The call was for Cover 1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

The call was for Cover 1

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

End of the half TD.

The call was for man with a single high S. ML confirmed it during his presser; he publicly questioned the call.

P has to be fired.

Yes, King is a moron. But it is the responsibility of the Def C to not allow stuff like this. We should have had 6 DBs on the field with two S covering half the field each.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
25 Jan 2021 09:21
End of the half TD.

The call was for man with a single high S. ML confirmed it during his presser; he publicly questioned the call.

P has to be fired.

Yes, King is a moron. But it is the responsibility of the Def C to not allow stuff like this. We should have had 6 DBs on the field with two S covering half the field each.
ML was noticeably upset at that in the presser. Obviously King could have done way better. But the call was awful. Is it enough to get him canned? I'm sure we'll see in the coming days.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 09:23
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
End of the half TD.

P has to be fired.

ML was noticeably upset at that in the presser. Obviously King could have done way better. But the call was awful. Is it enough to get him canned? I'm sure we'll see in the coming days.
I think he needs to be fired.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 09:42
paco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 09:23
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
End of the half TD.

P has to be fired.

I think he needs to be fired.
No argument here. But does LaFleur think that?
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I would say unbelievable, but it's not. &%$@ call and &%$@ play.

When the head coach is publicly calling out the DC, it's over for the DC.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 09:58

Lafluer didn't call out Pettine, and NO ONE HERE knows that it was a called play, could be that Amos, Savage, say something that caused em to pinch up

not to defend Pettine, but unless your the one with a green dot then how can anyone know what the play call was.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jan 2021 10:05
Pckfn23 wrote:

Lafluer didn't call out Pettine, and NO ONE HERE knows that it was a called play, could be that Amos, Savage, say something that caused em to pinch up

not to defend Pettine, but unless your the one with a green dot then how can anyone know what the play call was.
LaFleur called him out in the presser and confirmed that the call was Cover 1.

We know.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Well when the head coach calls it out in the post game presser it's a pretty big we know what the call was.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

3:15, $%@# watch it...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 10:14

You can't possibly know that he meant what he said.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 10:19
Pckfn23 wrote:

Nah, going to be some &%$@ excuse about why it can't be watched.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Quite frankly, I don't care what the defensive call was. A CB NEVER lets a receiver get past them in this type of situation. NEVER!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Lafluer said it was the wrong call, he didn't say Pettine called it, (though he probably did) as I said (without rewatching the play) the safety could have seen something, or whomever was wearing the green dot could have screwed up the call, and Lafluer said this under the stress of just losing a heart breaking game, I get it, you want Pettine fired, we all do, but this issue isn't the deciding factor for me.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Didn't follow much of the sniping, but if we're going to start with not believing what they say publicly, we can eliminate a whole lot of posts.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
25 Jan 2021 10:42
Quite frankly, I don't care what the defensive call was. A CB NEVER lets a receiver get past them in this type of situation. NEVER!
King has played terrible lately, I agree in that if your going to play him in man, then you better give him over the top support, he was beaten in man the first series of the game too.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jan 2021 10:45
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Lafluer said it was the wrong call, he didn't say Pettine called it, (though he probably did) as I said (without rewatching the play) the safety could have seen something, or whomever was wearing the green dot could have screwed up the call, and Lafluer said this under the stress of just losing a heart breaking game, I get it, you want Pettine fired, we all do, but this issue isn't the deciding factor for me.
This one play wasn't the deciding factor for me either. But the fact that Pettine was never MLF's guy and the fact this defense has regressed really each year (maybe not last year) even though the talent got better makes me believe we need to move on and get Matt's guy.

We saw this year on the offensive side how important scheme and system matters. This defense had too much talent this year to not be a dominating unit and I fear throwing more player resources at it like we did 2011 - 2017 with no results will happen again.

But man. The ONE thing we couldn't let happen....happened. And it cost us a :lombardi:
Yoop wrote:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

MLF said so, unless you are suggesting he doesn't know either.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

LaFleur $%@# said it was the call!!!! FFS!!!!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

The fact utterly clueless S Will Redmond was the lone deep COVER-1 safety was diarrhea topping on a poop cake of a play. What he was doing as last line of defense instead of, for example, our fast starting safety Darnell Savage, I'll never understand. Getting to the sideline in time would've been tough even for Savage, but he might have had a chance.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 10:53
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

This one play wasn't the deciding factor for me either. But the fact that Pettine was never MLF's guy and the fact this defense has regressed really each year (maybe not last year) even though the talent got better makes me believe we need to move on and get Matt's guy.

We saw this year on the offensive side how important scheme and system matters. This defense had too much talent this year to not be a dominating unit and I fear throwing more player resources at it like we did 2011 - 2017 with no results will happen again.

But man. The ONE thing we couldn't let happen....happened. And it cost us a :lombardi:
I agree, and I've defended Pettine as much as anyone, I think I'am right ( I'am rarely ever wrong, if ya don't believe me just ask Jim T. :lol: Trudge wheres your Papa? ) about the lack of training camp, and the lack of experience at ILB, and how a defense needs that stuff to excel, I know having a few great players can sorta mask a weak position or two, but only against average offenses, against the better QB's and offensive impact players those positions are exploited, minus a steller pass rush Brady exploited King and our interior coverage, almost at will, almost every time the Bucs had the ball, and Pettine has to be held accountable for most of it.