General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Mar 2021 15:58
paco wrote:
15 Mar 2021 15:14
Love Yosh! Best athletic testing on our OL; solid tape at VaTech; accidentally hit on his girlfriend in DC one time.

Swing OT: FILLED :P
It's definitely his put up or shut up year. Excited to watch him this training camp and preseason for sure.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
15 Mar 2021 16:16
YoHoChecko wrote:
paco wrote:
15 Mar 2021 15:14
Love Yosh! Best athletic testing on our OL; solid tape at VaTech; accidentally hit on his girlfriend in DC one time.

It's definitely his put up or shut up year. Excited to watch him this training camp and preseason for sure.
It is year 3. Feels like he's been here for 10. But you expect him to make a jump this year and compete.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
15 Mar 2021 16:17
go pak go wrote:
15 Mar 2021 16:16
YoHoChecko wrote:

It is year 3. Feels like he's been here for 10. But you expect him to make a jump this year and compete.
Yes. I expect him to make a jump to compete for a backup tackle role that the team actually feels can play if needed.

Not talking starter here. :P Talking making a jump in Year 3 to be a legit #7/#8 offensive linemen and first man off the bench at Left Tackle.

I don't know what to expect for the first 6 weeks of the season or so. I am not expecting Yishman to be starter during that time. But if he's still a #9/#10 "development guy" at the end of camp this year....those guys usually don't make the roster after 3 tries.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Here are a series of 25 tweets from Anna Linsley, Corey's wife saying thank you and goodbye.

(1) A Love Letter to Green Bay:

(2) “Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.

(3) I have vague memories of the movie The Never Ending Story. I can’t recall the details or even tell you the characters' names, but I remember the gist. And it does sound nice to think a story will never end. Of course, we know that this is never the case.

(4) All great stories have endings. And while our story in Green Bay seems to be reaching its close, I choose to think it’s never-ending because each moment and memory is ours for the keeping.

But enough about endings, this story begins in 2013 leading up to the NFL draft...

(5) I’ll never forget a friend asking, “So, where does Corey really want to go play?” To be truthful, he never said, so my response was loosely based on his childhood fandom.

(6)“He doesn’t say, I guess Green Bay, that was his favorite team as a kid. But what does anyone even do in Green Bay? “Lift.” He replied. “Okay, what do significant others do in Green Bay?” “Lift.”

(7) Jokes on me because little did I know we’d soon find out, and I can say, that one thing I did happen to take up upon my arrival in Wisconsin was lifting – even though Corey was doing much more lifting than me.

(8) But, that’s not the only thing one does in the land of beer and cheese and it didn’t take long for us two Ohio kids to find out.

(9) Our first delve into the Green Bay community revolved around Corey’s bike kid, Travis Kohlbeck. Most of you diehards know the story, even though it truly was never intended to be that way.

(10) It quickly endeared Corey to the town and lucky for us, we now knew one entire family who quickly helped us acclimate to Green Bay. They welcomed to us into their home for our first Thanksgiving in the Frozen Tundra...

(11) and invited us to multiple birthdays and little league games thereafter, which is not the end of that story either, but it was a beautiful start.

(12) Thank you to the Kohlbeck family, and to the countless families who followed that helped make holidays away from home that much easier, who fed us meals, or looked after our dog, checked our mail while we were away...

(13) and took care of Seamus when called upon, you know the little things that you usually rely on your family for. So many of you stepped in without hesitation expecting nothing in return (okay maybe a few football related questions but I guess that’s expected).

(14) And to the many small businesses around town, who gave me the opportunity to fill my own cup with the things that I love and odds jobs, thank you. You all helped make Green Bay into the best home possible for us the last seven years. Thank you.

(15) To the Green Bay
@packers
Organization for giving us our first NFL home and letting us stick around for quite awhile. Thank you for providing the most amazing family programming that is beyond what we could have ever expected or imagined.

(16) Sherry Schuldes, can I pack you in my bag and take you with us? You are the best mother away from home to so many of us families who arrive in the Frozen Tundra. Your ability to help us navigate our way through NFL life and a new small town is truly a gift.

(17) There are not enough thank you cards or flowers to express what a blessing you are to me and countless others. Thank you for always being just a phone call away and working so hard to make everyone’s time in Green Bay exponentially more meaningful.

(18) To the player and coaches wives, some who I know will and have remained like the sisters I’ve never had, thank you for making highest of highs extra sweet (weddings, baby showers, big wins etc) and the most mundane of days that much brighter.

