Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
30 Jan 2021 08:29
yoop wrote: it'll take more then a few mid round picks to satisfy Detroit, considering SF will be picking mid to late per round, 2 late 2nd and 2 late 3rds isn't even 1000 trade value, imho no less then a 1st is going to get this done.
The 49ers are slated to pick 12th in this year’s draft. Borderline middle, not even close to late.
even if both 2nds and 3rds are slot 12 in each round, which they aren't there still a couple hundred shy of 1400, plus the odds are a lot worse to get a starter ready player.
maybe Detroit is rebuilding and needs all these picks, it's possible, in that sense it's not a deal breaker, I still Detroit should demand a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldraftvalue/

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2021 11:04
APB wrote:
30 Jan 2021 08:29
yoop wrote: it'll take more then a few mid round picks to satisfy Detroit, considering SF will be picking mid to late per round, 2 late 2nd and 2 late 3rds isn't even 1000 trade value, imho no less then a 1st is going to get this done.
The 49ers are slated to pick 12th in this year’s draft. Borderline middle, not even close to late.
even if both 2nds and 3rds are slot 12 in each round, which they aren't there still a couple hundred shy of 1400, plus the odds are a lot worse to get a starter ready player.
maybe Detroit is rebuilding and needs all these picks, it's possible, in that sense it's not a deal breaker, I still Detroit should demand a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldraftvalue/
1400, if true is about 1st rnd pick 8. The Niners would have to give up more. Especially since Pace with duh bares has a habit of throwing away draft capitol and they seem interested. The ghost of Dan Devine might come calling and he throws two 1s or more at the Lions since he has to produce a viable contender or he is gone. A larger than expected haul is usually what it takes to get inter-divisional trades. Still cheaper than what it would take for them to get Watson.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Because the Lions and Stafford have made it public they will be moving on and because they said a deal is wanted to get done soon...I don't think the Lions have a lot of room to say no. At this point it just becomes who is the highest bidder.

4 draft picks isn't terrible compensation for a quarterback you won't keep anyways. Obviously a 1 would be nice.

It will be interesting if you offered say the 21st and a 3rd from Indy or 2 2nds and 2 3rds from San Fran of what they would do.

I too would probably take him to Indy at that point.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Lions will get a 1st and more.

He's s franchise QB with 7-10 years left in the league and there are a number of "win now" teams who need a QB.

It may not occur until Watson is off the market, as he is the bigger prize.

I would not be surprised to see the Lions get multiple 1s + a young QB on a bad contract. They will turn around and cut the QB, with the draft picks being compensation for the cap hit.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Jan 2021 11:17
Because the Lions and Stafford have made it public they will be moving on and because they said a deal is wanted to get done soon...I don't think the Lions have a lot of room to say no. At this point it just becomes who is the highest bidder.

4 draft picks isn't terrible compensation for a quarterback you won't keep anyways. Obviously a 1 would be nice.

It will be interesting if you offered say the 21st and a 3rd from Indy or 2 2nds and 2 3rds from San Fran of what they would do.

cripes there has to be a half doz teams panting harder then a 10 yr old Great Dane chasing a cat interested in Stafford :lol: the guy still has all the throws, lis, Stafford was the least of the problems in Detroit, I'am thinking a 1st and a 3rd, and as Ghost said possibly a player to seal the deal.

I always thought it silly when members hear would down play the ability of Stafford, I suppose when your QB is so good everyone else pales.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2021 12:39
go pak go wrote:
30 Jan 2021 11:17

cripes there has to be a half doz teams panting harder then a 10 yr old Great Dane chasing a cat interested in Stafford :lol: the guy still has all the throws, lis, Stafford was the least of the problems in Detroit, I'am thinking a 1st and a 3rd, and as Ghost said possibly a player to seal the deal.

I always thought it silly when members hear would down play the ability of Stafford, I suppose when your QB is so good everyone else pales.
I'm not underscoring Stafford at all. I think he is a top QB in this league and I put him as probably the best QB to win the least.

