Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I guess is Aaron doesn’t play this year for the packers, any which way. I don’t want an average vet, sink or swim with Love, ready or not. Got 4-13 and get a pick and him going, or maybe he’ll surprise and we compete right away. I don’t want to get a Nick Foles and play him and to 9-8 and get a crap pick.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 15:59
I guess is Aaron doesn’t play this year for the packers, any which way. I don’t want an average vet, sink or swim with Love, ready or not. Got 4-13 and get a pick and him going, or maybe he’ll surprise and we compete right away. I don’t want to get a Nick Foles and play him and to 9-8 and get a crap pick.
True. But we will need a backup who isn't also a rookie. I really wish we had Tim Boyle right now because again. We are going to need another QB on the roster who isn't a rookie whether that is Rodgers or whether that is someone else.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 16:06
BF004 wrote:
True. But we will need a backup who isn't also a rookie. I really wish we had Tim Boyle right now because again. We are going to need another QB on the roster who isn't a rookie whether that is Rodgers or whether that is someone else.
No need for a vet. Love plays one way or the other. Either he kills it and hes the guy or he sucks and we get a good pick.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I think it all comes down to the Jordan Love pick, and I still think that if you are a professional playing at a very high level you should be worried about what's in front of you instead of who's trying to chase you down.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 16:09
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:
No need for a vet. Love plays one way or the other. Either he kills it and hes the guy or he sucks and we get a good pick.
Backup quarterbacks have important roles too even if they aren't playing. You want a quarterback who has knowledge and can help give calls as well as look at things or give ideas during the week in the QB room.

Again. We will need a quarterback outside of Love who is not a rookie. It is a must. You can get guys that will cost under $1 million but are not rookies.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

No way you draft love in first round and in year 2 look for a vet to start.

However, if we have to go this route it is kinda sad considering we seemed ready to run it back one more time
Last edited by Drj820 on 30 Apr 2021 17:14, edited 2 times in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 16:21
lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 16:09
go pak go wrote:

Backup quarterbacks have important roles too even if they aren't playing. You want a quarterback who has knowledge and can help give calls as well as look at things or give ideas during the week in the QB room.

Again. We will need a quarterback outside of Love who is not a rookie. It is a must. You can get guys that will cost under $1 million but are not rookies.
Disagree on the vet.

Bring in as many young guys as you want, we're not looking for someone to give us a season. We don't know if Love is going to be the answer or not full term, so you my as well see what a number of guys have.
RIP JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:37
YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Apr 2021 12:26
I've thought long and hard about the NFCCG lately

And I've determined that there was no one player we could add to have improved that game. What failed were our strengths all season long. The running game. The pass protection. The Pass rush. The red zone offense, including a drop by Adams and a couple errant throws by Rodgers.

What didn't fail? The run defense, which we know needed help. MVS, who we know we want to upgrade from. The secondary not named King, who nabbed 3 INTs off of Brady.

Fixing any of our season-long problems doesn't look like it impacted our NFCCG much. And adding strength to our season-long strengths would have been no more useful or appreciated on draft day 2020 as any other non-need position.

The team improved last year through development, continuity, and the addition of AJ Dillon, who played his part even if it was a small part. He basically won us the Titans game.

The team will further improve this year through development, continuity, and the addition of Eric Stokes and whoever else comes in; so long as we have OL worked out.

If you want to fix the holes on our team in the draft, though, recognize that the holes were not the reason we got bumped. No one player is. But assuredly, our best players (Adams, Z, and yes Rodgers) along with a sometimes useful starter (King), were among the most at-fault, along with the collective OL-without-Bakh effort (again, who played quite well all season through a variety of shuffles and injuries.

It's inconsistent to group last year's draft and last season's NFCCG failures to each other in any way other than the convenience of "around draft time I said 'this is why we won't win the Super Bowl' and then we didn't win the Super Bowl." That's really the only link. I can't imagine an available-to-us draft class that would have made the difference in THAT game, given how many of our best and most-experienced players fell flat.
:clap:
I second that.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

go pak go: "we need to absolutely have a non-rookie on the team besides Jordan Love so they can help make checks, calls and prepare during the week even when that vet isn't actually playing. Be a good idea to have SOMEONE in the quarterback room who has actually worn a game uniform in the NFL just so there is experience in the room. Doesn't mean it needs to cost a lot of money."

everyone else on this forum: having a vet is stupid play Jordan Love.

go pak go: :thwap: . It's not about not playing Joran Love. It's about having someone with experience to set Jordan Love up as much as possible for success. AJ McCarron has more value at this point than a rookie drafted in the 6th round.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Well how do we get out of the cap crunch that keeping or trading 12 this year has caused in order to acquire players in the trade or bring in another qb?

Thought we were pretty much eating the biggest cap hit for a qb in the league this year no matter what

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 16:43
go pak go: "we need to absolutely have a non-rookie on the team besides Jordan Love so they can help make checks, calls and prepare during the week even when that vet isn't actually playing. Be a good idea to have SOMEONE in the quarterback room who has actually worn a game uniform in the NFL just so there is experience in the room. Doesn't mean it needs to cost a lot of money."

go pak go: :thwap: . It's not about not playing Joran Love. It's about having someone with experience to set Jordan Love up as much as possible for success. AJ McCarron has more value at this point than a rookie drafted in the 6th round.
But I know what I have in AJ McCarron, garbage.

I don't know what I have in that 6th rounder though.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 16:50
go pak go wrote:

Then have 3 quarterbacks! Right now we have two quarterbacks. Rodgers and Love. You're gonna need more than Love, a drafted rookie and/or UDFA.

But like is this forum being serious right now? You don't think it is a good idea to have a guy come in and help Love be successful? Nobody here thinks it may be nice to have at least one person, coach or player, who has played in the NFL so their input can help aid Love in preparing and being successful on Sundays? I know I sure like to have a mentor who has been there and done that as I continue to elevate in my role at my company to lean on.

We are talking a million dollars folks. Also, I have a feeling a guy like Mercedes (Marvin) Lewis may end up retiring if Rodgers is out anyways. But there are ways to clear a million or two dollars in 2021 to make this happen.

This is not a mind blowingly large ask or challenge here.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:04
TheGreenMan wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Then have 3 quarterbacks! Right now we have two quarterbacks. Rodgers and Love. You're gonna need more than Love, a drafted rookie and/or UDFA.

But like is this forum being serious right now? You don't think it is a good idea to have a guy come in and help Love be successful? Nobody here thinks it may be nice to have at least one person, coach or player, who has played in the NFL so their input can help aid Love in preparing and being successful on Sundays? I know I sure like to have a mentor who has been there and done that as I continue to elevate in my role at my company to lean on.

We are talking a million dollars folks. Also, I have a feeling a guy like Mercedes (Marvin) Lewis may end up retiring if Rodgers is out anyways. But there are ways to clear a million or two dollars in 2021 to make this happen.

I think it depends on what the coaching staff does with Love. If the QB coach or others work with him more closely than they would Rodgers, a vet may not be needed. But I agree, having one is not a bad idea at all. But has to be the right guy that knows he's not gonna play (unless injuries happen) and is there to help Love.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If in Year 2 the first round pick is not ready to at least try to play, all eyes turn to Gutey for blowing up the relationship with the HOF qb and trading up to get the guy.

Love was Gutey monumental move. His career will rise or fall with it. Genius or dope.
Last edited by Drj820 on 30 Apr 2021 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:07
go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:04
TheGreenMan wrote:

I think it depends on what the coaching staff does with Love. If the QB coach or others work with him more closely than they would Rodgers, a vet may not be needed. But I agree, having one is not a bad idea at all. But has to be the right guy that knows he's not gonna play (unless injuries happen) and is there to help Love.
Brett Hundley? :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 15:52
Acrobat wrote:
30 Apr 2021 15:09
Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 15:04
Picking Jordan love did this.

We didn’t have to force our way down this road yet.

But Gutey chose to. Rodgers was never the guy to take that on the chin and accept it.

Here’s to hoping Gutey was right about J Love.
By that logic, every player on the team who has someone in their position drafted this weekend should take to Twitter to cause drama.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. It's Rodgers. But how many times has he said he's the ultimate team player. Not looking so much like one right now.
As I’m sure you know, and you already kind of recognize..there are how things should work, and how things work. It would be rare for any HOF caliber player to watch his org move up in a draft to get his replacement while the HOF player still thinks he has years to play and is under contract.

Rodgers displeasure with the situation is pretty typical for how that situation would play out i believe.

Everybody can say good riddance..and it may be the best thing. But players of Rodgers caliber don’t walk through that door every time the job opens up. We are in rare air to have struck gold back to back in the past. It’s most typical to go to the toilet for a while.
I don't know about the toilet, but a few 500 seasons are very likely.

whats mind boggling here is how many act as though they didn't see this coming, and are siding with Management that has mis managed the team for 5 years, granted mostly out of loyalty for Capers, McCarthy, Thompson, yet are unwilling to be loyal to the person thats been over 50% responsible for the success of the team in that 5 year time frame.

this isn't so much about who we didn't draft, or other positions of need, it's about taking a player that the FO can use to end Rodgers Packer career prematurely, and to drive home a message ( possibly not intentionally) of who is in charge, now Rodgers already new who was in charge, he's not a illiterate, so whether Guty realized it or not he should have known Rodgers would take this like a slap in the face.

I also have trouble believing that it happened spur of the moment, Guty had to have figured a fall back plan should Ayuik be picked prior, these people don't live in a vacuum.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:13
Brett Hundley? :lol:
There are worse options. He re-signed with the Cardinals though. Not much on the market right now. Coaxing Alex Smith out of retirement would be funny as hell. Otherwise maybe Brian Hoyer or Josh McCown.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I appreciate what gpg is saying and agree, we should have a vet for reasons unrelated to Love getting the starting nod or not.

Hell, I personally would not have a problem with playing a vet over Love this year; I am willing to give rookie QBs two years to develop before playing them. I don't think throwing them to the wolves and ruining their development does anyone any good. By Year 3, though, they gotta be ready to play -- JMO.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:13
Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 15:52
Acrobat wrote:
30 Apr 2021 15:09

By that logic, every player on the team who has someone in their position drafted this weekend should take to Twitter to cause drama.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. It's Rodgers. But how many times has he said he's the ultimate team player. Not looking so much like one right now.
As I’m sure you know, and you already kind of recognize..there are how things should work, and how things work. It would be rare for any HOF caliber player to watch his org move up in a draft to get his replacement while the HOF player still thinks he has years to play and is under contract.

Rodgers displeasure with the situation is pretty typical for how that situation would play out i believe.

Everybody can say good riddance..and it may be the best thing. But players of Rodgers caliber don’t walk through that door every time the job opens up. We are in rare air to have struck gold back to back in the past. It’s most typical to go to the toilet for a while.
I don't know about the toilet, but a few 500 seasons are very likely.

whats mind boggling here is how many act as though they didn't see this coming, and are siding with Management that has mis managed the team for 5 years, granted mostly out of loyalty for Capers, McCarthy, Thompson, yet are unwilling to be loyal to the person thats been over 50% responsible for the success of the team in that 5 year time frame.

this isn't so much about who we didn't draft, or other positions of need, it's about taking a player that the FO can use to end Rodgers Packer career prematurely, and to drive home a message ( possibly not intentionally) of who is in charge, now Rodgers already new who was in charge, he's not a illiterate, so whether Guty realized it or not he should have known Rodgers would take this like a slap in the face.

I also have trouble believing that it happened spur of the moment, Guty had to have figured a fall back plan should Ayuik be picked prior, these people don't live in a vacuum.
Gutey drafted love bc he was giving up pon 12 after love was ready. That’s the only reason you use a first round pick on a qb when you have a HOF QB. Gutey will get his wish. He should be thrilled.

Even tho a year early
Last edited by Drj820 on 30 Apr 2021 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:11
If in Year 2 the first round pick is not ready to at least try to play, all eyes turn to Gutey for blowing up the relationship with the HOF qb and trading up to get the guy.
But where does Rodgers learn a little bit of self awareness? He's an intelligent guy and it shouldn't be hard for him to remember that he once was in the same situation Love is in. Rodgers is stubborn, narcissistic, and holds grudges as long as anyone in the league. #12 is a strange cat, I wouldn't be surprised if he took his football and went home, never to return again for anything - Packers HoF, Hall ceremony, etc.

Until we know more, if we ever find out the whole story, the more I think about it... Rodge just appears to come off as a whiney little bitch.
RIP JustJeff