Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
18 Mar 2021 21:44
Also, I'm very familiar with the lawyer who is suing DeShaun Watson. The chances are higher than normal that it is all a publicity stunt. I'm a big fan of the guy (he ran for mayor in 2019 and is generally the Houston version of Trump), but my friend who knows him pretty well said he wouldn't put it past him to file stuff without much there.

I have found it pretty interesting that this is the first time in a long time that the national media is actually treating claims of this nature with some healthy skepticism, which I welcome. It's undoubtedly because DeShaun Watson is one of their golden boys and honestly does seem pretty well spoken and not the type of guy who would be doing this. But the reason they like him so much to begin with is because of typical reasons, imo. I think he has beclowned himself over the past few months.
Is it because the media is giving him a break because he is a golden boy or because this evidence isn't evidence? I mean people can read between the lines which is what this is trying to insinuate. Or people can just you know....read what the actual text says.

This isn't damning at all.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Nick Caserio was named the GM of the Texans on Jan 7th 2021. Since then, in 72 days, he has signed or traded for whopping 29 new Texans players. :shock:

That's .4 new acquisitions per day, which has to be some kinda record. And all this while his QB is trying to get outta town while simultaneously being in legal trouble... Now THAT's an offseason!

Meanwhile in GB: :boring:

:lol:

Here are the signings (per a tweet by Field Yates. The TE they traded for was NE's Ryan Izzo):
-
image.png
image.png (85.87 KiB) Viewed 435 times

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Mar 2021 02:44
texas wrote:
Also, I'm very familiar with the lawyer who is suing DeShaun Watson. The chances are higher than normal that it is all a publicity stunt. I'm a big fan of the guy (he ran for mayor in 2019 and is generally the Houston version of Trump), but my friend who knows him pretty well said he wouldn't put it past him to file stuff without much there.

I have found it pretty interesting that this is the first time in a long time that the national media is actually treating claims of this nature with some healthy skepticism, which I welcome. It's undoubtedly because DeShaun Watson is one of their golden boys and honestly does seem pretty well spoken and not the type of guy who would be doing this. But the reason they like him so much to begin with is because of typical reasons, imo. I think he has beclowned himself over the past few months.

signal-2021-03-18-211545.jpeg
Dude asked for a glute massage. Nothing is going to come of this if this is all the evidence they have. An athlete asking for a muscle area to be massaged and asking if shes comfortable with it. Only matters what you can prove and this is documentation in the text.
Read my next post. They've got way more.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
19 Mar 2021 08:14
texas wrote:

Is it because the media is giving him a break because he is a golden boy or because this evidence isn't evidence? I mean people can read between the lines which is what this is trying to insinuate. Or people can just you know....read what the actual text says.

This isn't damning at all.
It's because the media is giving him a break because he is one of their favorites. We all know darn well that other players in the last 6-7 years (ever since Ray Rice) have been treated far worse than Watson has been treated, as soon as allegations came out.

I agree, based on that text alone it is nothing. But they've got way more apparently.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Apparrently 7 women have made sexual harrassment allagations to him so there likely is fire behind this smoke.

I don't buy the whole "media likes Watson so their mouths are shut." It's just there isn't anything that I have seen to support any outrage yet.

Ray Rice was destroyed because the video of punching the wife existed. If that video didn't exist...nobody would have cared.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
19 Mar 2021 21:06
Nick Caserio was named the GM of the Texans on Jan 7th 2021. Since then, in 72 days, he has signed or traded for whopping 29 new Texans players.

That's .4 new acquisitions per day, which has to be some kinda record. And all this while his QB is trying to get outta town while simultaneously being in legal trouble... Now THAT's an offseason!

Meanwhile in GB:
I mean, we're involved. At least four of those players have been on the Packers at some point (Kirksey, Justin McCray, Joe Thomas, and Tremon Smith)

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

SF getting a QB.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
26 Mar 2021 12:18
aggressive

Also maybe dumb, not sure what quarterback that will probably be the third best QB in the draft provides enough certainty toward success to offer that much loot.

Shanny prolly feels he has pieces to trade to get back some of those picks in the next couple of years tho
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
26 Mar 2021 12:18
Two reactions: No pressure, rookie QB, you only cost 3 first rounders (and a 3rd rounder). And if the Dolphins can't turn all these picks into a winning franchise (2 first, second and third rounders this year, plus the extra firsts next 2 years), they'll qualify for terriblest drafters ever -honors.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Holy &%$@

3 first rounders?

Miami gunna build a dynasty. Turned Larry Tunsil into 4 first rounders. :shock:

Didn’t we have SF trading up to 3 in our group mock draft with [mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] and [mention]Backthepack4ever[/mention] ?

Or was is it to #2?

Unless they need that rookie price tag, I would have preferred to go get Stafford for a lot cheaper.

Also not of fan to trading to 3 and just taking whoever is left.

Big commitment by Miami too for Tua.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Then it looks like the 'Fins flipped one of their new 1st round picks to the Eagles next year to move back up from 12 to 6... or did my buddy cite a rumor and text me a tweet that hasn't come to fruition?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

In all, the Dolphins moved back from 3 to 6, got an extra 2023 first round pick, an extra 2021 3rd round pick, and gave up a 2021 5th round pick.

Unclear whether they traded their own '22 1st or the newly-acquired SF '22 1st back to the Eagles--or some contingent depending on what's higher.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

So does Jimmy G end up with NE with SF looking to draft a QB?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So the Dolphins move from 3 to 6, knowing for sure 3 will be a QB, this really missing out on two non qb prospects.

Quite likely 4 QBs go top 5 when all is said and done, Dolphins might literally only need 2 guys on their big board for pick 6.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Dolphins were absolute wizards. Good job by them.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
26 Mar 2021 13:09
So does Jimmy G end up with NE with SF looking to draft a QB?
I dunno; the 49ers seem like the type of team that will let the rookie learn and beat out Jimmy.....

but also... probably.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Mar 2021 16:26
Willink wrote:
18 Mar 2021 16:16
Bills are actually a good fit for Trubisky, he's basically a poor man's version of Josh Allen anyway
Except Josh Allen can throw 70 yards and Turd Biscuit can’t throw more than 40.
He can, it's just either in the dirt or into triple coverage...

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

John Lynch really rolling the dice for a dynasty QB. 3 first round picks for the guy that he wants. He had better be right.

I never would pull that move. That is just too much draft capital for one player.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
26 Mar 2021 23:30
John Lynch really rolling the dice for a dynasty QB. 3 first round picks for the guy that he wants. He had better be right.

I never would pull that move. That is just too much draft capital for one player.
I would understand this for 1st overall, maybe even 2nd, but Lynch must REALLY love the 3rd ranked QB in the draft...

Timing is good in the sense that Garoppolo has 2 years left on his deal. Getting an instant starter from the "COVID year draft" is extremely unlikely. Now they can groom the kid for a season or two. If by some miracle he excels in his rookie camp, Garoppolo is tradeable.