Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

A couple of points. First, Jordan Love is a human being too. Pandering to the 38 year old little bitch and ignoring the man who is the Packers' future may not be wise long term. The Packers are probably going to need to resign Love in a few years and hopefully he remembers being treated with respect.

Secondly, if there was any doubt on the part of the Packers brass and coaching as to Love's ability and his progress and his leadership, would the Packers have any choice other than to pander to AR? I think the Packers like what they see in Love.

And thirdly, only 1 QB in the history of the league has not hit the wall in his late 30's - Brady. Rodgers will be 38 this season. The other QB's in this age group are Roethlisberger, Brees and Rivers. All 3 have hit the wall. Peyton Manning won a SB at age 39, but really it was the team that won in spite of him as he hit the wall the previous year. Favre hit the wall at 39. Is it possible that Rodgers can be effective 2 more years? Of course it is possible but it it not likely, based upon every other QB in the history of the league except Brady.

The best thing the Packers can do at this point is to trade Rodgers for whatever they can get for him. Ideally that team's 2021 first round pick and a conditional pick or 2 next year.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

I think the worst thing the Packers could do is force a showdown and let this linger into training camp. That was the mistake Thompson made with Favre. By then, the Packers were desperate.

However there was a difference. Rodgers was ready to play. That’s why I still can’t figure why Thompson tried to get him to retire with a 20 mil marketing deal. Not to mention sending his locker to his house. Should have cut his losses right away and got the most for Favre as he could.

I hope the Packers front office learns from the past.
Love is the answer…

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Skeptic, Manning’s “hitting the wall” as you wrote wasn’t him taking a nose dive. They guy threw a lot of soft passes his past couple of years. But he did not hit a wall. His body became less strong, but his mind guided him to playing some pretty good ball. Those Broncs did not win in spite of him. (I watched every one of their games.) They won with him. He wasn’t the same passer as in the past, but he still threw the ball to gaps in the defenses and outsmarted most of them. He was more than serviceable/average. He was actually pretty good.

All, I’m just wondering if Guty is rewinding the tapes back to the Favre years. He was nearby enough to know how Favre’s attitude might’ve changed in his last few years. And now if he had already seen similar changes in Rodgers, that gives him motivation to draft Love last year perhaps. He’s been preparing for this week for the past two years, because he’s seen it coming.

At this point, if I was Guty and thought that Love has a real chance to be good at this time, I’d take one of those supposed offers with three draft picks. Yeah, I’d get Rodgers into the AFC and dread possibly playing him in the next 3-5 years. But with MLF’s offense and a kid with loads of talent, I would only fear the backlash of fans. I’d dump the “old” QB who is making a stink that is likely to last into the season, mucho pronto.

But then, maybe he figures there’s still a fig leaf to play and that reconciliation could actually happen before TC.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The difference between Rodgers and his contemporaries is arm strength. Brees and Rivers werent ever known as strong arm QBs. Mannings arm wasnt as strong either and his neck issues likely played a part. Rodgers pitch count so to speak is less than all of them. Significantly less at that. Rodgers has nearly 4000 less attempts than Brady, Brees, and Favre and 3000 less than Manning.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
01 May 2021 10:21
Skeptic, Manning’s “hitting the wall” as you wrote wasn’t him taking a nose dive. They guy threw a lot of soft passes his past couple of years. But he did not hit a wall. His body became less strong, but his mind guided him to playing some pretty good ball. Those Broncs did not win in spite of him. (I watched every one of their games.) They won with him. He wasn’t the same passer as in the past, but he still threw the ball to gaps in the defenses and outsmarted most of them. He was more than serviceable/average. He was actually pretty good.

All, I’m just wondering if Guty is rewinding the tapes back to the Favre years. He was nearby enough to know how Favre’s attitude might’ve changed in his last few years. And now if he had already seen similar changes in Rodgers, that gives him motivation to draft Love last year perhaps. He’s been preparing for this week for the past two years, because he’s seen it coming.

At this point, if I was Guty and thought that Love has a real chance to be good at this time, I’d take one of those supposed offers with three draft picks. Yeah, I’d get Rodgers into the AFC and dread possibly playing him in the next 3-5 years. But with MLF’s offense and a kid with loads of talent, I would only fear the backlash of fans. I’d dump the “old” QB who is making a stink that is likely to last into the season, mucho pronto.

But then, maybe he figures there’s still a fig leaf to play and that reconciliation could actually happen before TC.
The Broncos absolutely won a SB in spite of him. That dude was throwing ducks. As you said his mind guided him but he was pretty much the same as Brees this last year but with a way better defense and supporting cast.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Foosball wrote:
01 May 2021 10:15
I think the worst thing the Packers could do is force a showdown and let this linger into training camp. That was the mistake Thompson made with Favre. By then, the Packers were desperate.

However there was a difference. Rodgers was ready to play. That’s why I still can’t figure why Thompson tried to get him to retire with a 20 mil marketing deal. Not to mention sending his locker to his house. Should have cut his losses right away and got the most for Favre as he could.

I hope the Packers front office learns from the past.
we basically can't trade him ever without paying huge dead money prior to next season I'am told, so u can expect this to linger into TC.

Skeptic, u just dont seem to understand this stuff beyond shadding your hate at the Whinny little bitch opinion of Rodgers, the odds of Love ever becoming a QB even near the caliber of Rodgers are slim to none, about 70% of drafted QB's in round one never see a second contract from the team that drafted them, and thats if there ever given a 2nd contract from any team, I love how people are so quick to throw the baby out with the bath water concerning this, obviously they weren't around for the 2 decades from Bart Starr to Brett Favre.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I haven't been keeping up on these threads, but seems the latest is that Rodgers won't come back unless Gutey is fired. I don't see that happening.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:

good point about Manning Grace, it's always been about brain over matter with aging vets, there experience allows them to take advantage of any mistakes.

I think it's obvious Guty doesn't feel Love is ready, or he wouldn't repeat we are not trading Rodgers, and how could Love possibly be ready, he's never taken a snap of NFL football.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
01 May 2021 10:37
I haven't been keeping up on these threads, but seems the latest is that Rodgers won't come back unless Gutey is fired. I don't see that happening.
:rotf: I thought it was both Guty and Murphy, nice to see he's lowered his demands :lol:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 May 2021 10:31
Scott4Pack wrote:

Disagree if you want. But I’ve seen how many other QBs trickle through Denver since Manning retired. A couple of them played well for a few games, strong arm and body. But all of them have failed. A Manning with a weaker arm outplayed all those guys with young bodies.

If you want to say that old Manning wasn’t close to young Manning physically, fine. I’d agree. But old Manning was smart enough to play within his limitations. And that’s enough to outplay a lot of young QBs.

The Broncos absolutely won a SB in spite of him. That dude was throwing ducks. As you said his mind guided him but he was pretty much the same as Brees this last year but with a way better defense and supporting cast.
Old Manning wasn’t the same as young Manning. Pretty clear and I think we’d all agree.

But I’ve seen many QBs trickle through Denver since Manning retired. A couple of them played some real good games. But all of them have failed. Old Manning outplayed all of the young QBs.

If you want to compare Old Manning to young Manning, fine. Just say so. But to say that the Broncs won in spite of him is simply not the case. He played a role that diminished over time and he adapted. He was clearly less than in the past. But he was more than good enough, at least for that team.
Last edited by Scott4Pack on 01 May 2021 10:49, edited 1 time in total.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
01 May 2021 10:39
Scott4Pack wrote:

good point about Manning Grace, it's always been about brain over matter with aging vets, there experience allows them to take advantage of any mistakes.

I think it's obvious Guty doesn't feel Love is ready, or he wouldn't repeat we are not trading Rodgers, and how could Love possibly be ready, he's never taken a snap of NFL football.
Gutey does want to trade Rodgers because thats his meal ticket.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

TT didn't do what Favre wanted, instead drafted his replacement...poopstorm initiated by Bus Cook. TT must go ! instead Favre is out
Gute didn't do what Rodgers wanted, instead drafted his replacement...poopstorm initiated by Dave Dunn. Gute must go ! ....?

Lather, Rinse , Repeat
IT. IS. TIME

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
01 May 2021 10:47
We remain committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond.
"And beyond", you say? :think: :think: :think:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This would be such an easy thing to navigate without the Internet.

I think the best and most obvious plan is to do absolutely nothing.

As I've sad many times, let Rodgers sit. Let it linger to training camp. Let Jordan Love run the starting unit throughout the offseason. Bring in some sort of veteran QB--not much of one, but like a guy who has thrown passes in the NFL, preferably for this scheme--like old Rams or 49ers backups.

Rodgers doesn't need the money, so missing the paychecks or hearing reports of how much his fines or workout bonuses are costing him won't matter. But understanding that he's not going anywhere and it's sit or play, something's gotta give.

When it comes to "I'll return if my boss's boss is fired" it's pure ego. It's very obvious that there's nothing more to this than ego. That can make it intransigent, but it also makes it completely illogical and eventually, you gotta acknowledge the reality of the situation and make the best choice.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Beyond is the key word there. My take is this at this point...

Rodgers wants Gutey and Love gone. Won't come back unless both are out of there.
Murphy willing to get rid of Love but not Gutey. Hoping a new big deal and Love gone will heal things. Maybe throw in other perks.
Gutey gonna do what Gutey gonna do.
LaFleur willing to work with whatever he is given.

Where does it end up? :idn:
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I do like that the VAST majority of (but certainly not all) of the reports from the most reliable sources are lining up perfectly with the team is openly admitting and acknowledging now that it's out.

Both Gutey and Murphy have corroborated the reports, for the most part.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

and Rodgers would gladly forgive them if they would simply hand over the keys to the kingdom :rotf:

I have faith that this situation can be over come

damn there goes another solid tackle of the board, Guty get up there and earn your paycheck :lol:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 May 2021 11:12
I do like that the VAST majority of (but certainly not all) of the reports from the most reliable sources are lining up perfectly with the team is openly admitting and acknowledging now that it's out.

Both Gutey and Murphy have corroborated the reports, for the most part.
Yeah, it was/is confusing still though that players initially had denied anything. But hearing from the guys up top assures me that.. well... Rodge is indeed being a little whiney bitch.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
01 May 2021 11:26
and Rodgers would gladly forgive them if they would simply hand over the keys to the kingdom :rotf:

I have faith that this situation can be over come

damn there goes another solid tackle of the board, Guty get up there and earn your paycheck :lol:
Build Aaron a throne for the Lambeau field sideline, made from melted together MVP belts. Have Gutey feed him honey-dipped grapes during commercial breaks. Have the rest of the offense chant "we're not worthy!" to him every time they break the huddle. Have every press conference begin with a prayer/appreciation moment for AR: "may The GOAT That Carries Twelve continue to bless us with his affordable and great services." Rush a statue of AR to place next to Lombardi's and Lambeau's, and make it 5 inches taller.