Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:17
TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:13
Brett Hundley? :lol:
There are worse options. He re-signed with the Cardinals though. Not much on the market right now. Coaxing Alex Smith out of retirement would be funny as hell. Otherwise maybe Brian Hoyer or Josh McCown.
You sure about Hundley? I thought McCoy was his backup.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:21
Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:11
If in Year 2 the first round pick is not ready to at least try to play, all eyes turn to Gutey for blowing up the relationship with the HOF qb and trading up to get the guy.
But where does Rodgers learn a little bit of self awareness? He's an intelligent guy and it shouldn't be hard for him to remember that he once was in the same situation Love is in. Rodgers is stubborn, narcissistic, and holds grudges as long as anyone in the league. #12 is a strange cat, I wouldn't be surprised if he took his football and went home, never to return again for anything - Packers HoF, Hall ceremony, etc.

Until we know more, if we ever find out the whole story, the more I think about it... Rodge just appears to come off as a whiney little bitch.
He is a strange bird but it’s crazy that just a few weeks Ago he had earned our praise for his all new meta tranquil happy attitude
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
If in Year 2 the first round pick is not ready to at least try to play, all eyes turn to Gutey for blowing up the relationship with the HOF qb and trading up to get the guy.
But where does Rodgers learn a little bit of self awareness? He's an intelligent guy and it shouldn't be hard for him to remember that he once was in the same situation Love is in. Rodgers is stubborn, narcissistic, and holds grudges as long as anyone in the league. #12 is a strange cat, I wouldn't be surprised if he took his football and went home, never to return again for anything - Packers HoF, Hall ceremony, etc.

Until we know more, if we ever find out the whole story, the more I think about it... Rodge just appears to come off as a whiney little bitch.
And people said Michael Jordan was an asshole. Elite players want to win and they want to win at all costs. Rodgers doesnt feel the Packers have the same mindset.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:23
paco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:17
TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:13
Brett Hundley? :lol:
There are worse options. He re-signed with the Cardinals though. Not much on the market right now. Coaxing Alex Smith out of retirement would be funny as hell. Otherwise maybe Brian Hoyer or Josh McCown.
You sure about Hundley? I thought McCoy was his backup.
Sorry, you are right. Looking at old info. I'd prefer someone a bit more seasoned, but he'd be cheap and could offer some help to Jordan.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rodgers has not been MJ when we have needed it most, though. =\
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:25
TheGreenMan wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

And people said Michael Jordan was an asshole. Elite players want to win and they want to win at all costs. Rodgers doesnt feel the Packers have the same mindset.
His 1-4 record in championship games might support that the front office has put him in position a number of times.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:30
I think you and Lupe have fair points. Rodgers isn’t some ho hum team guy yes man. If that’s what we want, go get Kirk cousins. Superstars know they need to win rings to enhance their legacy. The team has repeatedly not “gone for it” including with their most recent DC and ST hire.

That said,

You are right too that Rodgers has had his chances and not performed like MJ performed. So there is room to look in the mirror.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
Nor can he be. A football player, no matter the position, cannot have the same impact as a single NBA player.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I pretty much understand all sides of this. The only inexcusable thing is Rodgers dropping the news a couple hours before the draft just to make a mess of everything.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:37
I pretty much understand all sides of this. The only inexcusable thing is Rodgers dropping the news a couple hours before the draft just to make a mess of everything.
It was a savage move, and honestly, brilliant to say the least. It was his one last chance to try and force the front office into a decision that he would support. Unfortunately for him, it don't look like they're budging this weekend and have stuck to their guns - drafting as they see fit. They have the health and future of the team as their #1 priority.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:34
Labrev wrote:
Nor can he be. A football player, no matter the position, cannot have the same impact as a single NBA player.
I am not referring to "impact" though, but expectation/standards. His play in NFCCGs has ranged from bad to passable-at-best for any QB, and well below *his* standards as a QB, regardless if it would have been enough to win.

In the case of our most recent loss, he's definitely not the biggest reason why we lost the game, but then him playing closer to his usual level likely would have won the game for us.

I would also push back somewhat on your statement which, while true, also glosses over the fact that NFL games can be decided by just a few plays, or even 1 play. I would say Rodgers does have that effect for us when he's "on." Sadly, he hasn't been in the NFCCG.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Im assuming Rodgers had asked for a trade already from the Packers, they said no, and he leaked it himself.

I thought the question Wilde asked Gutey at his predraft presser was interesting when it happened. Initially I thought good on Wilde for asking a tough question but now looking back on it Wilde had some inside info on how disgruntled Rodgers really was. Starts at 6:43.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:40
Drj820 wrote:
It was a savage move, and honestly, brilliant to say the least. It was his one last chance to try and force the front office into a decision that he would support. Unfortunately for him, it don't look like they're budging this weekend and have stuck to their guns - drafting as they see fit. They have the health and future of the team as their #1 priority.
It was pretty nuclear. So nuclear that this thing may already be over. There may be way less chance than I am considering that they both decide this will be the last year in a tense situation and then move on. Might be too late for that optimism.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:51
TheGreenMan wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
It was pretty nuclear. So nuclear that this thing may already be over. There may be way less chance than I am considering that they both decide this will be the last year in a tense situation and then move on. Might be too late for that optimism.
This is the same guy that wont talk to his family. My money is on Rodgers not playing out of principle and stubbornness.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:56
Drj820 wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:

This is the same guy that wont talk to his family. My money is on Rodgers not playing out of principle and stubbornness.
Ya stars win these fights, not orgs. Plus it’s Aaron Rodgers were talking about.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

The last star vs organization showdown was versus Favre. And I don't think the star won that one...

I'm curious: I wasn't a Packers fan yet when the org spent a 1st rounder to trade for Favre nor when he replaced Majkowski. How did the fans take those moves? Do you think the Favre trade could even happen in the social media era - it seemed utter madness on paper?

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

At least he can help make Favre's exit look less jerkish.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Drj820 wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
One of the biggest problems with the situation, and this is mostly directed to media/fans who are not on the front office side, what exactly are Gute and the rest of the organization supposed to do now? Trade Love and give Rodgers an "I'm sorry"? Give in and bow to whatever he says? The Packers cannot go back on anything, the decision to draft Love (at least right now), etc. If they do it shows weakness and lack of leadership. It was always going to be a gamble taking Jordan Love last year, and not taking a WR at all, Gute knew that. He may not of thought it would have come to the current situation so fast, but they were setting themselves up for a divorce in a couple of years anyway. Time will tell if the decision will pay off, but we're long beyond the thought of this thing ever coming together again.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:18
I appreciate what gpg is saying and agree, we should have a vet for reasons unrelated to Love getting the starting nod or not.

Hell, I personally would not have a problem with playing a vet over Love this year; I am willing to give rookie QBs two years to develop before playing them. I don't think throwing them to the wolves and ruining their development does anyone any good. By Year 3, though, they gotta be ready to play -- JMO.
I mean sure, add a vet, but I want Love playing regardless of who is better. Already sat for a whole year, might not be totally ready, but that is a lifetime in the NFL. I want him reps and getting comfortable with the OL and WR's.

We had a bad record Aaron's first year, but it was clear he was definitely not the reason, so we could build around him.

If we suck, we should have a fair idea if Love is gunna be the guy or not and build around him, if we suck enough, we'll have a good pick and extra picks from Aaron, go try another QB.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Do we need "We'll never forget you Arnold!" shirts?