General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Can't wait to trade all our 4th rounders to move up in the 1st round....

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
10 Mar 2021 14:09
Or have Gutey do a séance with TT's ghost to find the future at OL with those 4ths.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Mar 2021 14:12
BF004 wrote:
10 Mar 2021 14:09
Or have Gutey do a séance with TT's ghost to find the future at OL with those 4ths.
That was my first thought as well! Ha!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Andy Herman made the point that the Packers don't have space for 10 rookie draft picks on the roster this year.

With that being said, it may make sense to trade up a few times. Certainly picking higher in Round 4 would be easy and we have ammo to do it.

But we also could really maximize our picks in that 30 to 100 range. Wouldn't be mad at all if we have 4 top 100 picks.

Also wouldn't be mad if we used some picks to net us a Stephen Gilmore.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
10 Mar 2021 16:48
Andy Herman made the point that the Packers don't have space for 10 rookie draft picks on the roster this year.

With that being said, it may make sense to trade up a few times. Certainly picking higher in Round 4 would be easy and we have ammo to do it.

But we also could really maximize our picks in that 30 to 100 range. Wouldn't be mad at all if we have 4 top 100 picks.

That doesn't make any sense. Rookie contracts after the first two rounds are basically the minimum. And if we're going to backload contracts into 22-24 in order to make this year work, we're going to want/need MORE rookie contracts on the books, not less. We should trade back and make 12 picks this year. We should maximize picks in each of the next 3 years. We can't afford not to.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Mar 2021 16:51
go pak go wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. Rookie contracts after the first two rounds are basically the minimum. And if we're going to backload contracts into 22-24 in order to make this year work, we're going to want/need MORE rookie contracts on the books, not less. We should trade back and make 12 picks this year. We should maximize picks in each of the next 3 years. We can't afford not to.
I believe he, and Andy, were implying we don't have the roster space for 10 rookies. Not about the $$.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

BF004 wrote:
10 Mar 2021 20:14
YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Mar 2021 16:51
go pak go wrote:

I believe he, and Andy, were implying we don't have the roster space for 10 rookies. Not about the $$.
I don't thinks it's all that crazy to expect 10 new players on the roster next year. Right now they have to replace Jones, Linsley, Williams. King, Wagner and Kirksey. That's 6 right there. Throw in a new long snapper and Maybe a punter. The team is going to have many new faces next season.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I will be there if that is the case!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Tickets? Pre-order?

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

[mention]Packfntk[/mention] said you are welcome to crash at his house if you are coming into town.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
11 Mar 2021 15:16
@Packfntk said you are welcome to crash at his house if you are coming into town.
I think you mis-heard me. I said anyone could stay at YOUR house. :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Packfntk wrote:
11 Mar 2021 15:21
BF004 wrote:
11 Mar 2021 15:16
@Packfntk said you are welcome to crash at his house if you are coming into town.
I think you mis-heard me. I said anyone could stay at YOUR house. :lol:
I'll take yard space, an accessible water spigot and a BYO tent if it comes down to it...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

If you haven't yet, good read about MVS by Ty Dunne.
https://www.golongtd.com/p/why-you-must ... uez-valdes
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

paco wrote:
12 Mar 2021 11:16
good stuff. I remember when MVS first arrived and there was a report out about how he sat down and re-wrote the playbook by hand as a means of learning it all quickly and thoroughly. Then your read about his comments about getting on the same page with all of AR's non-verbal gestures and adjustments and it really shines a light on how steep the learning curve is to be a productive WR in GB. Luke Getsy took on MVS as a special project and is doing great work with him too- extra sessions after practice. High hopes for him in 2021
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

There is nobody that makes me happier to see be successful on the field than Marquez Valdez Scantling and Rashan Gary.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
as a old GB native and Packer fan it rocked me to the core when I heard MVS received death threats, what a turn off, to think some fans feel so entitled that they can actually threaten a player like that is enough to make a fan give up the sport, but then these goons win.

this could be a huge year for MVS, not just because it's a contract season, but also that he's built more chemistry with Rodgers and improved all the technical aspects of his position plus he has the speed that forces over the top support, looking forward to the 4th season of MVS.

thanks for the article, good read.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Mar 2021 12:27
There is nobody that makes me happier to see be successful on the field than Marquez Valdez Scantling and Rashan Gary.
what about Savage? or how about the clip board holding capability's of Jorden Love. :lol:

actually it's because a 12 slotter aught to be very good, and prior to there 2nd season, and I called MVS one of three stooges, w2hich says more about who picked them then the actual players, we needed instant help at WR that year, not groomers.
I'am just as happy as you to see both players doing well, you mistook every comment I made back then.
Last edited by Yoop on 12 Mar 2021 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
Good article!

This bit has to be exaggerated though:
As Valdes-Scantling explains, the Packers typically have two plays called in the huddle. All 11 players step up to the line and if Rodgers believes both plays LaFleur sent in won’t work, he’ll call something else. The QB will change the protection, the play, the routes with an audible and/or a hand signal and… you better as hell know what you’re doing as a receiver in real time.

“You’ve got three seconds,” Valdes-Scantling says. “And the ball’s coming.”

Rodgers has even audibled to pre-LaFleur plays the Packers haven’t run since ‘18.
I don't think Dunne meant to write it that way. I have no doubt that by mixing and matching formations, routes, and protections Rodgers could configure something that looks the same as a pre-LaFleur play, but Rodgers can't just literally call a pre-LaFleur play in the huddle. Guys would be like, "What is 'Joker'? We don't have that word in the playbook!"

Cool bit:
Four series later, Rodgers hated the play call McCarthy sent in so he drew up his own on the fly. He told three receivers to line up to the left side and instructed “Quez” to motion to the right side and run a go route. He did. He caught it for 38 yards.
Risky for sure, but that's Johnny Unitas stuff right there
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
12 Mar 2021 12:37
go pak go wrote:
12 Mar 2021 12:27
what about Savage? or how about the clip board holding capability's of Jorden Love. :lol:

actually it's because a 12 slotter aught to be very good, and prior to there 2nd season, and I called MVS one of three stooges, w2hich says more about who picked them then the actual players, we needed instant help at WR that year, not groomers.
I'am just as happy as you to see both players doing well, you mistook every comment I made back then.
I actually root for them hard because they are fun people to root for. They are both humble. They both care tremendously and both work extremely hard. Both are incredibly talented and both have been knocked down on the football field and yes, the fans loved to trash on them early and often.

It's not because I like proving you wrong. It is much more due to them being very likable people.

And yes. I also love it when Savage does well too. And AJ Dillon. Honestly any of your young players doing well is always a lot of fun.
Yoop wrote: