Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Apr 2021 13:14
NCF wrote:
07 Apr 2021 20:11
BF004 wrote:
07 Apr 2021 14:06
I have never liked mac and cheese and never in my life have I made a box for the sole purpose of me eating it.
We never had it in the house growing up. I had to go away to college to discover its simple sinful goodness.
I miss mac n' cheese. Haven't eaten wheat since 2012 except on rare occasions (once every couple months at most). Recently (past two weeks) my wife and I are low carb, not quite Keto. I've already lost some weight (not sure how much, but jeans fit looser). Main reason was my wife's thyroid is acting up again and a physician we actually trust suggested low carb could help regulate it better. But I miss this and donuts. And maybe Red Lobster biscuits.
I've started pretty strict Keto for about the past month or so with a week off for vacation in between. I will say, I do still crave carbs at times, but controllable cravings. Been doing 20:4 IF and generally, after I eat at 2, I don't even want to eat at 6:00. Thinking about doing some OMAD experimenting because this has been so easy. I am a yo-yo dieter, so we will see where this goes, but I haven't been so confident in keeping weight off in a long time. Dropped 25 lbs pretty easy.

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

NCF wrote:
08 Apr 2021 08:08
paco wrote:
08 Apr 2021 07:49
Gunzaan wrote:
08 Apr 2021 07:31

Agreed... but if I’m going fancy, I will melt some crumbled blu cheese on top for the last two minutes.
Some mushrooms and onions are always good as well.
Get some garlic in there, too, and you have a deal.
Get some NY Strip or ribeye and you should be set. Pff...
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Anybody else here use a torrent client? If so, which one? I'm starting to get fed up with uTorrent. Have used for years, but it crashes constantly.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

image.png
image.png (127.3 KiB) Viewed 568 times
image.png
image.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 568 times
image.png
image.png (58.3 KiB) Viewed 568 times
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

No torrent use here. I use on-demand streaming apps on the 4k Firestick that don't require download. Apps like CinemaHD and CatMouse are pretty good for most on-demand viewing needs I have. They do have their hiccups - I'm currently watching Sopranos s3 and there have been a couple episodes that have been hard to find - but overall I can't complain about the availability and quality of streams that are accessible on those apps.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I haven't tried stuff like that in quite a while. Previously the quality was just crap and stream always cut out. I imagine its gotten better and I have a faster network now. Might be time to try again. I do have a firestick I pretty much never use. Should play with it. I still us torrent for other stuff besides movies.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I have completed my DVD/blu-ray ripping and my plex is updated. I took some time off from working on it here and there. But wasn't as bad as I thought. Only turned out to be missing 1 movie somewhere. Have the case, but no disc.

Between movies and TV shows I'm at around 9Tb (almost 1000 movies). So far all on 1 14Tb drive, dangerous I know. The goal is to buy a few more for backups and future expansion if I need. Waiting for another deal on them though. I got in on the 14Tb at $200, but haven't see anything bigger than 12 at that price recently.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

$80 to ship some flowers to my mom for Mother's Day? Uh, no. Going to pick her up some chocolate and ship it myself. Will save a bunch of money and she'll enjoy it more. She'll get flowers from my dad anyway. What a racket.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
27 Apr 2021 08:18
$80 to ship some flowers to my mom for Mother's Day? Uh, no. Going to pick her up some chocolate and ship it myself. Will save a bunch of money and she'll enjoy it more. She'll get flowers from my dad anyway. What a racket.
Got some delivered for my wife today to work. $44 for arrangement, $13 delivery. Sendflowers.com

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Apr 2021 20:26
paco wrote:
Got some delivered for my wife today to work. $44 for arrangement, $13 delivery. Sendflowers.com
nice to see you have your priority's in order :lol:

flowers have really gone up imo since the pandemic, I just spent 60 bucks on a funeral boquet about a month ago, and was embarrassed when I saw what a small arrangement they delivered, next time I'am buying a memory tree for 40.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Welp, been all congested the past couple days and as of about an hour ago I cannot taste or smell anything. But I can't tell if it's, like, the standard "I have a headcold and can't taste or smell anything" or something different. For those who have had Covid, was there any distinct aspect of the taste/smell loss that was different from a regular cold? Other than that, I'm good.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Captain_Ben wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:28
Welp, been all congested the past couple days and as of about an hour ago I cannot taste or smell anything. But I can't tell if it's, like, the standard "I have a headcold and can't taste or smell anything" or something different. For those who have had Covid, was there any distinct aspect of the taste/smell loss that was different from a regular cold? Other than that, I'm good.
For me it was like the flu (chills, aches, fever), and turned into more respiratory things after a few days and eventually mild pneumonia. Same for wife but she had the no taste or smell early on as first sign.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
28 Apr 2021 14:20
wallyuwl wrote:
27 Apr 2021 20:26
paco wrote:
nice to see you have your priority's in order :lol:

flowers have really gone up imo since the pandemic, I just spent 60 bucks on a funeral boquet about a month ago, and was embarrassed when I saw what a small arrangement they delivered, next time I'am buying a memory tree for 40.
Well, she is letting me get a new truck. :)

Just got one in Sept (Ram Laramie) but don't love the engine or smallish gas tank (23 gallon... in a truck). Used market is nuts right now because of low new inventory, so I can get $4100 more on trade than I paid. Then 0% financing saves over $2000 vs the 1.99% I have with my current truck.

Going to order one tomorrow just like this (below, not from that dealer), same trim level and colors, but not as many options. Onle extras not already included with the Limited trim will be engine block heater and bed utility group. Still unsure to keep the standard 26 gallon tank or go 33 for $445.

https://www.vhchryslermanitowoc.com/veh ... d-40050112

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Put the deposit down on the truck order today. Now the waiting begins. 8 weeks, maybe more.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Captain_Ben wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:28
My wife and I didn’t experience anything extreme in terms of COVID infection. We did, and continue to, have taste and smell decrement that persists today but didn’t suffer any other significant infection symptoms. Some minor fever that persisted maybe a day along with some minor body aches, too. Overall, tho, had I not known and been looking for COVID symptoms, I’d have never thought twice about having just another head cold.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
30 Apr 2021 18:30
Put the deposit down on the truck order today. Now the waiting begins. 8 weeks, maybe more.
well new units aint cheap either, 67 K is a lot of coin, nice truck though, pretty Burgandy, is that what you ordered? the engine and tank size depends a lot on how the truck will be used, if your hauling a camper then ya need some torgue, and obviously the fuel tank will never be big enough in that situation.

I can't believe inflation since the pandemic, a 3 dollar 2x4 is now over 7 bucks, supply and demand economics at work now, anyway hope your truck doesn't take to long to arrive, I'am sure delivery on new vehicles is slower now to

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
07 May 2021 13:51
wallyuwl wrote:
30 Apr 2021 18:30
well new units aint cheap either, 67 K is a lot of coin, nice truck though, pretty Burgandy, is that what you ordered? the engine and tank size depends a lot on how the truck will be used, if your hauling a camper then ya need some torgue, and obviously the fuel tank will never be big enough in that situation.

I can't believe inflation since the pandemic, a 3 dollar 2x4 is now over 7 bucks, supply and demand economics at work now, anyway hope your truck doesn't take to long to arrive, I'am sure delivery on new vehicles is slower now to
That isn't the truck, I ordered one but it is similar to that. I have the chrome bumpers, though. My MSRP is $62,985. Just got the VIN today. Kept 26 gallon tank instead of upgrading to 33. But am having the dealer see if it is too late to add the Adv Safety Group, which gives adaptive cruise control, pedestrian braking, 360 camera, lane keep assist, and parking assist. If too late to add, no biggie. Had a dangerous situation today on the highway that made me at least pursue it. Easily could have been a pretty bad collision if I wasn't as attentive as I was.

Used prices (and trade values) are crazy high right now. But new prices are crazy, too. MSRP are rising quickly and most dealers of most brands are selling at or near MSRP - incentives. But incentives are the worst I have ever seen them. Glad I got mine locked in at end of last month (0% for 72 months plus $500 rebate on a RAM Limited), as they got worse this month (took away the $500 rebate) and will probably continue to do so. My deal is Invoice - holdback - incentives. So pretty good, actually, especially in this market and with my trade.

If anyone is in the market for a new Chrysler, Jeep, RAM, or Dodge in or near WI PM me.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’m doing some float work filling in with the Temple University Flight EMS program. In Philly for 4 days. Had a steak sandwich from “Steve’s Prince of Steaks” and woah! Now I see why the Philly sandwiches are touted! Great sandwich!

Didn’t you live in Philadelphia [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention]? What are some other good sandwich joints around? I’ve heard Gino’s has gone all tourist. Jim’s in Philly proper is supposedly good but a drive from where I’m staying. I’ve heard good things about Pudge’s, too. Any recommendations? Looking for good local cuisine, not just steak sandwiches.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Mar 2020 15:28
It's one thing to struggle with technology. It's a completely separate thing to not understand reply and reply all... :thwap: :kaboom:
I swear to God half the staff at my school can't figure this out.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Happy 8th of May!
RIP JustJeff