Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jan 2021 15:17
go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 14:31
Pugger wrote:
25 Jan 2021 14:24

Yoop does have a point of not having a slot guy. How come we stopped using Austin as a slot/motion guy? Is he not as good as Tyler Irvin?
The thing about that argument is literally it could be, "if we had a better "X"...outside of DT1, CB1 or QB1....we would have won the game!

Not having a prototypical slot WR yesterday was not the reason for the loss. Not when there are 5 or 6 plays that were there for the making and we just didn't make them.
ya know what, I bet if you went back and watched this offense the first quarter of the season with Ervin playing the pre snap motion slot WR you would realize not having him has changed this offense, without him it probably wiped a doz plays right out of the play book.

so when you say it's not the reason we lost, I'd ask how could you know that? my point is his ability to sell that motion freezes DB's and lbers and helps almost every facet of the offense, blocking gets a advantage, receivers get a advantage, when you add it in to everything a defender has to think about it's one more obstical for them to deal with, and we only lost by 5 points, we absolutely could use more chain movers, Lafluers schemes are designed to take advantage of RO, but ya need players that fit those job requirements, heres a list of ours------------------------------------------
So what are you proposing here. You saying that the Packers failed by not having two Swerv types during the offsesaon and if we did we would be going to Tampa because the other could fill in for Swerv?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Pugger wrote:
25 Jan 2021 07:51
lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 01:00
texas wrote:
24 Jan 2021 23:46
Also it was painfully obvious what the GOAT thought of our roster. He repeatedly targeted Chandon Sullivan and Kevin King so that tells us that they are the weak spots.
You cant expect him to target Jaire. So hes gonna go at the other guys. I thought Chadon did ok. I havent seen a Packers CB be that bad since Ahmad Carroll. Somehow King outsucked Dumbarious.
You gotta laugh or else you cry. :lol: :cry:
I hear ya Pugger. It’s not like you just found out you’re allergic to cheese.
:hide:
GO PACK GO!!!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 15:20
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 14:31

The thing about that argument is literally it could be, "if we had a better "X"...outside of DT1, CB1 or QB1....we would have won the game!

Not having a prototypical slot WR yesterday was not the reason for the loss. Not when there are 5 or 6 plays that were there for the making and we just didn't make them.
ya know what, I bet if you went back and watched this offense the first quarter of the season with Ervin playing the pre snap motion slot WR you would realize not having him has changed this offense, without him it probably wiped a doz plays right out of the play book.

so when you say it's not the reason we lost, I'd ask how could you know that? my point is his ability to sell that motion freezes DB's and lbers and helps almost every facet of the offense, blocking gets a advantage, receivers get a advantage, when you add it in to everything a defender has to think about it's one more obstical for them to deal with, and we only lost by 5 points, we absolutely could use more chain movers, Lafluers schemes are designed to take advantage of RO, but ya need players that fit those job requirements, heres a list of ours------------------------------------------
So what are you proposing here. You saying that the Packers failed by not having two Swerv types during the offsesaon and if we did we would be going to Tampa because the other could fill in for Swerv?

ahhhh, well, I guess so, hell most of us didn't expect Ervin to be as good as he was, it's why many of us prior to the draft felt WR was a need, and most of us felt a slot guy would help this offense the most, least I did, it's why I wanted Jefferson, who along with a half doz or so almost as good according to draft reports receivers scattered through out that class could have helped with these uptempo schemes MLF has installed, in that sense having 2 very good slot receivers should be a goal.

you know it's rarely ONE thing, it's the cumulative affect that ONE thing can do for other things, it's why teams that do a lot of pre snap motion have such a advantage right from the get go over a defense, they can't set up, they have to honor that motion, however if that motion guy is always a decoy, or never has success with the ball in his hands ( ala Austin) then that motion has far less affect, lis, go back and watch games prior to Ervins first injury ( or is it the same injury) it's a night and day difference, defenses had to respect Ervins quickness, with Austin there didn't seem to be any gas left in the tank

now I can't say if a healthy swerv would have taken us to Tampa in 2 wks, what I'am saying is I'd liked our chances more.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 15:13
German_Panzer wrote:
25 Jan 2021 13:34
2014 & $%&# was worse because 1) the victory was just out there to grab and 2) our chances in the SB back then would have been better than now against KC. Just my opinion.
We would have clapped KC. Their defense sucks. Their offense sure is good but I thought we had would make enough plays with our secondary to beat them. I thought we matched up very well against the Chiefs. We would have beaten the Pats in 2014. Ultimately both games came down to boneheaded calls, not playing 2 deep before half, recognizing a fake FG was a possibility, and two just terrible players in $%&# and King.
It’s like a we forgot we have championship pedigree, so we don’t make championship plays when it’s do or die. Year after year.

When we face adversity, we tighten up and don’t look loose or confident.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

One of the worst coached games I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe ever.

Going for 2 early

The defensive call at the end of the half...and yes King has to go. Not all his fault but he doesn’t do any one thing well.

Not going for it at the end of the game is mind boggling to me. The Packers had to score a TD. Everything else is academic until you get a TD. The Packers had a chance and if it failed then you hope the defense can hold Brady to get another chance. You don’t kick a FG.

The 2 point conversion is a different story. Because first you have to get a TD. You have to get a TD!!! LaFluer threw one of those chances (possibly the only chance) away. As it turned out he did blow his only chance to get the TD. He choked. Totally screwed the pooch.

You have a HOF QB and the MVP of the league who has won games late in the 4th quarter on 4th downs numerous times in the past. WTF!

A peewee coach would made better decisions.

I also had high hopes after watching LaFleur’s game plan against the Rams. But def cord Todd Bowls totally out coached LaFleur.

The Packers had a great team. The coaching staff let them down.
Love is the answer…

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
25 Jan 2021 14:26
Drj820 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 11:25
I know i said it yesterday, but I am still sick to my stomach about how much I saw Redmond yesterday, and how we signed Tramon to be a cheerleader. Tramon knows the D and he got plenty of snaps just the week before, he was in shape.
But how fast is he at his advanced age?
What he may lack in speed compared to redmon, he more than makes up for it in technique, experience, and smarts.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jan 2021 15:46
go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 15:20
Yoop wrote:

ahhhh, well, I guess so, hell most of us didn't expect Ervin to be as good as he was, it's why many of us prior to the draft felt WR was a need, and most of us felt a slot guy would help this offense the most, least I did, it's why I wanted Jefferson, who along with a half doz or so almost as good according to draft reports receivers scattered through out that class could have helped with these uptempo schemes MLF has installed, in that sense having 2 very good slot receivers should be a goal.

you know it's rarely ONE thing, it's the cumulative affect that ONE thing can do for other things, it's why teams that do a lot of pre snap motion have such a advantage right from the get go over a defense, they can't set up, they have to honor that motion, however if that motion guy is always a decoy, or never has success with the ball in his hands ( ala Austin) then that motion has far less affect, lis, go back and watch games prior to Ervins first injury ( or is it the same injury) it's a night and day difference, defenses had to respect Ervins quickness, with Austin there didn't seem to be any gas left in the tank

now I can't say if a healthy swerv would have taken us to Tampa in 2 wks, what I'am saying is I'd liked our chances more.
What I'm confused about though is for you it is literally ONE thing. It's been ONE thing since February. Or at least that is literally the only ONE thing you are ever willing to discuss.

Would I like my chances if we had a really good slot receiver more? Absolutely! Like I said. More better players usually make you better. Just like having more assets and money usually makes you more wealthy.

But the whole slot WR thing is a discussion for this upcoming draft. Which I know we all love the Florida kid.

BUT. Yesterday the thing that REALLY would have helped us. The thing we KNOW would have helped us was if Savage played a better ball. Redmond catches a floater INT. King times his jump better. Adams catches the ball in the EZ, Pettine doesn't leave King alone with their speedster or the Refs don't call an inconsistent call at the worst moment.

So when your only talking point is lack of WR talent, it comes across that our GM screwed this organization and it would have been a guaranteed SB if we just traded up for Auyick or Reagor. OR. Kevin King/Will Redmond/ D Adams just catches the ball.

Seems to me using a large macro/philosophical theory of the game of football is unnecessary when we just needed 1 of 6 plays to go our way.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

[quote=Foosball post_id=37209 time=1611611338 user_id=111]
One of the worst coached games I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe ever.

Going for 2 early

The defensive call at the end of the half...and yes King has to go. Not all his fault but he doesn’t do any one thing well.

Not going for it at the end of the game is mind boggling to me. The Packers had to score a TD. Everything else is academic until you get a TD. The Packers had a chance and if it failed then you hope the defense can hold Brady to get another chance. You don’t kick a FG.

