General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
26 Mar 2021 20:21
BF004 wrote:
26 Mar 2021 20:03
Packers Saints on NFLN just kicked off.

I’m starting Lazard on my fantasy team.
I knew we didn’t have Davante, but no Kenny either, damn.

Also, anything thinking we can insert Jon Runyan into the starting lineup and remove Corey Linsley and just keep on humming as we were is on crack. Counted about 4 impact blocks first drive alone. Sets the tone running onto the field, first to the line breaking the huddle.
Yeah. Corey Linsley is really, really good. We are absolutely going to miss him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

4th and goal from the 2, run called, losing in the 3rd quarter, Aaron sees its gunna be Big Dog blocking 1 on 1 with Cam Jordan, no need to check out of it. No problem.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
26 Mar 2021 20:25
BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
26 Mar 2021 20:03
Packers Saints on NFLN just kicked off.

I’m starting Lazard on my fantasy team.

Also, anything thinking we can insert Jon Runyan into the starting lineup and remove Corey Linsley and just keep on humming as we were is on crack. Counted about 4 impact blocks first drive alone. Sets the tone running onto the field, first to the line breaking the huddle.
Yeah. Corey Linsley is really, really good. We are absolutely going to miss him.
I was a big fan of trying to bring back Linsley, but stranger things have happened. If something just clicks with those other guys, we may not feel it so much. But Rodgers losing his center is bound to have an impact no doubt. That chemistry can take years.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
27 Mar 2021 07:13
go pak go wrote:
26 Mar 2021 20:25
BF004 wrote:

I was a big fan of trying to bring back Linsley, but stranger things have happened. If something just clicks with those other guys, we may not feel it so much. But Rodgers losing his center is bound to have an impact no doubt. That chemistry can take years.
I have no doubt we will be fine. I actually do think that. I agree that the chemistry with Rodgers will take time. We definitely saw that last year when Elgton snapped. I don't think he drew one offsides penalty and it was primarily because Elgton just didn't snap the ball when he needed to.

It will be interesting if they put Elgton at Center or Patrick at Center. I honestly think that is going to be a fun battle to watch. No doubt Elgton is the superior player at any spot, but it's then as others have stated, can say a Stepaniak, Patrick, Runyan be good replacements at guard.

Also. I really, really hope Lane Taylor finds his way back to GB on a vet minimum deal.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
27 Mar 2021 08:57
Also. I really, really hope Lane Taylor finds his way back to GB on a vet minimum deal.
I wouldn't mind seeing that either. We know he's a serviceable starter when healthy.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

A bunch of lupe’s must have been hassling Devin Funchess on Twitter, cause he just frustratingly admitting to losing family members to COVID before the season.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
27 Mar 2021 21:11
A bunch of lupe’s must have been hassling Devin Funchess on Twitter, cause he just frustratingly admitting to losing family members to COVID before the season.
I hate Twitter hard asses. They have to do something to fix that. Same thing with those dick bags that were all over that Ohio State kid. Twitter should just post their addresses.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
27 Mar 2021 08:57
I have no doubt we will be fine. I actually do think that. I agree that the chemistry with Rodgers will take time. We definitely saw that last year when Elgton snapped. I don't think he drew one offsides penalty and it was primarily because Elgton just didn't snap the ball when he needed to.

It will be interesting if they put Elgton at Center or Patrick at Center. I honestly think that is going to be a fun battle to watch. No doubt Elgton is the superior player at any spot, but it's then as others have stated, can say a Stepaniak, Patrick, Runyan be good replacements at guard.
We also are going to draft players. I doubt we'll be starting a rookie C from day one, obviously, but our roster isn't set. I bet we take Jimmy Morrisey out of Pitt in the 5th and have a starting C for years 2 through 7 of his career

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
26 Mar 2021 21:40
4th and goal from the 2, run called, losing in the 3rd quarter, Aaron sees its gunna be Big Dog blocking 1 on 1 with Cam Jordan, no need to check out of it. No problem.

The NFL Network is rerunning this game of ours against the Saints from week 3 several times already. I found it accidently last night while surfing channels during a commercial.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
28 Mar 2021 08:02
BF004 wrote:
I hate Twitter hard asses. They have to do something to fix that. Same thing with those dick bags that were all over that Ohio State kid. Twitter should just post their addresses.
This kind of crap reinforces my good decision to not be on Facebook and Twitter.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
29 Mar 2021 07:57
NCF wrote:
BF004 wrote:
This kind of crap reinforces my good decision to not be on Facebook and Twitter.
I am seriously considering writing hand written letters to MVS and Funchess apolgozing for the ass hats and thanking them for playing for the Green Bay Packers.

I hate social media so much.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Former Packer Safety, Morgan Burnett announces his retirement from NFL
10 years in the league, 8 with GB and 1 with Pitt, 1 with CLE
$ 38M in earnings

Did Burnett have more INTs or sacks in his career ?
IT. IS. TIME

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
29 Mar 2021 09:01
Pugger wrote:
29 Mar 2021 07:57
NCF wrote:

I am seriously considering writing hand written letters to MVS and Funchess apolgozing for the ass hats and thanking them for playing for the Green Bay Packers.

I hate social media so much.
Twitter is the absolute worst. I'm going to go tweet at them right now to show support

Turk's B.B.C.
Reactions:

Post by Turk's B.B.C. »

Has anyone else noticed that Aaron Jones had his two best yardage games when Lindsley was out? I also don't remember hearing Runyan's name during those games. He didn't get blown up; that's a good sign. Losing Linsley isn't the end of the world.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am slowly starting to get behind the idea of moving Jenkins to C. A lot of people felt like that was his best position as a draft prospect.

For some reason he does seem less dominant at C than LG, but then again, he has not had a full offseason to prepare to start there.

There's also a financial calculation, as Cs tend to be less expensive than Gs when they hit free agency.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

BSA wrote:
29 Mar 2021 17:02
Former Packer Safety, Morgan Burnett announces his retirement from NFL
10 years in the league, 8 with GB and 1 with Pitt, 1 with CLE
$ 38M in earnings

Did Burnett have more INTs or sacks in his career ?
10 INTs, 9.5 sacks

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
30 Mar 2021 09:39
There is our defensive lineman free agent signing.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
30 Mar 2021 09:44
paco wrote:
30 Mar 2021 09:39
There is our defensive lineman free agent signing.
He's a solid resigning. Not an impact player by any means, but he graded out fairly well. Hopefully he's not thrust into a lot of snaps, but a nice guy to have around.
RIP JustJeff