Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
19 Mar 2021 12:33
TheGreenMan wrote:
13 Mar 2021 13:41
I'll also say in terms of "love this thing, just like gas" effectiveness - mower is last.

1. Hedge trimmer
2. Weed-eater
3. Chainsaw
4. Mower
I will say I own an electric chainsaw. Sucks dragging the extension cord out and maneuver around, but the thing actually cuts really nice for the short work I need it for. A fraction of the cost of a gas chainsaw.
I have an electric too. Kind of wish I had sprung for the battery one just because the cord does get in the way. And I'm horrible with cords. I've cuts 3 or 4 extension cords with chainsaws, hedge trimmers, etc. But it does cut really well. Reminds me, I need to buy another chain or at least get the one I have sharpened. I put it through its paces last year.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
19 Mar 2021 12:36
NCF wrote:
19 Mar 2021 12:33
TheGreenMan wrote:
13 Mar 2021 13:41
I'll also say in terms of "love this thing, just like gas" effectiveness - mower is last.

1. Hedge trimmer
2. Weed-eater
3. Chainsaw
4. Mower
I will say I own an electric chainsaw. Sucks dragging the extension cord out and maneuver around, but the thing actually cuts really nice for the short work I need it for. A fraction of the cost of a gas chainsaw.
I have an electric too. Kind of wish I had sprung for the battery one just because the cord does get in the way. And I'm horrible with cords. I've cuts 3 or 4 extension cords with chainsaws, hedge trimmers, etc. But it does cut really well. Reminds me, I need to buy another chain or at least get the one I have sharpened. I put it through its paces last year.
Mine is on battery, couldn't imagine having a chainsaw with a cord.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Anyone have a working Xbox 360 laying around the house you would be willing to sell? Finding one has been harder than I thought. For a reasonable price, and that I can trust works.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
20 Mar 2021 15:58
Anyone have a working Xbox 360 laying around the house you would be willing to sell? Finding one has been harder than I thought. For a reasonable price, and that I can trust works.
Sent you a PM.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

My dog will not stop licking my head. Right now my head is just soaking. Sigh... :dunno:
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Trudge wrote:
24 Mar 2021 08:25
My dog will not stop licking my head. Right now my head is just soaking. Sigh... :dunno:
LoL, is this a new development?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Mar 2021 09:07
Trudge wrote:
24 Mar 2021 08:25
LoL, is this a new development?
Yeah, I mean...it's not new. Image

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

bought a mower. Went to Home Depot, got sick of looking and pulled one off the shelf. Done. I should've bought that house that only had that 6x6 patch of grass.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Recycl ... /314426493
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I highly doubt that you will regret it.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
26 Mar 2021 20:33
I highly doubt that you will regret it.
My only minor regret so far is this model doesn't have the under-deck washout port. I thought that was a nice feature Toro had on several models. This one didn't, but has the electric start. But both are completely unnecessary features and just nice to haves. I'll probably put it together today and check it all out. Nothing to mow of course, but what else do I have to do on a dreary Saturday? I suppose I could do my taxes. FFS I need another hobby.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Not sure about Toro, but my John Deere rider deck has the washout and I stopped using it after the first season because it didn't work worth a darn. Maybe that eases your "anguish" [mention]paco[/mention] .
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My wife was nice enough, I think, to buy me Mobcraft's Virtual Sour Fest Kit this year. Got 7 different sours, 2 glasses, and there is a Zoom tonight for a virtual tasting tonight. Should be an interesting event. It's supposed to be for 2, but she hates sours. So I might be drinking a lot of sours tonight! I better take a few extra heartburn pills. I like sours, but they really don't like me.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Mar 2021 07:16
Not sure about Toro, but my John Deere rider deck has the washout and I stopped using it after the first season because it didn't work worth a darn. Maybe that eases your "anguish" @paco .
Yeah, I assume, as with most stuff, it wouldn't work that well. It's essentially just a hole in the deck you can hook a hose up to. As long as this mower doesn't leak everywhere when you tip it on it's side like my current one, cleaning shouldn't be an issue.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Well...I've been moved into the new place. Except for some of the random bags and boxes I'm all ready to go. TV, check. Computer, check. Dinning room table (that will be used for my card collection and random painting), check. Things looking good.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I've come to the conclusion that a sandwich without an egg on it is not fit to be eaten. I've always been a fan of an over-easy egg on a burger or other sandwich. But now any sandwich without is just blah.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

While eggs are great, that’s a bold statement

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I know my wife doesn't agree (she doesn't like eggs). But I have a hard time thinking of a sandwich that wouldn't be made better with one on it.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Most deli sandwiches, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, any type of Italian sandwiches... 🐒

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Gunzaan wrote:
06 Apr 2021 14:27
Most deli sandwiches, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, any type of Italian sandwiches... 🐒
I'll agree with you on the peanut butter sandwich. But I maintain on the others as well. Had a sandwich with toasted white bread, mayo, chipotle mustard, turkey, ham, and havarti with an over-easy egg for lunch. Without the egg its a damn ham and cheese sandwich.
RIP JustJeff