Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pats and WFT are far enough back in the draft they could trade for bridgewater AND draft a qb
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
08 Apr 2021 07:51
I see the Pats and WFT grabbing a QB in this draft. Bridgewater's only shot starting anywhere might be Denver.
There aren't enough QBs to go around in the draft. WFT drafting 19th is looking at spending a second rounder on Kellen Mond or Davis Mills, which is valid, but certainly neither should be reliably counted on to be "the plan"

Denver could make some sense, since Lock is inaccurate and the team has weapons and they need a ball distributor, but even with Elway stepping back his role there, it's hard to imagine the team changing course from their big-arm, prototypical QB model to a dink and dunk distributor on purpose. He fits the team they have, but not the personnel preferences of its management.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

WFT doesn't need Bridgewater unless they plan to make him THE guy and I don't see that happening. They have Fitzpatrick, Heinicke, Allen, and Montez. If they are doing anything it is trading up for one of the top guys and have him sit behind Fitzpatrick for a bit (probably 4-8 weeks).

New England is a possibility. But I feel they would already have Bridgewater if they really wanted him. But if they miss out on the guy they want in the draft, it could happen.

Bears are out, they are all in with Dalton this year. They made their move for a guy this year and won't make another unless it is in the draft.

Denver is about the only team who doesn't have a starter at this point. Teddy would be better off staying in Carolina if he can't start anywhere else. He can probably beat out Darnold.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Apr 2021 07:34
Patriots, Bears, and the WFT should be in on this for sure. Not sure why you'd say they don't really make sense.
They all have QBs of Bridgewater caliber. Maybe WFT, but lol if the bears go with Dalton, Foles and Bridgewater into the season, plus I don’t think they have the cap room. Could see it with the Pats perhaps too.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Apr 2021 07:59
Yoop wrote:
07 Apr 2021 19:38
go pak go wrote:
07 Apr 2021 16:11

Yeah Andy Herman did an episode of recapping the Packers draft picks by round during the 2010's. So 10 years of data.

Let's just say overall, those 6th and 7th round picks are worthless shot in the dark hail mary's.
ya find a Tausher or Shields and ya drink Champaigne for a week :lol:
Shields was in the more successful group, UDFA's. (honestly our UDFA's are more successful it seems than 6th and 7th rounders).

Donald Driver and Tauscher are the shining examples, but that is not this decade. ;)
That is because you get 2 picks in the 6th and 7th round, sometimes more, but you get like 15-20 undrafted FAs.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bridgewater betting odds.
The Panthers are the favorite at +150, followed by the Broncos at +250, the Texans at +350, the Steelers at +600, the Raiders at +800, the Falcons at +800, the Dolphins at +800, and the Bears and Lions at +1000.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The QB situation all hinges on the 49ers. I can’t imagine the Mac Jones talk being real but I’m hearing it from all directions. If he goes at 3 I think Denver definitely takes Fields or Lance knowing Lock isn’t there guy and being a year out from being a FA. I don’t know if any other teams take a QB round 1. The Lions are still in play with Goff and if Fields and Lance are still there it’s possible. I think the Pats stay with Newton considering. I don’t think WFT has a shot at a QB. They would have to give up too much to make a play on one.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

SF is taking a QB, no other reason to trade up.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Apr 2021 14:15
I assume it hinges on who the 49ers take. Teams may not be as willing to trade up for Mac Jones as the others. So if they take him, more teams may be looking to move up.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Apr 2021 14:15
Did anyone suggest they werent?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So Trevor Lawrence is going #1 to the Jags

Kyle Wilson is going #2 to the Jets

a QB is going #3 to the 49ers. ALL the rumors are saying Mac Jones but that would be insane and it's probably Trey Lance.

a QB is going #4, either to the Falcons or to the team they trade with. The rumors (grain of salt) are that HC Arthur Jones doesn't want a QB (win now) and the GM does (long-term planning). I bet the GM wins. They're taking Fields.

So now, as lupe was saying, if the 49ers took Jones, Trey Lance is available at 5 and all the QB needy teams will be looking to move up until they can get him.

But if the 49ers took Lance, then Mac Jones is available and QB-needy teams might be more inclined to wait and see what happens. Rather than the Broncos trading up to try and get Jones, we may be looking at the Patriots or someone trying to leapfrog the Broncos or the even the Lions (doubtful the Panthers, but you never know) to get Jones first.

That's my read on this.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
09 Apr 2021 12:32
Saw this on PFT -> instant :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

imo the only reason we traded Randell was because he became a locker room cancer, and not so much his ability, he was our best CB his rookie season, people focus on the one play where he mixed up his assignment (as though no one else did in Capers half zone, half man schemes ) as though that defined him.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
09 Apr 2021 14:05
imo the only reason we traded Randell was because he became a locker room cancer, and not so much his ability, he was our best CB his rookie season, people focus on the one play where he mixed up his assignment (as though no one else did in Capers half zone, half man schemes ) as though that defined him.
He hasn't been good anywhere else either. It sucks, but he was a miss where he was picked.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
09 Apr 2021 14:44
Yoop wrote:
09 Apr 2021 14:05
He hasn't been good anywhere else either. It sucks, but he was a miss where he was picked.
He wasnt so bad as a safety. I loved the Randall pick. I thought it made a ton of sense to play him as the FS who can get sideline to sideline, tracks the ball incredibly well thanks to his baseball background. They would move HHCD to more of a box safety role where his speed wouldnt be such a liability and let him cover TEs and backs. Then you play Burnett as a LB for a year before moving on from that bad contract. When I heard they planned to play him at CB I thought that was the dumbest thing I had ever heard.

Ultimately the Packers took a S to play CB who really wanted to play baseball in the 1st round and in the 2nd round took a CB who wanted to play basketball. Only the lord knows what the Packers FO was thinking here.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

DT Gerald McCoy rehabbing in San Diego...says he's not done yet and is looking for a new team- maybe after the draft.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/20 ... -he-loves/

“For me, I just love this game so much, it’s still fun to me,” McCoy said Monday by telephone after working out with trainer Todd Durkin. “I love competing. I just know what my mindset was going into last season and I don’t want an injury or what the NFL deems ‘age’ to be a derailment and finish like that. I know I can still be an asset to a team, whether it’s sparingly, as a starter, in the locker room, whatever it is. In training camp, a mentor to the young kids.

“I just know I have so much more to give this game, even if for a short period of time.”
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
12 Apr 2021 20:57
DT Gerald McCoy rehabbing in San Diego...says he's not done yet and is looking for a new team- maybe after the draft.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/20 ... -he-loves/

“For me, I just love this game so much, it’s still fun to me,” McCoy said Monday by telephone after working out with trainer Todd Durkin. “I love competing. I just know what my mindset was going into last season and I don’t want an injury or what the NFL deems ‘age’ to be a derailment and finish like that. I know I can still be an asset to a team, whether it’s sparingly, as a starter, in the locker room, whatever it is. In training camp, a mentor to the young kids.

“I just know I have so much more to give this game, even if for a short period of time.”
Watch him go to the Bucs.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Bucs signed Geo.

Returned all starters.

Beat GB twice last year.

Brady's second year in a new offense.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
13 Apr 2021 12:51
Bucs signed Geo.

Returned all starters.

Beat GB twice last year.

Brady's second year in a new offense.
Just wait till our first four rounds of draft picks start contributing those 20 snaps a game and boy is that scout team O gunna have that D prepared.