The 2 point conversion is a different story. Because first you have to get a TD. You have to get a TD!!! LaFluer threw one of those chances (possibly the only chance) away. As it turned out he did blow his only chance to get the TD. He choked. Totally screwed the pooch.

You have a HOF QB and the MVP of the league who has won games late in the 4th quarter on 4th downs numerous times in the past. WTF!

A peewee coach would made better decisions.

I also had high hopes after watching LaFleur’s game plan against the Rams. But def cord Todd Bowls totally out coached LaFleur.

The Packers had a great team. The coaching staff let them down.
[/quote

Lafluer will learn from this, as to the FG versus going for the first and a TD, we needed two scores and the FG preserved some clock time, I didn't hear his explanation, what bothered me more was not doing a on side kick to try and get the ball back, instead Brady and the Buc's where able to get a 1st down and run out the clock.

Lafluer is humble, I think Lafluer is one of the best things to happen for this team in years.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

DAFUQ!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The more I watch replays and see different angles on that 3rd and goal, the more I see a huge missed opportunity. That was it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 16:30

DAFUQ!
The Smiths were a bit of a disappointment this year. Z had a good year stat-wise but those performances of just taking over the game were not there for some reason. Last year's dominance wasn't anywhere to be found.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 16:45
The more I watch replays and see different angles on that 3rd and goal, the more I see a huge missed opportunity. That was it.
Oh yeah.

Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Way over the top and I hate Cowherd as much as the next guy, but some truth here.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 16:58
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 16:45
Oh yeah.

I think I posted this another thread, and if not, I've posted it many times over the past several years, but: Rodgers really needs to scramble more in the playoffs because QBs who can do that tend to win more. I don't know if it's the threat of running that causes the defenses to use more time trying to defend that (or in preparation), or if it's the fact that situations like this end up better in terms of results over the course of playoff games, or what, but if he's not running once every 10 plays, it's too little.

Before the run of Brady/Manning SBs in the mid to late 2010s, there had been like 1 QB over the age of 30 or something like that in the previous 20 years who won. Or it might have been 2 or even 3, or age 32 or something. But the point is, in the playoffs, QBs who can run, win. And it's not Lamar/RG3/Vick style QBs- it's QBs who are predominantly pocket passers who also have a tendency to make plays with their legs.

And this play captures that perfectly. Also would likely have made a difference on other plays too. And even if he doesn't get in, then we're looking at short yardage instead of 8.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Yeah maybe JPP gets him but doubt it. Should have ran. Rodgers gets paid to make the big plays, you can’t not score a TD from 1st and goal at the 8 and combined Rodgers/LaFluer fail having two drives that gain -5 and 0 yards after Brady interceptions with a chance to take the lead.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

BF004 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 10:30

"Hello, 911 -?? I'm calling to report a murder..."

... I'm not even one of those people who are like "Screw you, Brandon $%&#!!" and legit feel for the guy, but yeah dude, really need to sit this one out...
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Wait, you've censored his name? LMAO!
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

lake shark wrote:
25 Jan 2021 17:56
Yeah maybe JPP gets him but doubt it. Should have ran. Rodgers gets paid to make the big plays, you can’t not score a TD from 1st and goal at the 8 and combined Rodgers/LaFluer fail having two drives that gain -5 and 0 yards after Brady interceptions with a chance to take the lead.
Yeah I mean rewatching that you tuck it and run and do your best John Elway impression fighting for the endzone. Thats absolutely on Rodgers. Adams gets yanked on by the LB on his break. Maybe Rodgers trying to force a call there.
Last edited by lupedafiasco on 25 Jan 2021 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 17:01

Way over the top and I hate Cowherd as much as the next guy, but some truth here.
The only thing true about it was that Rodgers would take the most heat of the 4 QBs if he lost. Sure enough everyone is blaming Rodgers despite the offensive line getting dominated and the Bucs being allowed to just yank our receivers all over the field.

Honest to God that was a masterful performance by Rodgers who did everything he could to lead that team back from an epic collapse and for whatever reason you still hate him. You will praise the ever living &%$@ out of Billy Turner bum ass but if Rodgers doesnt have a passer rating of 158.4 you think he sucks.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
25 Jan 2021 19:22
BF004 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 10:30

"Hello, 911 -?? I'm calling to report a murder..."

... I'm not even one of those people who are like "Screw you, Brandon $%&#!!" and legit feel for the guy, but yeah dude, really need to sit this one out...
WOW! Lang throwing serious shade! Ya, I don't HATE $%&#, but Lang is right...