General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
16 Apr 2021 08:30
We should have cut him in 2015.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Acrobat wrote:
16 Apr 2021 09:12
NCF wrote:
The people who wanted to cut him were crackheads. I liked the pick initially because he was a God at Fresno but after that season I thought he was a scrub. You dont cut a 2nd round pick that early. You give him his chance to develop and even if he fails then throw him at special teams.

It still doesnt make any sense though. How do you sprain your ankle and forget how to catch?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Apr 2021 13:42
Acrobat wrote:
16 Apr 2021 09:12
NCF wrote:
The people who wanted to cut him were crackheads. I liked the pick initially because he was a God at Fresno but after that season I thought he was a scrub. You dont cut a 2nd round pick that early. You give him his chance to develop and even if he fails then throw him at special teams.

It still doesnt make any sense though. How do you sprain your ankle and forget how to catch?
he didn't forget how to catch, he was simply inconsistent getting to the catch point his second year do to the injury, still he was on the field more then any other receiver we had, people that thought Adams was a bust year two just wanted something to complain about.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Davante Adams- What a garbage receiver. Cant get open. Cant catch. He doesnt have the size to dominate a DB or the speed to burn them either. An absolute bum.
:shock:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Apr 2021 20:49
Davante Adams- What a garbage receiver. Cant get open. Cant catch. He doesnt have the size to dominate a DB or the speed to burn them either. An absolute bum.
:shock:
I mean at least he wasn't garbage juice.

Just garbage.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

From Peter King's weekly FMIA column.

Julian Edelman, with the 2009 draft entering the 6th round and his expectations for being drafted starting to dwindle:
So, in the draft, it’s the sixth round, and all of a sudden, a bunch of teams start calling. “Hey, we’re not going to draft you but we’ll give you 20 grand to come be a priority free agent.” We had probably four, five teams calling. (Agent) Don Yee says, “You know, I think the best fit for you would be the Packers. If you don’t get drafted, we’ll go to the Packers.” He felt that this would be the best role for me. And then he also says, right before he hangs up, “New England did trade for another seventh-rounder. I wouldn’t be surprised but I don’t know.”
The rest, as they say, is history as Edelman was drafted in the 7th by New England. File this under the "what if..." category.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
19 Apr 2021 06:44
From Peter King's weekly FMIA column.

Julian Edelman, with the 2009 draft entering the 6th round and his expectations for being drafted starting to dwindle:
So, in the draft, it’s the sixth round, and all of a sudden, a bunch of teams start calling. “Hey, we’re not going to draft you but we’ll give you 20 grand to come be a priority free agent.” We had probably four, five teams calling. (Agent) Don Yee says, “You know, I think the best fit for you would be the Packers. If you don’t get drafted, we’ll go to the Packers.” He felt that this would be the best role for me. And then he also says, right before he hangs up, “New England did trade for another seventh-rounder. I wouldn’t be surprised but I don’t know.”
The rest, as they say, is history as Edelman was drafted in the 7th by New England. File this under the "what if..." category.
Maybe wouldn't have drafted Cobb right? Unless we decided to move on from Edelmann.

The year we could have really used Edelman was 2011 as a replacement for Driver as Donald really fell off in 2011. But it would have been tough for Julianne. Our WR was just so stacked. The years where we could have used Julianne a lot was 2013 - 2019. Certainly better to rely on him over Trevor Davis.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.png
image.png (877.08 KiB) Viewed 693 times

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Snaps gained vs snaps lost via OTC- interesting to see the two teams that stayed together the most

https://overthecap.com/net-snaps-gained ... t-in-2021/

IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gio Bernard had 570 snaps last year.

That graph must be a bit outdated.

Love getting back into these old Ted offseasons. 8-)

Reassuring to have such struggles to retain your own quality players.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
24 Apr 2021 21:15
I can't wait to see him in Preseason. Even if he struggles, I just want to see what, specifically, he still needs to work on. I can't even imagine what will happen if he looks really good.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
25 Apr 2021 10:02
BF004 wrote:
I can't wait to see him in Preseason. Even if he struggles, I just want to see what, specifically, he still needs to work on. I can't even imagine what will happen if he looks really good.
Boyle looked good, Flynn looked good, many look good till the games matter and edge rushers take there job seriously :lol:

whatever, I"am starting to think this is Aaron's last season as a GB Packer,, he'd still be under contract for a trade, and sense we didn't push his contract money into the future his contract dollars would be acceptable to his new team, and if he has another great year we could probably receive two first round picks.

also the Jerry Kramer 1 hr special is playing at 12 pm today.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
25 Apr 2021 10:50
NCF wrote:
25 Apr 2021 10:02
BF004 wrote:
Boyle looked good, Flynn looked good, many look good till the games matter and edge rushers take there job seriously :lol:

whatever, I"am starting to think this is Aaron's last season as a GB Packer,, he'd still be under contract for a trade, and sense we didn't push his contract money into the future his contract dollars would be acceptable to his new team, and if he has another great year we could probably receive two first round picks.

also the Jerry Kramer 1 hr special is playing at 12 pm today.
The teams keeping their options open.

Its all on Aaron. If he plays like he did last season he is untradeable and my money is on Godgers. Without a &%$@ MM scheme Rodgers cant be stopped.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Bak looks fine to me.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from PFF

Adrian Amos: 92.1 coverage grade in 2020

1st among safeties
IT. IS. TIME