Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Seems to me that it's more than just business or football. It's become personal. Maybe someone Rodgers trusts in the organization told him something about Gutey's plans that didn't jive.

Either way, Rodgers somehow has lost respect or trust for Gutey. Sounds like he doesn't want to work with him anymore. I'm not sure that can be repaired.
Love is the answer…

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Waldo wrote:
03 May 2021 10:33
Acrobat wrote:
03 May 2021 08:57
APB wrote:
03 May 2021 08:20
This is one of the very few things I’ve ever agreed with Florio on:

Same, and what's odd about this is that the general court of public opinion has not really been all that favorable to Rodgers, and you'd think some of the things like "He will not return unless Gutey is fired" things, he'd want to get in front of from a PR perspective.

Overall, this situation is just weird because it's out of character for Rodgers, considering he's such a control freak about his image and legacy.
Yeah, my general sense on this is like 80-90% of people turned on Aaron for this, especially that "the gm goes or I don't play" story. Basically noone on earth can empathize with "I'm not showing up for my 40M/yr contract unless my boss is fired because he doesn't show me enough respect." That is beyond tone deaf. Basically no other QB in the NFL could even pull this nonsense, and all it does is screw the fans.

People have turned on Aaron much, much, much harder than they did Brett. His people have to see this, this is a total PR disaster for Aaron ATM.
It's a PR disaster because he is picking a fight two years too early and when there is no fight to be picked.

There isn't a way Rodgers and his crew could have spun this to try and get people on his side, unless you already had a previous emotional attachment and would back anything he does, because the fundamentals of this situation shows nothing is there to complain about. Next year? maybe. 2023? Absolutely. But even then the notion of "I demand to be traded because I am afraid you are going to trade me" doesn't seem to be a desired solution that ultimately makes sense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Makes a guy wonder how much Mrs.-to-be is pulling his strings behind the scenes.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
03 May 2021 10:37
It's a PR disaster because he is picking a fight two years too early and when there is no fight to be picked.
Agreed
David Dunn represents both Love and Rodgers and he is the one who is pushing this decision forward and he is the one picking the fight now.
He wants resolution, while neither Rodgers nor Love NEEDS resolution today.
IT. IS. TIME

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Waldo wrote:
03 May 2021 10:33
Acrobat wrote:
03 May 2021 08:57
APB wrote:

Same, and what's odd about this is that the general court of public opinion has not really been all that favorable to Rodgers, and you'd think some of the things like "He will not return unless Gutey is fired" things, he'd want to get in front of from a PR perspective.

Overall, this situation is just weird because it's out of character for Rodgers, considering he's such a control freak about his image and legacy.
Yeah, my general sense on this is like 80-90% of people turned on Aaron for this, especially that "the gm goes or I don't play" story. Basically noone on earth can empathize with "I'm not showing up for my 40M/yr contract unless my boss is fired because he doesn't show me enough respect." That is beyond tone deaf. Basically no other QB in the NFL could even pull this nonsense, and all it does is screw the fans.

People have turned on Aaron much, much, much harder than they did Brett. His people have to see this, this is a total PR disaster for Aaron ATM.

I mean my mom, who lives in Wi but only marginally follows football (watches most Packer games though) is completely disgusted by the situation and thinks GB need to get rid of him immediately because Aaron is being a big jerk.
Yep! Absolutely tone deaf when we're in a year where a Pandemic completely destroyed the economy and unemployment rate. While things are slowly but surely getting better, it's really hard to tell the guy who had to close his restaurant or the retail employee whose hours got cut in half that Rodgers really has it bad and we should all empathize with him.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

NCF wrote:
03 May 2021 10:38
Makes a guy wonder how much Mrs.-to-be is pulling his strings behind the scenes.
I'm thinking the same thing. I seriously doubt she has any intrest in living in Wisconsin.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
03 May 2021 10:42
go pak go wrote:
03 May 2021 10:37
Agreed
David Dunn represents both Love and Rodgers and he is the one who is pushing this decision forward and he is the one picking the fight now.
He wants resolution, while neither Rodgers nor Love NEEDS resolution today.
who knows, but it seems David Dunn is the guy that wants Guty fired, if we can believe Rodgers, and thats a big IF he said I wish this had not become media news

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

The only thing I currently blame anyone for is AR's side for messing up my 1st round of the draft. The timing of the leak was a bummer and turned a day of hope into a day of strife. I can forgive him for that, though. Not a big deal in the larger scheme of things.

