a weakness. You don't put up those kind of points and production when it's a weakness. We also got tremendous production from our WR group outside of Adams with the play of MVS yesterday. He did it not only on the long TD but he also did it on shorter routes.
you continue to spout this"our receivers where fine crap", after you just watched Rodgers eat the ball, cripes the pick to Lazard was Rodgers throwing to the least best covered receiver, for near 60 minutes you watched Rodgers trying to bide time in the pocket as it collapsed because NO ONE WAS OPEN, our receivers did well when we faced team with average plus pass rush, when Rodgers had another second before he was in trouble so these receivers could get open.

and like I said, if your moving up for Love, then you sure as hell can move up for a receiver, FFS we moved up 10 spots the year prior for a freaking safety, all your doing now is defending Guty, by the way how your boy Gary do yesterday? ( lots of uncalled holding, I'd agree with that) if we are to applaud Guty for all the good decisions and draft picks, then he also gets the blame for the poor ones or questionable decisions to

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jan 2021 09:58
go pak go wrote:
you continue to spout this"our receivers where fine crap", after you just watched Rodgers eat the ball, cripes the pick to Lazard was Rodgers throwing to the least best covered receiver, for near 60 minutes you watched Rodgers trying to bide time in the pocket as it collapsed because NO ONE WAS OPEN, our receivers did well when we faced team with average plus pass rush, when Rodgers had another second before he was in trouble so these receivers could get open.

and like I said, if your moving up for Love, then you sure as hell can move up for a receiver, FFS we moved up 10 spots the year prior for a freaking safety, all your doing now is defending Guty, by the way how your boy Gary do yesterday? ( lots of uncalled holding, I'd agree with that) if we are to applaud Guty for all the good decisions and draft picks, then he also gets the blame for the poor ones or questionable decisions to
FIRE GUTE :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 10:12
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

FIRE GUTE :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:
you and 23 are the two that want to fire people, when have I said the answer is to fire anyone?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 10:30
Dude brings this up more than anyone else now. Let it go $%&#.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 08:58
Scott4Pack wrote:
25 Jan 2021 08:48
I agree with the general concepts of what you are saying. But I disagree that the better team lost. The Bucs were the better team yesterday. Maybe they aren't on most days, but they were yesterday and that's what gets them to the Dance.

They played with more speed and aggressiveness on defense.
They took chances on offense.
They used calculated risks to decide when to take killer shots and many of them worked.
They exploited our times of lack of discipline.

Yeah, the Bucs were definitely better yesterday. We can probably agree that the Pack is better overall, but it wasn't yesterday. That's why they play the game.
They took chances on offense when they were forced to. All three of their big plays were made when it was either 3rd and long or 4th down with no time on the clock and they just connected.

I attribute this to the the Packers beating themselves yesterday. Not the Bucs being the superior team. When you win because your entire production literally rests on 3 or 4 plays....it tells me you weren't the superior team. You just had the football gods smile on you.
I think you don’t give the Bucs enough credit. You do not win a NFCCG by luck. No way and no how.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I thought they might lack the talent before the season, this team had the talent in the end. Especially with the way MVS played in the game. What they lacked is something i call "Championship Mindset". Biggest game of many of their careers, and the lights appeared too bright at many moments for many players, and even the coach.

The better "team" may not have won, but the team that knew how to finish the job won. This loss wasnt a talent issue, it was people acting like bone heads in a big spot issue.

I actually feel better about a handful of positions heading into next year than I thought I would. With the tight cap, I wouldnt even look to upgrade ILB. I like Barnes and Martin. They have bright futures.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
25 Jan 2021 11:09
go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
I agree with the general concepts of what you are saying. But I disagree that the better team lost. The Bucs were the better team yesterday. Maybe they aren't on most days, but they were yesterday and that's what gets them to the Dance.

They used calculated risks to decide when to take killer shots and many of them worked.

Yeah, the Bucs were definitely better yesterday. We can probably agree that the Pack is better overall, but it wasn't yesterday. That's why they play the game.
They took chances on offense when they were forced to. All three of their big plays were made when it was either 3rd and long or 4th down with no time on the clock and they just connected.

I attribute this to the the Packers beating themselves yesterday. Not the Bucs being the superior team. When you win because your entire production literally rests on 3 or 4 plays....it tells me you weren't the superior team. You just had the football gods smile on you.
I think you don’t give the Bucs enough credit. You do not win a NFCCG by luck. No way and no how.
Bucs deserve plenty of credit. But I would put this more in the category of the Packers lost it than the Bucs won it. Week 6, the Bucs won it.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

We just watched it yesterday. The Bucs were gifted a game. It happens and we were the gifters.

The Bucs entire offense was 5 plays. Pretty much all of them were desperation shots on 3rd and long that had no business being completed.

2 3rd and long floaters on the first drive our CBs had a shot at but played it wrong.
1 3rd and long to Godwin that Savage failed poorly on and Godwin made an insane catch
1 4th and 3 that Brady beats us on a horrible defensive call that we should have never allowed
1 run that got to the outside for a TD.

Add in two screen passes that went for about 20 yards. And that's honestly it. That was their offense. All of them were pretty much prayers. That's how you have a day where Brady throws 3 picks but still wins. They seriously just had the breaks go their way.

The Packers lost because the Packers lost.
Yoop wrote:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I personally think that with hindsight, knowing how the game went, we needed to spend our 1st round pick on a..... safety. One that would've caught one or two more INTs. Or a CB to replace struggling King. Or an OT. Or an ILB to replace hurting Barnes. WR would've been about the 5th best option.

You are so in love with your own idea, you want so desperately to be right with your favorite theory, that you're choosing to interpret everything through severely tainted glasses. Not Green and Gold glasses, but Yoop -colored glasses. And because of that severe narcissistic bias, you're seeing a completely different game than the rest of us.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I know i said it yesterday, but I am still sick to my stomach about how much I saw Redmond yesterday, and how we signed Tramon to be a cheerleader. Tramon knows the D and he got plenty of snaps just the week before, he was in shape.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 11:04
BF004 wrote:
Lol, no way, it was a joke. He was being funny.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 04:46
salmar80 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 04:18
German_Panzer wrote:
25 Jan 2021 03:51
I could see Rodgers deepthinking his situation. Love/SB/faithfulness will be the key points. It very much depends what he wants his legacy to be and what he thinks MLF & Gute are really up to. There needs to be some honest talk ASAP. If he wants to chase the GOAT and still make 3+ titles he needs to push for NE or 49ers or whatever team he likes. If he wants to be remembered as a faithful Packer he needs to make sure that he can still play 4 years without Love interfering.

If I was in #12's shoes I'd go to better equipped teams and chase titles. The NFL is a mercenary business and we see with Favre how honorless fans/franchises are; they let him have his #4 retired despite treason (= the Vikings move), so not much benefit of staying faithful. I also think that drafting Love at #1 signals Gute/MLF not thinking that Rodgers is able to carry this team for more than 1-2 years (it only matters here what they think, not what is the reality), so his next crisis might see him benched and from there it can go downhill.

So in short: I see a real chance of 30% that Rodgers does not come back.
I think your grass is greener on other teams -thinking is on a whole another level. :messedup: NE and 49ers combined to have as many wins as us in the regular season, both missed the playoffs. The Green Bay Packers LITERALLY gave AR the best shot at getting to the SB this season. He's in a well-working, exciting scheme with a young offensive-minded HC with a phenomenal 28-8 record as HC.

AR will go home and deepthink this for the duration of a whiskey and a cigar, and then he's back to chasing SBs as our QB.

The real discussion will be how we extend/restructure his contract to bring his 2021 cap hit down. We will have some roster turnover, as always, but there are plenty of ways to get cap space to seek reinforcements in an offseason where there may be actual bargains available.
You can’t say they gave Rodgers his best shot when they took a QB with the first pick. You just can’t.

You also can’t get Rodgers to restructure. If I was him I’d tell the team to go to hell and to pay me my money. If they want to get a guy to replace me why should I be looking to help a team that doesn’t have the best interest for my future?
The Packers were the best team in the NFC and Rodgers had an MVP season. This is a team game and he had a hell of a team around him this year. Nothing they could have done in the draft this year would have helped any further. Simply put, the team just didn't play well yesterday.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The interesting thing about the future is Gutey is really stepping out into the deep end now. Teds players are leaving one by one and we are left with Guteys FAs, his nice waiver finds, and his drafts.

We get to really see what kind of job performance the guy has been putting in soon.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

BF004 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 11:29
paco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 11:04
BF004 wrote:
Lol, no way, it was a joke. He was being funny.
I'm sure he's reconciled this in his own head but it still stands that there were countless players and coaches that he robbed of a shot at a championship as a result of his boneheaded decision.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 11:18
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I personally think that with hindsight, knowing how the game went, we needed to spend our 1st round pick on a..... safety. One that would've caught one or two more INTs. Or a CB to replace struggling King. Or an OT. Or an ILB to replace hurting Barnes. WR would've been about the 5th best option.

You are so in love with your own idea, you want so desperately to be right with your favorite theory, that you're choosing to interpret everything through severely tainted glasses. Not Green and Gold glasses, but Yoop -colored glasses. And because of that severe narcissistic bias, you're seeing a completely different game than the rest of us.
I'am right Sal, and everyone with a lick of football IQ agree's with me, a safety, we have two of the best safety's in the league, I'd agree with ILB, KIrksey was a poor replacement for Martinez and we had no idea, (nor did the coaches) just how well of either Martin or Barnes would be.

and spare me your insults, I'am about the only person here that isn't bending over backwards to defend Guty and his pick of Love, for goodness sakes Sal you saw what Erving did for this offense the first 4 or 5 games, why can't you imagine how much better this offense could have been with a better athlete then Irving, severely tainted glasses, now thats funny

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Scott4Pack wrote:
I think it depends on how one defines 'luck'. If your guy beats me guy, not luck. If my guy flubs on his own, you're lucky that's the guy who was involved. If you confine lucky to only those instances that nobody could have anticipated, ala lightning striking a perfectly thrown pass, you're probably right. :)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Half Empty wrote:
25 Jan 2021 12:29
Scott4Pack wrote:
I think it depends on how one defines 'luck'. If your guy beats me guy, not luck. If my guy flubs on his own, you're lucky that's the guy who was involved. If you confine lucky to only those instances that nobody could have anticipated, ala lightning striking a perfectly thrown pass, you're probably right. :)
Let me just say this.

If the Packers won yesterday the way the Bucs did....I don't think many here would feel all that great about the win. I know I wouldn't and would probably get heckled for saying I wasn't comfortable with the win. But 2 turnovers when one was forced due to a penalty. Plus 4 bail out throws that work and 3 other bail out throws that end up INTs....wouldn't make me feel too good about our SB chances. And you know there would be b*tching about WRs not getting open and needing to rely on Rodgers etc.

I think many on this board would have called it "win ugly" or any other method pertaining to that.
Yoop wrote: