Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:30
Rodgers has not been MJ when we have needed it most, though. =\
Was just going to say the exact same thing. The difference is MJ won when the team needed him to step up. Jordan also didn't go into being irrelevant in big games like Rodgers has done in all of his NFC Title games save MMAAAAYYYBBBEEEEE the Bucs but even there, when the game was on the line, he didn't deliver.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Apr 2021 17:50
I thought the question Wilde asked Gutey at his predraft presser was interesting when it happened. Initially I thought good on Wilde for asking a tough question but now looking back on it Wilde had some inside info on how disgruntled Rodgers really was. Starts at 6:43.
OMG, you liked that? That was such overdramatic showmanship. "I'm tired, Brian. Tired of not getting straight answers" :messedup:

Why on earth would they give you a straight answer on this in April?

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Seriously, pages and pages of people completely missing the point.

As Andrew Brandt says, when its not about the money, its about the money.

Rodgers wants time added to his contract, team wants a restructure without time. Money solves either of these problems. The drama is mostly made for TV garbo, I seriously doubt there is any real acrimomy, GB has always shown him the money. Overdramatic grandstanding is at times part of the negotiating process.

I mean, he can't be too much of a jerk, remember Greg Jennings,the way he left GB then complained about it during his budding TV career pretty much killed his budding TV career. Being a complete jerk to GB doesn't really look good on the resume (I mean come on, he's one of the highest paid players in the game and signed a gigantic contract a couple years ago, and the team around him clearly doesn't suck).

People seem to assume though that Jeopardy would even offer it to him. I mean he was decent, but my money is on Levar Burton getting the permanent gig.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

How you dont keep the best player in the league right now happy is beyond me.

He is the best QB of all time in terms of QB play and still in his prime.

Ineptidue by management.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

bud fox wrote:
30 Apr 2021 19:49

Ineptidue by management.
He’s a great player but I am and always have been team first. Rodgers is disgruntled that management pissed in his Cheerios by drafting a backup to a 37 year old player that’s at the tail end of his prime. That motivation likely inspired him to pick up his play and get back to mvp form. Don’t get me wrong, I want them to work through this but I think Rodgers is acting like a brat.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

When rodgers signed this deal, I and some others were confused what the hurry was. He still had time on his deal and I didn’t sense the rush.

The Packers got it done early and paid 12 well with little fan fair.

Now I wonder if that’s just the way Rodgers wants to do things, and he isn’t happy because the Packers don’t want to pony up early again.

Rodgers may like the security, or maybe he always wants to stay on top when the amount that QBs get paid continues to go up.

But maybe it’s natural 12 wants a new deal at this point, and maybe it makes sense for the org to tell him no.

Small chance but I guess from this angle the fight could have happened even without the Love pick.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

This is basically 2008 reload. Back then it broke my heart, but as the saying goes pain makes u tougher. I can understand both sides. I wished Aaron was more concerned about finishing as a Packer, but Gute made that pretty hard with the Love-trade. Both sides probably lacked proper communication. Weird that we could go from SB contender to lottery team in such a short time frame.

I'd try to talk to AR and convince him to stay, but should the "train have left the station" then make him as expensive as possible, so that we end up as a team that is a good QB away from being a contender. And then call an old man down there in Miss., you never know. ;)

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Money didn't solve the problem in 2008, it couldn't. Favre wanted to play, the team didn't to play him. Trying to pay him off to make him go away didn't work.

Money makes this problem go away.

Rodgers thinks an MVP season following an aggressive draft pick by the team gives him the leverage to push for more money. That's all this is.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Actually, come to think of it, I wonder if Rodgers' big deal is not keeping Linsley. Aren't they pretty close? People keep focusing on WR, maybe that's way off.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Waldo wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:40
Money didn't solve the problem in 2008, it couldn't. Favre wanted to play, the team didn't to play him. Trying to pay him off to make him go away didn't work.

Money makes this problem go away.

Rodgers thinks an MVP season following an aggressive draft pick by the team gives him the leverage to push for more money. That's all this is.
Rodgers has always been reasonable with money and contracts.

If it is just money the Packers are really inept in it getting this far. He is the MVP lol.

Rodgers has never been a problem before with respect to money.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Waldo wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:44
Actually, come to think of it, I wonder if Rodgers' big deal is not keeping Linsley. Aren't they pretty close? People keep focusing on WR, maybe that's way off.
Rodgers has been disrespected constantly by this team as if he is some bum QB. He is the MVP.

If he asked for an extension and they said no - that would be enough for me. No take backs - go $%@# yourself.

Obviously this has happened and GB has gone noooo sorry sorry here is extension and Rodgers is like guess what I'm done. Made your bed go sleep in it.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

bud fox wrote:

Ineptidue by management.
“Keep him happy” is that the teams overriding actual job?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Waldo wrote:
How in the world could he expect them to keep linsley tho after he takes up the most cap space and his buddy Bak got paid?

Along those lines I think it is more likely he’s disgusted we promoted within at ST when STs were awful and hired a DC with a terrible track record

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

bud fox wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:51
Waldo wrote:
Rodgers has been disrespected constantly by this team as if he is some bum QB. He is the MVP.

If he asked for an extension and they said no - that would be enough for me. No take backs - go $%@# yourself.

Obviously this has happened and GB has gone noooo sorry sorry here is extension and Rodgers is like guess what I'm done. Made your bed go sleep in it.
Disrespected? By the team that pays him the most, does nothing but sing his abilities from the mountain tops.
Like a bum qb? The is totally in your mind....

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

JKB wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:53
bud fox wrote:

Ineptidue by management.
“Keep him happy” is that the teams overriding actual job?
Yes if any company wants to keep GOOD talent they have to ensure they are happy.

Quality of life - the ultimate measurement which comes back to happiness

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:54
Waldo wrote:
How in the world could he expect them to keep linsley tho after he takes up the most cap space and his buddy Bak got paid?

Along those lines I think it is more likely he’s disgusted we promoted within at ST when STs were awful and hired a DC with a terrible track record
See it’s ok for A Ron to make his money and more but it’s the team that is not all in......ffs

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

JKB wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:56
bud fox wrote:
Waldo wrote:

Disrespected? By the team that pays him the most, does nothing but sing his abilities from the mountain tops.
Firstly he isn't paid the most so wrong off the bat.

He is in the NFC championship and they go draft his replacement without even giving the heads up despite him also being the face of the franchise for years and the best of all time. He goes on to win MVP.

They have drafted one offensive player in the first round in 10 years ... A QB.

They are stated to not offer him an extension on request but a restructure. Plenty of teams would offer him an extension why not the team he has given so much to.

Yes disrespect

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think Rodgers showed his a** dropping the bomb right before the draft.

But I also think the org has taken him for granted and Gutey acts like he doesn’t need him.

Arrogant Gutey.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Waldo wrote:
I could see Rodgers being pissed we dropped Linsley who played hard and brought back King who single handedly cost us a SB.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:59
JKB wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:56
bud fox wrote:

Firstly he isn't paid the most so wrong off the bat.

He is in the NFC championship and they go draft his replacement without even giving the heads up despite him also being the face of the franchise for years and the best of all time. He goes on to win MVP.

They have drafted one offensive player in the first round in 10 years ... A QB.

They are stated to not offer him an extension on request but a restructure. Plenty of teams would offer him an extension why not the team he has given so much to.

Yes disrespect
So because the Packers don't call Rodgers with 10 minutes on the clock on a split decision to trade up and because they don't want to extend when Rodgers has 3 years left on his contract is disrespectful enough to pull this sh*t.

Huh. It does sound sound even more stupid when it's said out loud.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.