Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:14
bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:08
go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 15:12

On those three drives I would agree.

Also excited to the Packers offense get the league MVP this year.
Bad angle - not how the award is recognized.
Cool. So Rodgers gets the accolades but then the blame is shifted to everyone else when it goes south.

What's funny is the "anti Rodgers" people actually work very hard at praising Rodgers and also recognizing that it is a team game and the blame must be spread.

But the pro Rodgers people absolutely have NONE of the blame go to Rodgers outside of "he should have ran on 3rd down." Only critique I heard all game.

Even Shaq Barrett said after the game, "we knew we would have a shot at getting to Rodgers as he likes to hold onto the ball for the big plays"

This is a team game. They all deserve the credit for a great 2020 season and all deserve the blame for their part of losing to the Bucs.
How many times did they get to him where he held the ball too long? Most of the sacks looked like insta-sheds to me. Maybe the first one. All the receivers got jammed hard at the line. Adams was coming across and would have gotten open crossing right but Wagner gets destoryed and Vea pushes up the middle. Only escape is to go up and to the right and Adams was across his body. Literally no where to go here. Tonyan late on his release block and covered. Jones is the checkdown and covered. Plays at 00:45

04:47. Turner owned by JPP on inside power bull rush. Rodgers got through one read. With any talent what so ever MVS probably gets the ball but Turner sucks again despite the lunacy of the homers on this board.

06:22. No sack but look at the entire line fail. Patrick got run over. Literally. On his ass. Linsley and Jenkins get split by the other DT. Still completes the pass.

08:56. This line gives any time at all and hes got Lazard crossing wide open. Instead Wagner gets completely owned on the edge again which wouldnt have been so bad except that Turner got inside bull rushed so bad Rodgers cant step up. But keep defending Turner and telling me he is a bargain. Please. I double dog dare you.

09:15. Rodgers needed to hit ESB on that crosser. Its 3rd and 11 so I think Rodgers is looking for the sticks. Theres no telling ESB makes it to the first before getting caught from behind (or if he even makes the catch) but I would bet ESB out runs the DB there. Regardless Lazard was held again to the point where you can see the shoulder pads under his jersey. Missed call by the refs again.

The last play he had the more I watch the more I know he scores on that run. He needed to take off there. Lazard pays attention earlier and looks for the ball it doesnt matter.

Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:41
bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:38
Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:33
"Receivers just were not getting open." A tired refrain that is just false. This is not 2018.

2 really quick examples. 3rd and goal on the first series. Free play.
cant remember 3rd and goal.

Free play the TE dropped it lol
If one can not remember plays and/or more than the target of those plays, how does one know no one was getting open?
The free play still baffles me. Of all the people he looks at Dafney on a free play?

It didn't ultimately matter because we scored anyways, though we took more time off the clock. But history shows free play....Rodgers is looking to Adams or MVS. and it went on a jump ball to our 4th TE who was not wide open.

The Lazard miss, the Adams miss, and the not running were his three glaring mistakes on Sunday. Otherwise I can't really think of any other bad plays. The INT shouldn't have been thrown, but it was absolutely a penalty.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

So can I criticize Rodgers at all? Like even once? What's the cut-off where I get put in the "haters club"? Can I criticize his wardrobe, or not? We need clarification!

(this post is tongue-in-cheek if that didn't come through)
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah the line didn't hold up. Another frustrating aspect that MLF and the play calls failed on.

We know this isn't our best line. We know we have a major liability on the LT and the fact we didn't run the ball at all after we successful ran the ball on our TD drive in the 2nd half is mind boggling.

However in defense, we also just couldn't get a first down. We needed that first down. Hard to run the ball when you only have 6 plays in 2 drives.

I was pretty down on the team for a reason when Bak went out. It meant our margin for error was very small and we probably couldn't overcome when we were not leading the game. We saw that on Sunday.

What was really frustrating though about Sunday is you would hope ONE of the tackles would hold up. Well both of them failed.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
26 Jan 2021 16:51
So can I criticize Rodgers at all? Like even once? What's the cut-off where I get put in the "haters club"? Can I criticize his wardrobe, or not? We need clarification!

Of course you can - i think everyone criticized him not running for the endzone. Would it have mattered who knows but he should have ran there.

There really isn't much else - Adams dropped a td pass and didnt secure it in the endzone on the other.

Receivers blanketed all day and oline not blocking. That 3rd down conversion to lazard out of the endzone was one of the prettiest plays of the season. He was zipping balls past corners heads because of how good the coverage was.

There is only so much a QB can physically do.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:

careful, you'll end up on my watch list :rotf:

I don't have a problem much any more when people fail to give him credit for great plays, I mean they should of course, but I've learned to accept that sorta neglect :lol: any negative comments though will be recorded and used at a later date if cumulative insults are recorded, 3 or more insults of the GREAT ONE in any one game automatically elevates you to hater status, so be cool :rotf: :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

And that's the issue, if one can not see any other mistakes on the game then that someone is ignoring reality.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:01
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Of course you can - i think everyone criticized him not running for the endzone. Would it have mattered who knows but he should have ran there.

There really isn't much else - Adams dropped a td pass and didnt secure it in the endzone on the other.

Receivers blanketed all day and oline not blocking. That 3rd down conversion to lazard out of the endzone was one of the prettiest plays of the season. He was zipping balls past corners heads because of how good the coverage was.

yep other then the run he didn't run Rodgers is completely blameless in this loss.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:05
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

careful, you'll end up on my watch list :rotf:

I don't have a problem much any more when people fail to give him credit for great plays, I mean they should of course, but I've learned to accept that sorta neglect :lol: any negative comments though will be recorded and used at a later date if cumulative insults are recorded, 3 or more insults of the GREAT ONE in any one game automatically elevates you to hater status, so be cool :rotf: :aok:
Yeah. If you actually read my posts on game day threads you will see PLENTY of accolades and applauding of throws I give towards Rodgers.

One in particular I still remember was his pass to Jamaal Williams in the 2nd half TD drive. It was his 2nd best throw all game with the first being to MVS.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:07
bud fox wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

yep other then the run he didn't run Rodgers is completely blameless in this loss.
I mean....that was a potential game winning play.

It's like me saying, "other than the Savage f*ck up...Darnell Savage is completely blameless in the loss" or "other than the D Adams drop Adams was completely blameless in the loss."

But it was a big play and yeah. It absolutely contributed to the loss. It was absolutely a variable.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:10
Yoop wrote:
bud fox wrote:

It's like me saying, "other than the Savage f*ck up...Darnell Savage is completely blameless in the loss" or "other than the D Adams drop Adams was completely blameless in the loss."

But it was a big play and yeah. It absolutely contributed to the loss. It was absolutely a variable.
Maybe - such an unknown.

Maybe he makes it maybe he doesnt. Maybe he fumbles.

If he gets 4 yards maybe they go for it maybe they still kick fg.

What we do know is davante had scoring opportunities with the ball in his hands and missed it.

Receivers didnt get open. The line missed blocks. Pass rush didnt get pressure. Dbs gave up plays. Rbs dropped the ball. Special teams giving up yards.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:16
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Maybe - such an unknown.

What we do know is davante had scoring opportunities with the ball in his hands and missed it.

Receivers didnt get open. The line missed blocks. Pass rush didnt get pressure. Dbs gave up plays. Rbs dropped the ball. Special teams giving up yards.
And Rodgers threw a pick at a place in the field where a pick can't be thrown. You have to include it. It ultimately led to 7 points for the Bucs.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
bud fox wrote:

BS, from our angle, yes it looked like he could have made it, see thats another point, from our angle it looks like a lot of things are possible, it's a whole different view point on that field, with our view a receiver looks wide open, when actually he has plenty of time to close that gap in reaql time play, Rodgers obviously didn't think he could make it.

I admit you did give credit to Rodgers for his great play this year.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:22
bud fox wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Maybe - such an unknown.

And Rodgers threw a pick at a place in the field where a pick can't be thrown. You have to include it. It ultimately led to 7 points for the Bucs.
more BS, where else did you want him to throw it? nothing wrong with that pass that a PI wouldn't cure, you bitch when he doesn't make the throws and bitch when he does, got it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:30
go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:22
bud fox wrote:

Maybe - such an unknown.

more BS, where else did you want him to throw it? nothing wrong with that pass that a PI wouldn't cure, you bitch when he doesn't make the throws and bitch when he does, got it.
Yeah it was a PI.

The hard part with the QB position is it's like a coach. The QB is the one who really has to make the decisions that we as fans see whereas route running, blocking etc. is harder to see that.

The result ultimately had an impact on the game. Do I look at the play and curse Rodgers for doing it? No. Did it have an impact on the game? You bet your a$$ it did. It helped lead to 7 points either way.

Only thing I was upset and confused about on that final offensive drive on the Packers is why they let the clock go down so much. I thought that was a missed opportunity.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:27
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

BS, from our angle, yes it looked like he could have made it, see thats another point, from our angle it looks like a lot of things are possible, it's a whole different view point on that field, with our view a receiver looks wide open, when actually he has plenty of time to close that gap in reaql time play, Rodgers obviously didn't think he could make it.

So are you taking your statement back or?....

I mean now you're arguing yourself.

This where the whole thing of you just can't get past the emotional trap thing packfn23 and others talk about. You concede he should have ran. And then yell at me for not knowing if it was the right angle or what he was looking at yada yada yada.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

Of course I did!!!!

I AM A HUGE AARON RODGERS FAN!!!!

He is my favorite QB of all time. He is my favorite player of all time. I defended him when others didn't before his first game which made me love him even more. I defended him when the rumors were high of trading Rodgers for Moss. I LOVED watching him improve in 2006 and then into 2007 and seeing him develop in 2009 and 2010 and beyond.

I want nothing but MVPs and Rings for the guy. He is my guy. He is our guy.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:48
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

So are you taking your statement back or?....

I mean now you're arguing yourself.

This where the whole thing of you just can't get past the emotional trap thing packfn23 and others talk about. You concede he should have ran. And then yell at me for not knowing if it was the right angle or what he was looking at yada yada yada.
I didn't concede anything, I said it looked from our angle that he could have made it, and you complained plenty with Rodgers the last couple years, for christ sakes you blame3d Rodgers because he couldn't make the stooges prom queens, who you think your kidding,, you got all over his play last year as he tried to aclimate to schemes he's never played before.

that you now say he's been your fav player all along doesn't work out so well with your past comments.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Green Bay Packers made too many critical mistakes and missed too many opportunities during Sunday’s NFC Championship Game, so now Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the conference champions and will play in Super Bowl LV.

Here are all the notes and observations from rewatching the Packers’ 31-26 loss to the Buccaneers:

– The Packers run defense started well and maintained throughout the game, especially on early downs. They were physical at the line of scrimmage and active rallying to the football.

– The Buccaneers clearly identified Chandon Sullivan as a player to attack in big spots. They beat him twice from the slot for third down conversions on the first drive and really never stopped attacking him.

– Kevin King was actually in a decent position on the Mike Evans touchdown. If he times his jump right, he almost certainly knocks the ball away and the Bucs attempt a field goal. It almost looked like he panicked a little bit with the ball in the air, knowing Evans was behind him, then attempted his awkward-looking leap too early and was left completely out of position. The start of a miserable day for King.

– What does Aaron Jones need to do to get a facemask call? Devin White had a big handful of his facemask on a second-down catch on the first series.

– Just like the first meeting, the Packers’ dropback passing game really struggled early. The third-down sack was the result of the Bucs winning with seven in coverage and four rushing.

– The Packers special teams were responsible for a bunch of hidden field position yardage in this game. JK Scott’s first punt was an example.

– Kenny Clark’s third-down sack was a huge early play in the game. The Bucs were driving with a chance to take a two-score lead, but Clark bullied the backup right guard, driving him into the pocket and sacking Brady at the top of his drop.

– Terrific chemistry on display between Aaron Rodgers and Allen Lazard on the 3rd-and-long conversion to start the second drive. Rodgers anticipated Lazard spinning back to the quarterback along the sideline and threw the ball accordingly, and Lazard did exactly what he expected.

– Using Davante Adams in the slot really opened up some downfield opportunities for Marquez Valdes-Scantling against two-high looks. Often, the Bucs used the deep safety to bracket or double Adams, even on short or intermediate routes. That left Valdes-Scantling in one-on-ones. This is exactly what happened on the 50-yard touchdown. The safety comes down to double Adams, leaving Valdes-Scantling with a chance to run by the corner and make a big play.

– Like King, Darnell Savage also misplayed the ball in the air on Chris Godwin’s big catch on third down that sparked the Bucs’ second touchdown drive. The second-year safety actually had a great opportunity to intercept the pass, but Godwin made a much better play on the ball. Tracking the deep ball on this type of play has been an occasional issue for Savage during his first two seasons.

– For the most part, the Packers tackled well all game. But for one play, all their tackling warts showed up, and it resulted in a touchdown. Penetration from Tyler Lancaster had the run stopped in its tracks, but Leonard Fournette gathered himself, avoided Snacks Harrison, broke the tackle attempt of Jaire Alexander, spun past Adrian Amos and then beat the rest of the defense to the end. Another ugly play for the defense during a first half full of them.

– Marcedes Lewis blocked Jason Pierre-Paul into oblivion on a toss play to Jamaal Williams in the second quarter. Drove him 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and escorted him loudly to the ground.

– The Packers got the run game going at times, but they also abandoned it at times as well. Throwing three straight times from the 6-yard line after starting to gain some traction on the ground was an interesting sequence for Rodgers and LaFleur.

– Such a disappointing miss from Rodgers and Adams on the back-shoulder throw into the end zone. Got the perfect coverage, Adams won off the line, the ball was in a good spot away from the defender, and the All-Pro receiver just couldn’t finish the play. It’s a play they hit almost every time. It’s usually stealing.

– The third-down play in the red zone was also uncharacteristic. Sure, Lazard was open on the slant. But Adams was the go-to player on the play and he was open in rhythm. Rodgers waited a second too long. If he anticipates that throw like he needed to, it’s a touchdown. No doubt.

– The Packers linebackers tackled really well in the passing game. Brady checked down a bunch, but the linebackers in coverage were usually right there ready to make a tackle.

– Not sure what else to say about the Packers’ end of half calamity. Just an avalanche of errors. Interception. Dropped interception. Missed fourth-down stop. Giving up an over the top touchdown with seconds left.

– Will Redmond has to make that pick. Has to. Defensive backs practice making that exact catch hundreds of times during a given year.

– Regardless of the coverage called, King made a terrible play on the touchdown. Even in Cover-3, he can’t let the ball go over his head. A massive individual error. One of the biggest in the franchise’s postseason history. Giving up a fluke Hail Mary is one thing (see: Giants, 2011). This is something much worse. Just a complete breakdown.

– Credit the Bucs safeties. They were flying downhill to stop the short to intermediate passing game all game. On the first possession of the second half, Jordan Whitehead closed down Jones in a flash and knocked the ball loose. Game-changing play.

– The offensive tackles struggled, particularly Rick Wagner. Shaq Barrett won with speed to the edge and also a devastating spin move back inside. Wagner was on his heels all day.

– The Bucs lost Whitehead, their other starting safety, to an injury to start the Packers’ second drive of the second half. It was big. The Bucs started running more vanilla coverages and the Packers’ dropback passing game came alive. That’s no coincidence.

– The Packers ran some excellent concepts off their staple mesh plays. Many caught the Bucs napping in the middle of the field. Robert Tonyan’s touchdown was an example. Get the second-level defenders moving horizontally and then attack the middle of the field. Smart.

– It was amazing how often the Bucs ran the ball unsuccessfully on first down.

– Jaire Alexander had smothering coverage on Mike Evans on Adrian Amos’ interception.

– Very odd that Rodgers didn’t look Davante’s way on the free play. He usually takes his time and finds the best vertical route in those situations. Adams was wide open.

– The Packers got A.J. Dillon going on the one touchdown drive but never really went back to him.

– Cool concept working off the double motion with Davante, throwing a changeup on the play that worked for the touchdown against the Rams. The Bucs played it perfectly, passing off the motion and not falling for the double move.

– Give Davante a hop step release at the line and it’s game over.

– King is fortunate Evans dropped a deep ball to start the fourth quarter. King was out of position again.

– Sullivan gave up a third third-down conversion late. And he was very fortunate Evans dropped another one on the first Alexander pick. Rough game for the Packers slot corner.

– Six straight passing plays after Alexander picks, no first downs, no points. Pressure was a major factor.

– Terrific blitz call on the second Alexander pick. Anytime you can get Darnell Savage running unblocked at the quarterback, you’re probably going to get a disruptive play. Brady just arm punted it.

– Rodgers was very disappointed in his throw on 2nd-and-11 following the second Alexander pick. He had MVS on the same go-route as the first half. The ball flattened out and drifted inside too much. With a good throw, it’s probably another touchdown.

– Huge kick from Ryan Succop from 46 yards in a pressure spot.

– MVS was great off the line and getting into routes. He has improved notably in this area.

– Rodgers wasn’t happy with Lazard on the RPO in the red zone on the final drive. That could have been a walk-in touchdown. Lazard wasn’t ready for the football.

– Rodgers had a lot of green grass to his right on the third down, but he also had Jason Pierre-Paul chasing him from behind with an angle, plus Devin White lurking at the goal line. I don’t blame him for not running it, especially when he hesitated for a moment. At that point, he had to get rid of it.

– Did King interfere with Tyler Johnson? Probably not. Did he clearly hold Johnson? Yes. It’s a penalty by the book. The Packers didn’t like it because of the lack of consistency. In a vacuum, it’s a penalty. I can see both sides of it. One thing you can’t argue: Johnson sold the hell out of it.

– Too many mistakes. Too many missed opportunities. The autopsy of this game reads a lot like the one from 2014.
https://sports.yahoo.com/notes-observat ... 37807.html
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ooof

He’s right tho.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23