Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
16 Mar 2021 13:38
The point is that Gary is obviously not a bust. We wasted cap space when P Smiths replacement is already on the roster and performing at a higher level than P Smith himself.
I don't know why your so upset over this, Gary has always had a higher ceiling then P Smith, we always expected him to take over the starting roll, and P.S. would play a back up , it's also possible that we see all three with Clark more as both Gary and Z can play in and out, ya need all the pass rushers you can possibly afford, and just because P.S had a down year he averages 43 pressures a season even with last years lower totals, where ya gonna find that for less then 8 to 10 mil..

several times lately I've shown that pass rush totals for almost all pass rushers declined last year, mark it up to lack of off season conditioning, with that in mind we should expect P. Smith to bounce back up, possibly to the stats he had the year prior.

I remember you said we could use the money else where, thats true, but for what we would have likely given up with pass rush would have been hard to balance with some CB or DL, 8 mil. doesn't buy ya much these days, and we may bring one aboard yet, we still have ways to free up cash

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I recommend starting your morning by checking out some Dalton signing reactions on da Bears forums... I usually like my cereal with milk, but today opted for Bears fan tears, and it was delish.

Joke stolen from Broncofan on FF:

Bears fans first hearing about Watson & Wilson rumors:

Bears fans reality for 2021:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Lions got Brockers for peanuts.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
17 Mar 2021 09:51
Yeah, sounds like he was going to be cut otherwise. $8 M cap number after the trade, so I'm not disappointed we didn't get him, but it's a nice get for them.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
17 Mar 2021 09:51
Yeah they had all the leverage here. They basically did the Rams a favor helping them get under the cap they still aren’t under.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gute technically signed him, what, 2 years ago? Might have some interest again.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2021 10:36

Gute technically signed him, what, 2 years ago? Might have some interest again.
I'd be in on that if the price was right. Don't want to lose that Linsley comp pick and this is a way to avoid a qualified signing.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NFL's TV deal is done. Expect a big jump in cap in 2023.

Per AP, with the bolded added for :rotf: :
The NFL will nearly double its media revenue to more than $10 billion a season with new rights agreements announced Thursday, including a deal with Amazon Prime Video that gives the streaming service exclusive rights to “Thursday Night Football” beginning in 2022.

The league took in $5.9 billion a year in its current contracts. It will get $113 billion over the 11 seasons of the new deals that begin in 2023, an increase of 80% over the previous such period, a person with direct knowledge of the contracts told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the money figures were not made public.

Amazon has partnered with the league to stream Thursday night games since 2017, but it will take over the entire package from Fox, which has had it since 2018 after CBS and NBC shared the package for two seasons. Amazon streamed a Week 16 Saturday game between the San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals last year that was seen by an estimated 11.2 total viewers and had an average minute audience of 4.8 million. That was a record for the largest audience to stream an NFL game.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Bills are actually a good fit for Trubisky, he's basically a poor man's version of Josh Allen anyway

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Willink wrote:
18 Mar 2021 16:16
Bills are actually a good fit for Trubisky, he's basically a poor man's version of Josh Allen anyway
Except Josh Allen can throw 70 yards and Turd Biscuit can’t throw more than 40.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, I would unironically be happy with Mitch as my #2 QB. He's not consistently good enough to ever start, but you can string together a few good games from him for a short stretch, and you will not be limited by a lack of experience or physical talent. That's about ideal for a backup QB.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

What about Jake Fromm?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Trudge wrote:
18 Mar 2021 16:41
What about Jake Fromm?
Isn't he the guy Georgia picked over Justin Fields to run they're offense? Good call Kirby Smart.

Charlie
Reactions:

Post by Charlie »

https://i.redd.it/91oph8vjjnn61.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (80.01 KiB) Viewed 336 times
This one’s my favorite. :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Charlie wrote:
18 Mar 2021 17:43
https://i.redd.it/91oph8vjjnn61.jpgimage.jpeg

Welcome!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

My football expert friend still likes Trubisky "in an offense that actually utilizes him how he should be used" which he said was one that uses him way more as a ball carrier. Minus that one draft class, he's been right on the money.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Charlie wrote:
18 Mar 2021 17:43
https://i.redd.it/91oph8vjjnn61.jpgimage.jpeg

:rotf:

Welcome! I was gonna post this, but glad you got there first.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Also, I'm very familiar with the lawyer who is suing DeShaun Watson. The chances are higher than normal that it is all a publicity stunt. I'm a big fan of the guy (he ran for mayor in 2019 and is generally the Houston version of Trump), but my friend who knows him pretty well said he wouldn't put it past him to file stuff without much there.

I have found it pretty interesting that this is the first time in a long time that the national media is actually treating claims of this nature with some healthy skepticism, which I welcome. It's undoubtedly because DeShaun Watson is one of their golden boys and honestly does seem pretty well spoken and not the type of guy who would be doing this. But the reason they like him so much to begin with is because of typical reasons, imo. I think he has beclowned himself over the past few months.
signal-2021-03-18-211545.jpeg
signal-2021-03-18-211545.jpeg (301.53 KiB) Viewed 347 times

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Update to this, just heard some details and if they're true then Watson is $%@#. Sexual harassment to a degree to which I have never seen lmao

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
18 Mar 2021 21:44
Also, I'm very familiar with the lawyer who is suing DeShaun Watson. The chances are higher than normal that it is all a publicity stunt. I'm a big fan of the guy (he ran for mayor in 2019 and is generally the Houston version of Trump), but my friend who knows him pretty well said he wouldn't put it past him to file stuff without much there.

I have found it pretty interesting that this is the first time in a long time that the national media is actually treating claims of this nature with some healthy skepticism, which I welcome. It's undoubtedly because DeShaun Watson is one of their golden boys and honestly does seem pretty well spoken and not the type of guy who would be doing this. But the reason they like him so much to begin with is because of typical reasons, imo. I think he has beclowned himself over the past few months.

signal-2021-03-18-211545.jpeg
Dude asked for a glute massage. Nothing is going to come of this if this is all the evidence they have. An athlete asking for a muscle area to be massaged and asking if shes comfortable with it. Only matters what you can prove and this is documentation in the text.