2021 NFL Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

49ers at #3 Take...

Poll ended at 30 Apr 2021 00:11

Mac Jones
50%
Trey Lance
38%
Justin Fields
No votes
Other
13%

Total votes: 8

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 09:34
We have the 29th pick in the draft.

Just beating out Buffalo due to strength of schedule, they pick 30th.
Yup.

I think those wanting WR with the 1st will once again be disappointed. There are a lot of guys like the Florida kid, the LSU kid and Batemen who we will all love. But I really think these guys are all going in the early to mid 20's.

I have a feeling we will have a lot of OT's by the time we come to select. I also think we will have a lot of DL if we decide to trade back a bit. I There will also be a lot of CBs and a few S's I really like. I haven't found a CB I am in love with yet. I wouldn't be mad about Asente Samual but I haven't looked much into him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Found my draft crush: Michigan long snapper Camaron Cheeseman

Dunno if he's any good. But I just want to hear announcers say "Cheeseman snaps!"

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 11:07
Found my draft crush: Michigan long snapper Camaron Cheeseman

Dunno if he's any good. But I just want to hear announcers say "Cheeseman snaps!"

Already been lots of jokes about us trading up in the 1st for him. With a name like Cheeseman, we should have automatic rights to him. He's a Packer or he doesn't get to play in the NFL.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Levi Onwuzurike DL out Washington may be my 2021 Draft Crush.

I see some places like Daniel Jerimiah have him going at slot 32.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am all-in on the YoHo trade down (from our 1st) bandwagon.

Late 1 is basically 2, so if we can get an extra Day 2 pick -or- Day 3 pick(s) that we can use to get back into Rounds 2-3, that sounds perfect. Among those Day 2 picks should be a CB that can come in and hopefully contribute right away, maybe you even double-dip there early. Then I am kinda whatever between IDL, ILB, WR, OL, RB.

Honestly, CB is the only position that I think we really need to target aggressively. Apart from that, I would just go BPA sans QB, TE, and S, or specials.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I would love to have 3 to 4 Day 2 picks as well.

There are just so many linemen this year in that early 2nd range that makes too much sense to one or two of em.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

A guy to keep an eye on.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just for sheer discussion.

What do you think Rodgers and/or Love could be traded for?

Who might willing to throw some picks for either and what might that be?

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 15:55

AR is a difficult trade due to the cap hit for the new team, and Stafford and Watson still out there. I bet someone would give two 1s, maybe the Jets or Carolina. Love would probably not be worth more than a 5th in trade.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:

can't imagine anyone giving much of anything for Love, he was a late first rounder which sorta translates to not being ready to rock and roll, however it only takes one GM to have liked him pre draft to still think he can become great with some coach up, so who knows.

I'd think after this last season that Rodgers stock is through the roof to a GM with a cusping team minus a gun slinger, easy 2 first round picks, possibly a 1 and a 2 this year and a 1 st next year, sounds like the Packers wont entertain offers, so I'am less worried about that, and sounds like Rodgers has no interest in leaving :clap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:50
BF004 wrote:

can't imagine anyone giving much of anything for Love, he was a late first rounder which sorta translates to not being ready to rock and roll, however it only takes one GM to have liked him pre draft to still think he can become great with some coach up, so who knows.

I'd think after this last season that Rodgers stock is through the roof to a GM with a cusping team minus a gun slinger, easy 2 first round picks, possibly a 1 and a 2 this year and a 1 st next year, sounds like the Packers wont entertain offers, so I'am less worried about that, and sounds like Rodgers has no interest in leaving :clap:
Yeah I don't think I would entertain anything less than 3 1's and a 2. I mean trading Rodgers this year would mean the 2021 Packers are over so we would need to be compensated well.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:50
BF004 wrote:

Youll never get adequate compensation for Rodgers. Who ever you send him to automatically becomes at least 4 wins better depending on the talent around them. On the Jets he probably goes 7-9 or 8-8. On the 49ers he goes undefeated for as long as he wants to play. The compensation would probably be 3 firsts.

Love right now is probably worth the same thing he was worth last draft. A 2nd round pick.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

BF004 wrote:
14 Jan 2021 13:10
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... 3-overall/

This mock here has the Texans trading Deshaun Watson to the Dolphins for what includes the #3 overall pick.

Can't imagine the thought of literally striking gold and you have an perpetual MVP caliber QB who is only 25 and you trade him away to get your own pick back. :suicide:
Zaven Collins LB
TULSA • JR • 6'4" / 260 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Green Bay
PROSPECT RNK
37th
POSITION RNK
5th
Love this prospect-team pairing because Collins has the size to rush off the edge in Mike Pettine's scheme and range from sideline-to-sideline when needed.
Nahhhh

Watson ain't it. I didn't watch him much this season, and he supposedly proved he was the real deal, but before this year he was purely the product of Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller, and I'm not buying it yet. At best I will put him just outside the top 10. He is young though and has the clutch gene. But he's a headcase and those QBs don't tend to work out in today's NFL that much, especially because I really don't think he's that good as of right now. And if he's worried more about playing GM, he's not the guy you want.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

We've needed an ILB for, well, the entire time I have been a fan, and usually I'm fine with continuing to pass on that position, but if we're going to keep running 3-4 then I think now's the time I'd take one. Even if we let King walk (and we should), I think it's time to address this finally.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
27 Jan 2021 00:40
We've needed an ILB for, well, the entire time I have been a fan, and usually I'm fine with continuing to pass on that position, but if we're going to keep running 3-4 then I think now's the time I'd take one. Even if we let King walk (and we should), I think it's time to address this finally.
There's basically two that I like. There is a kid from Tulsa and a kid from Notre Dame. Nobody else has caught my eye. There is a sliver of a chance one of them falls but I find it unlikely.

There area a lot of OT's and a lot of DL in that 25 to 45 range.

There are a few corners though again only 3 or 4 I really like with that first pick and at minimum 2 if not 3 will be gone by 29.

There are a few WRs as well. Toney from Florida looks like exactly what we want but he is likely a late teens to early 20's guy.

I think this RB class sucks.
Yoop wrote:

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

texas wrote:
27 Jan 2021 00:40
LB, CB are Def needs.

RB, OL, and slot WRs are Off needs.

Punters need to be brought into camp too.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yeah I have no idea who to get at ILB, I just know we need one.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
27 Jan 2021 23:58
Yeah I have no idea who to get at ILB, I just know we need one.
I would say right now is the best the Packers have been in years at ILB. Martinez obviously was a great talent but the Packers never gave him anything to work with next to him which was always my biggest gripe with TT for years.

Barnes I think is overhyped here. We have seen such bad play at the position for so long when something average came along it looked incredible. Same thing happens when Clay moved inside. Still Barnes was just a rookie and making the calls with the helmet. You’ve gotta think another year will help him regardless of the coordinator. Martin is in the same boat. He has all the tools but needs time to develop. Me missed a ton of time when it seemed he was in line to start.

Kirksey is good as gone though. I’m not a fan of this LB class. I cooled off on Dylan Moses. I expected better play from him considering Bamas front. I wasn’t impressed. I’m not at all a fan of Zaven Collins. I thought he was a do it all and not good at anything LB. not athletic enough for my liking. Not a fan of Bolton so far for where he’s being projected. Again not athletic enough. JOK from ND has all the athleticism in the world but is too small. He would be a great for for a weak side in a 4-3. Micah Parsons will be long gone and he’s the only one I feel is a true 1st round player.
Cancelled by the forum elites.