Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 20:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 17:01

Way over the top and I hate Cowherd as much as the next guy, but some truth here.
The only thing true about it was that Rodgers would take the most heat of the 4 QBs if he lost. Sure enough everyone is blaming Rodgers despite the offensive line getting dominated and the Bucs being allowed to just yank our receivers all over the field.

Honest to God that was a masterful performance by Rodgers who did everything he could to lead that team back from an epic collapse and for whatever reason you still hate him. You will praise the ever living &%$@ out of Billy Turner bum ass but if Rodgers doesnt have a passer rating of 158.4 you think he sucks.
It was good, not masterful, and not good enough. Rodgers definitely does not deserve all of the blame, but definitely some of it. He was not good enough to win that game. Others weren't good enough to win it either. Rodgers and the Packers haven't been good enough to win 4 out of 5 of those games. He left points on the field yesterday.

There are many things that Cowherd said that are 100% the truth. When someone speaks hard truths about someone you worship, it's difficult to hear, but it doesn't make them any less true.

I think you need to step away from the hyperbole and take an honest look at what is happening. There is some huge mischaracterization of what is being said AND some pretty big hero worship going on. Rodgers can be good, but flawed at the same time.

Rodgers shares some of the blame for the loss. Some, not all.

A god wins that game.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 25 Jan 2021 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Others that screwed the pooch:
Adams dropped a gimme
Turner and Wagner had rough days
Redmond sucks at angles and drops the gimme INT
Kevin sucked in all but tackling
Amos completely giving up his responsibility and letting Brate be wide open
Pettine for calling Cover 1 before the half and not opening up the pass rush from the get go
LeFleur for chasing points and getting away from what the offense does best
Sullivan for getting beat like a drum in the first half
Z. Smith for disappearing
Crosby/Menenga for not kicking it out of the EZ
EQ for the drop
Jones for the fumbles

It was a team Jekyll and Hyde performance. In the end too many mistakes on our end that Tampa capitalized on and we didn't capitalize on enough of theirs.

A few guys that played well:
Marques Valdes-Scantling
Jaire Alexander
Kenny Clark
Corey Linsley
Lucas Patrick
Elgton Jenkins
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 20:49
lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 20:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 17:01

Way over the top and I hate Cowherd as much as the next guy, but some truth here.
The only thing true about it was that Rodgers would take the most heat of the 4 QBs if he lost. Sure enough everyone is blaming Rodgers despite the offensive line getting dominated and the Bucs being allowed to just yank our receivers all over the field.

Honest to God that was a masterful performance by Rodgers who did everything he could to lead that team back from an epic collapse and for whatever reason you still hate him. You will praise the ever living &%$@ out of Billy Turner bum ass but if Rodgers doesnt have a passer rating of 158.4 you think he sucks.
It was good, not masterful, and not good enough. Rodgers definitely does not deserve all of the blame, but 100% some of it. He was not good enough to win that game. He hasn't been good enough to win 4 out of 5 of those games. He and he alone left points on the board.

There are many things that Cowherd said that are 100% the truth. When someone speaks hard truths about someone you worship, it's difficult to hear, but it doesn't make them any less true.

I think you need to step away from the hyperbole and take an honest look at what is happening. There is some huge mischaracterization of what is being said AND some pretty big hero worship going on.

Rodgers shares some of the blame for the loss, some, not all.

A god wins that game.
Dude... The line was awful yesterday. Atrocious. You wont admit to it because it goes against your narrative that Turner is good. Lord knows why that goes through your head. I dont know what you wanted from Rodgers. I really dont. Several times Rodgers made the right decisions but his guys let him down. ESB drops 2 pt conv. Adams drops TD. Adams doesnt drag feet on TD. Bucs holding left and right not being called. Jones fumbling setting up the Bucs for a score.

He goes against the Chickens and they in position to win. He did everything he needed to against one of the best defenses. He threw one back pick. The other was another should have been flag for offsides but of course playoff refs. Bradon Bumstick jacks that all up. That team was in position to win and then when theyre down 3 with 40 seconds to go he gets them in position to tie the game are you $%@# stupid?

