Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 10:24
Drj820 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 10:17
I get sicker and sicker thinking about how we drafted a running back in the second round (very high), our top rb leaves the game...the second round pick provides a spark and moves the pile, catches a pass for a first down, and averages over 5 yards per carry..and we give the guy THREE carries.

Criminal. Barf. Ughhh

Probably my third post about this, can’t get over it
Yeah MLF was supposed to be the fresh air around this. But he was awfully like MM on Sunday.

My hope is he learns from it. He coached a very poor game.
I agree he coached very poorly...but I do wonder...for as many times as I heard “can! Can!”

I wonder if he was calling runs and Rodgers was deferring to the pass Every single time bc he trusted himself more than the patience needed to grind away with the run game?

Rodgers may have neutered lafleur this game. Maybe.

Which explains drafting a qb last year.

Meh.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 09:20
The whole "god mode" Rodgers thing comes up a lot and it got me thinking how much have seen that in Rodgers's career in the postseason?

I count 3 games.

2nd Half vs AZ in 2009 Wildcard.
Atlanta 2010 Divisional
2016 Dallas Divisional

Am I missing any?
2014 NFCG in Seattle where he was hurt? We lost due to defense alone that afternoon.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
26 Jan 2021 11:26
go pak go wrote:
The whole "god mode" Rodgers thing comes up a lot and it got me thinking how much have seen that in Rodgers's career in the postseason?

I count 3 games.

Atlanta 2010 Divisional
2016 Dallas Divisional

Am I missing any?
2014 NFCG in Seattle where he was hurt? We lost due to defense alone that afternoon.
huh?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

German_Panzer wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I count 3 games.

Atlanta 2010 Divisional
2016 Dallas Divisional

Am I missing any?
No, we did not. Defense forced 5 turnovers (like 4 INTs and a recovered fumble or something like that) while our O sputtered (this is not just on Rodgers, the ground game was non-factor when we needed it most and that also really killed us), and of course our STs cost us in more ways than the one -- the D unquestionably did enough for them to win.

We are not going to field a Chicago Bears defense that carries the team when the offense sputters, not with a QB on a Franchise Quarterback contract -- too many resources tied up into one player. The O has to seal the deal when the D plays like it did that game or last Sunday.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Labrev wrote:
26 Jan 2021 11:37
German_Panzer wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I count 3 games.

Atlanta 2010 Divisional
2016 Dallas Divisional

Am I missing any?

We are not going to field a Chicago Bears defense that carries the team when the offense sputters, not with a QB on a Franchise Quarterback contract -- too many resources tied up into one player. The O has to seal the deal when the D plays like it did that game or last Sunday.
100% agree. Best O in the league needs to score TDs off those turnovers. They couldn’t even flip the field position in the TB game.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 10:10
Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 09:59
go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 09:44

Yeah that was a great season. Cobb's best by far. 2012 he had a good season too. Lot of other seasons he underperformed.

And what those years proved at that time again was the team let Rodgers down because of lack of defense or lack of RB. That's what chasing "holes" and saying "one position away does" it just makes the tune change each year what great ineptitude hole the team has each year.

And it's literally what we have talked about on this board each year the last decade. And like position coveting is fun. I do it too. But there is a lot more that goes into it than if we had "X" because really that X could be a lot of players if that player plays well.

If that X was Gary. We win.
If that X was King. We win.
If that X was Savage. We win.
If that X was Jones. We win.
If that X was Adams. We win.
If that X was Turner/Wagner. We win.

That's what I mean. We just needed one other player/postitional group to step up whether it was a slot or whether it was the litany above.

I mean MN fans do "one player away from the SB" talk every year.
again you keep neglecting Lafluers schemes and how a slot type player fits it, and also how a slot receiver fits a uptempo scheme, it's great when Rodgers has the time to throw to guys like Scantling, Taylor Q and Lazard, but against a great pass rush there is no time to wait on those guys to clear

each year there are needy positions to fix, ever since Cobb left we've had a hole at the slot, imho a key position in the schemes we now use, Ervin was a O K fit there, a more athletic player, a bit more size would be much better.
Yoop a slot player might be nice, but the O was totally fine all year. It was historically good in many aspects. We just forgot to do all the cool stuff when it was hard against a good team. We abandoned who we were, got tight. It was playcalling, execution, and coaching.

The talent was plenty to handle the job. It was all year. Run the ball in the 4th a little more with our SECOND round draft pick that got three carries and this is a different game. Make the defense think about him instead of just pinning their ears back to attack Wagner and Turner who were hardly given any help all day.

It was failure on many fronts, talent not being one of them this time around for the offense.
come on thats a no sale to me, OK we may have been a little tight to start the game, we didn't abandon anything, the run was going no where early in fact we had several 3 and outs because the run didn't produce, and once your a couple score down then most coaches Pass to catch up, specially so when your opponent is scoring on each series, I think it's just human nature to try and get big chunks to get back in it.

we lost 4 games this year because the offense could not stay on the field, slot receivers are noted to keep there offenses on the field cause like a RB they move the chains, also if you have a good slot guy it affects the play book, a coach, specially one whos schemes revolve around a short game can build a lot of plays around that player.

true, nothing may have helped us Sunday, we seemed on a path of self destruction, to many individual meltdowns, however fans always seem to have the answers, if the coach had done this or done that, however we only get one picture, the one between or beady blue eyes, and most of us probably need glasses :)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah it is hard for me.

I mean if you told me after we scored the TD in the 3rd quarter that the Bucs would only get 3 points and Jaire Alexander would get 2 INTs giving Rodgers 3 shots at getting a TD to tie it.....I would have told you we win that game.

I was feeling pretty darned good when we had the ball and it was 23 to 28.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 12:33
Yeah it is hard for me.

I mean if you told me after we scored the TD in the 3rd quarter that the Bucs would only get 3 points and Jaire Alexander would get 2 INTs giving Rodgers 3 shots at getting a TD to tie it.....I would have told you we win that game.

This is where you see the Rodgers bias. They gave the packers 3 shots. If our wrs get open and catch. If our line blocks and gives just some of the time Brady had.

The only decision I didn't like from Rodgers was not running it on the third. I don't think he scores but gets a couple of yards. Maybe MLF still kicks FG and it doesn't matter who knows

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 15:04
go pak go wrote:
Yeah it is hard for me.

This is where you see the Rodgers bias. They gave the packers 3 shots. If our wrs get open and catch. If our line blocks and gives just some of the time Brady had.

The only decision I didn't like from Rodgers was not running it on the third. I don't think he scores but gets a couple of yards. Maybe MLF still kicks FG and it doesn't matter who knows
On those three drives I would agree.

Also excited to the Packers offense get the league MVP this year.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 15:12
bud fox wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yeah it is hard for me.

Bad angle - not how the award is recognized.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:08
go pak go wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Cool. So Rodgers gets the accolades but then the blame is shifted to everyone else when it goes south.

What's funny is the "anti Rodgers" people actually work very hard at praising Rodgers and also recognizing that it is a team game and the blame must be spread.

But the pro Rodgers people absolutely have NONE of the blame go to Rodgers outside of "he should have ran on 3rd down." Only critique I heard all game.

Even Shaq Barrett said after the game, "we knew we would have a shot at getting to Rodgers as he likes to hold onto the ball for the big plays"

This is a team game. They all deserve the credit for a great 2020 season and all deserve the blame for their part of losing to the Bucs.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Nice setup! Bravo! :clap: :clap:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

If Rodgers deserves the blame then yes blame him but against the Bucs he didn't.

There is the possible qb run on the goal line which who knows if MLF even goes for it. Outside of that he was throwing balls into very tight spots because our wrs couldnt get open and he was dancing over the field cause our line didnt block.

Rodgers isnt going to just thrown the ball up into the sky like brady and ask our receivers to win because they weren't winning on there routes already.

Our team got beat at every position group but QB.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

"Receivers just were not getting open." A tired refrain that is just false. This is not 2018.

2 really quick examples. 3rd and goal on the first series. Free play.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 26 Jan 2021 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:14
bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:08
go pak go wrote:

Cool. So Rodgers gets the accolades but then the blame is shifted to everyone else when it goes south.

What's funny is the "anti Rodgers" people actually work very hard at praising Rodgers and also recognizing that it is a team game and the blame must be spread.

But the pro Rodgers people absolutely have NONE of the blame go to Rodgers outside of "he should have ran on 3rd down." Only critique I heard all game.

Even Shaq Barrett said after the game, "we knew we would have a shot at getting to Rodgers as he likes to hold onto the ball for the big plays"

This is a team game. They all deserve the credit for a great 2020 season and all deserve the blame for their part of losing to the Bucs.
shag Barrett is full of &%$@, Rodgers gets the ball out faster then any other QB in the league, granted thats slanted some compared to how good the defenses are that we've faced, Rodgers carried this offense, not the other way around, thats why he's the MVP, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it, the anti Rodgers people simply refuse to admit it.

Glad to hear he's coming back and has cooled down now, and the FO want him back, this could have gotten really ugly, you think he didn't have a choice, but he could have demanded a trade, and he would have gotten it, no way this front office wants another Favre fiasco, I also expect that Guty will spend resources to bring in a top WR this off season, anyone who thinks that position is fine is dreaming.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:33
"Receivers just were not getting open." A tired refrain that is just false. This is not 2018.

cant remember 3rd and goal.

Free play the TE dropped it lol

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:22
If Rodgers deserves the blame then yes blame him but against the Bucs he didn't.

There is the possible qb run on the goal line which who knows if MLF even goes for it. Outside of that he was throwing balls into very tight spots because our wrs couldnt get open and he was dancing over the field cause our line didnt block.

Rodgers isnt going to just thrown the ball up into the sky like brady and ask our receivers to win because they weren't winning on there routes already.

Our team got beat at every position group but QB.
ya can always spot the Rodgers haters, they'll applaud the water boy before throwing accolades Rodgers way, when Rodgers is over whelmingly good, they talk about how the OL gave him all day to throw, when it's beyond obvious that Rodgers is forced to scramble bercause no one is open on schedule they alert us to the fact that someone, somewhere was open, as though Rodgers should be able to see everyone on the field at the exact moment they do cvome open, defending Rodgers to these people is useless, HATERS GONNA HATE.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:38
Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:33

cant remember 3rd and goal.

Free play the TE dropped it lol
If one can not remember plays and/or more than the target of those plays, how does one know no one was getting open?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:22
I agree Rodgers isn't the reason we lost the game. In fact I don't think I have seen one person here state that Rodgers was the reason we lost the game. Rodgers played a good game. It was his best Conference Title Game he has ever played.

Was Rodgers god mode? Absolutely not. If he was we would have won. Whether it was the 3rd and goal play or just hitting one more shot to MVS. Rodgers had 1 shot play that worked. Brady had 4.

No I absolutely do not blame Rodgers for the loss. But he also didn't win it. He didn't raise the team up and put it on his back and give us a drive to the endzone when the Packers had 3 shots at it similar to Favre not getting it done when he had a final drive to do it in the 97 SB.

I place primary blame of the loss on Kevin King and Davante Adams to be perfectly honest. I think the those two made 3 - 4 absolute dog sh*t mistakes that cost the Packers the win. But it doesn't mean anyone else besides really MVS, Kenny Clark or Jaire Alexander played beyond themselves to elevate the team either.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I agree Rodgers isn't the reason we lost the game. In fact I don't think I have seen one person here state that Rodgers was the reason we lost the game. Rodgers played a good game. It was his best Conference Title Game he has ever played.
Absolutely