Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Christo wrote:
06 Mar 2021 17:53
APB wrote:
06 Mar 2021 13:27
Christo wrote:
06 Mar 2021 13:07

You make it sound as if GPS is accurate to the inch, it's not.
In a small environment such as a football field, you absolutely can make it accurate down to the inch.

Edit: You wouldn't use geosynchronous satellites, obviously, but it's basically the same technology.
And what's the cost for this? Because as a tax payer I'm getting of picking up the tab for all of this nonsense.

If anyone here really thinks the owners are going to pay for this is insane.
Well, you are already paying for the satellites.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Raptorman wrote:
06 Mar 2021 22:33
Christo wrote:
APB wrote:

In a small environment such as a football field, you absolutely can make it accurate down to the inch.

Edit: You wouldn't use geosynchronous satellites, obviously, but it's basically the same technology.
And what's the cost for this? Because as a tax payer I'm getting tired of picking up the tab for all of this nonsense.

Well, you are already paying for the satellites.
So that justifies burning through more money because the billionaire owners can't come up with the bucks to implement it.

P.S. none of what this would fix will remove the horrible officials from the field. They would still be out there making bad calls. They just won't be spotting the ball.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Christo wrote:
APB wrote:
Christo wrote:
06 Mar 2021 13:07

You make it sound as if GPS is accurate to the inch, it's not.

And what's the cost for this? Because as a tax payer I'm getting of picking up the tab for all of this nonsense.

Cost to you? Well, I guess that depends on how much NFL merchandise you purchase. The cost to you as a taxpayer would be zero. And no, I'm not insane.

Systems like we're talking are already developed and in use in industry. It's similar to the GPS system currently employed globally only you'd place your "satellite" receivers strategically around the stadium - you only need 4 (5 for safety net/precision positioning) - and place a transmitter chip in the footballs themselves. We're not talking exorbitant amounts of money, either. These systems are well within the multi-billion dollar annual budget of the NFL.

Here's a simple diagram of how the system would be employed. The "drone" in this instance would be the football:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean if my dad's $499 annual subscription of our farming GPS units can get our field cultivator and corn planter within 2 inches in the field in the middle of the nowhere, I think the NFL can figure out the ball spotting rules for a reasonable budget.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

go pak go wrote:
07 Mar 2021 09:00
I mean if my dad's $499 annual subscription of our farming GPS units can get our field cultivator and corn planter within 2 inches in the field in the middle of the nowhere, I think the NFL can figure out the ball spotting rules for a reasonable budget.
OK, I guess I'm wrong. But if it's so simple and easy, why won't the NFL put this in place.
Unless of course they don't want to because they want the drama and controversy that fuels the 24/7 sports stations and stories about what if's and what might have been if the correct spot had been made?

And none of this removes the bad officials from the game. Until better and competent ones are put in there, expect more bad calls.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Sounds like Preston Smith's name has come up in trade talks. Obviously much better than trading him.

We already have an anticipated 10 picks right now in the draft, if bump that up to 11, I kind of like where that will lead, being real aggressive moving up, maybe day 2 or early day 3 once or twice. Perhaps move a couple of picks for someone like Stephon Gilmore, Andy Herman had a nice video breaking down how and why that trade could make sense for us.

Hell, I'd give them Preston and a day 3 pick for Gilmore.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I doubt we get anything for Preston. It's worth a try, but he'll be a release, like most will.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
08 Mar 2021 08:41
I doubt we get anything for Preston. It's worth a try, but he'll be a release, like most will.
Fortunately we can take Jordan Smith (UAB) and Everson Smith (Northern Iowa) as smaller school projects-with-traits edge rushers in rounds 3/4 and 6/7 and keep a unit of Smith brothers in tact with or without Preston.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Mar 2021 09:01
paco wrote:
Fortunately we can take Jordan Smith (UAB) and Everson Smith (Northern Iowa) as smaller school projects-with-traits edge rushers in rounds 3/4 and 6/7 and keep a unit of Smith brothers in tact with or without Preston.
Ha, at first I was going to be like just no, you can not replace Preston Smith's value in rounds 3/4, clown talk. Then I got the joke. :lol:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
We would be the ones that would have to give up something for another team to pick up that contract.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Dak signs with the Cowboys 4 yrs 160M/126 guaranteed.

I was expecting them to move on and be a surprise team to move up. This is an Andy Dalton like crippling move. Dak is pretty good with talent around him but he is not an elite QB. We are going to see that offensive talent dwindle and I think the Cowboys are out on this deal in 3 years to rebuild.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

The Titans drafted DL Isaiah Wilson in the 1st round of 2020 draft. They have now traded him to the Dolphins for a swap of 7th rounders. :messedup:

Now that's what you call a BUST.

Is this the kind of A-hole you're looking for our D, [mention]texas[/mention] ?
Wilson, who turned 22 last month, played only four snaps as a rookie. His first season included a DUI arrest, a suspension for violating team rules, a pair of stints on the reserve/COVID-19 list and placement on the non-football illness list to work on personal issues.

Titans General Manager Jon Robinson recently said Wilson must “make a determination” if he wants to play pro football. Soon after, Wilson posted and deleted a tweet saying he was done playing for the Titans.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Haven’t seen numbers yet.

I’ll go 4 for 156.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

4 for 160

Damn, and just like that, Aaron at 33.5 per is already a bargain.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
08 Mar 2021 21:15
4 for 160

Damn, and just like that, Aaron at 33.5 per is already a bargain.
Pretty much guaranteed three years at $126M unless they cut him after this season. That would end up being a one year $75M deal for Prescott.

Holy $%@# &%$@!!

:shock:

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
08 Mar 2021 19:49
The Titans drafted DL Isaiah Wilson in the 1st round of 2020 draft. They have now traded him to the Dolphins for a swap of 7th rounders. :messedup:

Now that's what you call a BUST.

Is this the kind of A-hole you're looking for our D, @texas ?
Wilson, who turned 22 last month, played only four snaps as a rookie. His first season included a DUI arrest, a suspension for violating team rules, a pair of stints on the reserve/COVID-19 list and placement on the non-football illness list to work on personal issues.

Titans General Manager Jon Robinson recently said Wilson must “make a determination” if he wants to play pro football. Soon after, Wilson posted and deleted a tweet saying he was done playing for the Titans.
Honestly I was sorta hoping we made that deal and gave us a boom or bust RT option with 3 years left on a rookie deal and an opportunity to see if we had the culture fit and coaching to turn him around. Sometimes the ego shot of having a team give up on you turns someone around. Often it doesn't.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Wow, just popped over to PFT and there has been a bunch of small football news the past few days. Free agency is arriving!!

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Lots of stuff today with the tag due

Godwin getting tag

Cam Robinson a suprise tag

Rumblings of Preston on trading block. Idk what we would get

The move that needs to happen is getting gilmore to GB. 7 mil cap hit. Thats peanuts for the DPOTY in 19. Him and jaire best duo by a mile.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
09 Mar 2021 11:35
The move that needs to happen is getting gilmore to GB. 7 mil cap hit. Thats peanuts for the DPOTY in 19.
I have heard a few rumblings about this. What is the logic in NE moving him? They do not need the cap space, right?

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

No idea what he'll command, but could be an interesting pickup for us.
RIP JustJeff