2016 that team was decimated with injuries. Nelson out with broken ribs. Adams banged up with an injured ankle. Ty $%@# Montgomery was the damn running back. The defense was terrible. Rodgers could have played a perfect game and that team still loses. Just beating the Cowboys the week before with barely any help was masterful. Again you sound stupid.

2019 they were completely outmatched. The defense couldnt stop the run. Our Oline was mauled. That was a superior team playing an inferior one and on top of that they matched up incredibly well. We could have played them 100 times and the outcome would have been the exact same.

I have my suspicions why you hate Rodgers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 21:05
Dude... The line was awful yesterday. Atrocious. You wont admit to it because it goes against your narrative that Turner is good. Lord knows why that goes through your head.
Ya, you might want to stop typing and read. Maybe just look 1 post above yours. Like I said mischaracterization due to all the hyperbole.
I dont know what you wanted from Rodgers. I really dont.
Then you didn't honestly watch the game. You are letting your hero worship get in the way of an honest assessment. I want Rodgers to NOT be hyper focused on Adams in the end zone to the detriment of our offense. I want Rodgers to run on 3rd and goal instead of being hyper focused on Adams. I want Rodgers to toss it to a wide open Lazard in the end zone instead of being hyper focused on Adams. I want him to ACTUALLY throw it to a WIDE OPEN Adams on a free play. I want him to not throw to a covered Lazard that ends in an INT. I want him to not hold the ball when the Bucs are being very aggressive in their pass rush, leading to 2 straight 3 and outs on 2 straight Brady INTs. I want him to be the god you believe him to be.
I have my suspicions why you hate Rodgers.
I don't. I am simply objective in evaluating him instead of boy crushing on a 37 year old man.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

A Tale of 4 quarters:
1st quarter - 6 for 6, 59 yards
2nd quarter - 8 for 13, 110 yards a TD and an INT
3rd quarter - 15 for 18, 123 yards and 2 TDs
4th quarter - 4 for 11, 54 yards

Worst quarter by far, 4th quarter...

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I want Rodgers to run on 3rd and goal instead of being hyper focused on Adams.
He probably should have ran. Also probably should have been a hold on Adams when the LB grabbed him.
I want Rodgers to toss it to a wide open Lazard in the end zone instead of being hyper focused on Adams.
Adams won his route. He needed to drag his feet. The best WR in the league needs to do that. Or I dont know maybe catch it on first down. It was 3rd down and you go to your guy there. Sure Lazard was open. So was Adams.
I want him to ACTUALLY throw it to a WIDE OPEN Adams on a free play.
Agreed. Again you want a 158.4 passer rating. You do not hold the front office to the same standard as you hold Rodgers. This team needs to be better.
I want him to not throw to a covered Lazard that ends in an INT.
...Youre joking right? Because Lazard was open and then got held so the CB could catch up and sling shot himself forward.
I want him to not hold the ball when the Bucs are being very aggressive in their pass rush, leading to 2 straight 3 and outs on 2 straight Brady INTs.
Its almost like they were pressing our receivers, doubling Adams because our other guys were struggling to get open, and our tackles were bad or something. Weird... Its almost like they had 23 pressures or something because of poor blocking. Couldnt have been the offensive lines fault though.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 21:34
I want Rodgers to toss it to a wide open Lazard in the end zone instead of being hyper focused on Adams.
Adams won his route. He needed to drag his feet. The best WR in the league needs to do that. Or I dont know maybe catch it on first down. It was 3rd down and you go to your guy there. Sure Lazard was open. So was Adams.
How about throw to the WIDE open guy sitting down on the goal line instead of throw high and behind the guy in the back of the end zone so he can't get his feet down.
I want him to not throw to a covered Lazard that ends in an INT.
...Youre joking right? Because Lazard was open and then got held so the CB could catch up and sling shot himself forward.
Lazard was still covered regardless of the hold and even before the hold. Not a good decision.
I want him to not hold the ball when the Bucs are being very aggressive in their pass rush, leading to 2 straight 3 and outs on 2 straight Brady INTs.
Its almost like they were pressing our receivers, doubling Adams because our other guys were struggling to get open, and our tackles were bad or something. Weird... Its almost like they had 23 pressures or something because of poor blocking. Couldnt have been the offensive lines fault though.
Wagner and Turner without a doubt shoulder some blame. Rodgers also folded on those 2 drives trying to take the lead on 1 play instead of playing within the offense that had gone on 2 TD drives just prior that totaled 21 plays and 143 yards. The subsequent 2 drives... 6 plays, -5 yards.