Otherwise I don't know enough of what the FO offered and what AR wanted to make an informed call.

I think a lot of posters are projecting their own hopes, preferences and criticisms to AR, without knowing what AR actually thinks. Like "if AR had been allowed to influence/choose the GM/HC/draft, we'd have the GM/HC/draft pick I preferred now, and since I'm always right, especially with hindsight, we'd have many more SB wins now". Hijacking a player you claim to be a fan of for your own reasons like that is super selfish and weird.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
03 May 2021 11:02
The only thing I currently blame anyone for is AR's side for messing up my 1st round of the draft. The timing of the leak was a bummer and turned a day of hope into a day of strife. I can forgive him for that, though. Not a big deal in the larger scheme of things.

Otherwise I don't know enough of what the FO offered and what AR wanted to make an informed call.

I think a lot of posters are projecting their own hopes, preferences and criticisms to AR, without knowing what AR actually thinks. Like "if AR had been allowed to influence/choose the GM/HC/draft, we'd have the GM/HC/draft pick I preferred now, and since I'm always right, especially with hindsight, we'd have many more SB wins now". Hijacking a player you claim to be a fan of for your own reasons like that is super selfish and weird.
I mean the Packers ruined my 1st round last year so I guess they’re even their.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
Mike Florio from PFT wrote: “If he wants out, he needs to say something more than ‘my future is a beautiful mystery’ or whatever else he has said in a vague way before acting like he didn’t drop a proverbial (or literal) turd in the punch bowl. Put simply, he needs to become as clear and direct about his objectives for his future football career as he’s been about his objectives for his potential career as the host of Jeopardy! He hasn’t been afraid to say he wants that job. If he wants out of Green Bay, the time has come for him to say so.”
Agreed as well. Especially when the news is out and he says he’s disappointed the media got hold of the story. Bro we all know Rodgers camp is the ones who leaked it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Hawk just said, in his opinion, there is a 0% chance Rodgers will retire.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

He also said he doesn't believe Rodgers is trying to get Gutey fired.

Of course, this is not him speaking for Rodgers, just his feelings.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:roll:
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Aj hawk talking about the same thing on pat mcafee. Says it’s ñot love or money related. It’s related to the team treating him like he is a scrub and doing personell and org decisions that he hates
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
03 May 2021 12:08
Hawk just said, in his opinion, there is a 0% chance Rodgers will retire.
Sorry did see your posting about hawk before I did
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 12:17
Aj hawk talking about the same thing on pat mcafee. Says it’s ñot love or money related. It’s related to the team treating him like he is a scrub and doing personell and org decisions that he hates
I think and have thought this is more the issue. But taking Love, trading up, and not giving him a call with a heads up, is a big part of it though.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
03 May 2021 12:14
Rodgers did mention that in several of his pressers. Like "I'm not going to praise anyone too much; last time I did that the guy ended up in Buffalo."

Tell Aaron they wouldn't have released Jake if Rodgers had every thrown him the ball. He played a TON of snaps relative to his production in 2019.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
03 May 2021 12:14
:roll: :roll: :roll:

...is right.

Read More. Post Less.

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

I see people are blaming Gute for poor communication but here i'm thinking, how?

He is smack bang in the middle of the first round of the draft. He is literally working, he is watching the board, speaking to his co-workers over zoom and on the phone all at the same time. Not only that he had his four children distracting him. Through all of that he was also busy trying to make the trade for one of the wide recievers he liked but when that didn't work out he ended up being busy trying to trade up for Love. He had no time to stop and call Rodgers beforehand.

I bet he called Rodgers right after he spoke to Love but lets ignore that pesky little detail.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
03 May 2021 12:20
Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 12:17
I think and have thought this is more the issue. But taking Love, trading up, and not giving him a call with a heads up, is a big part of it though.
I think it definitely goes into it. But add in Kumerow and various other decisions that didn't get mentioned to Rodgers and its built up to a breaking point for him. Money won't fix this. Reversing all of this and giving him the say he wants may not fix this.

Packers have to decide how badly they want Rodgers. Rodgers needs to decide if he can forgive and move forward. At this point, it doesn't sound like Rodgers is budging. I doubt the Packers are willing to go far enough to entice him.
RIP JustJeff