Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

[mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] is correct. Rodgers has a lower pitch count, has a plenty strong arm, just won an mvp, and plays in a very QB friendly system. Age is just a number right now as he has shown no signs of age related decline. Rodgers could very well be very good at this for 4 more years.

The fact is that we picked a fight with the current MVP when we didnt have to pick the fight yet. Now we live with the decision and rely on Mr. Love.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
01 May 2021 11:46
Yoop wrote:
01 May 2021 11:26
and Rodgers would gladly forgive them if they would simply hand over the keys to the kingdom :rotf:

I have faith that this situation can be over come

damn there goes another solid tackle of the board, Guty get up there and earn your paycheck :lol:
Build Aaron a throne for the Lambeau field sideline, made from melted together MVP belts. Have Gutey feed him honey-dipped grapes during commercial breaks. Have the rest of the offense chant "we're not worthy!" to him every time they break the huddle. Have every press conference begin with a prayer/appreciation moment for AR: "may The GOAT That Carries Twelve continue to bless us with his affordable and great services." Rush a statue of AR to place next to Lombardi's and Lambeau's, and make it 5 inches taller.
Welcome to Rodgers Field. Hello I am Wayne Larivee calling today's game between the Green Bay Rodgers vs the Minnesota Vikings.

Rodgers takes the snap from Rodgers's Center. Rodgers steps up throws it to Rodgers's WR and incomplete. The ball was wide left because Rodgers's WR wasn't where the ball was.

Rodgers takes the snap from Rodgers's Center. Rogders steps up. Throws it to Rodgers's WR and touchdown! And there is your touchdown for the Green Bay Rodgers! And for every TD from Rodgers to Rodgers's WR Sargento Cheese will donate Rodgers bucks to the Rodgers foundation.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So in a practical standpoint, we have one QB on the roster that isn't Rodgers. And we have offseason minicamps coming up. Rodgers won't show, they're voluntary, whatever.

We need more arms for camps.

Blake Bortles and Nick Mullens, pick up the phone.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2021 09:06
If he insists on nuking every thing this season, his image and legacy in GB will be adversely affected. Bigly.
This, he's already way past that point for me with this stunt. That whiny little b@#$ needs to get his rear in line; you can count on one hand the number of NFL players that have been "treated" better than Aaron over their careers. This is completely uncalled for. Over a draft pick? Because the team didn't communicate with him right? What?

I hope he sits out, Love starts, looks good, and everyone laughs at stupid Aaron for pissing away another one of his rapidly dwindling years left.
Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2021 11:57
The fact is that we picked a fight with the current MVP when we didnt have to pick the fight yet. Now we live with the decision and rely on Mr. Love.
"We picked a fight" = Team refused to fire the GM contra to Rodgers' orders

Mmmmk

We picked a fight is not the phrase I would use to describe the situation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I want to win a SB, it was the same reason I wanted to keep Favre, I could care less about a player thats never even suited for a NFL game, and as I said the chances of Love being good enough to do so ever is about 35%, all the FO had to do was guarantee Rodgers could finish his contract, instead they stone wall him till they think Love is ready so they can trade Rodgers for draft capitol, how idiotic.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Waldo wrote:
01 May 2021 12:00
Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2021 09:06
If he insists on nuking every thing this season, his image and legacy in GB will be adversely affected. Bigly.
This, he's already way past that point for me with this stunt. That whiny little b@#$ needs to get his rear in line; you can count on one hand the number of NFL players that have been "treated" better than Aaron over their careers. This is completely uncalled for. Over a draft pick? Because the team didn't communicate with him right? What?

I hope he sits out, Love starts, looks good, and everyone laughs at stupid Aaron for pissing away another one of his rapidly dwindling years left.
Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2021 11:57
"We picked a fight" = Team refused to fire the GM contra to Rodgers' orders

Mmmmk

We picked a fight is not the phrase I would use to describe the situation.
A new GM coming to town and moving up in a draft to get your replacement in round one when you think you can still play for a long time...is asking for trouble.

Maybe not in a perfect world, but it is in reality.

Im not saying it deserves Rodgers doing this, but it is asking for a fight with any HOFer.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
01 May 2021 12:08
I want to win a SB, it was the same reason I wanted to keep Favre, I could care less about a player thats never even suited for a NFL game, and as I said the chances of Love being good enough to do so ever is about 35%, all the FO had to do was guarantee Rodgers could finish his contract, instead they stone wall him till they think Love is ready so they can trade Rodgers for draft capitol, how idiotic.
How do you know that's all they need to do? By every report, the Packers offered to restructure his deal, which would absolutely have at least guaranteed this year and made next year HIGHLY likely. But we don't know the exact offers.

By every account, they have offered EXTENSIONS since then.

Like what are these comments about "the team won't commit to him" when there are also multiple reports that the team has made a variety of offers to commit to varying greater degrees that have been turned down?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 May 2021 12:10
Yoop wrote:
How do you know that's all they need to do? By every report, the Packers offered to restructure his deal, which would absolutely have at least guaranteed this year and made next year HIGHLY likely. But we don't know the exact offers.

