Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'd throw a fried egg on some salami and pepperoni for sure.

borderline sausage egg and cheese sandwich.

PB&J definitely came to mind quickly. Might be some weird flavors, but I'd still try it.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

It’s an interesting topic, for sure.

Then that starts to beg other questions: is a hot dog a sandwich? If it is, I don’t want an egg on my dog 🐶 nor do I want an egg on my Italian beef sandwich, or a BBQ sandwich, like a brisket sandwich.

Again, I love eggs and agree it goes well with a whole lot of sandwiches!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Any "salad" sandwich... tuna or chicken salads, egg would not go over well. I'd skip it on a Po' Boy, too.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'm with [mention]paco[/mention]. Yeah, there are exceptions but if it's me and there are two identical sandwiches other than a fried egg on it, I'm going with the egg choice every time.

That probably includes the PB&J choice, too, just for the sport of it.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Wait...she doesn't like eggs and you still married her!?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Trudge wrote:
06 Apr 2021 21:33
Wait...she doesn't like eggs and you still married her!?
1 of many things I should have thought about before. I can only claim mental instability as an excuse.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Think you just stumbled upon a new viral tik tok series, add a fried egg to every sandwich possible. :munch: :beer2:

Let us know when you made your first video, paco. :)

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
07 Apr 2021 08:34
Think you just stumbled upon a new viral tik tok series, add a fried egg to every sandwich possible. :munch: :beer2:

Let us know when you made your first video, paco. :)
Maybe I'll do a Youtube channel. Fat guy eats an eggy sandwich. I'll have to work on the title.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

two slices of home made wheat toast, two fried eggs, a touch of ketchup, a sprinkle of tabasco, and I'am good to go installing some HVAC :lol:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
07 Apr 2021 09:45
two slices of home made wheat toast, two fried eggs, a touch of ketchup, a sprinkle of tabasco, and I'am good to go installing some HVAC :lol:
That sounds disgusting.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Apr 2021 10:02
Yoop wrote:
07 Apr 2021 09:45
That sounds disgusting.
I know, thats what everyone says :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ketchup does NOT go on eggs you damn heathens! Most over-used condiment. It belongs on a few things and a few things only...
A burger
A brat/hot dog
french fries

Even these are not all necessary if you have other alternative. I use it for other cooking, but people who put it on everything are a danger to society and should be eliminated.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
07 Apr 2021 10:38
Ketchup does NOT go on eggs you damn heathens! Most over-used condiment. It belongs on a few things and a few things only...
A burger
A brat/hot dog
french fries

Even these are not all necessary if you have other alternative. I use it for other cooking, but people who put it on everything are a danger to society and should be eliminated.
Fries/tots and meatloaf/beef roast. That is it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Apr 2021 11:02
paco wrote:
07 Apr 2021 10:38
A burger
A brat/hot dog
french fries

Fries/tots and meatloaf/beef roast. That is it.
Never on meatloaf or beef roast. Burgers, brats and dogs, and most deep fried pub appetizers (curds, fries, rings, etc.) On this subject, can we settle down a bit with the ranch? Buffalo wings and if there is no other suitable salad dressing choice. That is it.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm good with it on meatloaf too. If a beef roast needs it, you made a bad beef roast. And no on the fried foods other than potato based. On cheese curds or onion rings, yuck.

I will admit, I like ranch and I will put it on a lot of stuff. That's what I prefer to dip stuff like cheese curds in. But it's not a necessity. I did have a little on my scrambled eggs this morning.

3 eggs, Sunny Paris (spice from Penzey's), cheddar cheese, some left over pot roast, some serrano/basil hot sauce I have, and a little ranch (not much).

Now mustard is an incredibly under-rated condiment. Comes in so many forms. If you haven't, go to the Mustard Museum in Middleton, WI. Weird quirky place, but you get to try every mustard they sell (well, Pre-Covid you could). I bought some blue cheese, 2 Chipotle, and a Korean mustard last time I was there. I usually buy some curry ones, but they were out. I'll use it to make a sauce for pasta or to get my wife to choke down some fish occasionally (another thing she doesn't like).
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
07 Apr 2021 11:29
Now mustard is an incredibly under-rated condiment.
Pretty much has become my cold-cut go-to. A few sandwiches, like Italian meats, require mayo, but otherwise it's mustard for me. I can't do JUST mustard on a burger or brat. Need to pair with ketchup.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I only like honey mustard or maybe some light deli mustard. Firehouse subs has a really good deli mustard.

But french's yellow mustard on a hotdog or hamburger... :puke: :eekout: :nuts: :suicide:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Adding to list of Ketchup acceptable foods, Kraft Mac N Cheese (when I make it for the kids and eat it myself). Try it!
If you put it on steak you deserve to be shot!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
07 Apr 2021 12:05
I only like honey mustard or maybe some light deli mustard. Firehouse subs has a really good deli mustard.

But french's yellow mustard on a hotdog or hamburger... :puke: :eekout: :nuts: :suicide:
There is a place for yellow mustard, but I don't get how that's all people eat. My wife likes it on a hot dog and she likes that with a soft pretzel. I only use it if there is nothing else.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Apr 2021 12:12

Adding to list of Ketchup acceptable foods, Kraft Mac N Cheese (when I make it for the kids and eat it myself). Try it!
If you put it on steak you deserve to be shot!
Mac N Cheese. No. But I agree with you on the steak. Death penalty if you do that.
RIP JustJeff