Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:01
whats stupid crap Willie is week after week, game after game the same Rodgers haters rush in a rag on Rodgers, and rarely mention the faults of other players that are far worse, such as Turner or Wagner, or Q's 2 point duster, or Adams, or Jones fumbles, etc, nope, instead It's the 37 yr old Rodgers not running it in, as though the several Tampa players watching wouldn't beat him to the EZ, or Rodgers not seeing a open player some where, nah just easier to lay all the blame on Rodgers.

my point was if they hate Rodgers so much maybe they like Love more.
Yeah I don't see packfn23 knocking any other player outside Rodgers. Not even on this page.
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 21:01
Others that screwed the pooch:
Adams dropped a gimme
Turner and Wagner had rough days
Redmond sucks at angles and drops the gimme INT
Kevin sucked in all but tackling
Amos completely giving up his responsibility and letting Brate be wide open
Pettine for calling Cover 1 before the half and not opening up the pass rush from the get go
LeFleur for chasing points and getting away from what the offense does best
Sullivan for getting beat like a drum in the first half
Z. Smith for disappearing
Crosby/Menenga for not kicking it out of the EZ
EQ for the drop
Jones for the fumbles

It was a team Jekyll and Hyde performance. In the end too many mistakes on our end that Tampa capitalized on and we didn't capitalize on enough of theirs.

A few guys that played well:
Marques Valdes-Scantling
Jaire Alexander
Kenny Clark
Corey Linsley
Lucas Patrick
Elgton Jenkins
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:38
bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:24
Rodgers had the second highest QB rating of all time this year - behind his 2011 rating.

When people blame Rodgers it's not worth listening because they are just trying to push a narrative.

Would be great to see this team without Rodgers but as a packer fan I prefer to win and want the best QB in football. Sunday put Brady on pack and Rodgers on Bucs - wouldve been blowout
There absolutely is equity built in this stuff. It's why Adams is being let off the hook too, which I disagree with honestly. I can't imagine these boards if it was 83 who dropped that ball in the endzone and then couldn't get his feet set 2 plays later but because it was 17....the hate and vitriol are less.

To some extent I understand. He has built up equity. To another extent I really don't get it. Playoffs is times for your stars to show up. And Adams did not.

One thing that can't be denied is Brady and his teams almost always show up. Even if it doesn't look like they did.
Bradys team showed up and were better than the packers at every position group but QB.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:26
Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:01
whats stupid crap Willie is week after week, game after game the same Rodgers haters rush in a rag on Rodgers, and rarely mention the faults of other players that are far worse, such as Turner or Wagner, or Q's 2 point duster, or Adams, or Jones fumbles, etc, nope, instead It's the 37 yr old Rodgers not running it in, as though the several Tampa players watching wouldn't beat him to the EZ, or Rodgers not seeing a open player some where, nah just easier to lay all the blame on Rodgers.

my point was if they hate Rodgers so much maybe they like Love more.
People talk about that play because it was not a clear-cut thing, so it's interesting to talk about.

Both of Jones' fumbles were so OBVIOUSLY Jones' fault, there's nothing to talk about. He was terrible. Both fumbles were way worse than anything AR did in whole game. Literally EVERYONE has said Turner was putrid, Wagner was real bad, too. EVERYONE has cursed King to the depths of hells. Redmond sucked like a Hoover. Everyone agrees EQ dropped the 2-pointer. Clearly EQ's fault. Many others' mistakes have been pointed out. Do you not see any of those criticisms?

Consensus is AR had a good game, but not a perfect game. Do you agree with that, or do you claim AR played perfectly and did EVERYTHING right?

Saying AR had a couple of bad plays is not the same as putting all or majority of the blame on him for the loss. AR could've played even better, but it was the rest of the team and coaches that lost this one for us. But if you think everyone should self-censor and never ever talk about any of AR's bad plays, you're fighting against windmills. In fact, you bringing this up over and over again makes AR look worse than what people actually think of him.
come on Sal, it's more then just a couple plays and you know it, lis, every game the first player bashed is Rodgers, no I've never said he was perfect, but people pick everything apart, Rodgers is suppose to do everything perfect, or it's his fault we lost, if only he'd done this talk has been going on forever.

ya now I'am making AR look bad by defending him.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:40
go pak go wrote:
bud fox wrote:
Rodgers had the second highest QB rating of all time this year - behind his 2011 rating.

When people blame Rodgers it's not worth listening because they are just trying to push a narrative.

Would be great to see this team without Rodgers but as a packer fan I prefer to win and want the best QB in football. Sunday put Brady on pack and Rodgers on Bucs - wouldve been blowout
There absolutely is equity built in this stuff. It's why Adams is being let off the hook too, which I disagree with honestly. I can't imagine these boards if it was 83 who dropped that ball in the endzone and then couldn't get his feet set 2 plays later but because it was 17....the hate and vitriol are less.

