Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:58
TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:48
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:40

You are correct.
Relying a little bit too much on Rodgers for the offense me thinks. It's becoming more and more apparent as we enter the twilight of his career. It's unfortunate we couldn't get the defense straightened out earlier, because I think we could have had a lot of special runs with what Rodgers was doing with what we had.

He still plays at a high level a times, but the man really does need some help to get us over the top. It's just now we're at a point where not only do we need the defense to be good, but the offense around #12 needs to be taken a step up too.

He isn't "Godgers" anymore, but you know... maybe he could be if we get the guys on O.
It really is weird how the Packers approached Rodgers. I mean when the Colts had Manning towards the end of his career and even the Broncos they just kept feeding the offense with talent. Even the Patriots with Brady they didnt do the best but they tried with early picks going into TE, WR, and RBs. It amazes me the way this team ignores the offensive side of the ball, Rodgers struggles and everyone does the pikachu face meme when the offense struggles especially against good defenses.
Rodgers can’t expected time be Godgers anymore at 37, so instead of paying him big and drafting players that can help him win. We just pay him and draft him players that might contribute when he is gone. Maddening.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I really think the Love pick locks Guty into picking an offensive skill guy, unless a Tackle is far away better than the board in round 2.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Oh Bryan Edwards is someone to look at tomorrow!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Apr 2020 01:11
I really think the Love pick locks Guty into picking an offensive skill guy, unless a Tackle is far away better than the board in round 2.
Ok. So we take an offensive skill player and the run defense is still unaffected?

I think the Packers think theyre just fine at WR with them still having EQSB coming back, a somewhat promising Lazard, and signing Funchess. I bet this $%@# moron thinks thats good enough.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My targets for today, long list...

2nd round
RB - Taylor, Swift (no, not the singer)
WR - Mims, Pittman
OL - Jones, Cleveland, Hennessy (maybe 3rd)
DL - Madubuike, Blacklock, Gallimore
Edge - Gross-Matos, Weaver
LB - Baun, Harrison, Davis-Gaither, Gay
CB - Diggs, Johnson, Fulton
S - McKinney, Delpit, Winfield, Chinn, Davis

3rd round
RB - Dobbins (maybe 2nd too)
WR - Shenault, Peoples-Jones, Gibson, Blaypool
OT - Peart, Driscoll (prefer day 3)
DL - Hamilton, Elliott
Edge - Uche
CB - Pride, Ojemudia
S - Wallace
RIP JustJeff

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

You're the Packers with the 30th pick. The draft falls in such a way that all the top 1st tier WR and OL are gone. What do you do with the 30th pick now? :idn:

No way we would use it on a RB or a TE. There's no skill position player left worth taking in the 1st round for Rodgers. Can't blame the Packers - the 1st round simply didn't fall our way.

They were probably wasn't keen on sinking another 1st round pick on a CB and lets face it, they weren't gonna invest in a ILB. That was a given. They already invested in a 1st rounder and a top free agent at safety so that position can be ruled out too.

So at this point it was either draft a DL or a QB, either at 30 or via a trade up. If neither were suitable for the Packers then that left them with just one option which was to trade down.

If we were unable to do that then we were facing the real possibility of overdrafting a player we liked a round too early. We were proactive and did what we needed to do and it just so happens Love was their guy. QB was definitely a need because of Rodgers age, we all knew that sooner or later we would be drafting a QB high and it just so that moment finally arrived last night.

Trading up between 18-25 would've almost certainly required giving up our 3rd round pick or giving up multiple picks. I wouldn't have felt comfortable doing that knowing that there were still tons of talent left on the board.

There's still lots of WR, RB, OT, DL prospects available. Losing a 4th round pick hurts but we have three 6th round picks and we can package them to trade up into the 4th.

=============================================================================================================================

WR options: Mims, Higgins, Edwards, Peoples-Jones, Gandy-Golden, Cephus are all available. There's a very good chance one of them will fall to us. I think we were comfortable drafting a QB knowing there where still plenty of WR talent on the board.

RB options: Not all RBs fits our ZBS but the good news there are plenty are still available - Swift, Taylor, Akers, Dobbins, Evans, Benjamin

Only two interior DL were drafted so far so there should be plenty of players left on the board. I haven't done enough research to come up with a list of names.

I haven't done any research for later round OT - seeing all the OTs that fitted our scheme getting drafted was tough to see but i'm sure there's still some players available but please NO Ezra Cleveland - he isn't physical enough.

I haven't done any research on ILB so I don't know what to tell you.