JJ Watt

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
17 Feb 2021 00:44
APB wrote:
16 Feb 2021 20:47
Yoop wrote:
16 Feb 2021 18:36

get serious, both Hayward and Hyde had a good season for there new teams and have been average ever sense, real funny grunt.
:roll: :thwap: :idn:

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/c ... ecade-2020

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/06 ... ty-tandem/
I looked it up, Hayward had two very good season, Hyde, one, nice try. you guys went hog wild over a couple season in a scheme that fit both better,

Lupe: Damereous Randall has as good of stats as Hyde, you slam all Teds draft picks using hindsight and a stat sheet as though that makes you smart or something.
Let me guess...you looked at their seasonal stat lines? You know, the all-definitive stat lines that lead you to conclude HHCD was a superstar because he made tackles downfield off mostly his own blown coverages and caught a few overthrown passes from crappy QBs?

I guess by your definition, Jaire Alexander is a average, too... :roll:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
17 Feb 2021 05:17
Yoop wrote:
17 Feb 2021 00:44
I looked it up, Hayward had two very good season, Hyde, one, nice try. you guys went hog wild over a couple season in a scheme that fit both better,

Lupe: Damereous Randall has as good of stats as Hyde, you slam all Teds draft picks using hindsight and a stat sheet as though that makes you smart or something.
Let me guess...you looked at their seasonal stat lines? You know, the all-definitive stat lines that lead you to conclude HHCD was a superstar because he made tackles downfield off mostly his own blown coverages and caught a few overthrown passes from crappy QBs?

I guess by your definition, Jaire Alexander is a average, too... :roll:
never said Dix was a super star, simply that for his first 2.5 years he was better then Hyde, you aught to read what I write versus having a pre determined disposition to disagree, and I'am not the guy that uses stats to define my position, in fact it's stats of both Hayward and Hyde two best season after leaving GB that have you believing they've always been great.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Hyde primarily played corner.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Feb 2021 08:03
Hyde primarily played corner.
yep, he rotated with Hayward in the slot, Hayward had 3 seasons with 20 PD's, one with us, and his first two with SD, since then he's been basically average, Hyde lost the starting safety job to Dix around the 5th game of Dix's rookie season, and never took it back, went to Buffalo and had a excellent first season at safety, however sense then has been basically average.

I contend scheme changes helped both players initially, and it may just be scheme adjustments that has leveled there ability.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/draft-miss ... 11371.html

Over a four-year stretch between 2015 and 2018, the Packers used five first- or second-round picks on the cornerback position, including four picks in the top 50. Of the five, only one – All-Pro Jaire Alexander – is a hit. The others? Well, they represent the reason why cornerback remains a perpetual need in Green Bay.

ouch

Randall was the 30th pick in 2015. Rollins was 62nd in 2015. King was 33rd in 2017. Jackson was 45th in 2018. That’s a lot of draft capital to see go to waste, especially at one position. The Packers really should have one of the deepest cornerback groups in football. Instead, they’ll have to use more draft capital – or precious salary cap dollars – in another attempt to fix the position over the next few months.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

How the hell did a JJ Watt thread turn into comparing HHCD, Hyde, and Hayward?
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
17 Feb 2021 08:47
I think you know... :rotf:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
17 Feb 2021 08:47

well it seemed to start 3 pages back with this, and kept going because this is the only thread being posted on

maybe we should sticky a post for Lupe's hatred for Thompson and all his missed draft picks.

seriously is there any new news about JJ Watt????? ya can't expect people to stay on topic when the topic has been silent.

lupedafiasco
Reactions: 244
Post by lupedafiasco » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:00 pm

NCF wrote: ↑Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:56 pm
NCF wrote: ↑Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:13 am
Let's all get our hopes up super high so it hurts more later!!

:waiting:
Not signing Watt wouldn’t be the most egregious blunder the Packers ever made. Not trading peanuts for Randy Moss would take that cake... I can still remember the homers who said they would rather have James Jones. Loved JJ but that is just up there with the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

It was a joke yoop. I know how these things go with you guys. :lol:

I don't think JJ will look to move fast. He's got a ton of interest. No reason to rush and let the best deal reveal itself. I know he wants to win, but I could just as easily see him take a fat deal from a team people aren't talking about as much that has room and could be on the rise. Dolphins, Bengals, Jaguars, Colts, Jets.

Steelers are hurting as much as we are cap wise with less opportunity to fix it. But the brother thing is intriguing I'm sure.
Bucs are an easy pick to try to win now.

I still think we are in the running, but we'll offer less than just about any other team. But coming home and a chance to win might help.

If I were to bet, I'd say the Bucs with Dolphins and Colts as next best bets. Though Colts it really depends on their QB situation. If they find a way to get Watson, that puts them over the top.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
17 Feb 2021 09:31
It was a joke yoop. I know how these things go with you guys. :lol:

I don't think JJ will look to move fast. He's got a ton of interest. No reason to rush and let the best deal reveal itself. I know he wants to win, but I could just as easily see him take a fat deal from a team people aren't talking about as much that has room and could be on the rise. Dolphins, Bengals, Jaguars, Colts, Jets.

Steelers are hurting as much as we are cap wise with less opportunity to fix it. But the brother thing is intriguing I'm sure.
Bucs are an easy pick to try to win now.

I still think we are in the running, but we'll offer less than just about any other team. But coming home and a chance to win might help.

If I were to bet, I'd say the Bucs with Dolphins and Colts as next best bets. Though Colts it really depends on their QB situation. If they find a way to get Watson, that puts them over the top.
I figured that Paco, but I just wanted to clear this up, true I get involved with these discussions, but rarely am I the guy that starts the train going off track.

I'd love to get JJ Watt, however the longer this drags out makes me think Money does matter to him, and we don't have a lot to spare.

I don't understand all this cap stuff like you younger guys, and just spiffing here, but do we have to wait till the new cap year to get a lesser dead cap hit cutting Prestine Smith etc. I mean could that play a part for the reason we havn't already signed him?

I still think players with kids want to be home each day, so his wife playing for Chicago to me is relevent.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Seems to be enjoying his experience, at least.

Read More. Post Less.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

williewasgreat wrote:
15 Feb 2021 05:09
texas wrote:
14 Feb 2021 19:43
I boiled down what it is I am looking for on defense to an easier question: if we're down by several scores, are our guys going to hang their head on the bench or are they going to start swinging punches at the other team? I want the latter. Some of the enduring images of our at this point numerous NFCCG meltdowns have been our players on the bench with a sort of stoic or shellshocked look on their faces.

So I want to know if JJ is going to be the guy that starts cheap shotting their offensive players after the play is over. If so then welcome aboard.
You certainly don't need to "cheap shot" players after the play is over to show toughness and aggressiveness. That is a horse$*%! way to play football and proves nothing! While I think the Packers defense is too soft, this method of playing is not at all necessary to be tough.
idk man, all the good defenses seem to do this

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

not good news, Cleveland is the top runner to get Watt, plus I didn't know he wants about the same dollars as he was getting in Houston, 17 mil and change, thats twice what it would cost to keep Jones, or extend Adams, or 3 Linsleys, sorta leds me to believe it's not possible, to bad I was really warming up to JJ, would have really turned our DL into something special. :cry:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/j-j-watt-mos ... 48568.html

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Yoop wrote:
17 Feb 2021 17:04
not good news, Cleveland is the top runner to get Watt, plus I didn't know he wants about the same dollars as he was getting in Houston, 17 mil and change, thats twice what it would cost to keep Jones, or extend Adams, or 3 Linsleys, sorta leds me to believe it's not possible, to bad I was really warming up to JJ, would have really turned our DL into something special. :cry:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/j-j-watt-mos ... 48568.html
Yahoo news is pretty much a gossip forum. As for what Watt want's to be paid, I'm sure Gutey has a number he's comfortable with and he won't break the bank. As nice as it would be to have a player such as Watt, he's not the top priority.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
17 Feb 2021 11:14
Seems to be enjoying his experience, at least.

I have a feeling he is getting a lot of suitors.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

JJ appears to have tweeted a clue today.

“Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell”

Mi..to..ch? Da bears??

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

lake shark wrote:
23 Feb 2021 17:45

Mi..to..ch? Da bears??
I can’t imagine he’d pick a team on the brink of falling apart and their offense is god awful.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Mitch is the powerhouse of suck.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Feb 2021 19:04
lake shark wrote:
23 Feb 2021 17:45

Mi..to..ch? Da bears??
I can’t imagine he’d pick a team on the brink of falling apart and their offense is god awful.
Doesn't his wife play there? If he's searching for a ring he better play as long as Brady has...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We are a very short drive away from chi