To some extent I understand. He has built up equity. To another extent I really don't get it. Playoffs is times for your stars to show up. And Adams did not.

One thing that can't be denied is Brady and his teams almost always show up. Even if it doesn't look like they did.
Bradys team showed up and were better than the packers at every position group but QB.
I don't think I can get behind that.

Honestly when I look at this game, I think the Packers played fine for the exception of our liabilities were really, really, really, really bad.

Kevin King not only played the worst game of his career, but rivaled the worst performance of any Packer player I can remember in a long time. Chandon Sullivan also played really, really, really bad.

Finally we had Will Redmond as our single top safety. what. the. f*ck.

I mean that's you difference. Our liabilities were just way worse. The Bucs got to steal at minimum one...if not two possessions because of our complete inadequate play by Kevin King and Chandon Sullivan.
Last edited by go pak go on 26 Jan 2021 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:

spot on, put Rodgers on any team that values a HOF QB like the Bucs do Brady, surround him with a couple WR's that can separate on schedule and Rodgers would have more rings, but NO way, instead we draft his replacement.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:49
bud fox wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Honestly when I look at this game, I think the Packers played fine for the exception of our liabilities were really, really, really, really bad.

Kevin King not only played the worst game of his career, but rivaled the worst performance of any Packer player I can remember in a long time. Chandon Sullivan also played really, really, really bad.

I mean that's you difference. Our liabilities were just way worse.
Bucs line got more pressure, linebackers were everywhere, dbs blanketed our receivers.

Our line got no pressure outside of jaire dbs were beat.

Bucs oline gave Brady more time ... He just stood there. His wrs for separation and made plays for him.

You are wrong if you think QB wasn't our only better.positoonal group

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 06:53
go pak go wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Bucs line got more pressure, linebackers were everywhere, dbs blanketed our receivers.

Bucs oline gave Brady more time ... He just stood there. His wrs for separation and made plays for him.

Well it's likely only going to go down from here. I don't see this team as an overall getting better than they were in 2020.

Unless we just strike gold on one or two draft picks/UDFA 's. I truly think this was Rodgers's best shot at a ring and I think he knew it too. I view this team as a parrelel to the 2017/2018 Saints. Maybe we can squeeze another year or two out of it...but it's gonna be tough.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 07:08
bud fox wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Well it's likely only going to go down from here. I don't see this team as an overall getting better than they were in 2020.

Unless we just strike gold on one or two draft picks/UDFA 's. I truly think this was Rodgers's best shot at a ring and I think he knew it too. I view this team as a parrelel to the 2017/2018 Saints. Maybe we can squeeze another year or two out of it...but it's gonna be tough.
yet you folks don't think I should be upset, we all new we are bound to lose some impact starters next season, so getting back to where we where this year will be a lot tougher, people get upset with me because I can't let go of what Guty did in last years draft, well whether you want to admit it or not a slot receiver was really missed yesterday, our receivers to often couldn't get open faster then the Bucs pass rush got to Rodgers, which was practically every time he dropped to pass.

I'll get over this loss as I have all the others, but I'll never accept the way Guty stiffed Rodgers with the Love pick last year, not ever.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 07:22
go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 07:08
bud fox wrote:

yet you folks don't think I should be upset, we all new we are bound to lose some impact starters next season, so getting back to where we where this year will be a lot tougher, people get upset with me because I can't let go of what Guty did in last years draft, well whether you want to admit it or not a slot receiver was really missed yesterday, our receivers to often couldn't get open faster then the Bucs pass rush got to Rodgers, which was practically every time he dropped to pass.

I'll get over this loss as I have all the others, but I'll never accept the way Guty stiffed Rodgers with the Love pick last year, not ever.
You can be upset. We are all pretty upset. This was our shot and we all knew it.

The reach you go in every single one of your posts is all roads lead back to "we shoulda drafted Jefferson or some other magical slot WR" and if we had...all our problems would be solved"

Except we heard this about Noah Fant last year until Robert Tonyan quieted that noise this year. Or Devin Bush until we really didn't hear about that for some reason this year because DT became the more "apparent need" until Kenny Clark became a man and Kris Barnes became a great ILB which allowed us to shut down the run in December.

At least on a micro level for both the 2020 Packers and the 2020 NFCCG, our issue was not slot WR. I think our largest issue was losing our All Pro LT to an ACL injury during a Friday walkthrough (what luck) and our players like Adams and King letting us down.

Oh and the most mystifying defensive play call by our D Coordinator before the half. I mean we have Amos, Barnes and Savage in the middle of the field on that play. Seriously that is a fireable offense. That play call cost us a shot at a Lombardi.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
go pak go wrote:
bud fox wrote:

The defense did finally show up in the 2nd half. How about THREE interceptions in THREE consecutive drives that we only turned into 6 points?

Many players and coaches should shoulder blame for not showing up, INCLUDING AARON RODGERS.

NO ONE is only blaming Rodgers. NO ONE is even blaming Rodgers mostly. NO ONE is saying Rodgers had a poor game. SOME are saying Rodgers deserves no blame or criticism.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 07:29
The reach you go in every single one of your posts is all roads lead back to "we shoulda drafted Jefferson or some other magical slot WR" and if we had...all our problems would be solved"
a slot receiver that gets open fast helps concerning the loss of Bak more then any other factor, I use Jefferson simply because he was my draft crush, actually though a healthy Ervin may have accomplished the same thing, your problem GPG is that for some reason you can't fathom how well a motion man is at slowing a defenders first step, and how that translates with helping the OT get a advantage over a pass rusher, at least it seems to me that you under score that, and it's easy to see, just look at motion plays versus say a empty pocket or a 2 back set, pre snap motion freezes just about everyone on defense, thats why the best teams in the league are all using it, and it's why I wanted a guy like Jefferson.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 14:31
Pugger wrote:
25 Jan 2021 14:24
go pak go wrote:
25 Jan 2021 09:41

Yoop. I get having more better players makes you better. Just like I get having more money makes you richer. It's not hard to concede to that.

But football organizations also have fixed resources and fixed decisions. There wasn't a WR on the board on draft day that would have helped us. Only Higgins was available and he is the same type of WR we already have.

But having all said that, all NFL teams have strengths and weaknesses. Our offense and WR this year was not a weakness. You don't put up those kind of points and production when it's a weakness. We also got tremendous production from our WR group outside of Adams with the play of MVS yesterday. He did it not only on the long TD but he also did it on shorter routes.

No our roster was plenty fine enough to win it all this year. At some point you have to trust your players to just make the plays. You have to trust trust Kevin King doesn't get smoked 4 times. You have to trust that Davante Adams catches a ball he always catches. You have to trust Aaron Jones doesn't put it on the ground twice when he normally doesn't fumble. You have to trust Rodgers doesn't throw an interception when he normally doesn't throw interceptions. You have to trust Darnell Savage plays like a safety and doesn't allow the ball to be caught on his responsibility.

I know we love to obsess ourselves in making this "perfect" roster so we are ensured of not feeling pain in January but the roster we had this year was about as close as you're gonna get to that. At some point you just have to trust your players or else you will always for the life of you be mad at your GM. Sometimes...sometimes it's the player's fault when they just didn't make the play when the play was there to be made.

I also think Mike Pettine's call to end the half is unforgivable. To not have both safeties back for the long ball is inexcusable.
Yoop does have a point of not having a slot guy. How come we stopped using Austin as a slot/motion guy? Is he not as good as Tyler Irvin?
The thing about that argument is literally it could be, "if we had a better "X"...outside of DT1, CB1 or QB1....we would have won the game!

Not having a prototypical slot WR yesterday was not the reason for the loss. Not when there are 5 or 6 plays that were there for the making and we just didn't make them.
I agree, not having a true slot guy was not the reason for the loss but it could have helped...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
25 Jan 2021 15:35
Pugger wrote:
25 Jan 2021 07:51
lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 01:00

You cant expect him to target Jaire. So hes gonna go at the other guys. I thought Chadon did ok. I havent seen a Packers CB be that bad since Ahmad Carroll. Somehow King outsucked Dumbarious.
You gotta laugh or else you cry. :lol: :cry:
I hear ya Pugger. It’s not like you just found out you’re allergic to cheese.
:hide:
:lol: :lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Foosball wrote:
25 Jan 2021 15:48
One of the worst coached games I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe ever.

Going for 2 early

The defensive call at the end of the half...and yes King has to go. Not all his fault but he doesn’t do any one thing well.

Not going for it at the end of the game is mind boggling to me. The Packers had to score a TD. Everything else is academic until you get a TD. The Packers had a chance and if it failed then you hope the defense can hold Brady to get another chance. You don’t kick a FG.

The 2 point conversion is a different story. Because first you have to get a TD. You have to get a TD!!! LaFluer threw one of those chances (possibly the only chance) away. As it turned out he did blow his only chance to get the TD. He choked. Totally screwed the pooch.

You have a HOF QB and the MVP of the league who has won games late in the 4th quarter on 4th downs numerous times in the past. WTF!

A peewee coach would made better decisions.

I also had high hopes after watching LaFleur’s game plan against the Rams. But def cord Todd Bowls totally out coached LaFleur.

The Packers had a great team. The coaching staff let them down.
Great post. I'd add deferring to the second half at the opening coin toss. This might have been the game to get an early lead.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
26 Jan 2021 08:16
go pak go wrote:
Pugger wrote:
25 Jan 2021 14:24

Yoop does have a point of not having a slot guy. How come we stopped using Austin as a slot/motion guy? Is he not as good as Tyler Irvin?
The thing about that argument is literally it could be, "if we had a better "X"...outside of DT1, CB1 or QB1....we would have won the game!

Not having a prototypical slot WR yesterday was not the reason for the loss. Not when there are 5 or 6 plays that were there for the making and we just didn't make them.
I agree, not having a true slot guy was not the reason for the loss but it could have helped...
So could a better CB. So could a better defensive call prior to half. So could have an Adams catch in the EZ. So could have a better play on the ball by Savage. So could have a better ball tracking and catch by Will Redmond.

I mean I honestly put a slot WR waaaaaaay down on the list of what could have improved our chances on Sunday.

Our players making basic football plays and we are in the SB.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 16:30

DAFUQ!
Huh? :dunno:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 08:15
go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 07:29
a slot receiver that gets open fast helps concerning the loss of Bak more then any other factor, I use Jefferson simply because he was my draft crush, actually though a healthy Ervin may have accomplished the same thing, your problem GPG is that for some reason you can't fathom how well a motion man is at slowing a defenders first step, and how that translates with helping the OT get a advantage over a pass rusher, at least it seems to me that you under score that, and it's easy to see, just look at motion plays versus say a empty pocket or a 2 back set, pre snap motion freezes just about everyone on defense, thats why the best teams in the league are all using it, and it's why I wanted a guy like Jefferson.
I absolutely get that a motion man helps. I mean we have been calling for that and discussing that since 2018 when Zach Kruse talked about how offense should be easy.

The personal spouts of telling me I have low football IQ is getting a little old because I don't harp on using RD1 on a WR in the 2020 Draft is getting a little old.

We also had that motion man until he went out for the season. Just like we had that All Pro LT until he went out for the season.

Sh*t happens. I do expect us to look at it again though this offseason. Especially because it is pretty clear that Swerv is small and likely injury prone. The challenge we will find though is a lot of these "shifty" WRs will be small and likely more injury prone.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
25 Jan 2021 16:49
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 16:30

DAFUQ!
The Smiths were a bit of a disappointment this year. Z had a good year stat-wise but those performances of just taking over the game were not there for some reason. Last year's dominance wasn't anywhere to be found.
Z had 12.5 sacks this year, 5th best in the league. Preston was fine when he wasn't asked to cover TEs out in the flat.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 08:19
Pugger wrote:
26 Jan 2021 08:16
go pak go wrote:

So could a better CB. So could a better defensive call prior to half. So could have an Adams catch in the EZ. So could have a better play on the ball by Savage. So could have a better ball tracking and catch by Will Redmond.

I mean I honestly put a slot WR waaaaaaay down on the list of what could have improved our chances on Sunday.

Our players making basic football plays and we are in the SB.
again your so stubborn you can't see the forest for the trees on this stuff.

in every game we ever play, and everyone we have played, players will screw up on average 3 to 5 plays that could change the outcome of games , and you know this, yet a quality motion guy/ slot receiver bails out the QB often enough to over come those poor plays, Cobb did it often for us, and NE and Brady won super bowls because they always had player like that, so when you say you put slot receiver way down on your list to help us win Sunday, it comes of as " even though I think Yoop might be right, I'll never say it" :lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 20:49
lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Jan 2021 20:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2021 17:01

Way over the top and I hate Cowherd as much as the next guy, but some truth here.
The only thing true about it was that Rodgers would take the most heat of the 4 QBs if he lost. Sure enough everyone is blaming Rodgers despite the offensive line getting dominated and the Bucs being allowed to just yank our receivers all over the field.

Honest to God that was a masterful performance by Rodgers who did everything he could to lead that team back from an epic collapse and for whatever reason you still hate him. You will praise the ever living &%$@ out of Billy Turner bum ass but if Rodgers doesnt have a passer rating of 158.4 you think he sucks.
It was good, not masterful, and not good enough. Rodgers definitely does not deserve all of the blame, but definitely some of it. He was not good enough to win that game. Others weren't good enough to win it either. Rodgers and the Packers haven't been good enough to win 4 out of 5 of those games. He left points on the field yesterday.

There are many things that Cowherd said that are 100% the truth. When someone speaks hard truths about someone you worship, it's difficult to hear, but it doesn't make them any less true.

I think you need to step away from the hyperbole and take an honest look at what is happening. There is some huge mischaracterization of what is being said AND some pretty big hero worship going on. Rodgers can be good, but flawed at the same time.

Rodgers shares some of the blame for the loss. Some, not all.

A god wins that game.
The guy who everyone calls the GOAT didn't play a great game either but his TEAM played better than the Packers and that is why they are going to the SB and not GB. Football is the ultimate in team sports. It takes an entire team to play well to win that game, not some imaginary god.