A god should have been better.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

FFS his receivers dropped 18 points yet Rodgers is blamed because he could have, should have scored 6 with his feet (debatable) and hit a open receiver under duraess from the pass rush which was in his face on nearly every play.

lets trade Rodgers for whatever we can get and start Love next fall, whats obvious, and has been for a few years now, is that you and several others here will blame Rodgers for every loss no mater how well he plays, and as Lupe said, you'll defend the play of every other offensive player.
Last edited by Yoop on 26 Jan 2021 04:44, edited 1 time in total.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Everyone just talks about missed opportunites and that we could/should have won but Tampa did as much as we not play well overall. How many picks did Brady throw? How many times did their receiver not catch very catchable passes?

If Tampa did play well it would have been a blow-out like just one year ago. Do you see a pattern? We seem to be built for regular season and mediocre opponents - there we thrive - but not for the do-or-die games in January; we lack a**holes like Suh/JPP, we lack charismas like Sherman, we may have too many "nice" guys and too few "streetfighters".

The same vibe with Rodgers: he too often gets scared and disappears when good defenses are in his face (and probably that's the reason why he didn't run it on 3rd & 8, because in the back of his head his angst of Suh/JPP prevented him to do so), maybe he needs to condition himself more to enjoy the pain & gain especially in these type of games, Eli Manning comes to mind who wasn't HOF, but who did thrive exactly in the kind of games where I feel Rodgers trembles a bit.

So maybe we should draft/get more streetfighter-types of guys that may cause problems with their attitude but who can also solve problems thru their attitude?

Some truth in this theories or a long shot?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I don’t think it’s really about having assholes or nice guys. We just don’t have that clutch role player. We have anti clutch role players.

Brady had Malcolm Butler with the huge pick. Eli had Tyreke Hill making the miraculous catch. In 2010 we had Tramon Williams who was an up and coming guys making clutch picks. Steelers that one year had the Santonio Holmes catch.

This team gets Kevin King who PIs and blows coverage before a half. We get Brandon Bumstick blunders. We get Dumbarious Randall thinking we’re in zone when the entire team is in man turning Fitz loose. Micah Hyde can’t catch an easy pick six to beat the 9ers.

The single player blunders by this team is crazy. Every year there’s a new player who’s mission is to $%@# us in the clutch during the playoffs.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

German_Panzer wrote:
26 Jan 2021 03:04
Everyone just talks about missed opportunites and that we could/should have won but Tampa did as much as we not play well overall. How many picks did Brady throw? How many times did their receiver not catch very catchable passes?

If Tampa did play well it would have been a blow-out like just one year ago. Do you see a pattern? We seem to be built for regular season and mediocre opponents - there we thrive - but not for the do-or-die games in January; we lack a**holes like Suh/JPP, we lack charismas like Sherman, we may have too many "nice" guys and too few "streetfighters".

The same vibe with Rodgers: he too often gets scared and disappears when good defenses are in his face (and probably that's the reason why he didn't run it on 3rd & 8, because in the back of his head his angst of Suh/JPP prevented him to do so), maybe he needs to condition himself more to enjoy the pain & gain especially in these type of games, Eli Manning comes to mind who wasn't HOF, but who did thrive exactly in the kind of games where I feel Rodgers trembles a bit.

So maybe we should draft/get more streetfighter-types of guys that may cause problems with their attitude but who can also solve problems thru their attitude?

Some truth in this theories or a long shot?
I think Any Given Sunday explains it well enough. We played faaaar from our best, it was an opposite of a mistake-free game. With a performance like vs the Rams, we win....if TB plays the same way. On other hand, Tom Brady has a BAD game (a QB should get big minuses for throwing interceptable balls, even if they're not caught) and his receivers dropped a few. So they also had room to improve.

There is a pattern: One usually tends to lose more to good teams than to bad or mediocre teams. :idea: Such complicated logic. :dunno: ;)

Yoop should jump all over you for implying that AR is soft. Much worse insult, and way more wrong, than pointing out AR only played a very good game, but not a perfect game. AR wasn't soft. He just thought in the split second he had, that he wasn't gonna get there by rushing. And looking at the angles of defenders, he may have been right. The throw had a chance of completing, also a chance at a flag.

The whole idea you "need" thugs is so weird. As if 15-yard penalties and suspensions were a great plus. Jaire blows up screens like a beast, and he's no thug. AJ Dillon carried a bundle of defender for 8 yards. I'd call that a physical play. And he's a nice, polite kid. If he were a thug, same play probably would seem cooler, but it would still be 8 yards. I do think we could use a fast, physical, hard-tackling ILB. But you find one by scouting top ILB talent, not by looking at mug shots.

In an earlier post, I gave Arians credit for making such a ragtag group of ageing mercenaries work. Can't remember when such an approach worked last (anyone?). So I think it's an anomaly more than a system one could copy.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

My thoughts on the game and what some have commented on.

Rodgers may have been able to run on the late 3rd down play. However, in case you haven't noticed, he is nowhere near as fast as he used to be. That is why DL catch him often now. He knows this fact and is much more selective as to when he runs. Given Tampa's team speed, I have my doubts on him making it and he may have too. The discussion I have seen here about getting rid of Rodgers is some of the stupidest crapola I have ever read. Rodgers does make mistakes, but he is one of the best QBs I have ever seen (and I have been around a while). You ride this guy for as long as you can because we probably won't see a QB as talented as him in a very long time. You don't let someone like him get away, period!

Also, the constant talk about Rodgers should have thrown to someone who was open but threw elsewhere, such as with Adams on one play. How the hell does anyone else know what he saw or didn't see. Just because you saw it, usually on replay, doesn't mean he did. You don't have a clue on this, so stop using this narrative.

The OL was horrible throughout the game, especially Turner and Wagner. The running game wasn't doing much except for a few outside runs and the pass protection was atrocious. There were many instances of poor performance on plays by several players during the game, but that is actually pretty normal.

The biggest issue to me was coaching. We've talked about the TD on the last play of the half a lot, as it was an epic fail. Pettine's failure to find a way to constantly put Brady under pressure astounds me. When he was under pressure he constantly threw the ball up for grabs (a terrible performance by Brady IMO). Brady is pretty much a statue now and was given way too much time far too often. Watching KC put relentless pressure on a QB who is very mobile, but made things impossible for him was exactly what the Packers should have done.

MLF also failed miserably. The lack of a running game to take advantage of TB's overpursuit and the lack of consistently using quick passing routes was very poor planning. His going for two so early and thus chasing points was not a real good choice. The mind-numbing decision to kick the FG at the end was the worst decision I have seen by a Packer coach in a long time. He came up small in a very big game. He is young and hopefully he learns from his mistakes. But this might be the best chance he ever has to win a Super Bowl. I remember what life was like after Lombardi left and how difficult it was to face the idea we wouldn't be winning championships all the time anymore.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

My two cents. Rodgers did not play his best game but he wasn't horrible. Not throwing to Adams on the free play was mind boggling to me. The O-line was horrible. I don't think Linsley or Jenkins played that well either. Never got a helmet on White in the run game.

But this one was on the coaches. We did not put our guys in position to succeed. MLF for some reason doesn't think the jet option works against the Bucs but our guys seem to run best out of it. So both games he hardly used it and both times they stuffed us.

The defensive calls in the first half were bad as well. And the one play in particular really was the difference in the game. Both safeties are out for TB and only one pass down the middle. No Tonyan down the seam at all.

They say it's players not plays but this game proved that wrong. It was because of the players we even had a chance to win. Too bad the coaches didn't show up.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

You can tell this loss really hurts.

Everyone here is pissed.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

whats stupid crap Willie is week after week, game after game the same Rodgers haters rush in a rag on Rodgers, and rarely mention the faults of other players that are far worse, such as Turner or Wagner, or Q's 2 point duster, or Adams, or Jones fumbles, etc, nope, instead It's the 37 yr old Rodgers not running it in, as though the several Tampa players watching wouldn't beat him to the EZ, or Rodgers not seeing a open player some where, nah just easier to lay all the blame on Rodgers.

my point was if they hate Rodgers so much maybe they like Love more.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Rodgers had the second highest QB rating of all time this year - behind his 2011 rating.

When people blame Rodgers it's not worth listening because they are just trying to push a narrative.

Would be great to see this team without Rodgers but as a packer fan I prefer to win and want the best QB in football. Sunday put Brady on pack and Rodgers on Bucs - wouldve been blowout

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:01
whats stupid crap Willie is week after week, game after game the same Rodgers haters rush in a rag on Rodgers, and rarely mention the faults of other players that are far worse, such as Turner or Wagner, or Q's 2 point duster, or Adams, or Jones fumbles, etc, nope, instead It's the 37 yr old Rodgers not running it in, as though the several Tampa players watching wouldn't beat him to the EZ, or Rodgers not seeing a open player some where, nah just easier to lay all the blame on Rodgers.

my point was if they hate Rodgers so much maybe they like Love more.
People talk about that play because it was not a clear-cut thing, so it's interesting to talk about.

Both of Jones' fumbles were so OBVIOUSLY Jones' fault, there's nothing to talk about. He was terrible. Both fumbles were way worse than anything AR did in whole game. Literally EVERYONE has said Turner was putrid, Wagner was real bad, too. EVERYONE has cursed King to the depths of hells. Redmond sucked like a Hoover. Everyone agrees EQ dropped the 2-pointer. Clearly EQ's fault. Many others' mistakes have been pointed out. Do you not see any of those criticisms?

Consensus is AR had a good game, but not a perfect game. Do you agree with that, or do you claim AR played perfectly and did EVERYTHING right?

Saying AR had a couple of bad plays is not the same as putting all or majority of the blame on him for the loss. AR could've played even better, but it was the rest of the team and coaches that lost this one for us. But if you think everyone should self-censor and never ever talk about any of AR's bad plays, you're fighting against windmills. In fact, you bringing this up over and over again makes AR look worse than what people actually think of him.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:26
Saying AR had a couple of bad plays is not the same as putting all or majority of the blame on him for the loss. AR could've played even better, but it was the rest of the team and coaches that lost this one for us. But if you think everyone should self-censor and never ever talk about any of AR's bad plays, you're fighting against windmills. In fact, you bringing this up over and over again makes AR look worse than what people actually think of him.
...and it's annoying as hell.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

QB was the only position group that played better than the Bucs ... Maybe RB is a wash.

Bucs were better at every other position group.

Sorry don't know why I said RB ... Jones fumble twice

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:24
Rodgers had the second highest QB rating of all time this year - behind his 2011 rating.

When people blame Rodgers it's not worth listening because they are just trying to push a narrative.

Would be great to see this team without Rodgers but as a packer fan I prefer to win and want the best QB in football. Sunday put Brady on pack and Rodgers on Bucs - wouldve been blowout
There absolutely is equity built in this stuff. It's why Adams is being let off the hook too, which I disagree with honestly. I can't imagine these boards if it was 83 who dropped that ball in the endzone and then couldn't get his feet set 2 plays later but because it was 17....the hate and vitriol are less.

To some extent I understand. He has built up equity. To another extent I really don't get it. Playoffs is times for your stars to show up. And Adams did not.

One thing that can't be denied is Brady and his teams almost always show up. Even if it doesn't look like they did.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.