Like what are these comments about "the team won't commit to him" when there are also multiple reports that the team has made a variety of offers to commit to varying greater degrees that have been turned down?
At this point, after this stunt...even though i have been pretty PRO Rodgers up until this..if we extend Rodgers and punt on Love we look like h***

Hope for one more rodeo and trade the guy for loot.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:

where hearing one side, and obviously if Rodgers is this ticked off and wants Guty gone, then I have to question what Guty said when he went to vist Rodgers, what seems obvious here is that Rodgers wants to either play out his contract, or if we move on he wants to be able to control his destination. we seem more concerned with trade value and keeping him till Love is ready rather then Rodgers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
01 May 2021 12:17
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:

where hearing one side, and obviously if Rodgers is this ticked off and wants Guty gone, then I have to question what Guty said when he went to vist Rodgers, what seems obvious here is that Rodgers wants to either play out his contract, or if we move on he wants to be able to control his destination. we seem more concerned with trade value and keeping him till Love is ready rather then Rodgers.
image.png
image.png (39.61 KiB) Viewed 600 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 May 2021 12:00
So in a practical standpoint, we have one QB on the roster that isn't Rodgers. And we have offseason minicamps coming up. Rodgers won't show, they're voluntary, whatever.

We need more arms for camps.

Blake Bortles and Nick Mullens, pick up the phone.
Bortles!!!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

But, I was ready to move on from him at the end of last season.

This side of his personality, the utter my way or the highway jerk he is about things, severely hurt the team prior to last year where for once he decided to drop that act. He'd take sacks or throw it away for purely petty reasons instead of the guy that's open. We all saw him do that over and over, if he doesn't like a receiver he doesn't throw to them. I think one of the problems toward the end with Mac is that he wrestled so much control of the offense from Mac that our offense became super predicable; its what Aaron wants to do.

I just don't see last year being more than a flash in the pan for him. It'd be nice to get one more year to see if he can pull it off twice in a row, odds of that are certainly better than the odds of Love being good. I mean maybe he has fixed whatever ailed him mentally and physically the 2nd half of the 2010's and he's about to have a great late career renaissance, but the odds of that aren't that great. Even last year, if you were paying attention, despite the MVP performance, his accuracy is starting to notably decline.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

it's short sighted Waldo to think Rodgers was the catalist for McCarthy to continue the iso verticals and Rodgers continuing to extend plays to make them work, during and after the 2017 season Rodgers comented that we needed to make changes, we needed to run the ball more and adjust our passing schemes, and none of of that happened in 2018, and we all saw the frustration with Rodgers, he wouldn't even talk to Mike, and prior to that he was bought off with a new contract, and when he complained that he wasn't privy (at all) to the decision to hire Lafluer, he was brushed off by Murphy and told basically shut up, these decisions are ours to make, and while thats true, the simple courtesy of a simple phone call to smooth the hire over was not afforded.

Rodgers has devoted himself to the team, now he feels the team has abandoned him, now I don't think thats true, but it seems he does, and thats all that matters.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

If by "abandoning him" you mean paying him 134M over 4 years, through the 2022 season (current contract, highest ever avg at time of signing I believe) to play football, then yes, he should feel very abandoned.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
01 May 2021 12:49
it's short sighted Waldo to think Rodgers was the catalist for McCarthy to continue the iso verticals and Rodgers continuing to extend plays to make them work, during and after the 2017 season Rodgers comented that we needed to make changes, we needed to run the ball more and adjust our passing schemes, and none of of that happened in 2018, and we all saw the frustration with Rodgers, he wouldn't even talk to Mike, and prior to that he was bought off with a new contract, and when he complained that he wasn't privy (at all) to the decision to hire Lafluer, he was brushed off by Murphy and told basically shut up, these decisions are ours to make, and while thats true, the simple courtesy of a simple phone call to smooth the hire over was not afforded.

Rodgers has devoted himself to the team, now he feels the team has abandoned him, now I don't think thats true, but it seems he does, and thats all that matters.
Devoted to the team....

We've paid him $247 Million dollars up to this point. I wish I was abandoned like that!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

...and at what point of the salary of $247,000,000 being paid to the employee, does the employee go from simply needing to do his job with a good attitude to doing his job while making demands upon his bosses?

Trade him or cut him. I really don’t care which. Or make him sit. That’s even better for a time.

It means nothing to compare what play you’d get from Aaron to what you’d get from Love. You can’t let your QB or your star or any player or coach become manipulating like this. Where is Lombardi when we need him? Rodgers would’ve already been fired.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
01 May 2021 12:55
If by "abandoning him" you mean paying him 134M over 4 years, through the 2022 season (current contract, highest ever avg at time of signing I believe) to play football, then yes, he should feel very abandoned.
this has less to do about money then it does about control of his perceived future, the money on a future length of playing time is to show how committed the team is, obviously Rodgers wants prof he'll start through his contract, which I think is the end of 2023 season

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
01 May 2021 13:30
...and at what point of the salary of $247,000,000 being paid to the employee, does the employee go from simply needing to do his job with a good attitude to doing his job while making demands upon his bosses?

Trade him or cut him. I really don’t care which. Or make him sit. That’s even better for a time.

It means nothing to compare what play you’d get from Aaron to what you’d get from Love. You can’t let your QB or your star or any player or coach become manipulating like this. Where is Lombardi when we need him? Rodgers would’ve already been fired.
you mean back when players where slaves to management, had almost zero rights

maybe your willing to throw our SB hopes out the window Grace, I'am not, and you can be sure, most of the fan base isn't either, and thankfully I doubt that Guty or Murphy are either, as I said it's time for the adults in the room to smooth this over and get on with the goal of winning football games

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sack up Rodgers. Stop whining over 1 pick. You can command one of the most talent stacked offenses in the world if you get your ego in check and go play football for 3 more years.

Rodgers himself is throwing away the Super Bowl hopes of himself and the Packers for 2021.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 01 May 2021 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

22 pages in and I think a lot of us are afraid of sinking back into obscurity.
RIP JustJeff