But I am also not willing to speculate trade value and am only reporting of what I have heard a team actually offer which as it stands is 2 2nds and a 2 3rds.

I think not speculating is something you should certainly appreciate.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Reports out there that Jimmy G is staying in SF and that a Stafford deal will be done before the Super Bowl. I think Stafford ends up in Indy.
RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I'm assuming since Stafford is on a cheap contract he's going to want to discuss a new one before he lands. He is certainly not going consent to a total rebuild either. I see him in his new home for at least 5 years.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2021 07:19
lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Jan 2021 00:32
Backthepack4ever wrote:
29 Jan 2021 21:53
The other teams should be able to veto that mess. Thats worse then FF. At least a 1st
I think that’s a really good trade for both sides.
I read the other day that Stafford rates out to a trade value of 1400, so no, thats not a good deal, at least not if that rating is accurate, that translates to the 8th pick in a draft class, imo it'll take more then a few mid round picks to satisfy Detroit, considering SF will be picking mid to late per round, 2 late 2nd and 2 late 3rds isn't even 1000 trade value, imho no less then a 1st is going to get this done.
We will see what they get. I just don’t see teams willing to give up more than a 1st if that.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Cdragon wrote:
30 Jan 2021 13:36
I'm assuming since Stafford is on a cheap contract he's going to want to discuss a new one before he lands. He is certainly not going consent to a total rebuild either. I see him in his new home for at least 5 years.
Yep, I think it's assumed a new deal will be part of it. Hearing the Panthers are very much in the hunt. But if I were him, Indy would probably be the best place.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Rams trade Goff, two firsts, and a third for Stafford.

Lions won that big time.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Jan 2021 21:16

Lions won that big time.
Part of the extra draft compensation was taking Goff's contract, can't imagine anyone would want him.

Also, the Rams will have traded their 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 1st round draft picks for 2 players. :shock:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I said I didn't think anyone would give up a first for Stafford... Rams give up two, and then some. They're absolutely nuts.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Jan 2021 16:49
Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2021 07:19
lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Jan 2021 00:32

I think that’s a really good trade for both sides.
I read the other day that Stafford rates out to a trade value of 1400, so no, thats not a good deal, at least not if that rating is accurate, that translates to the 8th pick in a draft class, imo it'll take more then a few mid round picks to satisfy Detroit, considering SF will be picking mid to late per round, 2 late 2nd and 2 late 3rds isn't even 1000 trade value, imho no less then a 1st is going to get this done.
We will see what they get. I just don’t see teams willing to give up more than a 1st if that.
Whoops
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Jan 2021 21:23
I said I didn't think anyone would give up a first for Stafford... Rams give up two, and then some. They're absolutely nuts.
I thought it should definitely be way more than a 1st, the guy is a baller and tough as nails.

I doubt I would have traded him for a 1 and a 2, just getting so much worse by doing so, this at least maybe gives them a chance here to hit on decent picks and get a young, not gawd awful QB.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Jan 2021 21:16

Lions won that big time.
Were they drunk?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Wait! Your prestigious GM skills didn't pan out and you are now shocked? I am shocked!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Jan 2021 22:07
Wait! Your prestigious GM skills didn't pan out and you are now shocked? I am shocked!
This is clearly a bad trade for the Rams. Do you disagree? Thats a massive overpay.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Jan 2021 22:14
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Jan 2021 22:07
This is clearly a bad trade for the Rams. Do you disagree? Thats a massive overpay.
If you think Stafford is the missing piece, no. If they win a Super Bowl or 2, no. If it doesn't work, they start over in 2024.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Goff is way less intimidating to me than Stafford was. The extra picks could be huge for them, but if getting Goff prevents them from getting a legit QB then I am not convinced I should really worry. It helps that new HC Dan Campbell seems like a bit of a doofus.

If any team can squander this opportunity, it's Detroit. 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto