Superbowl LV Game Day Thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheGreenMan wrote:
07 Feb 2021 20:50
Mahomes looks better on this drive, but he has no power, not stepping into his throws at all.
I think he can't step into them because of a bad toe that he has to have surgery on after this game.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Defense wins championships. Tampa is the latest evidence. Does anyone doubt that ANY Top 10 NFL-QB would have won with such a team?

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Total scam. Their whole so-called "championship" is a scam built on bad officiating. But it just goes to show- you need defenders who are willing to mug the pass-catchers and then dare the refs to call anything in the playoffs.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Also interesting that KC got beaten by TB worse than any NFC team. I really do think we would have beaten them. I also think we beat TB 6-7 times out of 10. This year was our chance and I expect teams like LA and SF, and possibly Carolina, to take giant steps forward next year, and TB should only get better. Luckily I expect Chicago, Minnesota, and Detroit to get even worse.

We'll be in the running for the top seed again but it will be tougher next year I think. I really hope this new D Coordinator is good.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
08 Feb 2021 00:17
Also interesting that KC got beaten by TB worse than any NFC team. I really do think we would have beaten them. I also think we beat TB 6-7 times out of 10. This year was our chance and I expect teams like LA and SF, and possibly Carolina, to take giant steps forward next year, and TB should only get better. Luckily I expect Chicago, Minnesota, and Detroit to get even worse.

We'll be in the running for the top seed again but it will be tougher next year I think. I really hope this new D Coordinator is good.
I think we will be even better next year. Losing Kevin King is addition by subtraction. Ive been telling the people of this forum hes garbage for years. You just cant trust him not to get beat over the top and I think thats why Pettine played him so far off most of the year. The special teams cant be worse than last season. Youve gotta expect us to make a jump there.

I think our entire TE group makes a big jump this year. Our LB should take a good jump too between Martin and Barnes getting better.

Savage will take that step into pro bowl territory I think. He really played better on the season after I called him out after the Colts game. Im such a motivator of men. If he ever gets his head out of his and learns to tackle he really is a complete all pro caliber. Until he gets that part of his game down though he is a total liability tackling in space.

Gary should finally pull it all together next season as a pass rusher. Hes got the skills and technique down now to go with his athleticism. He just needs to learn another good move to work with his bull rush and hes stepping into elite territory.

Its such a shame we arent going to have a 1st round pick taking that 2nd year jump. What a colossal failure by the front office to make the idiotic Love pick. They need to hope for a sucker to offer something for him.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Feb 2021 00:42
texas wrote:

I think we will be even better next year. Losing Kevin King is addition by subtraction. Ive been telling the people of this forum hes garbage for years. You just cant trust him not to get beat over the top and I think thats why Pettine played him so far off most of the year. The special teams cant be worse than last season. Youve gotta expect us to make a jump there.

I think our entire TE group makes a big jump this year. Our LB should take a good jump too between Martin and Barnes getting better.

Savage will take that step into pro bowl territory I think. He really played better on the season after I called him out after the Colts game. Im such a motivator of men. If he ever gets his head out of his and learns to tackle he really is a complete all pro caliber. Until he gets that part of his game down though he is a total liability tackling in space.

Gary should finally pull it all together next season as a pass rusher. Hes got the skills and technique down now to go with his athleticism. He just needs to learn another good move to work with his bull rush and hes stepping into elite territory.

Its such a shame we arent going to have a 1st round pick taking that 2nd year jump. What a colossal failure by the front office to make the idiotic Love pick. They need to hope for a sucker to offer something for him.
I got shot down hard for suggesting this before but I still fail to understand the logic. If being in the Packers system for a full year restored AR to MVP, why wouldn't it be good for Jordan Love also? If starting as a rookie is a great way to ruin a QB, why would sitting and learning from the best be bad for Jordan Love? Love has the physical attributes to be a top 5 NFL QB, nobody denies that. He has leadership qualities and was always respected by his teammates, nobody denies that. Why, now is he worth less than he was year ago? Because Boyle was listed as the #2 QB - I fail to understand how that is relevant? Boyle got to play in preseasons, Boyle beat out 2 experienced QB's one of which was the 4th QB drafted in 2017 and Hundley who won 3 of 6 games as a Packer starter. Boyle is not chopped liver and he knows the Packer system better than Love or any other QB not named Rodgers can know it, especially because there was no pre-season last summer. So why isn't Love worth substantially MORE now than he was a year ago? fyi, both Hundley and Kizer are still in the NFL and Hundley beat Seattle in 2020 when he had to play.
Last edited by TheSkeptic on 08 Feb 2021 02:27, edited 1 time in total.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

German_Panzer wrote:
07 Feb 2021 23:47
Defense wins championships. Tampa is the latest evidence. Does anyone doubt that ANY Top 10 NFL-QB would have won with such a team?
Exact same as Broncos with Manning.
Unstoppable def and put playmakers around on off have the vet game manager.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

TheSkeptic wrote:
08 Feb 2021 02:15
lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:

I got shot down hard for suggesting this before but I still fail to understand the logic. If being in the Packers system for a full year restored AR to MVP, why wouldn't it be good for Jordan Love also? If starting as a rookie is a great way to ruin a QB, why would sitting and learning from the best be bad for Jordan Love? Love has the physical attributes to be a top 5 NFL QB, nobody denies that. He has leadership qualities and was always respected by his teammates, nobody denies that. Why, now is he worth less than he was year ago? Because Boyle was listed as the #2 QB - I fail to understand how that is relevant? Boyle got to play in preseasons, Boyle beat out 2 experienced QB's one of which was the 4th QB drafted in 2017 and Hundley who won 3 of 6 games as a Packer starter. Boyle is not chopped liver and he knows the Packer system better than Love or any other QB not named Rodgers can know it, especially because there was no pre-season last summer. So why isn't Love worth substantially MORE now than he was a year ago? fyi, both Hundley and Kizer are still in the NFL and Hundley beat Seattle in 2020 when he had to play.
Hundley and Kizer may be in the NFL but they have no value.

You need somebody who values Love as much as our front office did and makes the initial move. If we were to offer him up now the question becomes, 'what is wrong with him?' Why would we want to give him up? Is it more than making AR happy? Nobody has seen him do anything for a year they can't assess where he is. If there is a QB Sahara other than duh bares you might find a willing trade partner but they either have to be totally desparate or really have loved him in the draft. We spent a 1 and 4 on him. Other than Favre I don't remember anybody trading more for a 3rd stringer.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
07 Feb 2021 22:57
go pak go wrote:
07 Feb 2021 14:14
I don't want to watch the game.
I think I watched about 10 minutes total of this game. Now that Brady has another ring the slobbering by the talking heads over him is going to be even more insufferable... :P
I mean honestly though. 10 SBs. 7 Rings. Like what... 5 SB MVPs?

Tom Brady has more Championships than basically every franchise in the league. And he did it during the FA era (essentially after like 1994). No other QB or team in the era has more than 2 for the exception of the Broncos who have 3 SBs.

Simply and utterly amazing. And I hate him so very much. Nobody's life should be that good.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What made this SB really hard watch was knowing the Packers were likely holding the Lombardi if just one play went our way in the Conference Championship game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

What happened with Tampa Bay this year is the beginning of the end for pro football. It will become just like the NBA where star players will time their contracts and pick the place they want to play together to go get their championships. As for Brady, he is good but you also have to be lucky to win Super Bowls and get a break here or there. Most went his way but some didn't.

I still refuse to call anyone the greatest of all time because the game is not the same. How would Brady have done in the 50-60s smoking a cigarette at halftime and working a real job during the offseason? How would Otto Graham or Johnny Unitas do today with all the science and workout regimens? Just a waste of time and clickbait for me.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
08 Feb 2021 06:23
TheSkeptic wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Hundley and Kizer may be in the NFL but they have no value.

You need somebody who values Love as much as our front office did and makes the initial move. If we were to offer him up now the question becomes, 'what is wrong with him?' Why would we want to give him up? Is it more than making AR happy? Nobody has seen him do anything for a year they can't assess where he is. If there is a QB Sahara other than duh bares you might find a willing trade partner but they either have to be totally desparate or really have loved him in the draft. We spent a 1 and 4 on him. Other than Favre I don't remember anybody trading more for a 3rd stringer.
ya have to wonder how many GM's where thinking of taking him had we not moved up for him, I'am sure Guty thought there where a few or he would have stayed at slot 30 and taken him then, and we can be sure that most GM's checked out Love pre draft, so those grades are still relevent now.

still for Guty to trade him for what we paid isn't likely to happen, a move like that would say Guty made a mistake to take him in the first place, so I can't picture it happening.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
08 Feb 2021 07:10

Tom Brady has more Championships than basically every franchise in the league. And he did it during the FA era (essentially after like 1994). No other QB or team in the era has more than 2 for the exception of the Broncos who have 3 SBs.

Simply and utterly amazing. And I hate him so very much. Nobody's life should be that good.
Tom Brady is the player I loved to hate. The more I learn about Tom Brady the person, the more that goes away.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
08 Feb 2021 07:10
Pugger wrote:
07 Feb 2021 22:57
go pak go wrote:
07 Feb 2021 14:14
I don't want to watch the game.
I think I watched about 10 minutes total of this game. Now that Brady has another ring the slobbering by the talking heads over him is going to be even more insufferable... :P

I don't hate the guy but I'm sick of hearing about him. It is just as bad watching golf if Tiger is in a tournament. They slobber all over him and show every stinking shot he takes even when he is far down the leaderboard.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't hate Tom Brady the person.

I just hate that he has so much success. There are "lot's" of good guys in this universe. I think I am a good guy. So why can't I have a tiny of happiness and have the Packers win ONE of the year that Tom Brady won it? ;)
Yoop wrote:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Feb 2021 09:28
I don't hate Tom Brady the person.

I just hate that he has so much success. There are "lot's" of good guys in this universe. I think I am a good guy. So why can't I have a tiny of happiness and have the Packers win ONE of the year that Tom Brady won it? ;)
I don't even mind him winning SBs (OK, maybe a little bit). He is a great QB, and contributed positively to those wins. But I hate that the legend has grown to such absurd levels that ALL the credit is given to him, as if Brady soloed his way into those wins. It's sorta disrespectful to other players on those teams. Brady does not win this most recent one without the D playing lights out.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

texas wrote:
08 Feb 2021 00:15
Total scam. Their whole so-called "championship" is a scam built on bad officiating. But it just goes to show- you need defenders who are willing to mug the pass-catchers and then dare the refs to call anything in the playoffs.
So, Kevin King.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
08 Feb 2021 09:51
texas wrote:
08 Feb 2021 00:15
So, Kevin King.
Post of the year!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

TheSkeptic wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:

I think a lot of it goes back on an increasing feeling that Love will not even take a snap in Green Bay barring injury. It doesn't help matters when your current starter played out of his mind on the way to winning an MVP. And the front office coming out to throw water on the smoking fire after the season ended, all but sealing Love's fate in Green Bay.

It's in hindsight thought, but to someone who wasn't a fan of the pick back in April.... It makes it all the more reason why his value here to the team is even more diminishing.

Now, to another team.... Different story.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Favre was still playing at an elite level for 2 years after we drafted Rodgers. Had he not "retired" I'm pretty sure he would have been our starter (unless AR beats him out in TC) in 2008. I'm not suggesting Love will be as good as Rodgers is but AR did benefit big time sitting behind BF. I'm hoping Love will too.