Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Feb 2021 13:00
NCF wrote:
03 Feb 2021 12:47
APB wrote:
03 Feb 2021 12:33
Who here was in favor or it? NOBODY!

The difference here is the forum at large, after voicing collective displeasure, have MOVED ON. Unlike you. And now, you've twisted our moving on in your own mind as supporting the pick and being homers. FFS nothing is further from the truth.
Yep. I didn't like the pick, either... but, I loved the prospect (and still do). Plus, I feel like we already learned our lesson with hero-worshipping Favre. Rodgers came in and life went on... and brilliantly so. Maybe the same thing happens, maybe it doesn't, but you can better believe I am rooting for Love if and when he gets his chance. WTF wouldn't you?
:clap: :clap:
OMG, there are 5 QB's in this class that you would like just as much, Love according to draft sites I read said he's raw, and needs a lot of coaching up, it's why he never even suited up this year, couldn't unseat Boyle, sure some day he may be great, but the same can be said for the top 4 or 5 from just about every draft class, what was such a rush that we needed to take one last year? lack of faith in Rodgers? :idn:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

So Gutey compared picking Love to what we have done quite often over the years, specifically mentioning Hasselbeck, Brooks, Flynn and others. I'll go back further with Detmer and Brunnell although Favre wasn't HOF worthy back then. I didn't get the trade up for Love but I do know most of this forum was saying how Rodgers digressed the last few years so maybe they didn't have the confidence he would play at this level anymore. He proved them wrong.

If Rodgers blew out his knee in week 2, everyone would be saying what a genius Gutey was for picking Love. If Love was truly the top player on their board then I say kudos for sticking to their philosophy. We will never know for sure if he was, though.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

packman114 wrote:
03 Feb 2021 14:02
We will never know for sure if he was, though.
I think it is pretty evident he was the top of their board because they traded up to get him.

What is unknown now is the effectiveness of their scouting and evaluation. But I have no doubt he was the top of their board.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Feb 2021 13:30
go pak go wrote:
03 Feb 2021 13:00
NCF wrote:
03 Feb 2021 12:47

Yep. I didn't like the pick, either... but, I loved the prospect (and still do). Plus, I feel like we already learned our lesson with hero-worshipping Favre. Rodgers came in and life went on... and brilliantly so. Maybe the same thing happens, maybe it doesn't, but you can better believe I am rooting for Love if and when he gets his chance. WTF wouldn't you?
:clap: :clap:
OMG, there are 5 QB's in this class that you would like just as much, Love according to draft sites I read said he's raw, and needs a lot of coaching up, it's why he never even suited up this year, couldn't unseat Boyle, sure some day he may be great, but the same can be said for the top 4 or 5 from just about every draft class, what was such a rush that we needed to take one last year? lack of faith in Rodgers? :idn:
I mean that's the Packer way. We have been a quarterback first team my whole life. Is it right? Is it wrong? That's up to the individual person.

What I do know is we have had very good success with our quarterbacks whether they have started and played for GB or elsewhere. What I also know is lots of other teams take top 4 or 5 prospects every year but that doesn't mean those top 4 or 5 prospects are good or pan out.

So no. I don't lump all top 4 or 5 QB prospects in the same bucket and I also don't look at draft work or scouts work only on a player and say yay or nay.

I don't do that because I learned my lesson from 2005. You never know what you got but I the Packers method at this point has earned my trust because their track record is pretty good at this thing.

Gute however did miss on Kiser. And we should keep note of that.

And finally, doesn't change the fact that this team was good enough to win the SB but the team didn't. And that's a players thing and a coaches thing. We could honestly say the 2016 team wasn't deserving to be where it got and the blowout wasn't unexpected. I can't say that for the 2020 Packers. They deserved to be there. They deserved to win it and they simply didn't do it.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Guess our MVP QB is engaged now?? Lol he dropped that so casually.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Feb 2021 21:48
If it’s Shailene Woodley, as rumored, major, major props to our MVP. She’s a stone cold fox.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
06 Feb 2021 21:54
Drj820 wrote:
06 Feb 2021 21:48
If it’s Shailene Woodley, as rumored, major, major props to our MVP. She’s a stone cold fox.
That was classic rodgers. Drop an Easter egg right in the bread basket and surprise the defense.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Soon to be Mrs. MVP?
image.png
image.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 393 times
RIP JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Feb 2021 21:59
Interesting. My friend who knows QBs (who history has shown to have only missed the Trubisky year as all of his calls before that year and after that year have been solid) has been saying this whole time that Allen deserved a lot of MVP votes.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I love how fans were shown how stupid they really are.

All year on Facebook fans are convinced Aaron Rodgers being single = Aaron Rodgers playing awesome. And at minimum...Aaron Rodgers shouldn't be dating actresses.

Then when Rodgers wins MVP he lets the whole world know he is engaged. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
07 Feb 2021 07:10

All year on Facebook fans are convinced Aaron Rodgers being single = Aaron Rodgers playing awesome. And at minimum...Aaron Rodgers shouldn't be dating actresses.

come on man, everyone knows we lost the NFCCG because of Danaca Patrick, everyone :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
07 Feb 2021 07:31
go pak go wrote:

come on man, everyone knows we lost the NFCCG because of Danaca Patrick, everyone :lol:
Olivia Munn still enemy number 1. ;)
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Let's repeat the trifecta.

Brett Favre - 1996/97

Win MVP
Get Married
Win Super Bowl

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
06 Feb 2021 22:28
Soon to be Mrs. MVP?
image.png
Very pretty. He does seem to favor brunettes over blondes...

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Well deserved MVP. :beer2: :clap: :cheer: :guitar: :worship:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:

He just met her on Thursday so last season doesn't count. ;)