(19) For rallying around me and others during the tougher seasons life brings and celebrating all the victories in between. I will cherish our bond and the memories we’ve made forever.

(20) To the locker room, for keeping
@Linsley71
grounded and putting up with his sense of humor and trolling antics daily. I know the long days at the stadium were filled with much debate, many laughs, inside jokes and moments that he will not soon forget or share with me.

(21) To
@casabrowncounty
, for introducing yourselves to us and getting us involved in the most amazing of causes. For allowing us the opportunity to serve and trusting us to speak on behalf of the youth in our community that need a voice the most.
(22) Your tireless efforts for the greater good of the most vulnerable is what our world needs most. Thank you for expanding our worldview, introducing us to our amazing CASA kiddos, and enriching our time in Green Bay tenfold.

(23) And last but not least, to the fans, who made every game at Lambeau such a memorable experience and even the most frigid games feel warm in the Wisconsin way that only Packers fans do best, beer in hand of course.

(24) Thanks for giving us the pass on being
@OhioStateFB
Buckeyes, most of the time. See, we’re not so bad. Thank you sharing the most memorable of tailgates with us, never turning me away and whatever visitors I had in tow.

(25) Thank you for allowing us to share in the fanfare, enjoying the best brats, Old Fashions, and Bloody Mary’s. We can’t wait to bring our kids back when they are older to experience the magic of Lambeau Field. Until then, keep carrying the G!
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Social media is bad for lots of reasons in the political realm, but social media is awesome for the human and sports realm.

The Linsleys were Packers through and through. So was Jamaal. That's why seeing them go is so hard.

The Chargers don't deserve Linsley or

Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Perfect

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
16 Mar 2021 12:07
Perfect
If someone is going to give up a 2nd rounder for him, it better be the Jets.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

A little bit of a surprise.
Last edited by paco on 16 Mar 2021 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:aok:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Glad we tendered Sullivan, no real reason not to.

He is worth that money and we have zilch behind him. Can definitely do way worse for a nickel corner.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This is without Sullivan or Jones on the book:
image.png
image.png (11.59 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So we are absolutely going to hear about a deal regarding likely Z and Adams in the next 24 hours to get under the cap.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Mar 2021 12:50
image.png
Not sure what he's assuming on Jones here. He mentions Sullivan. Consensus between a few people seems to be that we are around $9.2M over right now, pending details on Turner and Jones.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The restructuring of Amos’ deal, which called for him to carry a $10.3 million cap number in 2021, created about $750,000 in cap space. Before the Packers altered Amos’ deal, the veteran safety was scheduled to make $4.9 million in base salary and receive a $1.5 million roster bonus.
I read about this a few days ago, but don't see it anywhere in terms of cap calculations.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
16 Mar 2021 12:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
image.png
Not sure what he's assuming on Jones here. He mentions Sullivan. Consensus between a few people seems to be that we are around $9.2M over right now, pending details on Turner and Jones.
Within that $9 million he is assuming a $5 million slush fund, salary for player 52 and 53, and practice squad. This stuff does not matter for tomorrow nor does the draft class.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 16 Mar 2021 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
16 Mar 2021 12:06
:clap: :clap: :thumbr: :jam: :jam: :dance: :dance: :guitar: :guitar: :toke: :grin:

gotta use these smiley's more :lol:

this i Think is a smart move, it'll turn a team or two away, Tonyan is a very limited blocker, and most may think a product of a great fit and a great QB so they'll balk at this price, maybe, hope so, leave our TE alone :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Mar 2021 12:52
So we are absolutely going to hear about a deal regarding likely Z and Adams in the next 24 hours to get under the cap.
think so too, we never seem to do this stuff till the last second, heck it's probably already done, gotta clear 9+ mil. by midnight, right?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Mar 2021 12:58
paco wrote:
16 Mar 2021 12:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
image.png
Within that $9 million he is assuming a $5 million slush fund, salary for player 52 and 53, and practice squad. This stuff does not matter for tomorrow nor does the draft class.
I doubt he's too far off.

Spotrac has us at -$1.8 Million. Sullivan will be what...$1.5 to $2 million? So now you are at -$3.5 million. Aaron Jones is likely going to be around $6.5 million or more depending on how much first year salary there is. We know it's going to be a minimum of $4.25 million for Jones.

So even then the $9 million over the cap doesn't seem unreasonable to me at all for top 51.
Last edited by go pak go on 16 Mar 2021 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote: