Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I think this is 100% spot on. I get it, too. He doesn't want to be a lame duck and have us control all the cards.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:36
I think this is 100% spot on. I get it, too. He doesn't want to be a lame duck and have us control all the cards.

Aaron Rodgers style of play definitely relies on his quickness, speed, rollouts, movement. If I could get two more years of Rodgers before moving on, I'd bite. Just shy of 40 and a lot of that ability could be depleting. Not sure he's the same QB if he can't move.

Brady is just an animal, even stuck in mud. I expect him playing for a new expansion franchise in 2026 on his way to another ring.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:25
Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:06
YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:02

There is no such thing as forcing a trade. He either shows up and plays or does not. The team decides if he gets traded. A trade is forced when a team decides they'd rather get something for a player not playing on their team than get nothing and have him not play for their team and be a distraction.

But make no mistake, the team is the one who decides if he's traded or not. Rodgers can sit, play, or retire. He has no mechanism to force a trade.
you know I meant that we ( the FO) would not want the distraction, and would rather receive some compensation versus he sits a year and we get nothing, so in essence he would be forcing us to trade him
It's already a distraction. F that. I would rather watch him sit and rot if that's what he thinks he is going to do.

all he's ever wanted was for the front office to listen to his input concerning future decisions, was that to much to ask for? I guess it was, now he's revolted because they had to act like a bunch of control freaks, how stupid, almost everything that Murphy has done for the last 5 years has been stupid, that includes keeping Thompson as GM when it was obvious he had mentally declined, keeping McCarthy when Rodgers, and other players had openly complained, giving Rodgers a early extension which now appears to be appeasement money, not allowing his input what so ever with the hire of Lafluer, in fact telling him to shut up when he questioned that decision, then a year later drafting his replacement, who in Rodgers shows wouldn't be upset?
Rodgers understands WHO runs this show, he simply wanted to be involved in the process even though he really had no say in the outcome of it, common freaking courtesy.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:

so do I, and Murphy and Guty need to pull there head out of there ass and get this done, should have months ago and we wouldn't be discussing this today.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:

Absolutely not.

He signed the deal he signed. We already have to give him prorated dollars from his 2018 signing bonus. Why do we need to give him more and why do we not get compensation and let him walk scot free after 2 years?

I get so sick of players wanting to rework already good deals for them that they signed a few years ago.

It's not like Rodgers is being sorely underpaid or anything. I think that's what pisses me off the most. We shouldn't have to eat Rodgers cap in 2023 and 2024 AND let him go wherever he wants to go in 2023.

If he gave us 3 or more rings, I would be more considerate to that. But he didn't. At that point he is just making the Packers hostage to his own wants and that is also unwarranted.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:40
NCF wrote:

Aaron Rodgers style of play definitely relies on his quickness, speed, rollouts, movement. If I could get two more years of Rodgers before moving on, I'd bite. Just shy of 40 and a lot of that ability could be depleting. Not sure he's the same QB if he can't move.

Brady is just an animal, even stuck in mud. I expect him playing for a new expansion franchise in 2026 on his way to another ring.

Green he didn't move much last year and turned in a MVP season, Rodgers has a lot of game left, he could play here two more years and play for the Bronco's for 3 more after that, Rodgers is a lot younger then his years.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:41
NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:25
Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:06

you know I meant that we ( the FO) would not want the distraction, and would rather receive some compensation versus he sits a year and we get nothing, so in essence he would be forcing us to trade him
It's already a distraction. F that. I would rather watch him sit and rot if that's what he thinks he is going to do.

all he's ever wanted was for the front office to listen to his input concerning future decisions, was that to much to ask for? I guess it was, now he's revolted because they had to act like a bunch of control freaks, how stupid, almost everything that Murphy has done for the last 5 years has been stupid, that includes keeping Thompson as GM when it was obvious he had mentally declined, keeping McCarthy when Rodgers, and other players had openly complained, giving Rodgers a early extension which now appears to be appeasement money, not allowing his input what so ever with the hire of Lafluer, in fact telling him to shut up when he questioned that decision, then a year later drafting his replacement, who in Rodgers shows wouldn't be upset?
Rodgers understands WHO runs this show, he simply wanted to be involved in the process even though he really had no say in the outcome of it, common freaking courtesy.
Rodgers really wants to win. I don’t think he believes in the team ability to give him his best shot anymore. The Love pick was the last straw. Can’t blame him. There’s no way the Packers could justify Love helping Rodgers win.

This is the same guy who recognized MM was washed up and forced him out bashing the flow of play calling in a shutout against the Bills. The guy got his coach fired because he knew he couldn’t get it done.

Rodgers wants to win and he’s looking out for himself.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:46
TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:40
NCF wrote:

Green he didn't move much last year and turned in a MVP season, Rodgers has a lot of game left, he could play here two more years and play for the Bronco's for 3 more after that, Rodgers is a lot younger then his years.
So were other QB's that were turning 38, like Brees and Favre, and then age caught up to them. Brady is the only exception to the rule.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Next step, Rodgers saying bye to teammates?
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

John Kuhn had a SAVAGE Tweet!

“I think Guty needs to see what weapon he can draft for Jordan Love tonight.” (Or words to that effect.)

Ouch!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The level-headedness of page 11 is the best. Nice job guys! :aok:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It just really sucks we didn't win another SB with Rodgers. 2011, 2014 and 2020 are such wasted rosters and opportunities.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

LOL.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

A reminder on the cap situation with Rodgers. Remember that you can not trade him today and designate it a June 1 deal. Trades don't work that way.
RIP JustJeff

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:44
NCF wrote:

Absolutely not.

He signed the deal he signed. We already have to give him prorated dollars from his 2018 signing bonus. Why do we need to give him more and why do we not get compensation and let him walk scot free after 2 years?

I get so sick of players wanting to rework already good deals for them that they signed a few years ago.

It's not like Rodgers is being sorely underpaid or anything. I think that's what pisses me off the most. We shouldn't have to eat Rodgers cap in 2023 and 2024 AND let him go wherever he wants to go in 2023.

If he gave us 3 or more rings, I would be more considerate to that. But he didn't. At that point he is just making the Packers hostage to his own wants and that is also unwarranted.
💯

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2021 11:08
LOL.

I actually thought of this last night.

I'd pull the trigger on that in a heartbeat. :rotf:
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:41
Had he "just been involved" in the processes, what the heck good would've that done? We likely would've done NOTHING he would've wanted us to do. How would being involved and overruled have made him happier?

Imagine AR in the coach search. He would've gotten to say perhaps "I want coach X, Y or Z, someone with wide open air attack", and Murphy would've been like "Thanks for your input, but we're hiring LaFleur who likes to run the ball, anyways".

And "just being involved" in last years draft...

Gutey: "So Aaron, what do would you like?"
AR: "A WR would be nice. JJ or Aiyuk! Or both!"
Gutey: "Thanks for your valuable opinion. But Love is falling and he's by far the highest graded player on our board. We want to protect the franchise long term and you're getting old. We're trading up for him. You OK with it?"
AR: "Wait what!? You can't d..."
Gutey: "Thaaaank you so much for just being part of the process. We appreciate and value your opinion so much! Gus, call Love, we're picking him".
AR: "Motherf...."

Point being: There's a reason you don't give players ANY hope of influencing personnel decisions. Most of the time you're not gonna be able to do what they'd want, so you'll just !@#$ them off. Resources are finite, and the good of the organization can be different from good of one star player.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:07
I've slept on it, and I've come to the simple conclusion that 1. Rodgers is a savage, waiting to leak the dirty on draft day - this was purely calculated - and 2. he doesn't have a whole lot to be upset about, other than Jordan Love, there isn't enough to be the diva he's currently being. Team should be stacked after this draft, with returning most of our starters. If we finished 4-12 last year, and the O was in the dumps, I could maybe understand it... but what exactly is there to really complain about right now? Love was a year ago, get over it. Or don't, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.
To add to this, is he really crabbing about the team or just miffed about his contract. Can't ever blame a guy for wanting more. I don't see his actions or behavior (whatever that may truly be, because we really don't know unless the words come off his lips) as being detrimental to the team.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 11:25
NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2021 11:08
LOL.

I actually thought of this last night.

I'd pull the trigger on that in a heartbeat. :rotf:
That would be epic.

If he's traded, there's no way GB gives any thought to his wishes. Especially if he makes things toxic before then. If he's no longer gonna be a Packer, only compensation matters (and getting him outta NFC North, preferably NFC entirely).