Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Lot of good stuff in on the McAfee show today, worth a listen.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
26 Jan 2021 15:16
Yeah I've gotten through half of it.

Aaron Rodgers has literally been one of the brightest spots in my life in 2020. What a joy he was to be a fan of this year.

It really sucks he didn't get to cap it with a ring. I feel for him personally as I wanted it so bad for him and for me as a fan. Again. The fact we have Brady in the damn SB again is such a travesty to the sports world at large.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:41
BF004 wrote:

Aaron Rodgers has literally been one of the brightest spots in my life in 2020. What a joy he was to be a fan of this year.

It really sucks he didn't get to cap it with a ring. I feel for him personally as I wanted it so bad for him and for me as a fan. Again. The fact we have Brady in the damn SB again is such a travesty to the sports world at large.
I learned long ago to never take a great QB for granted, thats why until a new one proves he's worth my faith, and support, they don't get it, I could give two &%$@ about Love, to me Love got in the way of helping a already established great one get his do reward, another championship, it was the same with Favre, till he proved he was worth what we paid to get him, he was just another in a long line of hopeful QB's I watched passing through, I understand with younger guys who have only watched HOF bound QB's as a Packer fan, get upset when Rodgers is less then perfect, thing is during my life I've had to watch a lot of less then perfect ones, in fact less then starter type talent seemed the norm, ya better relish these times. they could be short lived, as Rodgers said, there is no certainty involved in football :)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:59
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I understand with younger guys who have only watched HOF bound QB's as a Packer fan, get upset when Rodgers is less then perfect, thing is during my life I've had to watch a lot of less then perfect ones, in fact less then starter type talent seemed the norm, ya better relish these times. they could be short lived, as Rodgers said, there is no certainty involved in football :)
Oh you absolutely get upset. This entire forum is filled with your upsetness. It's just your anger is geared toward the Packers and every Packer player who "wronged" his success.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2021 18:19
Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 17:59
go pak go wrote:

I understand with younger guys who have only watched HOF bound QB's as a Packer fan, get upset when Rodgers is less then perfect, thing is during my life I've had to watch a lot of less then perfect ones, in fact less then starter type talent seemed the norm, ya better relish these times. they could be short lived, as Rodgers said, there is no certainty involved in football :)
Oh you absolutely get upset. This entire forum is filled with your upsetness. It's just your anger is geared toward the Packers and every Packer player who "wronged" his success.
ya, I get upset when fans direct there anger in the wrong direction, your upset with me because I don't, to funny, you and your Aaron hating cretics critique Rodgers play when 5 or 6 others cost us the game, you pick out one or two questionable plays with him and over look dropped passes, fumbles, poor blocking just to single out Rodgers, look at you now pushing for a fight, dragging this out, I'am all done with it, you dont get to say Rodgers is your fav player, after you've been all over the guy for the last 5 years.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jan 2021 18:33
ya, I get upset when fans direct there anger in the wrong direction, your upset with me because I don't, to funny, you and your Aaron hating cretics critique Rodgers play when 5 or 6 others cost us the game, you pick out one or two questionable plays with him and over look dropped passes, fumbles, poor blocking just to single out Rodgers, look at you now pushing for a fight, dragging this out, I'am all done with it, you dont get to say Rodgers is your fav player, after you've been all over the guy for the last 5 years.
:rotf:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Rodgers got into his "film" that he watched too and what he saw that made him change his throw.

Highly recommend, as BF said, to watch this video.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Oh TJ...

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I agree the Packers should be in "go all in for 2021 and 2022 mode". I want it to happen.

I also don't know how that is going to happen when we are already essentially a bottom 5 team in terms of cap.

But I don't hate the idea of go all in for 2021 and 2022 and blow it up in 2023/2024.

The one nice thing about cap is you can clean it up in a year. You will absolutely suck during that year. But who cares? It's a year.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TJ is right, Brady asked for some grocery's and got em, and Rodgers watched Guty draft for tomorrow, people get on me for speaking this stuff, but it's not as though I'am the only one saying it

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
02 Feb 2021 13:54
TJ is right, Brady asked for some grocery's and got em, and Rodgers watched Guty draft for tomorrow, people get on me for speaking this stuff, but it's not as though I'am the only one saying it
People would get on you less if you would attempt to see perspective on the other side. Not everything is black and white. There is gray area in many things in life.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Wagner, Turner, Amos, P. Smith, Z. Smith... That's a lot of produce!

Maybe meat and taters like Dillon, Degura, Jenkins, Sternberger!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Zadarius Smith
Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Billy Turner
Rick Wagner
A.J. Dillon
Josiah Degura
Elgton Jenkins
Jace Sternberger
Robert Tonyan
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Equanimeous St. Brown

None of those guys has had the impact of a guy who had 483 receiving yards and 4 TDs (Brown) or a guy who had 623 receiving yards and 7 TDs (Gronkowski)?

How about we actually compare?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Feb 2021 16:12
Zadarius Smith
Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Billy Turner
Rick Wagner
A.J. Dillon
Josiah Degura
Elgton Jenkins
Jace Sternberger
Robert Tonyan
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Equanimeous St. Brown

None of those guys has had the impact of a guy who had 483 receiving yards and 4 TDs (Brown) or a guy who had 623 receiving yards and 7 TDs (Gronkowski)?

My money says a Justin Jefferson season summary is forthcoming...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
02 Feb 2021 16:21
Pckfn23 wrote:
Zadarius Smith
Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Billy Turner
Rick Wagner
A.J. Dillon
Josiah Degura
Elgton Jenkins
Jace Sternberger
Robert Tonyan
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Equanimeous St. Brown

so then we needed 10 guys to do what Gronk and Brown did, and Brady asked for those 2 guys and got em, Rodgers didn't ask for any big name FA vet, simply improvement at WR with a draft pick, there is no comparison, Rodgers basically didn't ask for a thing, and Guty obliged him.

when asked about this in the presser he he hawed about how we'll always draft QB's to groom up, hopefully trade like we did Hassalbak and Brunnel, as though slot 26 with a 4th round kicker is equivelent to 2nd and 3rd rounders, thats rediculous

I hope Rodgers forces them to guarantee the remaining years of his contract over this.

right, JJ was the pick, and we should have made it, for all you know, he could have actually made a difference, actually wore a jersey on Sunday, Love never did. :idea:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Zadarius Smith
Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Billy Turner
Rick Wagner
A.J. Dillon
Josiah Degura
Elgton Jenkins
Jace Sternberger
Robert Tonyan
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Equanimeous St. Brown

God help us all.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Zadarius Smith
Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Billy Turner
Rick Wagner
A.J. Dillon
Josiah Degura
Elgton Jenkins
Jace Sternberger
Robert Tonyan
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Equanimeous St. Brown

&%$@, you forgot the Love whining! Somehow Capers and ILB will weave its way in there! Gary somehow.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 02 Feb 2021 17:08, edited 2 times in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Compare Robert Tonyan to Rob Gronkowski in 2020.

Compare Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Antonio Brown in 2020.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Feb 2021 16:47
Compare Robert Tonyan to Rob Gronkowski in 2020.

Compare Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Antonio Brown in 2020.
the point was Brady asked for those players, and Ariens and Tampa FO said OK we'll get you those players because we respect who you are, Rodgers didn't ask for anything, and got a back up RB, what a deal, oh and a rookie clip board holder :rotf: