Packers Big Board - #9

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
17%
Mekhi Beckton, T, Louisville
29%
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
4%
Hennry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
4%
Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina
21%
CJ Henderson, CB, Florida
8%
Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
No votes
Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
4%
A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
4%
Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
4%
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
4%
K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE/LB, LSU
No votes
Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
No votes
Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
No votes
Kenneth Murray, ILB, Oklahoma
No votes

Total votes: 24

BF004
Reactions:

Packers Big Board - #9

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:So let's get this going. We had talk about having an overall Forum Packers Big Board. You can vote how you want and what you think should be the best available option for the Green Bay Packers. You can decide how you want whether short term or long term. Basically this is a forum consensus of who we would take at pick 30 first or who we would trade up to get.

I am thinking of having 10 players on each poll as that should give us flexibility at least in top 50 players. We may want to do like one a day or so in hopes we have a top 50 by draft time.

Without further ado, the Packers are on the clock. With the pick you would make the following selection:

This is a Two Option Poll: We can adjust if necessary.

Vote however you want, just defend it and try to convince others on your line of thinking, other than just calling people wrong or crazy.

Big Board
1. Chase Young - EDGE - OSU 43% http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27324
2. Isiah Simmon - LB - Clemson 36% http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27327
3. CeeDee Lamb - WR - Oklahoma 47% http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27331
4. Jerry Jeudy - WR - Alabama 31% http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27334
5. Jeffrey Okudah - CB - OH State 31% http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27334
6. Tristian Wirfs - T - Iowa 41% http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27336
7. Jedrick Wills - T - Alabama 41% http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27336
8. Derrick Brown - DT - Auburn 32% http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27338

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

HOW IN THE GOOD HELL CAN THE TWO TOP QB'S NOT BE VOTED YET? THIS IS NOT A NEED BOARD, IT IS A BIG BOARD WITH TALENT..................
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
24 Mar 2020 10:22
HOW IN THE GOOD HELL CAN THE TWO TOP QB'S NOT BE VOTED YET? THIS IS NOT A NEED BOARD, IT IS A BIG BOARD WITH TALENT..................
I'm voting on it with need in mind and I'm not spending a 1st rounder on a QB.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
24 Mar 2020 10:23
Packfntk wrote:
I'm voting on it with need in mind and I'm not spending a 1st rounder on a QB.
But it is a Big Board, and you rate on talent. If Burrow was there at 30, you bet your ass the Packers would take him. Because he would be the best player available.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This is my Packers big board, which inherently contains Packer needs.

Feel like at least half agree with my line of thinking, or Burrow would obviously be up there already.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
24 Mar 2020 10:24
If Burrow was there at 30, you bet your ass the Packers would take him. Because he would be the best player available.
Not if these other 10-15 guys we are voting ahead of Burrow were also there. I don't get the Burrow love. He's not that special of a QB. Yeah, at 30, I'd have to think long and hard about it and it probably would be the best pick, but Burrow is not some generational talent.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Beckton & Kinlaw for me, again. I watched a little Derrick Brown yesterday and I'm fine with him being voted in, but I do still think Kinlaw has limitless upside.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
24 Mar 2020 10:35
Packfntk wrote:
24 Mar 2020 10:24
If Burrow was there at 30, you bet your ass the Packers would take him. Because he would be the best player available.
Not if these other 10-15 guys we are voting ahead of Burrow were also there. I don't get the Burrow love. He's not that special of a QB. Yeah, at 30, I'd have to think long and hard about it and it probably would be the best pick, but Burrow is not some generational talent.
Him or Tua are the best at the position in the draft, which is the most important position in the game. I believe they are already better than probably 10-15 the starting QB's in the league, at the age of 22-23. You wouldn't immediately hop on him at 30? Good Lord.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
24 Mar 2020 10:39
You wouldn't immediately hop on him at 30? Good Lord.
I can tell you with all certainty that I wouldn't if anyone of the 8 that we already voted for were also sitting there.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
24 Mar 2020 10:40
Packfntk wrote:
I can tell you with all certainty that I wouldn't if anyone of the 8 that we already voted for were also sitting there.
Crazy talk.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packfntk wrote:
A Packers Big Board. Right now if we drafted a QB first round we are paying a high price for the guy to sit on the bench for at least 2 years. With the way QB contracts are going, we need to maximize the cheap rookie deal for a QB and not have them sit more than 1 year. I thought Burrow today, but there is just no way we can draft QB in round 1. We would have to trade out of the spot if one fell to us.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packfntk wrote:
I really think we wouldn't and would instead trade back.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Man, I guess others look at big boards differently. I always thought you rate who you see the best talent regardless of position.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

For me, we are still in my top tier.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
24 Mar 2020 12:14
Man, I guess others look at big boards differently. I always thought you rate who you see the best talent regardless of position.
You do. What makes Burrow so special?

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Mar 2020 12:17
Dang, your top tier is long. Are the top 2 QB's in your top tier in this draft?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packfntk wrote:
24 Mar 2020 12:18
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Mar 2020 12:17
Dang, your top tier is long. Are the top 2 QB's in your top tier in this draft?
I would say Burrow goes after Kinlaw and Becton. That probably ends my 1st tier.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we don't need no stinking QB's :rotf:

I like to many players, to pine for a QB that will ride it for 3 years, if the situation where that Rodgers was a year or two older into this window, then yes, I would take one.

I went with Ruggs cause I think a lot of teams need a guy like him, so it tends to raise his value some, wish he would be around for us, however I'd be happy with Jefferson at our pick.

I also like KInlaw, high floor, even higher ceiling

I think the top tackles all look pretty good, I went with Bekton over Thomas, but it could easily end up reversed in the draft, I saw a site yesterday that had 9 OL going in the first round, 5 T's in the top 15, great year for OL.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Packfntk wrote:
24 Mar 2020 12:14
I must have the same idea of what a "big board" is as you, and thus I can't get into the spirit of this thread and will abstain from voting. :think:

Not a big deal. If folks wanna build a "Packers wish list board", that's fine with me. :aok:

I just hope people realize teams don't build their "big boards" by dropping guys at their non-need positions by scores of slots. If they did that, they'd have no idea where other teams might rank 'em and would be clueless at trading.