2021 NFL Draft - Day 1 Discussion - NO SPOILERS

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Christo wrote:
30 Apr 2021 07:23
Foosball wrote:
29 Apr 2021 23:01
He doesn’t tackle well in the run game. Offensive Coordinaters will attack him with WR screens.

Speed demon though.
Can his tackling be any worse than Kevin Kings?
1st round pick. I prefer they can cover and tackle.

Kevin King isn’t great at any one aspect. King isn’t a great at covering, tackling, or catching interceptions. So yes at least the Packer chose a player that may be great at 2 out of 3 of those. If that happens, I’ll be ecstatic.

But I’m still underwhelmed by the pick.

5 years from now I think Bateman will be looked at as the best receiver in this draft. When he fell, I was hoping the Packers would move up and snag him.
Love is the answer…

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Foosball wrote:
30 Apr 2021 09:55
5 years from now I think Bateman will be looked at as the best receiver in this draft. When he fell, I was hoping the Packers would move up and snag him.
I agree with you but can't see where it would happen.

You have to get ahead of the Ravens, so 26--Cleveland takes Greg Newsome. Greg Newsome is likely gone by 29 (especially with the Saints at 28), so the Browns probably didn't want to move back.

25 and 24: Jags and Steelers take their RBs that had been rumored, especially Pittsburgh. Maybe they think that's a good bet to stick around, but when your desires are so well known it's pretty risky. It either would have taken a 3rd round pick or a 4th and a 5th (ideal, I suppose) if those teams felt confident they'd get the RB they want. But with two teams interested in RBs there, and also the Bills lurking with the ability to hop up as well, I'm not sure either of those teams takes that risk.

I certainly would support it, and Gutey said they talked about moving up but those didn't materialize. I bet that stretch of picks took place with teams whose "guys" were there for them, so they weren't gonna tempt fate.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

A quick update on [mention]British[/mention]'s Big Board he provided. In round 1, 14 defenders taken. 2 had a round 2 or 2/3 grade. Stokes and Payton Turner. On offense 18 taken, all with at least a 1/2 rating.

Round 1 or 1/2 still available.
Teven Jenkins
Landon Dickerson
Christian Barmore
Levi Onwuzurike
Azeez Ojulari
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

RIP JustJeff