2021 NFL Draft - Day 2 Discussion - NO SPOILERS

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 09:25
I $%@# HATE that all the analysis and talk starts with a minute of how we didn't get a 1st round receiver and/or the Rodgers talk. So regodamndiculous!
I can't even bring myself to watch or read much yet because of that.

Eric Stokes wouldn't have gotten burned by Scotty Miller at the end of the first half NFCCG, ok? Let's start there.

(I read a whole profile about how Stokes prides himself on never giving up 9 routes)

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

So why is JOK still on the board? I know he is a little bit of a guy without a position, but I read all of the things that Isaiah Simmons struggled with, JOK was more polished and likely to succeed. Is it stigma, position identification, and small stature, or is it really he isn't as good as I thought he was?

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 09:32
go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 09:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
I $%@# HATE that all the analysis and talk starts with a minute of how we didn't get a 1st round receiver and/or the Rodgers talk. So regodamndiculous!
So for decades I had to hear that the Packers couldn't give Rodgers a defense to win it all. What a disservice.

So now when we are trying to give Rodgers a defense it is a major disservice we don't give him a weapon when the team was the #1 offense in 2020.

Do they know how stupid that sounds?
It's even more $%@# stupid than that! He has the games beat receiver, the games beat left tackle, a guard who may now be top 3, a TE who led the league in YD receptions, and a RB who is probably top 5. $%@#! Just stop!!
Well yeah. You don't become the #1 offense WITHOUT having top end talent at key spots on the offense.

I just get so sick of when the Packers are good it's only because of Aaron Rodgers and no credit given elsewhere and when the Packers offense stumbles it's not at all because of Rodgers but instead his support staff sucks.

It's so old and counter-intuitive on the constant narrative that Rodgers gets it both ways.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
So for decades I had to hear that the Packers couldn't give Rodgers a defense to win it all. What a disservice.

So now when we are trying to give Rodgers a defense it is a major disservice we don't give him a weapon when the team was the #1 offense in 2020.

It's even more $%@# stupid than that! He has the games beat receiver, the games beat left tackle, a guard who may now be top 3, a TE who led the league in YD receptions, and a RB who is probably top 5. $%@#! Just stop!!
And if we did somehow manage to give AR great weapons to go along with a great OL, great running game and a great defense (heck, throw in great STs, too!), and then did win the SB, it would be accredited only to AR's greatness... ;) :rotf:

But yeah, the idea that the only thing that helps a QB is receiving weapons is so lazy. Another simpleton narrative aimed at the fabled casual fan. Build the best overall team you can, that should help any QB.

With that in mind, I'm looking forward to today a lot. We have the draft ammo to move around, let get some good uns.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2021 09:35
So why is JOK still on the board? I know he is a little bit of a guy without a position, but I read all of the things that Isaiah Simmons struggled with, JOK was more polished and likely to succeed. Is it stigma, position identification, and small stature, or is it really he isn't as good as I thought he was?
I'm interested, too, but also this sort of "drop" has happened with guys I consider to be this style several times. Shaq Thompson (25th) and Myles Jack (36th) come to mind for me.

But I am surprised he didn't go.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

A note. If I were making trades today, up and back, I'd push teams to throw us a 7th back this year. MULTIPLE teams have talked about how the smaller pool of guys that they have good info on will lead to less players being on each team's board and will probably have a big impact in the UDFA market afterward. Having a team throw us a 7th round to sort of throw our UDFA targets into the draft where we have control of the outcome would be highly beneficial in a year like this.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yup, I am all aboard the trade-up bandwagon. Send one of those 4ths away, or both, or our 3rd but trade-up again with both those 4ths.

I feel like we can get a guy if we move up in this round who would have been a good pick at 29. Moore, Barmore, etc.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2021 09:35
probably a little of both, I thought he go prior to our pick, obviously like us other teams value other positions higher, I think Jok, Barmore, E. Moore will be in the first group of picks tonight.

the top 3 off ballers went as I expected, top 20, I still thought JOK would make 4 in round one,

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (131.26 KiB) Viewed 403 times

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 09:44
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Well yeah. You don't become the #1 offense WITHOUT having top end talent at key spots on the offense.

I just get so sick of when the Packers are good it's only because of Aaron Rodgers and no credit given elsewhere and when the Packers offense stumbles it's not at all because of Rodgers but instead his support staff sucks.

