Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I hate people going "oh, AR has no guaranteed money left in his contract". A) He no longer has guaranteed money coming up because he chose to get paid years ago. He had the option of not taking an early extension. But he wanted the money then, not later. It was his choice. We paid him a $57.5M signing bonus AND guaranteed roster bonuses for years. That's as committed as teams ever get. If he had suffered a career-ending injury year 1, 2, or 3, the franchise would've been utterly and completely devastated. That's commitment. B) AR was just paid a 6.8M roster bonus. He has it in his bank account. That's as guaranteed as it gets.

If AR wanted the years from 2021 forward to be guaranteed, he could've either not taken an early extension and the money that came with it, or would now agree to restructure/extend for a more guaranteed years.

Contract-wise, the Packers have been more than fair with AR.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Apr 2021 13:40
If #12 Rodgers (not #12 Dickey or #12 Bratkowski) emerges from the corner of the south endzone again in a Packers uniform ........... What will be the reaction be from the fans in the stands? If I am there I am pretty sure I'd just shut up and wait for line to dictate the offenses success. I know this makes no sense, but what does? What about the Ring of Honor ceremony? And all of the HOF talk? The Packers Hall of Fame induction?

This is so much of a mess. Bears and Vikings fans have gotta be lovin' it.

Rootin' for Gutey and the new CB from Georgia now. Let's see what happens next.

GO PACK GO !!
Rodgers will get a good reception. And this won't effect his ring of honor induction etc. Favre went to the Vikes to stick it to us and beat us twice and was welcomed back with open arms a few years later.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

British wrote:
30 Apr 2021 13:54
and was welcomed back with open arms a few years later.
You'd be surprised how many still are upset with Favre.

Even some on here that won't even "speak" his name.

:messedup:
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Depends on the manner of leaving... This isn't a good start.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I more think that with AROD's personality, he might leave and never want to come back for a ROH ceremony. Look at his falling out with his family, for example. Just a weird dude.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 13:58
British wrote:

No doubt. The internet is full of cranky types. But if you look at the footage from Brett's ring of honour induction, nothing but love.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

British wrote:
30 Apr 2021 14:02
TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 13:58
British wrote:

No doubt. The internet is full of cranky types. But if you look at the footage from Brett's ring of honour induction, nothing but love.
Oh yeah. I remember watching that and was thinking "If I hear boos..."

Glad it turned out awesome!
RIP JustJeff

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:15
go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:05
Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 11:57

that was the point Lewis was making, he wants Rodgers back, he knows if Rodgers goes, so does his ring.

I bet there isn't a person here that thought Tampa would win the SB when Brady went there, a team that would give a lot to get Rodgers would also give as much as possible to help Rodger achieve the same result
And the point we are making is the Packers have. The Packers have given up as much as possible, save one draft pick selection, to get the results for Rodgers that Brady got last year.

The only difference is Adams and Rodgers didn't make the plays to score enough points whereas Godwin and Brady did to score the points.

And then your underlying situation of our edge rushers not stepping up like the Bucs edge rushers did and our top end LT wasn't there to help stop their edge rushers.

But you don't go 13-3 two in years in row unless you have really good football teams. Rodgers alone isn't good enough to do that. If he was, the Packers would have done it a lot more. No we only did that when the team was special; when the team was the top of the league such as 2011, 2014, 2019 and 2020.
Rodgers didn't lose that game, he had maybe two or 3 plays he could have done better, it was the rest of the supporting cast and coaching that sent the Bucs to the SB, peopel are so quick to blame Rodgers whenever we lose, why? because he didn't play as best as he has in the past, that is si idiotic
He didn't win that game either. First and goal inside the 10 yard line and he didn't move the team an inch. I'm not about to give him a pat on the back for that.
Last time I checked, it's a team game and right now, he's not helping his team.

He's been the QB for 4 different NFC final games since 2011, and he hasn't lit the world on fire in those games.
All we heard from him last season was, lets get the game in Lambeau and we like our chances. Well, they got it and not much happened.

Once you become a diva, good chance your not going to change back into a normal guy.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:18
TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:07
I've slept on it, and I've come to the simple conclusion that 1. Rodgers is a savage, waiting to leak the dirty on draft day - this was purely calculated - and 2. he doesn't have a whole lot to be upset about, other than Jordan Love, there isn't enough to be the diva he's currently being. Team should be stacked after this draft, with returning most of our starters. If we finished 4-12 last year, and the O was in the dumps, I could maybe understand it... but what exactly is there to really complain about right now? Love was a year ago, get over it. Or don't, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.
This was the exact reaction of a panelist on the NFL Network when the story broke and it was so validating. David Carr said something similar though in a later segment had been convinced to be more deferential to QBs as part of the clique, I suppose. That was sort of weird. But yeah, there are people out there pointing out exactly how good Rodgers has it
The scrum is about Rodgers contract. Not about how good the team is. The Packers have everything set up to get rid of Aaron after 2021 or 2022. By then Rodgers will be 1- 2 years older. Rodgers wants to go now and get started with a new team. Prove to them the Love pick was a mistake.

You could say that Rodgers wants some Love
Love is the answer…

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Foosball wrote:
30 Apr 2021 14:10
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Seems like all the reports from the Packer writers today is about how Packers messed up. Um, no.

Aaron needs to shut up and let this team conduct their business in the draft and remaining FA.

Sure he wants a longer guarantee. Who wouldn’t. But is isn’t going to get one. And now he is just making things worse.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Foosball wrote:
30 Apr 2021 14:10
YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:18
TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:07
I've slept on it, and I've come to the simple conclusion that 1. Rodgers is a savage, waiting to leak the dirty on draft day - this was purely calculated - and 2. he doesn't have a whole lot to be upset about, other than Jordan Love, there isn't enough to be the diva he's currently being. Team should be stacked after this draft, with returning most of our starters. If we finished 4-12 last year, and the O was in the dumps, I could maybe understand it... but what exactly is there to really complain about right now? Love was a year ago, get over it. Or don't, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.
This was the exact reaction of a panelist on the NFL Network when the story broke and it was so validating. David Carr said something similar though in a later segment had been convinced to be more deferential to QBs as part of the clique, I suppose. That was sort of weird. But yeah, there are people out there pointing out exactly how good Rodgers has it
The scrum is about Rodgers contract. Not about how good the team is. The Packers have everything set up to get rid of Aaron after 2021 or 2022. By then Rodgers will be 1- 2 years older. Rodgers wants to go now and get started with a new team. Prove to them the Love pick was a mistake.

right, Rodgers wants to leave the team that gives him the best chance for success, this has nothing to do with money, or even about Love ( although that seems like the last straw) it's about the attitude the FO has taken prior to the demotion of Thompson, while the FO has given the appearance of doing everything to win, it obviously hasn't or Thompson would have been forced into retireme nt sooner, McCarthy would have been replaced in 2016, and we would have used a first round pick on offense prior to Love, 10 years all first round picks on defense, the last time we used a 2nd on a receiver was 2014.

your right, Rodgers wants some love, but from the team he's now squabbling with.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Aaron Rodgers and his agent are the dumbest people to ever play the game of contract negotiation in 2018 if he is having a fit after year 3 of a 6 year deal.

The more I think about this the more angry I am at Rodgers. The Packers are nearly guaranteed to needing to keep you for at least two more seasons and you have a loaded roster to do it and you are complaining because the only "negative" alternative out there for you if you stay in GB is the Packers control your rights where you will end up in 2023 for one season.

And what is even dumber for Rodgers is if he would have waited until the 2023 offseason to be traded...he would have had MORE leverage because no team is going to trade significant assets for a quarterback unless they know that the quarterback wants to be on that team for a few years.

I just honestly can't understand the positive that Rodgers gets by playing this card he is playing. He is making everyone a loser including himself.

I can at least forgive Favre a bit more because he makes decisions from the hip. But this was all pre-mediated when everything was going good for him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers was meta and cool just a couple months ago. Everytime he was asked he acted like his future would be up to the org.

It’s kind of obvious to me that he wants to be the jeopardy host. Even over the Packers QB if the team isn’t thrilled about him doing both. He probably is trying to get to the West Coast so he can more easily do both.

Jeopardy seems to be the thing that has changed his calculus to me. Nothing else has really changed dramatically.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 14:25

right, Rodgers wants to leave the team that gives him the best chance for success, this has nothing to do with money, or even about Love ( although that seems like the last straw) it's about the attitude the FO has taken prior to the demotion of Thompson, while the FO has given the appearance of doing everything to win, it obviously hasn't or Thompson would have been forced into retireme nt sooner, McCarthy would have been replaced in 2016, and we would have used a first round pick on offense prior to Love, 10 years all first round picks on defense, the last time we used a 2nd on a receiver was 2014.

your right, Rodgers wants some love, but from the team he's now squabbling with.
Do you not get though how stupid this all is? If you are upset that the Packers "failed" you from 2015 - 2017, which is what all the "angst of FO failure" is stemming from, then don't sign a contract extension in 2018.

But let's look at what the Packers have done SINCE his contract extension.

1. Gute and Murphy fire MM.
2. Gute and Murphy hire the best young coach in the league.
3. The Packers defense turns into a top 10 unit and the Packers are still not content and try to improve further by firing the DC.
4. The Packers accumulate one of the best Olines in the league.
5. The Packers generate one of the best rushing attacks in the league.
6. The Packers become the #1 offense in the league.
7. The Packers go 13-3 two years in a row.
8. The Packers go to the NFC Title game two years in a row.

Literally. Every freaking decision since Rodgers signed that contract extension in August 2018 has been to go all in for this new window except one move which was because the rest of the players high on the Packers board were taken and the QB they thought would be gone fell and the Packers stuck to their board.

Beyond that, the Packers have signed high end FA's. Lots of them. The Packers have taken chances in the daft. The Packers have been creative from a coaching standpoint. The Packers are deferring money into future years like crazy to keep the team as loaded as possible. The Packers are even putting VOID years in contracts which they never do to keep the band together.

Like if I am Gute I am thinking, "what else do you want me to freaking do?" This narrative that the Packers are screwing Rodgers is beyond ridiculous. Especially when you view it through the time period that currently only matters which is after Training Camp 2018.
Last edited by go pak go on 30 Apr 2021 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 14:40
It’s kind of obvious to me that he wants to be the jeopardy host. Even over the Packers QB if the team isn’t thrilled about him doing both. He probably is trying to get to the West Coast so he can more easily do both.

Jeopardy seems to be the thing that has changed his calculus to me. Nothing else has really changed dramatically.
I mean, if this is the hang up, let me know and I will get in the Jeep and track down the Packers brass and slap them silly tonight. No reason to keep him from doing that. That makes zero sense to me.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

obviously Rodgers now looks 2021 as his last season as a Packer, even though GUTY SAID THIS YEAR AND BEYOND, he doesn't trust Guty to be truthful concerning the beyond comment, and he doesn't want Guty to ship him to some team with zero chance to win another ring, he wants control of his destiny, imagine that, a ultra competitive athlete wants to have more success, the gall of this premi donna :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2021 14:43
Drj820 wrote:

I mean, if this is the hang up, let me know and I will get in the Jeep and track down the Packers brass and slap them silly tonight. No reason to keep him from doing that. That makes zero sense to me.
I mean other than Rodgers has potentially planned on doing this since last draft, what else has changed?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
Rodgers was meta and cool just a couple months ago. Everytime he was asked he acted like his future would be up to the org.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me.

I think Rodgers wants to be the Jeapardy host and is looking at his long term career and the Packers plans the next two or three years is in the way of that.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 14:44
obviously Rodgers now looks 2021 as his last season as a Packer, even though GUTY SAID THIS YEAR AND BEYOND, he doesn't trust Guty to be truthful concerning the beyond comment, and he doesn't want Guty to ship him to some team with zero chance to win another ring, he wants control of his destiny, imagine that, a ultra competitive athlete wants to have more success, the gall of this premi donna :rotf:
then don't sign a 6 year deal.

And again, it is in the best interest of the Packers to keep Rodgers for 21 and 22. So likely Rodgers gets shipped to a team he doesn't want for a year. Maybe two if trade happened in 22. Big whoop.

But doing what he is doing is not going to help his situation one bit. All he is maybe doing is ensuring he may now play for a crappy team he doesn't want to play for now 3 years rather 1 or 2 years.

Top notch strategic thinking there Rodgers.
Last edited by go pak go on 30 Apr 2021 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote: