Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 21:26
bud fox wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:59
JKB wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:56

Disrespected? By the team that pays him the most, does nothing but sing his abilities from the mountain tops.
Like a bum qb? The is totally in your mind....
Firstly he isn't paid the most so wrong off the bat.

He is in the NFC championship and they go draft his replacement without even giving the heads up despite him also being the face of the franchise for years and the best of all time. He goes on to win MVP.

They have drafted one offensive player in the first round in 10 years ... A QB.

They are stated to not offer him an extension on request but a restructure. Plenty of teams would offer him an extension why not the team he has given so much to.

Yes disrespect
So because the Packers don't call Rodgers with 10 minutes on the clock on a split decision to trade up and because they don't want to extend when Rodgers has 3 years left on his contract is disrespectful enough to pull this sh*t.

Huh. It does sound sound even more stupid when it's said out loud.
Yes and no it doesn't.

They targeted Love by the way.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
30 Apr 2021 21:29
go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 21:26
bud fox wrote:
30 Apr 2021 20:59

Firstly he isn't paid the most so wrong off the bat.

He is in the NFC championship and they go draft his replacement without even giving the heads up despite him also being the face of the franchise for years and the best of all time. He goes on to win MVP.

They have drafted one offensive player in the first round in 10 years ... A QB.

They are stated to not offer him an extension on request but a restructure. Plenty of teams would offer him an extension why not the team he has given so much to.

Yes disrespect
So because the Packers don't call Rodgers with 10 minutes on the clock on a split decision to trade up and because they don't want to extend when Rodgers has 3 years left on his contract is disrespectful enough to pull this sh*t.

Huh. It does sound sound even more stupid when it's said out loud.
Yes and no it doesn't.

They targeted Love by the way.
Well yeah. They traded up for him. But I don't know if you can say they "targeted him" before the draft especially when Gute said last night they didn't expect him to fall that far and felt they couldn't pass him up considering the WRs they liked were gone.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So in the last three drafts, Gute has drafted offense in both the 2nd and 3rd round.

But because we draw the imaginary line at 1st round it's still a major F U to Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I’ll never have a problem, in any round of the draft, at any point in any QBs career on our roster, taking a QB at any time there’s a good prospect at great value. I’m fine with any QB feeling the pressure of a little young blood wanting to take their spot too. Sharpens the axe.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 21:55
So in the last three drafts, Gute has drafted offense in both the 2nd and 3rd round.

But because we draw the imaginary line at 1st round it's still a major F U to Rodgers.
Well everyone knows OL, RBs and TEs don't count! Unlike WRs, they don't contribute anything to the offense.

(Obviously I'm being sarcastic here)
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

The topic of conversation this draft on ESPN is pretty much GB's draft pick last year.

They just explained to Green Bay the correct way to draft and develop the heir apparent behind your star QB. :rotf:

I remember back when the last QB got old, all the explanations by talking heads to the team of how to do it right. In the end the team was the big bad bully to the media, but Rodgers worked out so it didn't matter.

But I still think people are acting like Love was a top 5 pick or something. Yes he was a first, but we've seen plenty of terrible 1st rd picks come through. Backup QB is still a really valuable position. And he was still a late 1, despite the trade up.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Waldo wrote:
30 Apr 2021 22:12
The topic of conversation this draft on ESPN is pretty much GB's draft pick last year.

They just explained to Green Bay the correct way to draft and develop the heir apparent behind your star QB. :rotf:

I remember back when the last QB got old, all the explanations by talking heads to the team of how to do it right. In the end the team was the big bad bully to the media, but Rodgers worked out so it didn't matter.

But I still think people are acting like Love was a top 5 pick or something. Yes he was a first, but we've seen plenty of terrible 1st rd picks come through. Backup QB is still a really valuable position. And he was still a late 1, despite the trade up.
:aok:

And we traded up using one measly 4th round pick. Is that "targeting"? Just look at what the 49ers and the Bears paid this year to get to draft their QBs of the future. By comparison, we spent the exact same amount to trade up for Love as we spent trading up for Amari Rodgers. I mean, if that's targeting, I guess we DID go all-in for a WR ;) .

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 22:37
Waldo wrote:

And we traded up using one measly 4th round pick. Is that "targeting"? Just look at what the 49ers and the Bears paid this year to get to draft their QBs of the future. By comparison, we spent the exact same amount to trade up for Love as we spent trading up for Amari Rodgers. I mean, if that's targeting, I guess we DID go all-in for a WR ;) .
How is it not targeting. You literally moved up to get a player.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Which Rodgers we talkin' 'bout now? Can't be the only Rodgers again. Probably pouting about that too. Sick of his whining. Should have been a 9er.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 May 2021 02:23
salmar80 wrote:
Waldo wrote:

I mean with that logic, you can literally say any player the Packers selected is "targeting".

But there is an absolute difference between the Packers using a top 2 pick on a QB or selling the farm to move up in the top 10 for a QB compared to moving up 3 spots because you are simply sticking with your board and see the value.

The first two scenarios mean the Packers pre-meditated going into the draft that they were getting a QB. The latter scenario is illustrating it was a decision made in probably a 15 minute window or less time frame because they looked at their board and stuck with it. Gute said many of the coaches didn't know they were picking Love. This sounds like it was a last minute decision.
Yoop wrote:

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

:hail:
go pak go wrote:
01 May 2021 06:53
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 May 2021 02:23
salmar80 wrote:

I mean with that logic, you can literally say any player the Packers selected is "targeting".

But there is an absolute difference between the Packers using a top 2 pick on a QB or selling the farm to move up in the top 10 for a QB compared to moving up 3 spots because you are simply sticking with your board and see the value.

The first two scenarios mean the Packers pre-meditated going into the draft that they were getting a QB. The latter scenario is illustrating it was a decision made in probably a 15 minute window or less time frame because they looked at their board and stuck with it. Gute said many of the coaches didn't know they were picking Love. This sounds like it was a last minute decision.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Thompson, who mishandled the Favre fiasco IMO, only received a 5th rounder for him.

I only hope Gute handles it differently. Go ahead and trade Rodgers in June and get some good compensation for Him.
Love is the answer…

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Foosball wrote:
01 May 2021 07:50
Thompson, who mishandled the Favre fiasco IMO, only received a 5th rounder for him.

I only hope Gute handles it differently and gets some good compensation for Rodgers.
How does this happen? How do fans forget history and paint a picture in their head that is wrong?

We got a 3rd for trading Favre to the Jets and we used that 3rd from the Jets along with our 2nd and 3rd round picks (we traded pick 41, 73 and 83) to move up to 26 and selected Clay Matthews.

It was one of the best moves by Ted Thompson.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If Gutey runs Rodgers out of town due to poor communication and moving up to draft his replacement...and Love sucks..Gutey should be run out of town by a mob with pitchforks.

If Love is awesome, Gutey will be forgiven, look smart, and employed for a long time.

It all depend on if Love is quality or not. Something at this point, we have no idea of.

But it is straight forward from here.
Last edited by Drj820 on 01 May 2021 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

:nono:
go pak go wrote:
01 May 2021 07:57
Foosball wrote:

I only hope Gute handles it differently and gets some good compensation for Rodgers.
How does this happen? How do fans forget history and paint a picture in their head that is wrong?

We got a 3rd for trading Favre to the Jets and we used that 3rd from the Jets along with our 2nd and 3rd round picks (we traded pick 41, 73 and 83) to move up to 26 and selected Clay Matthews.

You’re right my mistake. It was a 3rd round pick. But my point was Favre was worth more. Much more. I’m not going to get into the whole fiasco again.
Love is the answer…

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Foosball wrote:

the reason was he wanted control of where Favre went, if Favre would have been willing to go to a AFC team it's possible Ted would have just let Favre walk, but Favre wanted revenge and wanted to go to Minny, your so inclined to f over a player to reap rewards for there past service you over look just how that looks to the players you now have or ever want to get.

people think players don't want to come to GB because of the cold weather, no, they don't want to come to GB because of the way the FO has treated players

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Foosball wrote:

I only hope Gute handles it differently. Go ahead and trade Rodgers in June and get some good compensation for Him.
I agree Thompson was also a former player with some unique insights. Should easily have gotten much more for him but at that point there was no fixing it....

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Yoop wrote:
01 May 2021 08:10
go pak go wrote:
Foosball wrote:

the reason was he wanted control of where Favre went, if Favre would have been willing to go to a AFC team it's possible Ted would have just let Favre walk, but Favre wanted revenge and wanted to go to Minny, your so inclined to f over a player to reap rewards for there past service you over look just how that looks to the players you now have or ever want to get.

people think players don't want to come to GB because of the cold weather, no, they don't want to come to GB because of the way the FO has treated players
That is NOT the reason players don’t want to come to GB

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2021 08:00
If Gutey runs Rodgers out of town due to poor communication and moving up to draft his replacement...and Love sucks..Gutey should be run out of town by a mob with pitchforks.

If Love is awesome, Gutey will be forgiven, look smart, and employed for a long time.

It all depend on if Love is quality or not. Something at this point, we have no idea of.

But it is straight forward from here.
Oh absolutely. Gutey bet everything he had on Love the minute he took him. If Love fails Gutey will never be a GM again. And with that I would think Murphy needs to go as well because he made the selection after letting the TT debacle go on years to long when it was clear the man was losing it.

It’s no different from TT. He bet everything on Rodgers and it worked. Love is even harder as he’s had less time to be groomed between COVID and just actual time in the system.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I really feel that Love would benefit greatly from another year and the team should do whatever it takes to get him that year.

Also, trading Rodgers after the draft doesn’t make a ton of sense, so it looks like they won’t this year. The ball is in Rodgers’ court. His leverage is very slim