It's so old and counter-intuitive on the constant narrative that Rodgers gets it both ways.
this is bull and you know it GPG, our defense received a lot of credit for 019, in fact we read a ton of articles about the pass rush, Alexander, Savage, Amos, Clark and both Smiths, your so pissed off your spotting any ol nonsensical thing that comes to mind.

we also have no idea WHO Rodgers would have preferred if we had not picked LOVE, not ever do I remember Rodgers complaining about the WR group other then a comment about one playing with his cell phone in a meeting, yet to the casual observer like myself and anyone with half a brain it's needed a influx of actually talented receiver for at least a few years, just because Rodgers can turn a stooge into a servicable WR doesn't mean he wouldn't have been able to get more production from a better prospect, thats insane thinking to think he wouldn't have.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think Rodgers would have preferred anything over Love.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:07
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

this is bull and you know it GPG, our defense received a lot of credit for 019, in fact we read a ton of articles about the pass rush, Alexander, Savage, Amos, Clark and both Smiths, your so pissed off your spotting any ol nonsensical thing that comes to mind.

we also have no idea WHO Rodgers would have preferred if we had not picked LOVE, not ever do I remember Rodgers complaining about the WR group other then a comment about one playing with his cell phone in a meeting, yet to the casual observer like myself and anyone with half a brain it's needed a influx of actually talented receiver for at least a few years, just because Rodgers can turn a stooge into a servicable WR doesn't mean he wouldn't have been able to get more production from a better prospect, thats insane thinking to think he wouldn't have.
1. Really don't know what point you are making in this post at all. I don't know what you are are referring to me about being bull at all.

2. I am having a really hard time with the WR argument considering all the WRs that would have been good fits in GB were gone by the time the Packers selected at pick 26.

The main thing is it is very ridiculous to complain we don't have a valid #2 WR when we have the best #1 WR in the league, the best LT in the league, a top 5 RB in the league and substantial up and coming support weapons with Dillon and Tonyan as well as putting out a top end offensive line for the last two years.

So your point of our defense playing well in 2019 clarifies my point even further. The Packers gave Rodgers a fantastic supporting cast on both sides of the ball the last two years. Continued bitching beyond what he was given is the irrational defense for Rodgers that I am getting so sick of.

The Packers were 13-3 when Rodgers was a 10th rated QB in the league. The Packers were 13-3 when Rodgers was the MVP in the league.

The Packers are a damn good situation for Rodgers to be in.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:18
And I think the Packers would prefer Rodgers to play at least one good game in any of his 5 attempts in an NFC Title game.

Seriously this whole situation with Rodgers is so petty on his end. He literally could have had the best of both worlds. He could have had a top end team from 2020 to 2022 and then get traded to another team who would do a Bucs/Broncos situation and go all in for 2 years and mortgage the team to do it afterwards.

Instead he is choosing this path which just makes everyone a loser.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:18
Tough titty.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:21
Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:07
go pak go wrote:

1. Really don't know what point you are making in this post at all. I don't know what you are are referring to me about being bull at all.

2. I am having a really hard time with the WR argument considering all the WRs that would have been good fits in GB were gone by the time the Packers selected at pick 26.

The main thing is it is very ridiculous to complain we don't have a valid #2 WR when we have the best #1 WR in the league, the best LT in the league, a top 5 RB in the league and substantial up and coming support weapons with Dillon and Tonyan as well as putting out a top end offensive line for the last two years.

So your point of our defense playing well in 2019 clarifies my point even further. The Packers gave Rodgers a fantastic supporting cast on both sides of the ball the last two years. Continued bitching beyond what he was given is the irrational defense for Rodgers that I am getting so sick of.

The Packers were 13-3 when Rodgers was a 10th rated QB in the league. The Packers were 13-3 when Rodgers was the MVP in the league.

The Packers are a damn good situation for Rodgers to be in.
you just said Rodgers gets all the credit, I responded with BULL, the defense received most of the credit for 019, you said Rodgers was rated #10, which leaves out that the offense was in a new scheme and everyone on offense experienced problems with adjusting to it through out the season, again you phrase the conversation swo you can lay the blame on Rodgers.

as Marvin Lewis said, we went 13-3 the last two season and he has Rodgers to thank for that, obviously you disagree.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

BF004 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 11:09
image.jpeg

Our secondary is The Legion Of Zoom

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This Rodgers &%$@ is really draining the fun out of this.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 13:07

as Marvin Lewis said, we went 13-3 the last two season and he has Rodgers to thank for that, obviously you disagree.
Yoop wrote:

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I want three picks from 33 to 99. We need trade up from our later rounds.

I want a WR that wins at the LOS.

I want a DL that is stout and disruptive.

I want an ILB whose hair is on fire.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
30 Apr 2021 15:26
I want three picks from 33 to 99. We need trade up from our later rounds.

I want a WR that wins at the LOS.

I want a DL that is stout and disruptive.

I want an ILB whose hair is on fire.
Man, if they don't extend Adams or re-sign MVS, the cupboard is going to be really bare at WR next year. I still want the slot/gadget guy more, but yeah, we could use a legit WR prospect, too.

Read More. Post Less.