General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This better be a ST's thing only.

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

not a fan of this one.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
02 Apr 2021 13:07
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This better be a ST's thing only.
Was hoping this was a April fool's thing, but no.

I guess I can handle this if he's STs only. Redmond's play on the secondary hurt my poor eyeballs...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

surprising, they must really like his ST ability, and think he can play better on defense, cause you can find his St's skills with udfa's, vet minimum????

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

I’m not sure why this guy gets so much hate. Yeah he’s not a starter but is at least average at a lot of things (coverage, tackling, awareness) and is durable. He dropped an easy int, so do a lot of DBs, that’s why they aren’t WR.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Meh. Redmond isn't terrible, but he's nothing to get excited about either.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

lake shark wrote:
02 Apr 2021 15:53
I’m not sure why this guy gets so much hate. Yeah he’s not a starter but is at least average at a lot of things (coverage, tackling, awareness) and is durable. He dropped an easy int, so do a lot of DBs, that’s why they aren’t WR.
I felt like his tackling was below average :idn: but otherwise I mostly agree
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
02 Apr 2021 16:03
lake shark wrote:
02 Apr 2021 15:53
I felt like his tackling was below average :idn: but otherwise I mostly agree
No, he gets beaten so constantly. He is actually bad at most things on defense. I don't even remember his dropped INT(s?) Just how often he's trailing behind some receiver nearby him.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Resigning Wil Redmond would be funny but I find it too sad. His alligator arm attempt to INT Brady before the half was his time on defense for the packers in a microcosm. STs guys like him can be found almost at any time.

I guess this resigning is another glimpse at how desperate the team may feel in the secondary
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Apr 2021 18:25
Resigning Wil Redmond would be funny but I find it too sad. His alligator arm attempt to INT Brady before the half was his time on defense for the packers in a microcosm. STs guys like him can be found almost at any time.

I guess this resigning is another glimpse at how desperate the team may feel in the secondary
I'm resting hope this is a STs play and not a secondary play. He is very good at ST's. And we need ST's players.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Do you know who is sitting between Tae and Jordy? He looks familiar but can't place him.
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

paco wrote:
06 Apr 2021 07:34
Do you know who is sitting between Tae and Jordy? He looks familiar but can't place him.
It makes sense that would be Luke Getsy because he was WR coach for those guys, but I can't tell if its him

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/priv ... fp7hyk.jpg
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
06 Apr 2021 09:18
paco wrote:
06 Apr 2021 07:34
It makes sense that would be Luke Getsy because he was WR coach for those guys, but I can't tell if its him

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/priv ... fp7hyk.jpg
Good detective work. That would make a lot of sense and sure looks like a match to me.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Donald Driver must have been busy and Greg Jennings must have had his invite lost in the mail.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Sharp Football with their review of GB Roster, Packers Draft Needs and 2020 offensive/defensive rankings

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/a ... y-packers/

IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is really cool, but especially because it seems to tell us exactly what we already know and I just love it when analytics and eye tests align nicely.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This really jumped out at me (from BSA's link)
No team used six or more defensive backs on the field more than the Packers’ 50% of defensive snaps last season. Joe Barry just came from a Rams team that used Dime+ personnel on 25% of defensive snaps, which still ranked eighth in the league.
50% dime! That is atrocious.

Stoked to cut that in half.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Apr 2021 09:14
This really jumped out at me (from BSA's link)
No team used six or more defensive backs on the field more than the Packers’ 50% of defensive snaps last season. Joe Barry just came from a Rams team that used Dime+ personnel on 25% of defensive snaps, which still ranked eighth in the league.
50% dime! That is atrocious.

Stoked to cut that in half.
Just get two Kam Chancellor clones and we'll be fine. 8-)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It is unbelievable to me how bad the Smiths and Gary were for us last year.

Our front 7 on defense was the weak spot.
Yoop wrote: