Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Boxed Mac N Cheese only, trust me. Not a lot, just enough to give it some zing.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Apr 2021 13:14
That's what hot sauce is for. I usually put in a little roasted garlic powder and a few splashes of Frank's into my Mac N Cheese.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
07 Apr 2021 13:24
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Apr 2021 13:14
That's what hot sauce is for. I usually put in a little roasted garlic powder and a few splashes of Frank's into my Mac N Cheese.
Oh, Frank's might be really good. I will try that!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Frank's Buffalo sauce is amazing, I put that on all kinds of things, I like it better than just regular franks.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Haven't had mac & cheese in a long time, but whenever I get the urge, I like to mix a can or two of tuna into the finished product. It's the perfect cheesy tuna melt.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Always a box of Mac and Cheese lurking in our house. If we want to have a really bad (but good) cheat day dinner. Instant gratification. Instant regret.
image.png
image.png (74.62 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Attachments
image.png
image.png (271.96 KiB) Viewed 365 times
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I have never liked mac and cheese and never in my life have I made a box for the sole purpose of me eating it.

Can't eat more than like 5 noodles when I make it for the kids.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

you are a strange man BF.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Homemade Mac N Cheese is the best, but a little too intensive to make all the time. I am with BF though, I rarely get more than a few spoon fulls when we make it for the kids.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
07 Apr 2021 10:38
Ketchup does NOT go on eggs you damn heathens! Most over-used condiment. It belongs on a few things and a few things only...
A burger
A brat/hot dog
french fries

Even these are not all necessary if you have other alternative. I use it for other cooking, but people who put it on everything are a danger to society and should be eliminated.
haaaaaaaa, it's a acquired taste :rotf: first time I saw a person slop Ketchup on eggs was at my uncles hunting camp, I think I was maybe 8 years old, I admired my uncle so much that what was good for him, well you know the rest, just a tad, cept with over easy eggs, Ketchup and egg yoke yellow turns pink, yuk, the tabasco is optional :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I love me some box original Kraft Mac n Cheese....properly accessorized, of course.

I slice up two of the Johnsonville smoked cheddar wurst, two extra slices of Kraft American Singles, a healthy teaspoon of diced jalapeños, a few twists of fresh ground pepper, and a little extra milk while mixing for extra creaminess. Yum!

And you guys put ketchup on brats? Yuck. Butter (German wife thinks adding butter to an already greasy-as-hell brat is disgusting btw), spicy brown mustard, onions, and pickles for me. And there better be two brats on that bun, none of that splitting a single brat crap. Mouth is watering just thinking about one.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
07 Apr 2021 14:06
I have never liked mac and cheese and never in my life have I made a box for the sole purpose of me eating it.
We never had it in the house growing up. I had to go away to college to discover its simple sinful goodness.

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Only good thing that belongs on a steak is...nothing. Absolutley nothing. If you thing it needs something, you aren't cooking the steak right.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I eat Kraft original Mac and cheese probably 5 times a week. Kills me when I’m deployed or TDY that I can’t make any myself.

Boil water, cook it for 5 minutes, no shorter, no longer. 1/4 cup of 2% milk, 1/4 cup of country crock original butter, and add some salt. That’s a top 5 meal right there. If I didn’t get a pizza for the game this is tally what I’m making at halftime.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Trudge wrote:
08 Apr 2021 02:19
Only good thing that belongs on a steak is...nothing. Absolutley nothing. If you thing it needs something, you aren't cooking the steak right.
I will A1 the &%$@ out of a tougher steak. No way on a good steak, though.

Read More. Post Less.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Trudge wrote:
Agreed... but if I’m going fancy, I will melt some crumbled blu cheese on top for the last two minutes.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Gunzaan wrote:
08 Apr 2021 07:31
Trudge wrote:
Agreed... but if I’m going fancy, I will melt some crumbled blu cheese on top for the last two minutes.
Some mushrooms and onions are always good as well.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
08 Apr 2021 07:49
Gunzaan wrote:
08 Apr 2021 07:31
Trudge wrote:
Some mushrooms and onions are always good as well.
Get some garlic in there, too, and you have a deal.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Some of you have clearly never had a good Marsala sauce atop a quality steak.

I also do the onion, mushroom, and garlic topping from time to time.

Then there is eating it with a bit of horseradish sauce if I'm in the mood.

And yes, there are times when just a plain ol' good steak hits the spot.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF wrote:
07 Apr 2021 20:11
BF004 wrote:
07 Apr 2021 14:06
We never had it in the house growing up. I had to go away to college to discover its simple sinful goodness.
I miss mac n' cheese. Haven't eaten wheat since 2012 except on rare occasions (once every couple months at most). Recently (past two weeks) my wife and I are low carb, not quite Keto. I've already lost some weight (not sure how much, but jeans fit looser). Main reason was my wife's thyroid is acting up again and a physician we actually trust suggested low carb could help regulate it better. But I miss this and donuts. And maybe Red Lobster biscuits.